Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Aliens: Extermination (Global VR)

sonic323

Messages recommandés

Invité Rorysean

Hi thank you for the HD patch but it does not work. The original one works fine .but the HD ones just to give a load shader error again.?

Invité Rorysean

Use PP joy Set it as=Mouse . Push 5 and then 6 on the keyboard in game,this ( and ) to change controller one and two . and set it up . Anyone got HD patch working ?

Invité POOTERMAN

I would so love to play this but I get the can't find dongle error screen when running abhRelease.exe in Windows 10 x64 :(

If only somebody could find a workaround to this problem.

I premade a virtualbox image with this fully working on 1cc. 

In virtualbox create a new VM with the following settings:

Windows XP (32 bit)

1024mb ram

I/O APIC enabled

1 cpu core

128mb video memory

3D/2D acceleration enabled

When it asks you to make a new hard drive select the aliens.vhd file then run the vm, in the vm i recommend disabling mouse integration so the mouse doesn't leave the vm (right ctrl to get the mouse back)

ppjoy mouse to joystick is set up in the vm for controls, sensitivity can be changed on the window that opens on startup (leave it open in the background) press ok on any avi frame errors and the game will start

Note: Mouse may be a bit sensitive, if it is then lower the sensitivity in windows embedded and ppjoy

Download: https://mega.nz/#!gx1GGTTZ!ycaEIImtlTH8JDqvmDuQJ5mQRY0SOJzTzM5pCkW1ySE

post-4493-0-40473100-1490376238_thumb.jpg

Invité POOTERMAN

Harry you're a legend mate, huge thanks for putting this together for the emulation community :)

I can't get the HD patches working though as they always through up a shader error message in Windows 10 x64 :(

I just want to be able to play the game full screen, do you know if there's any way to do this?

Harry you're a legend mate, huge thanks for putting this together for the emulation community :)

I can't get the HD patches working though as they always through up a shader error message in Windows 10 x64 :(

I just want to be able to play the game full screen, do you know

if there's any way to do this?

ho Windows 10 x64 ma virtual box non mi avvia vhd

Aliens: Extermination help thanks

Invité POOTERMAN

Has ANYONE managed to get 7zxkv's HD Patches to work?

Everyone I know that has tested it says that it just throws up Shader errors :(

Invité POOTERMAN

Does anyone know how to stop the "Failed to Open the AVI Frame" messages before the game starts when using VirtualBox?

The virtual images seem to already have the divx codecs installed but yet the error messages still show up?

Salut à tous,

excellent jeu, c'est d'enfer avec des manettes WII et touchmote !!

pour ceux qui ont des problèmes de vidéos ( failed to open AVI Frame) , il suffit d'installer une vieille version de divx  (6.0 bundle installer, ça se trouve facile avec google...)

Sinon pour ceux qui ont des moniteurs 16/9 en fullHD, la résolution peut se changer en éditant le fichier abhrelease.exe.

En comparant 2 versions différentes des exe fournis dans le patch HD, on retrouve très vite les valeurs hex qui diffèrent, et il suffit de les remplacer par ce qu'on veut. 

J'ai utilisé un soft qui s'appelle HxD pour le faire, résultat impec ( et plus l'image sur une partie de l'écran seulement comme avec le patch HD)

@+

Invité POOTERMAN
Thanks so much garfield63, but the 2560x1440 folder is empty and doesn't contain the .exe :(

When you said aboutr installing an old version of DIVX, did you mean install it on the virtual Windows XP  drive or within the operating system you're running the virtualbox software on?

Thanks so much garfield63, but the 2560x1440 folder is empty and doesn't contain the .exe :(

When you said aboutr installing an old version of DIVX, did you mean install it on the virtual Windows XP  drive or within the operating system you're running the virtualbox software on?

Well I think the problem is not about DIVX it doesn't make sense because the avi files opens well with no errors.

I think the problem should about be the player used to play those game videos. Maybe some missing dll or a downgraded one

I'm trying to figure it out.

Modifié par jviegas

Invité POOTERMAN

Could you please repack the Alien_FHD_4k.rar file to include the 2560x1440 .exe please?

I think installing the old version of DIVX v6.0 within the XP virtualbox might have fixed the problem :)

You were right I installed the divx 6 bundle and it solved the problem

Aliens: Extermination help window 10

torostanco, on 26 Mar 2017 - 3:31 PM, said:snapback.png

Aliens: Extermination help window 10

virtul box Aliens: Extermination help window 10 mouse troppo veloce

torostanco, on 27 Mar 2017 - 3:28 PM, said:snapback.png

virtul box Aliens: Extermination funziona ok thanks

• 2 semaines après...

I premade a virtualbox image with this fully working on 1cc. 

In virtualbox create a new VM with the following settings:

Windows XP (32 bit)

1024mb ram

I/O APIC enabled

1 cpu core

128mb video memory

3D/2D acceleration enabled

When it asks you to make a new hard drive select the aliens.vhd file then run the vm, in the vm i recommend disabling mouse integration so the mouse doesn't leave the vm (right ctrl to get the mouse back)

ppjoy mouse to joystick is set up in the vm for controls, sensitivity can be changed on the window that opens on startup (leave it open in the background) press ok on any avi frame errors and the game will start

Note: Mouse may be a bit sensitive, if it is then lower the sensitivity in windows embedded and ppjoy

Download: https://mega.nz/#!gx1GGTTZ!ycaEIImtlTH8JDqvmDuQJ5mQRY0SOJzTzM5pCkW1ySE

Harry, thanks so much for uploading this! You've made what initially was a head-scratingly complex process to get this running using an actual physical hard drive into something so much simpler. After I first got the game running using the Virtual Box method, I was having issues with the controls in that I couldn't see the in game cursor at all. No amount of trying to change the ppjoy settings seemed to make a difference as they kept resetting back to 75 in all the movement axes. Eventually I managed to get around this by calibrating the gun settings in the game's test menu and all works good now, hurrah! Thanks again!

I just want to be able to play the game full screen, do you know if there's any way to do this?

Gary, were you able to figure out how to run the game full screen? I'm not fussed about getting it into 4k or anything, would just like to get it full screen.

Gary, were you able to figure out how to run the game full screen? I'm not fussed about getting it into 4k or anything, would just like to get it full screen.

Fullscreen the VM and use one of arcadepc's reshacks? the standard game exe doesn't like the vm being fullscreen

post-4493-0-74345500-1491328791_thumb.jpg

Weird I am able to launch mine full screen now. Even have it setup to launch from Rocket launcher, it will load in full screen and can use 1 aimtrak gone. Used AHK to map the coin and start keys. Seems to be working ok so far. Would love to get the second gun working though!

Fullscreen the VM and use one of arcadepc's reshacks? the standard game exe doesn't like the vm being fullscreen

Well, i downloaded  garfield63's different resolution exes and dragged and dropped the 1920 x 1080 one into the Aliens data folder on the VM machine (after temporarily moving the old one into a different folder first), but when I tried to launch it I got a shader error. Hmmm...

Let's give up if you cannot understand by watching this video.

http://y2u.be/UsQemP5xkM4

I watched the video and used the exact same method to open the game using a custom resolution of 1280 x 720. No shader errors this time and the game opened OK, but it seemed to upscale within a big white border that obscured a large amount of the screen. It looked like although the game had upscaled the image, the playing window stayed the same size, meaning I could only see part of a corner of the screen. Ugh. Think I'm going to give up on this HD pack business and just stick to playing the game windowed in it's normal resolution.

I watched the video and used the exact same method to open the game using a custom resolution of 1280 x 720. No shader errors this time and the game opened OK, but it seemed to upscale within a big white border that obscured a large amount of the screen. It looked like although the game had upscaled the image, the playing window stayed the same size, meaning I could only see part of a corner of the screen. Ugh. Think I'm going to give up on this HD pack business and just stick to playing the game windowed in it's normal resolution.

did you move the files from the pc\aliens\DATA folder to the pc\aliens folder like in the video

and this is the moded files i used http://dl.free.fr/wcVOxKa64

i went with the 1080p file

only problem i have is that i get a blue screen 2 or 3 times before the game finally starts

did you move the files from the pc\aliens\DATA folder to the pc\aliens folder like in the video

and this is the moded files i used http://dl.free.fr/wcVOxKa64

i went with the 1080p file

only problem i have is that i get a blue screen 2 or 3 times before the game finally starts

Yeah, I tried that mon ami, I replicated everything the dude in the video did. TBH, it's not that big of a deal  if I can't get it fullscreen, I'm just happy I've got it working at all. Next up is to see if I can get Dead Heat working in VM box...
Modifié par MrThunderwing

Yeah, I tried that mon ami, I replicated everything the dude in the video did. TBH, it's not that big of a deal  if I can't get it fullscreen, I'm just happy I've got it working at all. Next up is to see if I can get Dead Heat working in VM box...

well yea better than nothing ... although the game looks really good in 1080p but its vitualbox u get different outcomes on different machines  ...i was actually surprised that it worked with minor problems

i usually have better outcome working with vmware ... i mean i tried for days to run silent hill the arcade on virtualbox and finally when it worked it was a mess ..  but it worked really well on vmware

so i recommend vmware if u r going to try dead heat

Weird I am able to launch mine full screen now. Even have it setup to launch from Rocket launcher, it will load in full screen and can use 1 aimtrak gone. Used AHK to map the coin and start keys. Seems to be working ok so far. Would love to get the second gun working though!

Can you explain how you got this working in rocket launcher and the ahk scripts?