Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Aliens: Extermination (Global VR)

sonic323

Messages recommandés

On 3/6/2018 at 12:26 AM, Mohkerz said:

Hello!

As I discussed yesterday with a guy on 1CC, here is the latest version of the crack that I had already been a good time. And for those who would not follow, no need for VM or disk images, dongle or emulator, etc ... just the folder of the game ... So the crack is still the same and works well, the novelty is that you can put the game or you want on your PC, and no longer in "C: \ PC \ aliens \". So always place this exe at the root of the game and HOP! Perfect with the ResChanger available ...

Voila le lien: ALIENS CRK v2

Allez a plus!

How does this work? I've tried everything. Placing this file in root (PC) and Data folder. I changed name to "aliens dehasped.exe" and tried it. What are we supposed to do with it? I'd love to move my game folder somewhere other than my C:/ root.

Also, for v3, can we get a clean way to exit the game? :P

Modifié par LEGEND80

@LEGEND80 Seriously? You have to put the exe right next to DATA, AUDIO & shaders folders.... that's all...., then move the folder containing these folders, exe and dlls anywhere you want.

I added here a loader that quits the game with F4 and denies some windows shortcut as ALT+tab, win keys and some else....

To use it rename your game exe to "ALIENS.exe" and use this launcher to quit game with F4.

Note1: add this file next to the game exe.

Note2: this is quick and dirty loader, have fun....

ALIENS_LAUNCHER.exe

Modifié par Mohkerz

I got the f4 to quit build working just fine. Thanks for the contribution!!

But unfortunately I can't get the other exe you provided to allow me to move dirs. I placed ALIENScrkV2.exe in the folder alongside DATA, Audio, etc. and moved the whole thing to another location, but I just get the "Fatal Error: Could not load shader" (just like the old behavior). See screenshot. Running it or the Aliens deshapsed.exe in the DATA folder don't work.

Any ideas?

1.png

Modifié par LEGEND80

Copy/paste all the DLL from the DATA folder next to your exe.... then it works.

The dll are alut.dll, openal32.dll, wrap_oal.dll and glut32.dll.

And to use the launcher, rename the exe to ALIENS.exe.

Here is a folder snapshot to help:

Sans titre.png

Now your game is fully portable!

Modifié par Mohkerz

Ok got everything working! Even patched the resolution of your new exe. Good to go.

BUT there's one thing left to sort out - enabling mouse. This is currently done with the mouseenabler app. Unfortunately, it needs the exe to be named the original title. See screenshot.

Can you make your launcher work with 'aliens dehasped.exe' name instead of 'aliens.exe'?

Untitled.png

Modifié par LEGEND80

Hello tout le monde

chez moi le jeu fonctionne sous win7 64bits (cool !!!)

le jeu fonctionne avec la resolution 1360x768 en stretch mais pas grave (cool)

mon aimtrak fonctionne aussi (cool)

Mais j ai beau installer tous les codec divx que je pouvais trouver sur le net et j ai toujours l erreur "failed to open avi" !!!!!

pourriez vous me donner le lien du codec divx6.0 j arrive pas Ă  trouver la bonne version

Merci d avance

@LEGEND80 Here is an archive with a mouse enabler moded to use "ALIENS.exe" (thanks Argonlefou & Ducon for the sources).

I also included a new launcher that silently launches mouse enabler in the background and then runs the game, so you can now launch everything with one click!

Have fun!

ALIENSext_LAUNCHER+controlMOD_v2.rar

Il y a 1 heure, Mohkerz a dit :

@LEGEND80 Here is an archive with a mouse enabler moded to use "ALIENS.exe" (thanks Argonlefou & Ducon for the sources).

I also included a new launcher that silently launches mouse enabler in the background and then runs the game, so you can now launch everything with one click!

Have fun!

Thx

Can you give us the source code , i want to understand how it work ?

thx

Modifié par maximumstyle

The Mouse Enabler source is available in this thread.

Original source was given previously by Argonlefou.

Source was given too in previous pages by Ducon with modified code to use keyboard.

Please just read the thread, it's only 8 pages....

And if you mean the source of the launcher, it's a simple ahk script compiled to exe.

The whole code is 30 very short lines.

If you want to learn about it just learn to use Autohotkey... or decompile the exe ;)

Modifié par Mohkerz

14 hours ago, Mohkerz said:

Have fun!

You are the only legend here. :P I now have everything working perfectly! Thanks for getting this game to where it's 'done' finally (can put in any dir and can properly exit, etc.).

I can't use your new launcher though as I need to pass in some params to the mouse app (-resX=1920 -resY=1080), else I can't get mouse to work. Just an FYI. Others might need to do this as well. Works fine using your last launcher though.

Modifié par LEGEND80

Ok I can add parameters, what are they exactly? Only the resX and resY? resX is screen width and resY is screen height?

It will be done in 5 minutes...

ALIENS+controls_LAUNCHER_v2.exe

Done!

Now the launcher find your screen resolution and add resX and resY parameters when launching the mouse+KB enabler, then it runs ALIENS.exe game....

Lemme know if it working good!

Note: its working for any screen resolution you want automatically. Just patch game exe to your screen res at first.

Modifié par Mohkerz

Ok thanks for the precise explanations! And thanks for the code too argonleouf!

So my v2 launcher loads mouse_enabler with the full screen res X and Y, it's nice if your using game with full screen res too...

Else this v2 launcher might load mouse_enabler with incorrect parameters.... so use another method.

Modifié par Mohkerz

11 hours ago, Mohkerz said:

Ok I can add parameters, what are they exactly? Only the resX and resY? resX is screen width and resY is screen height?

It will be done in 5 minutes...

ALIENS+controls_LAUNCHER_v2.exe

Done!

Now the launcher find your screen resolution and add resX and resY parameters when launching the mouse+KB enabler, then it runs ALIENS.exe game....

Lemme know if it working good!

Note: its working for any screen resolution you want automatically. Just patch game exe to your screen res at first.

Works perfect!!! Wow, NOW I can play this game with a single click. Thanks so much for sticking with this and getting everything sorted out. Nice work!

3 hours ago, Mohkerz said:

@xtremebuga About the error you posted a screenshot, just install the divx codec that is in the previous page....

Then about speed, what OS do you run? Read the whole thread i think it has been already mentionned.

Okay, thank you very much for this information. I'll try and then I'll talk about the results.

Here, Win 7. 64 bits.

Modifié par xtremebuga

1 hour ago, xtremebuga said:

Okay, thank you very much for this information. I'll try and then I'll talk about the results.

Here, Win 7. 64 bits.

Thanks for all the hard work on this game and the apps you guy are creating to make it easier for us !!! one thing I cant figure out is the speed issue . I have read through the forum and installed divx6.0 and cant get it to stop moving so fast ...........

45 minutes ago, atrain9 said:

Thanks for all the hard work on this game and the apps you guy are creating to make it easier for us !!! one thing I cant figure out is the speed issue . I have read through the forum and installed divx6.0 and cant get it to stop moving so fast ...........

Neither do I, the error no longer appears after I installed the divx6.0, plus the movement of the game goes on fast. Anyway, thank you very much to everyone.

@atrain9 well, if you want some help tell us more about your system... what OS, and what graphic card?

@xtremebuga what's your graphic card? try tweaking some settings, enabling vsync for example... with nvidia control panel I know it's possible to set parameters for games individually...

Oh and for both of you, I hope you're not running the game inside a VM.... it's a known behavior of the game when run inside a VM.

Finally there is a commandline switch for this game that I did not find any use: try adding -nooverload to command launching aliens game exe and report anything....

Modifié par Mohkerz

@atrain9 So try that: open AMD catalyst control center (you must have it if you have an ATi card with up-to-date drivers).

Go in something like gaming or 3d applications section.

Then look for something like framerate control or V-sync or vertical refresh or something related.

Turn this to always ON. Finally try the new settings with Aliens.

Remember this setting, as you might have to disable it for some other games that would not work correctly with.

If it does not work, sorry I don't know how to halp better with AMD...

For nVidia users the same kind of thing applies for nVidia control center with different names, and you can have a different setting per game.

Good luck!

7 hours ago, Mohkerz said:

@atrain9 So try that: open AMD catalyst control center (you must have it if you have an ATi card with up-to-date drivers).

Go in something like gaming or 3d applications section.

Then look for something like framerate control or V-sync or vertical refresh or something related.

Turn this to always ON. Finally try the new settings with Aliens.

Remember this setting, as you might have to disable it for some other games that would not work correctly with.

If it does not work, sorry I don't know how to halp better with AMD...

For nVidia users the same kind of thing applies for nVidia control center with different names, and you can have a different setting per game.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for your tip, it worked out right here with my AMD, now it just needs to configure the controls or mouse. How to configure?

@razor1978 wrong thread ask in the good one...

@xtremebuga you have to calibrate guns in service menu, so learn to use it, here are the controls:

--------------------------------------------------

To go in service menu : [5]
Up and down in menu : [9] and [0]
Validate : [6]
Start 1P & 2P : [1] and [2]
--------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, just bumping this thread. I’m using dual aimtraks. Problem is offscreen reload is the flame thrower button. This can easily be changed in the Aimtrak Utility, but I’m running the game via a front end, and the aimtrak utility software does not have command line support to change what the buttons do.

Le 12/03/2018 à 13:20, argonlefou a dit :

-resX and -resY were not for Screen resolution but for the game's window resolution

The mouse utility should find it automatically but for some users, Windows doesn't want to return anything else than a [0,0] size so this is a dirty hack to force it to something else

I can launch with success the game with the launcher ALIENS+controls_LAUNCHER_v2.

It is working like a charm.

But my problem is that I am trying to use my second light gun by launching before "demulshooter.Exe -target=globalvr -rom=aliens" and nothing happens.

The second gun is directing the first aim.

In fact demulshooter is functionning for other games, so well configured.

Also when I quit the game Aliens, DemulShooter is not autokilled as usual . As it has not detected the game aliens.

Some advices ?

Thanks

12 hours ago, grocarlito said:

I can launch with success the game with the launcher ALIENS+controls_LAUNCHER_v2.

It is working like a charm.

But my problem is that I am trying to use my second light gun by launching before "demulshooter.Exe -target=globalvr -rom=aliens" and nothing happens.

The second gun is directing the first aim.

In fact demulshooter is functionning for other games, so well configured.

Also when I quit the game Aliens, DemulShooter is not autokilled as usual . As it has not detected the game aliens.

Some advices ?

Thanks

Maybe :

1) Do NOT run ALIENS+controls_LAUNCHER_v2 or any other app from this thread at the same time. DemulShooter alone is what you need for dual Lightgun, these tools only exist to let people playing with mouse (or a keyboard) and will interfere with the Lightgun handling.

2) Make sure your .exe name hasn't been modified: "aliens dehasped.exe" if you're using  -rom=aliens, or "abhRelease.exe" if you're using -rom=alienshasp

This could be a reason why DemulShooter is not finding aliens process to hook  it