Aller au contenu

[Emu] Dolphin v2407 Triforce : Branche Arcade (Namco / Sega / Nintendo / GC / Wii)

7zxkv

Messages recommandés

17 minutes ago, CARPnadamas said:

Hi, thanks for answering. I have already solved the textures.

As for vs2002 japan version loads the japanese version? (it's the same game but japanese letters and it changes the ball to the korea-japan 2002 fevernova) because the japanese iso doesn't load it... it always loads the export version even if you have the japanese iso... thanks!

glad that u solved the textures issue

the vs2002 japan seems like the vs4 asia version .. same exact game but different regions ... and i had only this one added in dolphin when i was testing so there is no other isos to load  ... maybe i don't have the right dump ... because we got other games working with jap language ... check the mario kart db 2 japan patches i made ... and check the gecko code i just posted for vs2006 japan rev d ... both games work and the language is Japanese .. mario kart even has a jap announcer .

hace 14 minutos, mamefan2018 dijo:

glad that u solved the textures issue

the vs2002 japan seems like the vs4 asia version .. same exact game but different regions ... and i had only this one added in dolphin when i was testing so there is no other isos to load  ... maybe i don't have the right dump ... because we got other games working with jap language ... check the mario kart db 2 japan patches i made ... and check the gecko code i just posted for vs2006 japan rev d ... both games work and the language is Japanese .. mario kart even has a jap announcer .

I put the gecko code... but I can't advance in the game... it gets stuck in the menu asking to update from the test menu... I enter the update test and it tells me correct, to restart... restart and again the same warning that I have to update .. not go from there.

As for vs2002 japan, the japanese game has its language in the game and the korea-japan 2002 ball instead of the umbro... it is seen that in dolphin it is not added, therefore it will always load the export version.

17 minutes ago, CARPnadamas said:

I put the gecko code... but I can't advance in the game... it gets stuck in the menu asking to update from the test menu... I enter the update test and it tells me correct, to restart... restart and again the same warning that I have to update .. not go from there.

As for vs2002 japan, the japanese game has its language in the game and the korea-japan 2002 ball instead of the umbro... it is seen that in dolphin it is not added, therefore it will always load the export version.

you sure you are using the correct version ... because patches only apply for specific versions ... that is why f-zero has different patches to bypass the motor setup

the one i downloaded and patched is from here

https://archive.org/download/triforce-roms/Extracted Disc Images (Decrypted)/

Virtua Striker 4 Ver.2006 (Japan, Rev D).BIN

i renamed to iso and worked on it

add the gecko code and make sure it's enabled .

as for vs2002 japan .. i really don't know whats going on with it ... maybe i just have the wrong dump ... and i don't have the export version added to dolphin it was only the japan version ... so it's definitely loading the japan iso file .

other games with jap language work fine ... and i see no options to change language in test menu ...

Modifié par mamefan2018

9 minutes ago, CARPnadamas said:

Everything working..ty

excellent ! glad that it's working for u .. so is there any missing VS versions  ..or we got them all running?

oh and here is a gecko code for vs4 asia ...using the file that i posted earlier works fine ..but i guess a gecko code could be easier to deal with in the future

bypass boot (VS4 Asia Rev B )

04052d1c 2C030001

Modifié par mamefan2018

hace 1 hora, mamefan2018 dijo:

excellent ! glad that it's working for u .. so is there any missing VS versions  ..or we got them all running?

the 2 versions of vs4 (asia) both the common one and rev B work fine with the .bin file added in the previous post.

v2006 japan rev d works correctly with geckos..

The Japanese vs4 version would just be missing... it gave an error in the test menu when updating (red screen) (the game changes with respect to Asia and Expo... both in Japanese and the ball of the atenas 2004 Adidas pelias)

and the 2002 Japanese version that is not added because of what the emulator looks like (the export always starts)

Modifié par CARPnadamas

6 minutes ago, CARPnadamas said:

the 2 versions of vs4 (asia) both the common one and rev B work fine with the .bin file added in the previous post.

v2006 japan rev d works correctly with geckos..

The Japanese vs4 version would just be missing... it gave an error in the test menu when updating (red screen) (the game changes with respect to Asia and Expo... both in Japanese and the ball of the Euro 2005 Adidas Roteiro)

and the 2002 Japanese version that is not added because of what the emulator looks like (the export always starts)

excellent and u can use the gecko code I just posted as an alternative method to run vs4 asia rev b

oh there is a vs4 japan version..i didn't find it in the triforce dumps i have bookmarked ... i need to look for the rom to try and patch it and get it to boot..

Modifié par mamefan2018

hace 8 minutos, mamefan2018 dijo:

excellent and u can use the gecko code I just posted as an alternative method to run vs4 asia rev b

oh there is a vs4 japan version..i didn't find it in the triforce dumps i have bookmarked ... i need to look for the rom to try and patch it and get it to boot..

If I saw that there is none in the link of the files... I have one of the latest versions of mame that I pass from chd to .iso.

I forgot about a report on vs4 asia...it was that the "dash" key is missing for the player to run.

Modifié par CARPnadamas

36 minutes ago, CARPnadamas said:

If I saw that there is none in the link of the files... I have one of the latest versions of mame that I pass from chd to .iso.

I forgot about a report on vs4 asia...it was that the "dash" key is missing for the player to run.

ohh .. yea after a search i found that there is a japan version but not in the archive folders i have bookmarked .. i found one but it turned out to be a bad dump ..

i guess i have to dig up the chd from a mame set and convert it ... is it  gdt-0013e.chd?

and yea i just tested the asia version and yep apparently dash doesn't work .. the controls r not like the rest of the VS games ..it needs an input fix in the main dolphin build ...but i guess it's not a big deal since the asia versions r identical to the export versions.

Modifié par mamefan2018

hace 9 minutos, mamefan2018 dijo:

ohh .. yea after a search i found that there is a japan version but not in the archive folders i have bookmarked .. i found one but it turned out to be a bad dump ..

i guess i have to dig up the chd from a mame set and convert it ... is it  gdt-0013e.chd?

yes..virtua striker 4 (Japan, Rev E) GDT-0013E

5 hours ago, CARPnadamas said:

so i found the chds for japan rev e and c ... converted them to iso

they are the only VS games that give a red error screen when trying to update ..and they have "update network firm "unlike the rest with update boot program.

and i patched the game to bypass boot ...and it started but froze before attract mode with a black screen ...and froze when i tried to quickly select teams and play a game ..and i even tried it on the brodostar ver ..it still freezes .

first i thought they might be bad dumps .. which is a probability ..after all they are the only ones i got from chd and I didn't find them in any known proper working triforce collections (that is why i didn't have them and didn't even know there was a japan version for vs4) ... but it could be a firmware compatibility issue or maybe dumps from a network setup not standalone  .. are there any known working versions of these games even using Nintendont .

hace 6 horas, mamefan2018 dijo:

and yea i just tested the asia version and yep apparently dash doesn't work .. the controls r not like the rest of the VS games ..it needs an input fix in the main dolphin build ...but i guess it's not a big deal since the asia versions r identical to the export versions.

Asian version visrtua striker not exist in emulator Sprint button :S i try all :S and nothing button

and Gekito.... (Ver .B)  dont boot same problem or had (Ver C)

Modifié par Guisado88

51 minutes ago, Guisado88 said:

Where you found i dont see in any site

yep i didn't find the game in any clean known as working triforce roms ... only place i found it was the chd versions from mame ... and as i explained in my post above after converting and patching them they freeze before the match begins ..

so we need dumps that r known to be working (on wii or wiiu using Nintendont for example ) .. so at least we know they work ..and not spend too much time on a bad dump  .

28 minutes ago, Guisado88 said:

Asian version visrtua striker not exist in emulator Sprint button :S i try all :S and nothing button

and Gekito.... (Ver .B)  dont boot same problem or had (Ver C)

yep the sprint/dash button is not working for the asia version ... it needs a fix in the dolphin build .. seems like it uses a different control setup than the rest of the VS games ...

but it's fine .. the asia versions r identical to the export versions .. just different id  ..

as for gekito .. yep i only downloaded (ver C) ... and worked on it to patch it  ... so if ver b is not identical with the code it will not work ... for example there is 3 patches for the motor setup for f-zero ..because the versions are not identical.

maybe in the future i could look into ( ver b )and port the patch ... but it's just the same game .. i went for the most recent ver .

hace 3 horas, mamefan2018 dijo:

yep i didn't find the game in any clean known as working triforce roms ... only place i found it was the chd versions from mame ... and as i explained in my post above after converting and patching them they freeze before the match begins ..

so we need dumps that r known to be working (on wii or wiiu using Nintendont for example ) .. so at least we know they work ..and not spend too much time on a bad dump  .

yep the sprint/dash button is not working for the asia version ... it needs a fix in the dolphin build .. seems like it uses a different control setup than the rest of the VS games ...

but it's fine .. the asia versions r identical to the export versions .. just different id  ..

as for gekito .. yep i only downloaded (ver C) ... and worked on it to patch it  ... so if ver b is not identical with the code it will not work ... for example there is 3 patches for the motor setup for f-zero ..because the versions are not identical.

maybe in the future i could look into ( ver b )and port the patch ... but it's just the same game .. i went for the most recent ver .

okay thanks for your hardwork, yes Asian version have all buttons only miss sprint Button

i think exist that tow games for triforce too but is imposibe found

GRQE41 - City Racer (Disque 1, Révision 0)

GSDEAF - Smashing Drive (Disque 1, Révision 0)

you know any? Thanks

En 26/1/2023 a las 18:30, ViRuS-MaN dijo:

Thank You now i have 4 games working:

GGPE01 - Mario Kart Gp1

GGPE02 - Mario Kart Gp2 

GFZJ8P - F-Zero AX

GVSJ8P - Virtua Striker 4

GVS46E - Virtua Striker 4 Ver.2006 [Export]

wait for :

GMYJ8P - Gekitoh ProBaseball (Disque 1, Révision 0)

GRQE41 - City Racer (Disque 1, Révision 0)

GSDEAF - Smashing Drive (Disque 1, Révision 0)

You know any for that versions? thanks

they are the only VS games that give a red error screen when trying to update ..and they have "update network firm "unlike the rest with update boot program.

and i patched the game to bypass boot ...and it started but froze before attract mode with a black screen ...and froze when i tried to quickly select teams and play a game ..and i even tried it on the brodostar ver ..it still freezes .

first i thought they might be bad dumps .. which is a probability ..after all they are the only ones i got from chd and I didn't find them in any known proper working triforce collections (that is why i didn't have them and didn't even know there was a japan version for vs4) ... but it could be a firmware compatibility issue or maybe dumps from a network setup not standalone  .. are there any known working versions of these games even using Nintendont .

I have another iso of the Japanese version of vs4..that can help you..I used it on nintendont with the wii that is different from the recent version of mame..what site can I upload it to so you can try it??

hace 6 horas, Guisado88 dijo:

Where you found i dont see in any site

you have to download the chd of mame..and convert it to iso.

Here I leave vs4 japan functional on nintendont.

https://gofile.io/d/HTg7wr

44 minutes ago, murray said:

Todays build fixed the unkown game ID for the baseball game!

https://crediar.dev/crediar/tools/-/tree/main/dolphin

I was just going to post the latest build .. i was testing it in the past 40 mins

and yea it seems like the baseball game now loads with no need for the patch ...and glad that fixed the unknown game id issue you had  ..

most likely we just had different roms ...

and it seems like the mario kart games r still suffering from slowdowns ..the test mode patches i posted r needed to make them work properly on new builds.

and looks like Crediar added the the mario kart 2 patch for the JP version .... maybe he is following this topic, if so great job dude! 👍 and welcome back to the scene .

Modifié par mamefan2018

3 minutes ago, mamefan2018 said:

I was just going to post the latest build .. i was testing it in the past 40 mins

and yea it seems like the baseball game now loads with no need for the patch ...and glad that fix the unknown game id issue you had  ..

most likely we just had different roms ...

and it seems like the mario kart games r still suffering from slowdowns ..the test mode patches i posted r needed to make them work properly on new builds.

I just realised this on MK1, i was testing to see if the patches were needed anymore and MK1 at least still has the slowdown after you start a race. I tested for 2 races in game with your patches and they still fix the slowdown issue and don't seem to cause any other issues. So Mk1 with your gecko patch is still the way to go if anyone is wondering.

13 minutes ago, murray said:

I just realised this on MK1, i was testing to see if the patches were needed anymore and MK1 at least still has the slowdown after you start a race. I tested for 2 races in game with your patches and they still fix the slowdown issue and don't seem to cause any other issues. So Mk1 with your gecko patch is still the way to go if anyone is wondering.

i tested GP2 US and jap versions and still getting slowdowns ... so yea the test mode/seat loops patches are still needed on newer builds ... they worked fine on the first build from 2 weeks ago with no slowdowns ...but i guess it's not a big deal since we can play them with no problems on older build or using patches for now .

Modifié par mamefan2018

Gekitou Pro Yakyuu Mizushima Shinji All Stars vs. Pro Yakyuu (Rev C) no longer requires any patches to run with 10/2/2023 version.

Are you able to test your version to see if the Gekitou button works? I've mapped all the controls but when i goto the test menu, it seems there is a button that doesn't get mapped "Gekitou" which translates to "Fierce Fighting"... am i missing something with this game? Can you fight?

9 minutes ago, murray said:

Gekitou Pro Yakyuu Mizushima Shinji All Stars vs. Pro Yakyuu (Rev C) no longer requires any patches to run with 10/2/2023 version.

Are you able to test your version to see if the Gekitou button works? I've mapped all the controls but when i goto the test menu, it seems there is a button that doesn't get mapped "Gekitou" which translates to "Fierce Fighting"... am i missing something with this game? Can you fight?

yep no patch needed anymore ...it took me a long time to get this game running and make the patch but i'm glad that it's running with no patches at all .. the less patches needed to run games the more accurate the emulator is.

and it was a fun experience with Assembly code and tracking memory addresses :)

and yep all buttons work fine for me .. best way to find the buttons is go to test mode and do an input test.

So, noticed this from the changelog from latest build:

*Remove some unused patches for MKGP2

Now with the default build patches (enabled), MKAGP2 doesn't boot anymore, it gets stuck in the camera check, so IT'S REQUIRED to use the patches posted here (worked fine on the first builds). Even then with the additional patches enabled, there's now a wait on the camera screen (like 10 seconds so no big deal).

So it seems we get a step forward an another backward with each build 😞

It would be cool to pin the patches or something like that so doesn't get lost in the thread, as was having a hard time finding them on previous pages :c

Also, Virtua Striker 4 Ver.2006 controls are still inverted e.e

SBNL_2023-02-10_19-54-55.png

SBNL_2023-02-10_19-55-43.png

Modifié par GaussTek

15 minutes ago, mamefan2018 said:

yep no patch needed anymore ...it took me a long time to get this game running and make the patch but i'm glad that it's running with no patches at all .. the less patches needed to run games the more accurate the emulator is.

and it was a fun experience with Assembly code and tracking memory addresses :)

and yep all buttons work fine for me .. best way to find the buttons is go to test mode and do an input test.

I see, it's one of the L+R buttons. I didn't have it mapped to controller.  Thanks for confirming and thanks again for all your other work, even though some of the patches are no longer needed, still appreciated to get things where they are and playable.

Need help with F-Zero and the card

For some reason mine didn't save - everytime I close Dolphin and open it again to play later, I have to make a new card. Only if I keep Dolphin opened I can use the same card

33 minutes ago, GaussTek said:

So, noticed this from the changelog from latest build:

*Remove some unused patches for MKGP2

Now with the default build patches (enabled), MKAGP2 doesn't boot anymore, it gets stuck in the camera check, so IT'S REQUIRED to use the patches posted here (worked fine on the first builds). Even then with the additional patches enabled, there's now a wait on the camera screen (like 10 seconds so no big deal).

So it seems we get a step forward an another backward with each build 😞

It would be cool to pin the patches or something like that so doesn't get lost in the thread, as was having a hard time finding them on previous pages :c

Also, Virtua Striker 4 Ver.2006 controls are still inverted e.e

SBNL_2023-02-10_19-54-55.png

SBNL_2023-02-10_19-55-43.png

Go into the test menu and disable the camera. It will get you past this.

3 minutes ago, ZX3000GT1 said:

For some reason mine didn't save - everytime I close Dolphin and open it again to play later, I have to make a new card. Only if I keep Dolphin opened I can use the same card

Known issue, workaround is posted here

29 minutes ago, murray said:

I see, it's one of the L+R buttons. I didn't have it mapped to controller.  Thanks for confirming and thanks again for all your other work, even though some of the patches are no longer needed, still appreciated to get things where they are and playable.

np dude and yea it's the left trigger ... checking inputs in any game is the easiest way to find inputs and check that all controls are working fine ...

and i'm glad that my patches helped ppl boot games and fix various issues ... and i guess that day that every game runs without any patches needed is a good day because that means we have perfect triforce emulation.

9 minutes ago, ZX3000GT1 said:

i posted a fix to this issue , u should really check the thread in the past few days you will find a lot of info to help u run most games...

the fix is really simple .. just set the file tribackup_SBGG.bin in user/triforce to read only .... and if u need to set any game options  u will find some patches i made for f-zero rev E.

On 2/4/2023 at 10:53 AM, mamefan2018 said:

glad that it works fine :)

so ,I was going through my triforce roms yesterday and I found that I have the Japanese version of mario kart gp2 ..it never worked because the patches for the US version don't work with it ..and I didn't find any patches for it online ..

so ,I was like I can work on it and try to get it to boot ...so I spent a lot of time yesterday but I was still missing something ...went to bed, woke up and spent more time and finally found the last missing part of the puzzle and patched the last address ..problem is a couple of patches needed to follow assembly code ..and I'm not really good at that..so I was really struggling with it .

I'm not really sure if it was worth it lol ..I spent way too much time on it .. I didn't play it too much but I didn't notice any extra content in this version ..but it has a Japanese announcer  and I only found one (5 min) vid for it online running on a wii with Nintendont ..so i guess it never ran before on dolphin .. so,I guess that it something .

here is the code for anyone interested in the JAP version of GP2

[OnFrame]
$Mario Kart GP 2 (japan ver patches)
0x80598A85:byte:0x00000000
0x800741F0:dword:0x98000025
0x80598A86:byte:0x00000001
0x80598A87:byte:0x00000000
0x80598A81:byte:0x00000001
0x80598A82:byte:0x00000000
0x8002EA28:dword:0x60000000
0x8002EA34:dword:0x41820158

since it is recognized as a variant for the game ,it shares the same ini with the US version ...so, simply add the extra code in the user config ini for the game and enable it to run the jap version .. having the patches for the us and jap versions enabled didn't cause any problems ..but i didn't play the game for too long   ...and as expected the card created by the US version won't work on the JAP version ..so if you have a card just rename the card file and create one with this version to work ..

I guess the optimal way to run it is to have a separate portable version for dolphin ..so there won't be a need to keep renaming the card created or using the patches for both games at the same time ..

With the 10/2/2023 version of Dolphin, this will error on the Japanese version of MKGP2 at startup, it gives an invalid write error, it's this line here 0x800741F0:dword:0x98000025
Removing it will get past the error, but removing it causes the game to suffer the slowdown again. If you press ignore error, the game still slows down.

Using portable dolphin with deleted user folder to start with.

Just an FYI.

my japan iso crc32 is 8038e555

31 minutes ago, murray said:

With the 10/2/2023 version of Dolphin, this will error on the Japanese version of MKGP2 at startup, it gives an invalid write error, it's this line here 0x800741F0:dword:0x98000025
Removing it will get past the error, but removing it causes the game to suffer the slowdown again. If you press ignore error, the game still slows down.

Using portable dolphin with deleted user folder to start with.

Just an FYI.

my japan iso crc32 is 8038e555

the version i got is from here

https://archive.org/download/nintendo-triforce-arcade-iso-collection

it's better to have two separate portable dolphin setups for this game  ..check my patches post about ... since both of them use the same ini/game id for settings but the patches r different because the patched addresses r different .

and the cards r not compatible with each other .. so a card created by the US version won't work on the jap version and vice versa .. it will be easier to have a separate portable dolphin for the jap version.

and i don't see that line added in the new build.. there is only the loop fix to skip the checks at startup ..

and yea the jap version will have slowdowns in the latest builds because i only made the patches to make it boot for the old build ... i didn't make test mode/seat patches for it .. i felt that no one was really interested in the jap version and patches.. so i was like I guess booting it on the old build is good enough + hopefully the slowdowns will get fixed in future builds.

Modifié par mamefan2018

12 minutes ago, mamefan2018 said:

the version i got is from here

https://archive.org/download/nintendo-triforce-arcade-iso-collection

it's better to have two separate portable dolphin setups for this game  ..check my patches post about ... since both of them use the same ini/game id for settings but the patches r different because the patched addresses r different .

and the cards r not compatible with each other .. so a card created by the US version won't work on the jap version and vice versa .. it will be easier to have a separate portable dolphin for the jap version.

and i don't see that line added in the new build.. there is only the loop fix to skip the checks at startup ..

and yea the jap version will have slowdowns in the latest builds because i only made the patches to make it boot for the old build ... i didn't make test mode/seat patches for it .. i felt that no one was really interested in the jap version and patches.. so i was like I guess booting it on the old build is good enough + hopefully the slowdowns will get fixed in future builds.

No problem, i'm running portable folders for all games now got frustrated with things breaking randomly when i was testing various games. I'll use the older Dolphin for the Japanese version. It's much better!

1 hour ago, murray said:

No problem, i'm running portable folders for all games now got frustrated with things breaking randomly when i was testing various games. I'll use the older Dolphin for the Japanese version. It's much better!

here you go mario kart gp2 jap gecko code to handle everything other than the loop fix that comes with the new build

GP2 JAP skip boot /others

0402E3A0 60000000
0402E3AC 60000000
040855dc 4800000C
04085550 60000000

00598A85 00000000
00598A81 00000001
00598A82 00000000
00598A87 00000000

you only need the first 4 to skip boot and seat loop fix

the remaining 4 disable stuff in test menu (steering/cam/enables coins) .. of course you can save the test menu so they r not needed ..i thought i just get them done in-case anyone needs them.

49 minutes ago, CARPnadamas said:

hi.. could you see something of the version that happened to you of vs4 japan?

I did some tests yesterday before going to bed and did more tests today with this game trying to track down whats wrong with this version of the game.

the version u sent me is the same version as the 2 chds i converted ..so i guess i  converted them properly ...and still the same errors with this version ..

after bypass boot game freezes at attract mode or when the game starts after team slection ... and it's the only game that fails the update in test menu ...I  cleaned up the triforce folder and moved everything in a temp folder and started this game only ..

tried the update and it started updating the boot program like the other versions and it reached 100% but it just crashed the emulator unlike other versions we  get task  completed successfully and power off the machine ..and next time I got in the test menu i got the network boot update and it failed with a red screen (repeated many times with the same problem)  ... the closest one to it is the VS 2006 japan version ..because it has a network option .. but this one updates with no problems at all .

so I'm not sure if we r dealing with bad dumps or something went wrong with the conversion .. or it just operates in a different way than all the other games ..so maybe it just needs a lot of patching to completely disable any code that is causing it to crash ...

and i actually found a reply from the dude who uploaded all the triforce VS4 roms to archive regarding VS4 ver c and d japan  ..someone was asking why they r not included ..and this is his reply

"In regards to Virtua Striker 4 (Japan, Rev C and E), the dump quality/decryption methods of the BIN files are in question, so I thought it best to not distribute possibly bad dumps. "

is there anything different in this ver of the game other than Japanese text ? .. if that is the case i might have a good solution for you to play the game (it's a theory i tested and worked perfectly fine ) ..i mean it's pretty obvious that u really love those 2 games and know everything about them  :)

oh and quick update on the VS games on the latest triforce build :

now the asia versions save the test menu and the dash button works

the vs2006 japan version saves the test menu ... but this bypass boot gecko is needed   040568D8 60000000

and that's all .. every single VS game works except the VS4 japan versions .

13 hours ago, mamefan2018 said:

here you go mario kart gp2 jap gecko code to handle everything other than the loop fix that comes with the new build

GP2 JAP skip boot /others

0402E3A0 60000000
0402E3AC 60000000
040855dc 4800000C
04085550 60000000

00598A85 00000000
00598A81 00000001
00598A82 00000000
00598A87 00000000

you only need the first 4 to skip boot and seat loop fix

the remaining 4 disable stuff in test menu (steering/cam/enables coins) .. of course you can save the test menu so they r not needed ..i thought i just get them done in-case anyone needs them.

You didn't have to do that, but thanks! It's all working now!

👌