Aller au contenu

[Emu] Dolphin v2407 Triforce : Branche Arcade (Namco / Sega / Nintendo / GC / Wii)

7zxkv

Messages recommandés

6 hours ago, taktvoll69 said:

@mamefan2018yes please....

By the way: Is there any Triforce-version of smashing drive or The Key of avalon working on Dolphin ?

I think Smashing Drive arcade was on Dreamcast derived boards, similar to the Naomi but not exactly the same, the Gamecube version will work with dolphin but for the arcade version you will need to use Demul, The key of avalon was on the Triforce I believe there are dumps of it but as far as I know at this point it is not supported on Dolphin.

here are the proper widescreen patches for the mario kart games (aspect ratio needs to be set to forced 16:9)

Mario Kart GP Widescreen

C228C800 00000009
C03F0034 9421FFE0
93C10004 93E10008
DBE1000C 7FC802A6
48000009 3FAAAAAB
7FE802A6 C3FF0000
EC3F0072 7FC803A6
83C10004 83E10008
CBE1000C 38210020
60000000 00000000

Mario Kart GP2 US Widescreen

C22C80D4 00000009
C03F0034 9421FFE0
93C10004 93E10008
DBE1000C 7FC802A6
48000009 3FAAAAAB
7FE802A6 C3FF0000
EC3F0072 7FC803A6
83C10004 83E10008
CBE1000C 38210020
60000000 00000000

Mario Kart GP2 JPN Widescreen

C22C86EC 00000009
C03F0034 9421FFE0
93C10004 93E10008
DBE1000C 7FC802A6
48000009 3FAAAAAB
7FE802A6 C3FF0000
EC3F0072 7FC803A6
83C10004 83E10008
CBE1000C 38210020
60000000 00000000

I spent way too much time on these patches ... although as i stated before i'm not a big fan of widescreen patches for classic games ...but i guess it ended up being a challenge ..halfway through i was regretting that i even considered doing this lol  ..but it finally worked and surprisingly it looked really good with no graphical issues or clipping ..so hopefully it works fine for everyone ..i only played a few races but everything looked fine.

is there a place to grab the corresponding control butons for easy & quick rebind ?

or we must do by your side, coz it's a mess & a pain to setup all these.

because i play FZ with buton accel not L R trigs.

just to show here is a quick notice for F-ZERO AX bindings :

( Buton in the emulator = its function in game    ||    just push your selected buton on controller on the chosen function )

R.TRIG = GAS            A = PADDLE LEFT
L.TRIG = BRAKE          B = PADDLE RIGHT
     Y = BOOST
                        X = CREDITS
     Z = TEST       START = START

PAD.RIGHT = VIEW CHANGE 1
 PAD.LEFT = VIEW CHANGE 2
   PAD.UP = VIEW CHANGE 3
 PAD.DOWN = VIEW CHANGE 4

L.STICK.LEFT = STEERING LEFT
L.STICK.RIGHT = STEERING RIGHT

example : i want to accelerate with my Yellow buton, R.TRIG = GAS, i go to RT in controls, at RT i push my Yellow buton.

//EDIT: does the wheel is working on F-Zero (FFB) ?

i guess no as we are using "Disable Motor Setup" ?

really whish to experience this one day :3

//EDIT.DIT: i tested, & yeah no surprise, no FFB at all  <j¦^(

PS : hippopippo & mamefan2018 :timide: THANKS

Modifié par Simon Belmont

20 hours ago, taktvoll69 said:

By the way: Is there any Triforce-version of smashing drive or The Key of avalon working on Dolphin ?

14 hours ago, GingerJazz said:

I think Smashing Drive arcade was on Dreamcast derived boards, similar to the Naomi but not exactly the same, the Gamecube version will work with dolphin but for the arcade version you will need to use Demul, The key of avalon was on the Triforce I believe there are dumps of it but as far as I know at this point it is not supported on Dolphin.

yep ,the arcade version of smashing drive is on a dreamcast derived board ...and runs with demul .. and hopefully in the near future on flycast .

as for key of avalon ..yep the game is dumped but if anyone is wondering why it's not playable yet just check this out :

https://segaretro.org/images/d/dd/AvalonNoKagi_Arcade_JP_Flyer.pdf

the normal setup for this game is one server and 4 clients .. plus the card machine ... it is just a game that is meant to be played in the arcade for card games fans ...there is way too much work to be done to get it to boot ,not just patches or updates to the triforce build .. but we might even need more work on the dolphin core and if we get all this done i don't see how we can make it playable with the card system ..

Modifié par mamefan2018

10 hours ago, mamefan2018 said:

here are the proper widescreen patches for the mario kart games (aspect ratio needs to be set to forced 16:9)

Mario Kart GP Widescreen

C228C800 00000009
C03F0034 9421FFE0
93C10004 93E10008
DBE1000C 7FC802A6
48000009 3FAAAAAB
7FE802A6 C3FF0000
EC3F0072 7FC803A6
83C10004 83E10008
CBE1000C 38210020
60000000 00000000

Mario Kart GP2 US Widescreen

C22C80D4 00000009
C03F0034 9421FFE0
93C10004 93E10008
DBE1000C 7FC802A6
48000009 3FAAAAAB
7FE802A6 C3FF0000
EC3F0072 7FC803A6
83C10004 83E10008
CBE1000C 38210020
60000000 00000000

Mario Kart GP2 JPN Widescreen

C22C86EC 00000009
C03F0034 9421FFE0
93C10004 93E10008
DBE1000C 7FC802A6
48000009 3FAAAAAB
7FE802A6 C3FF0000
EC3F0072 7FC803A6
83C10004 83E10008
CBE1000C 38210020
60000000 00000000

I spent way too much time on these patches ... although as i stated before i'm not a big fan of widescreen patches for classic games ...but i guess it ended up being a challenge ..halfway through i was regretting that i even considered doing this lol  ..but it finally worked and surprisingly it looked really good with no graphical issues or clipping ..so hopefully it works fine for everyone ..i only played a few races but everything looked fine.

These are really good widescreen patches! Nice work.

Here's a compare for anyone that cares, original AR bottom. You can see there's no stretching of the 3d graphics, only overlays. After looking at the widescreen, i almost feel like the overlays are squashed on the original AR. The look squahed at the original AR, and they look a little stretched on the widescreen patch.  I think i'll use these widescreen patches, they look great, thanks for posting.
Picture attached to compare. I put the red lines on it just so you can see there's no 3d stretching, the widescreen enabled a wider render area. (which is awesome)

mk.jpg.9c30d4d2ed2387c15168333f35045477.jpg

5 hours ago, Simon Belmont said:

is there a place to grab the corresponding control butons for easy & quick rebind ?

or we must do by your side, coz it's a mess & a pain to setup all these.

because i play FZ with buton accel not L R trigs.

just to show here is a quick notice for F-ZERO AX bindings :

( Buton in the emulator = its function in game    ||    just push your selected buton on controller on the choosen function )

LEFT STICK = <- & ->       A = PADDLE LEFT
R.TRIG = ACCEL             B = PADDLE RIGHT
L.TRIG = BRAKE             PAD = THE 4 VIEWS
X = CREDITS
Y = BOOST                  Z = TEST

example : i want to accelerate with my Yellow buton, R.TRIG = ACCEL, i go to RT in controls, at RT i push my Yellow buton.

//EDIT: does the wheel is working on F-Zero (FFB) ?

i guess no as we are using "Disable Motor Setup" ?

really whish to experience this one day :3

//EDIT.DIT: i tested, & yeah no surprise, no FFB at all  <j¦^(

PS : hippopippo & mamefan2018 :timide: THANKS

This is another reason to make them all portable. Add a text file called portable.txt into the root of your dolphin folder. This will make it completely portable. Use a different folder with full dolphin for each game. This way you can easily setup controls just for that game.
You can use a steering wheel for F-Zero and Mario kart games. Goto controls, change port 1 to wheel, set your controls, then set it back to Triforce AM baseboard. It works, i've done it. No force feedback though, you need to set static force in your wheel control panel.

Maybe it will be added to ffbplugin in the future, who knows 😉. It might not be possible with the way the emu works, you never know though, few months ago if someone told us we would be where we are now with these games you probably wouldn't have believed it!

vor 5 Stunden schrieb mamefan2018:

yep ,the arcade version of smashing drive is on a dreamcast derived board ...and runs with demul .. and hopefully in the near future on flycast .

as for key of avalon ..yep the game is dumped but if anyone is wondering why it's not playable yet just check this out :

https://segaretro.org/images/d/dd/AvalonNoKagi_Arcade_JP_Flyer.pdf

the normal setup for this game is one server and 4 clients .. plus the card machine ... it is just a game that is meant to be played in the arcade for card games fans ...there is way too much work to be done to get it to boot ,not just patches or updates to the triforce build .. but we might need even more work on the dolphin core and if we get all this done i don't see how we can make it playable with the card system ..

Thank you for the informations. I´ve already a demul version of smashing drive... I don´t think that there`re ever will be a port of key of Avalon to dolphin-Triforce....

for Avalon i  directly understood when i saw "client & server" side file.

if we want to experience this one day, we'll need to create a fake server side,

so... do not dream to much, but do not stop to dream 

Il y a 7 heures, murray a dit :

You can use a steering wheel for F-Zero and Mario kart games. Goto controls, change port 1 to wheel, set your controls, then set it back to Triforce AM baseboard. It works, i've done it. No force feedback though, you need to set static force in your wheel control panel.

Maybe it will be added to ffbplugin in the future, who knows 😉. It might not be possible with the way the emu works, you never know though, few months ago if someone told us we would be where we are now with these games you probably wouldn't have believed it!

i am not tricking like this for Dolphin,

i create a generic profile (exact same buton to not confuse me, A=A, B=B...) called "DEFAULT"

then i use this "DEFAULT" ingame to note what function buton have,

then i go in controller setup, player 4 (config standard controller), i create a new controller profile
i bind the correct butons at my preference, then save as "GAMENAME".

to finish i go in the Editor, then i change my "DEFAULT" to the correctly & freshly created "GAMENAME" profile.

like this i don't need to touch the AM stuff in the setup. just another way ^_^

but i could resive my decision, cause actually, 16/9 & 4/3 is a mess & doing folders is the solution.

6 hours ago, Simon Belmont said:

for Avalon i  directly understood when i saw "client & server" side file.

if we want to experience this one day, we'll need to create a fake server side,

so... do not dream to much, but do not stop to dream 

i am not tricking like this for Dolphin,

i create a generic profile (exact same buton to not confuse me, A=A, B=B...) called "DEFAULT"

then i use this "DEFAULT" ingame to note what function buton have,

then i go in controller setup, player 4 (config standard controller), i create a new controller profile
i bind the correct butons at my preference, then save as "GAMENAME".

to finish i go in the Editor, then i change my "DEFAULT" to the correctly & freshly created "GAMENAME" profile.

like this i don't need to touch the AM stuff in the setup. just another way ^_^

but i could resive my decision, cause actually, 16/9 & 4/3 is a mess & doing folders is the solution.

I was just about to post a discussion concerning Fzeeo Ax ffb. I got it working with g27 steering wheel controller . I even set the ffb to constant at 50%.However no ffb in game!

il y a 25 minutes, naderkadd1981 a dit :

I was just about to post a discussion concerning Fzeeo Ax ffb. I got it working with g27 steering wheel controller . I even set the ffb to constant at 50%.However no ffb in game!

stop the torture,

this afternoon, i dreamed again, with LAN on F-ZERO AX... even with gamepad... sweet :3 dream.

17 hours ago, murray said:

These are really good widescreen patches! Nice work.

Here's a compare for anyone that cares, original AR bottom. You can see there's no stretching of the 3d graphics, only overlays. After looking at the widescreen, i almost feel like the overlays are squashed on the original AR. The look squahed at the original AR, and they look a little stretched on the widescreen patch.  I think i'll use these widescreen patches, they look great, thanks for posting.
Picture attached to compare. I put the red lines on it just so you can see there's no 3d stretching, the widescreen enabled a wider render area. (which is awesome)

mk.jpg.9c30d4d2ed2387c15168333f35045477.jpg

oh yea , I was really surprised on how good the game looked in proper widescreen  ... I was like does it actually look better this way or I'm just trying to justify all the time i spent to patch the game and get it to work in proper widescreen  lol ..

but ur screenshots actually answers this question .. the game definitely look better in widescreen ..I guess maybe they had that in mind when developing the game .. i mean the first game was released in 2005 and gp2 in 2007 ..so I guess by that time widescreen support for games started to become a more common thing.

Modifié par mamefan2018

@mamefan2018 Do you happen to have any bezels for the triforce games by any chance?, each person goes one way or the other between bezels and widescreen, I must admit the widescreen patches do look good but bezels are more my thing on older games.

because Virtua Striker 4 is another mess here are the bindings : (work for VS4 & VS4 Ver.2006)

( Buton in the emulator = its function in game    ||    just push your selected buton on controller on the chosen function )

PAD.LEFT = TACTIC UP        A = DASH
       PAD.UP = TACTIC MID       B = SHOOT
    PAD.RIGHT = TACTIC DOWN      R = SHORT PASS
                                 L = LONG PASS            
            X = CREDITS
        START = START            Z = TEST

L.STICK.UP = L.STICK.RIGHT
 L.STICK.DOWN = L.STICK.LEFT
L.STICK.RIGHT = L.STICK.DOWN
 L.STICK.LEFT = L.STICK.UP

example : i want to DASH with my Yellow buton, A = DASH, i go to A in controls, at A i push my Yellow buton.

let me know if i did any mistake, peace les amis.

23 minutes ago, GingerJazz said:

@mamefan2018 Do you happen to have any bezels for the triforce games by any chance?, each person goes one way or the other between bezels and widescreen, I must admit the widescreen patches do look good but bezels are more my thing on older games.

yea same here i tend to go with bezels 99% of the time ..and i did share a stripped down version of ArcCabView to work with the latest triforce build and added a nice bezel to it ...but looks like the link is down

here is a new link

https://mega.nz/file/J1kBQAaS#-JQvSgT17Ww-XzBKjmeEt7I2Ax7l-WCU3o-Rga36lMo

set back-end to directx and of course force 4:3 aspect ratio ..

bezel added and curvature enabled (hit home and disable it if u want to ) .. and just did a little stretching to make it look good ...and of course u can enable the crt effect if u want to .

oh and i set everything up on my 1080p display ... so not sure how it will look on higher or lower res ...

12 minutes ago, Simon Belmont said:

because Virtua Striker 4 is another mess here are the bindings : (work for VS4 & VS4 Ver.2006)

PAD.LEFT = TACTIC UP       A = DASH
PAD.UP = TACTIC MID        B = SHOOT
PAD.RIGHT = TACTIC DOWN    R = SHORT PASS
X = CREDITS                L = LONG PASS
START = START              Z = TEST
L.STICK.UP = L.STICK.RIGHT
L.STICK.DOWN = L.STICK.LEFT
L.STICK.RIGHT = L.STICK.DOWN
L.STICK.LEFT = L.STICK.UP

example : i want to accelerate with my Yellow buton, R.TRIG = ACCEL, i go to RT in controls, at RT i push my Yellow buton.

let me know if i did any mistake, peace les amis.

best way to find the inputs for any game is to go in test menu and test inputs ... click all the buttons to figure out the buttons used for this game ..write them down and create a new control profile for it and add it to the game ini .

Il y a 3 heures, mamefan2018 a dit :

best way to find the inputs for any game is to go in test menu and test inputs ... click all the buttons to figure out the buttons used for this game ..write them down and create a new control profile for it and add it to the game ini .

this is exactly what i'm doing, look it's copy pasta from the [I/0] TEST SERVICE. 

Le 26/01/2023 à 18:30, ViRuS-MaN a dit :

wait for :

GSDEAF - Smashing Drive (Disque 1, Révision 0)

apparently Smashing Drive isn't the Arcade version, it's running as GC game, 

go in controller setup, change the AM for a Standard Controller instead, the game have an error, but seems to run fine.

NO INSERT COIN !

hey, GRQE41 - City Racer (Disque 1, Révision 0) what's that ?

ha ok, found, apparently it's the same than SmashDrive, another GameCube game, here for reference :
https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/GRQE41
https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/GSDEAF

you can probably launch City Racer using the same technic that i explained above.

for info : i don't know how the GameCube iso is in mega but Smash Drive is just 161mo.

16 hours ago, Simon Belmont said:

stop the torture,

this afternoon, i dreamed again, with LAN on F-ZERO AX... even with gamepad... sweet :3 dream.

This game is just a GEM. Far more superior to the recent modern arcades. Graphics,sense of speed, physics. We can play this one all day and never get bored. Truely Old is Gold. They dont make such games anymore.

2 hours ago, CARPnadamas said:

hello..To be able to play with yukichan united, win all 5 games... there you will already have it unlocked in the "SP" teams. For fc sonic you have to win all 5 games playing with yukichan.

Hi,Thank you so much! Do you know if VS4 and 2006 have special teams?

looks like there r some ppl here interested in the special teams in VS 2002 ... I actually never knew they existed ...I didn't really play that game a lot ...

but here is the unlock patch for anyone interested in playing with the sonic team and the Yukichan United team (never heard of them before )

it's definitely a ridiculous thing to add to the game ..but i guess it fits the over the top nature of this game   .

Unlock Special Teams

024E2F73 00004142
004E2FA3 00000001
004E2F9E 00000002

here is an alternative version for anyone who doesn't want them to be unlocked by default ...and want to manually unlock them ..

Unlock Special Teams ALT

28423788 00001008
024E2F73 00004142
004E2FA3 00000001
004E2F9E 00000002
E0000000 80008000

in the team selection screen just press up and start at the same time and they should appear  ...

I didn't play a lot with those teams but everything seems to be working fine ..so hopefully it works fine with no problems :)

oh and since the import and jap versions r basically identical .. the patch works for both versions.

Modifié par mamefan2018

31 minutes ago, mamefan2018 said:

looks like there r some ppl here interested in the special teams in VS 2002 ... I actually never knew they existed ...I didn't really play that game a lot ...

but here is the unlock patch for anyone interested in playing with the sonic team and the Yukichan United team (never heard of them before )

it's definitely a ridiculous thing to add to the game ..but i guess it fits the over the top nature of this game   .

Unlock Special Teams

024E2F73 00004142
004E2FA3 00000001
004E2F9E 00000002

here is an alternative version for anyone who doesn't want them to be unlocked by default ...and want to manually unlock them ..

Unlock Special Teams ALT

28423788 00001008
024E2F73 00004142
004E2FA3 00000001
004E2F9E 00000002
E0000000 80008000

in the team selection screen just press up and start at the same time and they should appear  ...

I didn't play a lot with those teams but everything seems to be working fine ..so hopefully it works fine with no problems :)

oh and since the import and jap version r basically identical .. the patch works for both versions.

I had a hunch we'd see these pop up :)

I'll test them later.

No need to update to the newest binary either, it just adds some wheel related stuff for F-Zero, it could possibly break any working patches you have already and it really adds nothing to the user at this stage. So I would say stay on the one we have been using which we now have all of these patches for.

2 hours ago, Simon Belmont said:

is there patchnote my friend ?

The main thing is the steering updates for F-Zero forcefeedback. It's nothing that will change anything except the game now passes some forcefedback wheel data through to the triforce baseboard controller thing. Dev changed only really, but here's the full log. I think the patch was pushed just for the f-zero force feedback stuff.

I wouldn't update at this stage if you have everything running properly, unless you want to be the test pilot. Motor bypass patch no longer needed for F-Zero but now you wait for the motor test.

*Disabled game breaking false positive ___blank patch

*Added Version 2 status reply offsets
*Added Version 2 DIMM command ranges
*Updated some register reply values
*Rewrote some code
*Fixed code bug
*Removed unused NAMCAM code
*Changed code to only update DIIMM register on inquiry command
*Changed log level of various messages
*Removed unused code
*Rewrote motor command handling
*Added handling of multiple motor commands in one message
*Added missing a break
*Updated some URLs
*Removed checking for updates option
*Disabled autoupdate
*Removed unused F-Zero AX patches

So I just started installing this, didn't realize there was new triforce updates. When I run Mariokart 1 and 2 I just get a wheel error. Button inputs on my controller are working. I hit buttons and I hear the insert coin sound. I also can get into the test menu. What am I missing?

I have Loop fix enabled for both. Cheats are enabled. Panic handlers is off. Sp1 and Controllers set to ambase board. Using the 3/14 dolphin build.

Modifié par mjshl2

29 minutes ago, mjshl2 said:

So I just started installing this, didn't realize there was new triforce updates. When I run Mariokart 1 and 2 I just get a wheel error. Button inputs on my controller are working. I hit buttons and I hear the insert coin sound. I also can get into the test menu. What am I missing?

I have Loop fix enabled for both. Cheats are enabled. Panic handlers is off. Sp1 and Controllers set to ambase board. Using the 3/14 dolphin build.

just go to test mode and disable steering power

Il y a 9 heures, murray a dit :

The main thing is the steering updates for F-Zero forcefeedback. It's nothing that will change anything except the game now passes some forcefedback wheel data through to the triforce baseboard controller thing. Dev changed only really, but here's the full log. I think the patch was pushed just for the f-zero force feedback stuff.

I wouldn't update at this stage if you have everything running properly, unless you want to be the test pilot. Motor bypass patch no longer needed for F-Zero but now you wait for the motor test.

*Rewrote some code
*Fixed code bug
*Removed unused code
*Added missing a break
*Updated some URLs
*Disabled autoupdate

merci beaucoup,

as i have setup the GC/GX version with FFB (due to frustration cause FFB not working in AX).

i have good base comparaison, let's test it this afternoon. see you very soon.

4 minutes ago, Simon Belmont said:

merci beaucoup,

as i have setup the GC/GX version with FFB (due to frustration cause FFB not working in AX).

i have good base comparaison, let's test it this afternoon. see you very soon.

FFB will not work, it was some internal work done to be able to obtain the FFB values from the game within Dolphin, it's not going to do anything at this stage.

il y a une heure, murray a dit :

FFB will not work, it was some internal work done to be able to obtain the FFB values from the game within Dolphin, it's not going to do anything at this stage.

:/ ha ok, then i ll wait a bit more for beta testing FFB :3 . thanks amigo.

at least, it's great to see the team investigating in FFB infos,

the day FFB will fully work, it will be a GREAT & memorable day !

New version released:

https://crediar.dev/crediar/tools

I now cannot access the test menu from both Mario Kart games. Just a black screen when trying to get into them. Works fine in yesterday build.

Can anyone confirm MK test menus aren't working in latest build? (in case I'm doing something wrong).

Edit. Mario Kart GP 2 is somewhat broken on the latest build on a clean install. As cam isn't disabled by default, and you cannot access the test menu, you cannot disable it until the error shows up, so yeah, this is a regression 😞.

I don't remember if there's a patch to disable namcam? Can anyone post it? As it seems its needed again.

Modifié par GaussTek

Le 15/03/2023 à 19:22, GaussTek a dit :

New version released:

https://crediar.dev/crediar/tools

I now cannot access the test menu from both Mario Kart games. Just a black screen when trying to get into them. Works fine in yesterday build.

Can anyone confirm MK test menus aren't working in latest build? (in case I'm doing something wrong).

Edit. Mario Kart GP 2 is somewhat broken on the latest build on a clean install. As cam isn't disabled by default, and you cannot access the test menu, you cannot disable it until the error shows up, so yeah, this is a regression 😞.

I don't remember if there's a patch to disable namcam? Can anyone post it? As it seems its needed again.

roll back to the previous version.

this version is a Frankeinstein collecting some numbers for FFB (hoping implemented soon)

read this below, bro'. chuss

Le 15/03/2023 à 02:57, murray a dit :

*Rewrote some code
*Fixed code bug
*Removed unused code
*Added missing a break
*Updated some URLs
*Disabled autoupdate

A BIT OF TOPIC (F-Zero AX/GX Musics) this is concerning GX the GameCube game, not the AX, to not confuse people)

i patched the F-ZERO GX iso with F-ZERO X arrangements (not my mod),

never been a fan of this F-ZERO AX/GX Soundtrack, even as a VGM fan, i don't like these musics, neither the composers inside,

but what they composed for the F-ZERO AX/GX musics is heresy, F-ZERO X musics was far better than this common techno without charism.

i launched it, worked, now go to test deeper for stability, let me know if you want an upload

> Visuals https://gamebanana.com/mods/40468

> Soundtrack https://gamebanana.com/mods/40461

> Here a HD Texture Mod to use in Dolphin https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-f-zero-gx-hd-05-01-2022

/!\ THIS IS NOT NEW TRACKS, just Menu Visuals + F-ZERO X Musics Arrangements

who said F-Zero GX Tracks Editor ?! dammit, we all wished to that one day ! :3