Aller au contenu

[Emu] Dolphin v2407 Triforce : Branche Arcade (Namco / Sega / Nintendo / GC / Wii)

7zxkv

Messages recommandés

Am 27.2.2023 um 11:15 PM schrieb mamefan2018:

this gecko code works with japan rev D  ...and make sure u add it as a gecko code not a patch.

@mamefan2018: I´ve downloaded the VS 2006 ja Version Rev D but I still get the same error message when starting. I´ve added the geccko code 

040568D8 60000000

image.png.7f9acc48985dd014866f28dbc294b5bf.png

Il y a 1 heure, taktvoll69 a dit :

@mamefan2018: I´ve downloaded the VS 2006 ja Version Rev D but I still get the same error message when starting. I´ve added the geccko code 

040568D8 60000000

hello.. the gecko code is this:

bypass boot/network

040568D8 60000000

004B4828 00000000

remember to "enable cheats" in configuration..if that warning keeps appearing..you have to enter the test menu and enter update, press test right there, wait for it to complete and restart..there you should go correctly

2 hours ago, CARPnadamas said:

bypass boot/network

040568D8 60000000

004B4828 00000000

remember to "enable cheats" in configuration..if that warning keeps appearing..you have to enter the test menu and enter update, press test right there, wait for it to complete and restart..there you should go correctly

second gecko is not needed since test menu saves ... it just disables network  ...only the first one needed to bypass boot ..

4 hours ago, taktvoll69 said:

040568D8 60000000

just make sure it's enabled and like @CARPnadamas suggested try to go in test menu and update firm and just in-case u r using a wrong dump ... i got the one i'm using from here

https://archive.org/download/triforce-roms/Extracted Disc Images (Decrypted)/

vor 9 Stunden schrieb CARPnadamas:

bypass boot/network

040568D8 60000000

004B4828 00000000

@CARPnadamas @mamefan2018 Thank you very much, my mistake was that I didn´t activate to enable cheats in the settings. Now it works perfectly, thank you

Apologies' to the mods if this is in the wrong thread but it was mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread about this game, however this is a video of the actual game running on the original Japanese Wii based hardware on a modded 1up cabinet, there is a dump for Mame but it is not working on Mame obviously, is there any possible way this could be made to work on Dolphin with someone with more knowledge than me, although as I see it is on a PCB board, I appreciate that this might be Impossibe/Very difficult?

Edit: There is actually a wii version of this whether it is a direct port or not I am not sure but it is actually the same name as the arcade version rather than Tatsunoko vs. Capcom- Ultimate All-Stars which was released in both Japan and US/Europe.

Modifié par GingerJazz

58 minutes ago, GingerJazz said:

This is pretty cool running on a Wii arcade board, it was mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread but this is a video of the actual game running on the original Japanese Wii based hardware on a 1up cabinet, there is a dump for Mame but it is not working on Mame obviously, is there any possible way this could be made to work on Dolphin with someone with more knowledge than me, although as I see it is on a PCB board, I appreciate that this might be Impossibe/Very difficult?

yeah it was me i also was talking about this video as well and spoke or asked ppl in discord as well and it seems a lot of ppl want this game to happen for mame or dolphin emulator but the ppl that can probably help seems to not have a interest in this game and i noticed that with other games...if it isn't a certain genre or game that they like or wanna play they will dismiss it and that's sad hopefully someone or a few will help bring this game back alive so we can enjoy this game in our collection i'm sure most ppl (just like myself) didn't have a chance to play this arcade version .

Modifié par `kingston Ramsey

Indeed mate, it is a shame but hopefully if people try the wii version, they will realize just how good a game this actually is, I am really surprised there was not more interest in getting the arcade version going, it might be a bit of an obscure game to anyone who has not played it on the wii but in my opinion at least, it is right up there with the all time classics and would be a great addition to any collection, I know it is not quite the arcade version but the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom - Cross Generation of Heroes (Japan) is apparently almost identical and well worth a try while we wait for the arcade version to be made playable.

Modifié par GingerJazz

46 minutes ago, GingerJazz said:

Indeed mate, it is a shame but hopefully if people try the wii version, they will realize just how good a game this actually is, I am really surprised there was not more interest in getting the arcade version going, it might be a bit of an obscure game to anyone who has not played it on the wii but in my opinion at least, it is right up there with the all time classics and would be a great addition to any collection, I know it is not quite the arcade version but the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom - Cross Generation of Heroes (Japan) is apparently almost identical and well worth a try while we wait for the arcade version to be made playable.

very true buddy and if they like any marvel vs capcom game they should also feel right at home playing this game it plays pretty much the same way

so I spent the last couple of days trying to make the jap version of VS 2002 run on dolphin .. apparently the import version is the one that is always detected that is why all the game versions look the same ...

but it worked fine on a modded wii using Nintendont ... so something was wrong ...so i spent a lot of time trying to fix this issue and finally got it done and managed to boot the jap version ...

so for all the fans of this game that waited for a long time to see it boot on dolphin (specially @CARPnadamas  ) here is the gecko code to play the jap version

Force Japan Version

04054234 60000000

I only played a couple of games .. but i sure hope everything works fine ...cuz i really need to take a couple of days off without looking at assembly code lol

once the patch is activated the import and japan roms will boot the japan version (type 3 is not affected ) .... the reason this is happening is because the import and japan dumps r the same identical game ... they got the same files even with hex comparisons they r identical .. this is why it was really confusing and made no sense ..and that is probably why the emulator just booted the default version .. so I spent a lot of time just working on the dump .. extracting and analyzing it and when i found some files and code that proves that the jap version definitely exists in there .. i just had to find a way to force it through the code ...my guess is that the game is designed to detect the hardware and know which version to run .. which of course won't happen on the emulator ...or maybe it was a manual switch on the hardware ...

so the way to play both games is by setting up a portable version for the jap version .... or just using the type 3 rom instead of the import rom ..since they r both identical ... and of course  a patched version of the rom with a different id could be created but that is a messy solution  ...

UPDATE :   more great news for fans of virtua striker games .... i managed to run the jap version of VS4  .... i went to bed but my brain just kept running .. and thought maybe the reason the vs4 japan crashes is that dolphin forces the wrong mode on like it was doing with the 2002 version .. but since this is only jap and the roms r not identical to the import and asia versions  it just crashed after bypassing the boot ..cuz there was no other version on disc ...so i used the same method to track down the code that is responsible for checking versions and patched it and it worked ... of course i only played like 5 mins but it seems to be working fine .. so here r the codes for u guys to test it out and hopefully it will work with no problems ... it need the fix for crashes code + bypass boot code to run

bypass boot (VS4 Japan)

0405214c 60000000

Fix crashes

0403b5d8 60000000

the patches work on both rev C and E  ... so now every single VS dump is working on dolphin  :)     ...and looks like i wasted a lot of time on the patched jap version and it will just go to the trash lol .. but i guess it was a learning experience .. how to extract and modify gamecube files .. i needed so many tools and dolphin is really picky with minor changes any patched game would crash ... ok now it's bedtime for me  ✌️

Modifié par mamefan2018

8 hours ago, mamefan2018 said:

so I spent the last couple of days trying to make the jap version of VS 2002 run on dolphin .. apparently the import version is the one that is always detected that is why all the game versions look the same ...

but it worked fine on a modded wii using Nintendont ... so something was wrong ...so i spent a lot of time trying to fix this issue and finally got it done and managed to boot the jap version ...

so for all the fans of this game that waited for a long time to see it boot on dolphin (specially @CARPnadamas  ) here is the gecko code to play the jap version

Force Japan Version

04054234 60000000

I only played a couple of games .. but i sure hope everything works fine ...cuz i really need to take a couple of days off without looking at assembly code lol

once the patch is activated the import and japan roms will boot the japan version (type 3 is not affected ) .... the reason this is happening is because the import and japan dumps r the same identical game ... they got the same files even with hex comparisons they r identical .. this is why it was really confusing and made no sense ..and that is probably why the emulator just booted the default version .. so I spent a lot of time just working on the dump .. extracting and analyzing it and when i found some files and code that proves that the jap version definitely exists in there .. i just had to find a way to force it through the code ...my guess is that the game is designed to detect the hardware and know which version to run .. which of course won't happen on the emulator ...or maybe it was a manual switch on the hardware ...

so the way to play both games is by setting up a portable version for the jap version .... or just using the type 3 rom instead of the import rom ..since they r both identical ... and of course  a patched version of the rom with a different id could be created but that is a messy solution  ...

UPDATE :   more great news for fans of virtua striker games .... i managed to run the jap version of VS4  .... i went to bed but my brain just kept running .. and thought maybe the reason the vs4 japan crashes is that dolphin forces the wrong mode on like it was doing with the 2002 version .. but since this is only jap and the roms r not identical to the import and asia versions  it just crashed after bypassing the boot ..cuz there was no other version on disc ...so i used the same method to track down the code that is responsible for checking versions and patched it and it worked ... of course i only played like 5 mins but it seems to be working fine .. so here r the codes for u guys to test it out and hopefully it will work with no problems ... it need the fix for crashes code + bypass boot code to run

bypass boot (VS4 Japan)

0405214c 60000000

Fix crashes

0403b5d8 60000000

the patches work on both rev C and E  ... so now every single VS dump is working on dolphin  :)     ...and looks like i wasted a lot of time on the patched jap version and it will just go to the trash lol .. but i guess it was a learning experience .. how to extract and modify gamecube files .. i needed so many tools and dolphin is really picky with minor changes any patched game would crash ... ok now it's bedtime for me  ✌️

Crazy what you're doing mate! That brain needs to rest. Thank you that you have solved everything! thank you so much.

1 hour ago, PolybiusExtreme said:

How to convert the mame chds to isos?

Nevermind..

I used TriIsoExtract

If you need any game, here I leave you

https://archive.org/download/triforce-roms/Extracted Disc Images (Decrypted)/

9 hours ago, mamefan2018 said:

Force Japan Version

04054234 60000000

bypass boot (VS4 Japan)

0405214c 60000000

Fix crashes

0403b5d8 60000000

Hello. I tried everything quickly and it works perfectly. I'll try it later with more time! I leave this that maybe it will help someone ... I hope it is not confusing ... ask me anything

to use the 2 versions of vs2002 in dolphin use the japanese or export vs2002 and patch it with the code to make it japanese, start the game and close it. Add the .iso vs2002 type 3 version and dolphin will run it as expo (since the .bin save files are already created). So we will have the 2 versions without the need to make a portable version

note: the type 3 version of vs2002 obviously shares "SBEY" information with the previous ones and the patched gecko code is automatically detected.. but when executed it will not be Japanese since yes or yes to make it Japanese you need to DELETE and create the SBEY files .bin from scratch. This differentiates it from the other 2 versions since when you enter version gecko they already run from one.

4 hours ago, CARPnadamas said:

Hello. I tried everything quickly and it works perfectly. I'll try it later with more time! I leave this that maybe it will help someone ... I hope it is not confusing ... ask me anything

to use the 2 versions of vs2002 in dolphin use the japanese or export vs2002 and patch it with the code to make it japanese, start the game and close it. Add the .iso vs2002 type 3 version and dolphin will run it as expo (since the .bin save files are already created). So we will have the 2 versions without the need to make a portable version

note: the type 3 version of vs2002 obviously shares "SBEY" information with the previous ones and the patched gecko code is automatically detected.. but when executed it will not be Japanese since yes or yes to make it Japanese you need to DELETE and create the SBEY files .bin from scratch. This differentiates it from the other 2 versions since when you enter version gecko they already run from one.

I would say to just use a portable version... it is much much easier. You also get teh added benefit that once something works, it generally stays working and isn't effected by any screwing around you do.

8 hours ago, CARPnadamas said:

Crazy what you're doing mate! That brain needs to rest. Thank you that you have solved everything! thank you so much.

If you need any game, here I leave you

I'm glad that my small contribution helped make those old classic arcade games playable and made some ppl happy  👍

6 hours ago, CARPnadamas said:

2 hours ago, murray said:

I would say to just use a portable version... it is much much easier. You also get teh added benefit that once something works, it generally stays working and isn't effected by any screwing around you do.

yep i stated both solutions to make it possible to play both versions .. and yep the type 3 version is not affected because it's not identical to the other dumps ...if i remember correctly it has a newer loader for the disc ...

for me i might just patch the japan version with the force japan patch .. at least that will make them different ... and the actually handled it on Nintendont in a similar way ..FIX94 the author for the loader made a small patching app to patch all the bin files to have unique headers so that they can appear as different versions. ..if anyone is interested in a patched disc i could quickly patch the dol file and upload it.

and i'm really happy that both games work fine with no problems at all ... it was really tricky to get them working and it was driving me insane to the point i spent hours checking the Nintendont source code to c how the game is handled lol ... turns out they didn't do anything special cuz apparently the real hardware helped make them boot properly once setting the right region ...but it was interesting looking at the source code .. it had some useful info in general .

oh and here is a bonus patch that i think i didn't post before ... widescreen patch for f-zero rev E 

044461B4 3FE40000

although i'm not a fan of widescreen patches .. i prefer original aspect ratios ..the way the games r designed ... and most of these patches break a lot of stuff that is why a lot of widescreen patches r really long because they r trying to fix all the things that went wrong .... but this one for f-zero is a proper widescreen patch .. it's not a hack , the GX version has a widescreen mode it's just they didn't add that option to the aracde cab .. so it's like hidden option that this patch switches on ... and all that needs to be done is set the aspect ratio to auto and the game looks great .

52 minutes ago, mamefan2018 said:

oh and here is a bonus patch that i think i didn't post before ... widescreen patch for f-zero rev E 

044461B4 3FE40000

although i'm not a fan of widescreen patches .. i prefer original aspect ratios ..the way the games r designed ... and most of these patches break a lot of stuff that is why a lot of widescreen patches r really long because they r trying to fix all the things that went wrong .... but this one for f-zero is a proper widescreen patch .. it's not a hack , the GX version has a widescreen mode it's just they didn't add that option to the aracde cab .. so it's like hidden option that this patch switches on ... and all that needs to be done is set the aspect ratio to auto and the game looks great .

Thanks for all your help and work on getting these issue worked on with Trifroce. And of course thanks to Crediar for his work.

I tried the F-zero widescreen patch and it does widescreen the game, but it still stretches the UI elements with this patch. There's a rough idea with both widescreen and standard res overlayed with opacity so you can basically see them atop each other. 49 is the timer from standard res and 65 is the timer from widescreen, you can clearly see it's stretched the elements. 

Same with the portraits, you can see they get stretched. I prefer standard res :) Unless i did something wrong? I had it set to auto for res, tested with 16:9 as well just to see if it made a difference which it didn't. It's not a big deal, i quite like the games original res. 

image.png.2a19b74037f2bbe88b2c75deadd80aef.png

vor 20 Stunden schrieb mamefan2018:

Force Japan Version

04054234 60000000

bypass boot (VS4 Japan)

0405214c 60000000

Fix crashes

0403b5d8 60000000

@mamefan2018 great job thank you 

16 hours ago, CARPnadamas said:

anymore Virtua Striker of this?

0.gif?kind=track_js&track_js_case=contro

0.gif?kind=track_js&track_js_case=contro

8 hours ago, mamefan2018 said:

I'm glad that my small contribution helped make those old classic arcade games playable and made some ppl happy  👍

yep i stated both solutions to make it possible to play both versions .. and yep the type 3 version is not affected because it's not identical to the other dumps ...if i remember correctly it has a newer loader for the disc ...

for me i might just patch the japan version with the force japan patch .. at least that will make them different ... and the actually handled it on Nintendont in a similar way ..FIX94 the author for the loader made a small patching app to patch all the bin files to have unique headers so that they can appear as different versions. ..if anyone is interested in a patched disc i could quickly patch the dol file and upload it.

and i'm really happy that both games work fine with no problems at all ... it was really tricky to get them working and it was driving me insane to the point i spent hours checking the Nintendont source code to c how the game is handled lol ... turns out they didn't do anything special cuz apparently the real hardware helped make them boot properly once setting the right region ...but it was interesting looking at the source code .. it had some useful info in general .

044461B4 3FE40000

Game of make port??

Some games that must be made portable are:

Virtua Striker 3 (Japan)
Mario Kart GP 1 or 2???????

@murray

nope u didn't do anything wrong .. the ui elements r stretched and some of the selection screens show up in a 4:3 ratio (the 4:3 ratio thing happens in the GX version) ...it's a 20 year old game and I guess the widescreen thing in 2003 was in an experimental phase at this point ...they knew that not a lot of ppl will use it ...so it was not perfect and very few games had that option .. and with the arcade version the option was just hidden in the code and there is actually more gx stuff in the code .. like how there was a lot of ax code in the gx version (this is how we ended up with the ax patches for the gx version ) ... but yea it's a minor thing and the patch doesn't break the game and it looks and plays fine ...and I totally agree with u , I prefer the games in the original res /aspect ratio .. it's just a code for widescreen fans instead of using the built in hack witch messes up the selection screens or using a forced or stretched aspect ratio .

@taktvoll69 @CARPnadamas @Guisado88 

here is a patched VS 2002 (japan)  version ... I guess that solves the issue for anyone who prefers running in one dolphin setup and they don't want to create another portable one.

https://mega.nz/file/ohEngQxT#wbdIIZI9PM_myuJ54jHN-ph-7uq1PaCotjfeROFSNDY

I guess that will make the life easier for a lot of people :)

and here are mario kart patches to make the cards work for an unlimited plays ..they will never expire .

Mario Kart GP unlimited card

041F5C44 60000000

Mario Kart GP 2 unlimited card

040A02F8 60000000

Mario Kart GP 2 Jap unlimited card

040A0910 60000000

2 hours ago, mamefan2018 said:

and here are mario kart patches to make the cards work for an unlimited plays ..they will never expire .

Mario Kart GP unlimited card

041F5C44 60000000

Mario Kart GP 2 unlimited card

040A02F8 60000000

Mario Kart GP 2 Jap unlimited card

040A0910 60000000

Many thanks!! I really really wanted this! I don't think anyone actually brought this up, but having your card expire after 50 plays is not fun in a home setting.

💯💯💯💯

I just tested the no card expiry patches. It seemed to work by locking the number of card uses at it's current limit, for example my card life is 47 games reaiming and it's now locked at that. Just for anyone else that's wondering.

Tested all 3 and they all work. The game effectively hanging on the remove card screen is the same for everyone else right? If you don't continue, you need to restart the emu to get back to the game because it won't progress past the remove card screen? It saves correctly, just doesn't have any method to send the emulator the "card removed" trigger. Or did i miss a patch for that?

2 hours ago, murray said:

Many thanks!! I really really wanted this! I don't think anyone actually brought this up, but having your card expire after 50 plays is not fun in a home setting.

💯💯💯💯

yea,same here .. I was surprised no one brought it up ... since this game really relies on the card to save progress and unlock stuff unlike f-zero for example that just uses the card to keep score , the game works perfectly fine without it because u can play any track ...but the mario games work like the new dx game  ... progress is saved .

I guess they thought that 50 games is more than enough in the arcades ..although it would still suck to unlock everything then the card expires and u lose all progress ..

1 hour ago, murray said:

I just tested the no card expiry patches. It seemed to work by locking the number of card uses at it's current limit, for example my card life is 47 games reaiming and it's now locked at that. Just for anyone else that's wondering.

Tested all 3 and they all work. The game effectively hanging on the remove card screen is the same for everyone else right? If you don't continue, you need to restart the emu to get back to the game because it won't progress past the remove card screen? It saves correctly, just doesn't have any method to send the emulator the "card removed" trigger. Or did i miss a patch for that?

yep the patch simply kills the code that subtracts 1 play after the end of a session ...and i'm glad that it works fine :)  

and yep the game is stuck on remove card/save because there is no insert and eject card button ...and that is why once u add a coin the game detects the card right away.

Modifié par mamefan2018

If that's the only issue we have to deal with across those triforce mario games, we should all be very happy. Once you're playing you generally just keep continuing until you finish anyways. Expiring cards probably just meant more operator $$.

Am 5.3.2023 um 10:30 AM schrieb taktvoll69:

bypass boot (VS4 Japan)

0405214c 60000000

Fix crashes

0403b5d8 60000000

@mamefan2018: Virtua Striker 4 Rev. A and Virtua Striker 4 Vers. 2006 Rev. B run perfect. I´ve problems with Virtua Striker 4 (Asia) and Virtua Striker 4, Rev. B. I´ve added both codes but both games didn´t start. 

@mamefan2018 @CARPnadamas

since 2 days my game pad controls for Virtua Striker 2002 don´t work correctly. I mean the D-Pad configuration. Up, left and right changed and down dosn´t work

Any idea?    

9 hours ago, taktvoll69 said:

@mamefan2018: Virtua Striker 4 Rev. A and Virtua Striker 4 Vers. 2006 Rev. B run perfect. I´ve problems with Virtua Striker 4 (Asia) and Virtua Striker 4, Rev. B. I´ve added both codes but both games didn´t start. 

@mamefan2018 @CARPnadamas

since 2 days my game pad controls for Virtua Striker 2002 don´t work correctly. I mean the D-Pad configuration. Up, left and right changed and down dosn´t work

Any idea?    

Hello... I recommend that you use the latest version of dolphin... it's from February 10th. You won't have control problems anymore and as for the games, several changes have also been added

https://crediar.dev/crediar/tools/-/tree/main/dolphin

On 7/3/2023 at 12:26, lezzi87 said:

@mamefan2018Hi, do you know if F.C. Sonic team is playable in this 2002 Version on Triforce? If yes, there a way to unlock it through Gecko Code? Thanks. 

I only found a cheat code for VS3 on Naomi

Hide contents

it's included in this version too?

Hello.. yes there is fc sonic, also yukichan inited.. there is no fc sega for virtua striker 2002.

Modifié par CARPnadamas

I'm late in this topic but really surprised with this new version from Crediar. I dug into all the pages of this thread and now I have all the games working in my Hyperspin/Rocketlauncher.

I wanted to really thank to @mamefan2018 and @hippopippo the constant updated info.

Let me collaborate by dropping here the Hyperspin theme I had to make for Gekitou Pro Yakyuu Mizushima Shinji All Stars vs. Pro Yakyuu (Rev C)

Database entry:

<game name="Gekitou Pro Yakyuu Mizushima Shinji All Stars vs. Pro Yakyuu (Rev C)" index="" image="">
        <description>Gekitou Pro Yakyuu Mizushima Shinji All Stars vs. Pro Yakyuu (Rev C)</description>
        <cloneof></cloneof>
        <crc></crc>
        <manufacturer>Sega / WOW Entertainment</manufacturer>
        <year>2003</year>
        <genre>Sports</genre>
        <rating>AAMA - Green (Suitable For All Ages)</rating>
        <enabled>Yes</enabled>
    </game>    

Gekitou Pro Yakyuu Mizushima Shinji All Stars vs. Pro Yakyuu (Rev C).zip

image.png.eb4e2da27730353c0c092cff0ae72a91.png

Thanks again