Aller au contenu

[Emu] Dolphin v2407 Triforce : Branche Arcade (Namco / Sega / Nintendo / GC / Wii)

7zxkv

Messages recommandés

2 hours ago, customizer2 said:

Hello again @mamefan2018. The game I am trying to play is Virtua Striker 4 ver 2006 (Export), sorry if it was not clear. This game is GVSJ8P-SBLL.

Anyway,  I had the patches included in Dolphin triforce Brodostar -4.0-310.1 version, so I copied the whole folder "user" with all the working patches to the new Dolphin Triforce 5.0 folder.

But the patches that worked in Brodostar version are not recognized in the new 5.0 version, they don´t show when you right click on "Properties" of the game.

Could you, or anyone, please tell me the reason why the patches appear in Brodostar version and not in the new 5.0 version, or what I am doing wrong ?? 

the ini filenames r different ... for example the the ini file for vs 4 export is GVSJ8P-SBJA.ini in the brodostar version while it's SBJA.ini in the new version.

9 hours ago, line said:

To bad. To be sure game write in file and read in ram, go to your folder and delete your card after game over (during attract mode). insert coin, and your card is read ... without file 🙃

No solution for this

yep .. it's not working correctly ... and the weird thing is that save states too is not working ..it should save everything in memory  ...but it's a game that started working a few days ago ..hopefully we get some useful patches for it to fix all issues and unlock everything.

Modifié par mamefan2018

En 30/1/2023 a las 1:14, mamefan2018 dijo:

yep this is what i did ... create a control profile and save it ...and add this code to the user config (ini) for the game

[Controls]

PadProfile1 = profilename

So this fix the problem on Virtual Striker 4?

9 hours ago, Satanicainc said:

So this fix the problem on Virtual Striker 4?

yep ... just create a controller profile for the game and add it to the custom config ...I know that because it was a good way to fix games with inverted controls that can't be changed like super mario sunshine ..

it's a very easy and simple way to make a custom controller profile for specific games ..

Modifié par mamefan2018

hace 41 minutos, mamefan2018 dijo:

yep ... just create a controller profile for the game and add it to the custom config ...I know that because it was a good way to fix games with inverted controls that can't be changed like super mario sunshine ..

it's very easy and simple way to make a custom controller profile for specific games ..

Thank you very much! I use the control profile for lightgun games but I didn't thought in it for fix this issue!

latest dolphin triforce build from crediar

https://gofile.io/d/VAoDPy

i tested it not much has changed so probably just cleaning up code and now f-zero rev E has the right title  ... but down control still doesn't work for vs3 and f-zero doesn't read the card after a reset .

Modifié par mamefan2018

2 minutes ago, bonky0013 said:

Great work and a lot of thanks Crediar ^^

Happy to see the dev triforce continuous

For me, F-zero rev E have the title vs4.

you mean vs3 2002 .. and u have to start from scratch in this version to get the right title ...if u use the user folder from the previous version u will still get vs3 title ..

so i have been messing around with the f-zero card issue today ...and i think i found a good reliable fix for the card to work after a reset ...

in user\triforce find the file tribackup_SBGG.bin ...properties and set to read only and that is it ...a really simple fix

now after every reset you will get the controls calibration (test settings r reset ) and the card will work just like the mario games ..

i tried it for over 10 times and it works and with every time you play you can see that the card is working fine and saving all your points and the number of plays .

I guess the only main issue not fixed right now is VS3 2002 with no down control button.

Modifié par mamefan2018

Il y a 6 heures, mamefan2018 a dit :

so i have been messing around with the f-zero card issue today ...and i think i found a good reliable fix for the card to work after a reset ...

in user\triforce find the file tribackup_SBGG.bin ...properties and set to read only and that is it ...a really simple fix

now after every reset you will get the controls calibration (test settings r reset ) and the card will work just like the mario games ..

i tried it for over 10 times and it works and with every time you play you can see that the card is working fine and saving all your points and the number of plays .

I guess the only main issue not fixed right now is VS3 2002 with no down control button.

Thanks it's working well, the only problem now with this method is the game don't save the game assignement in the test menu. Is there a way to fix it ?

hi..I want to thank you for the work of adding the arcade versions in this new version of dolphin..I hope that in the future they will make the Japanese versions of virtua striker 2002 jap (fevernova ball) and virtua striker 4 jap (adidas pelias ball) playable.. I know that the vs42006 jap version is playable in the brodostar version but the other 2 have never been added. (vs2002 even if you insert iso from japan the emu always loads the expo version.)

17 hours ago, mamefan2018 said:

latest dolphin triforce build from crediar

https://gofile.io/d/VAoDPy

i tested it not much has changed so probably just cleaning up code and now f-zero rev E has the right title  ... but down control still doesn't work for vs3 and f-zero doesn't read the card after a reset .

this version is a bit laggy from the previous version my mario kart game is slow using same settings

13 hours ago, Nicolas88 said:

Thanks it's working well, the only problem now with this method is the game don't save the game assignement in the test menu. Is there a way to fix it ?

yep with this quick fix you will get the calibration screen every time you reset the game .. but i guess it's not a big deal ..cuz it only takes like 5 seconds to calibrate ...

so it's not really that bad since you get to use the saved card in F-zero ...

4 hours ago, `kingston Ramsey said:

this version is a bit laggy from the previous version my mario kart game is slow using same settings

I didn't notice any performance issues in most games  .. except of course when you run the game the first time and the shaders r caching ..

as for mario kart games at first i didn't see any problems at all .. but when i disabled the test menu patch i noticed slowdowns in mario kart 2 after a couple of mins in attract mode ...didn't notice any slowdowns in the first game ..

but if i enabled the test menu patch the game runs fine  ...

and of course you can always use the older version for the mario games ....and even f-zero .. they run perfectly fine on it ..and use the latest version for vs3 and vf4/2006 because the controls r fixed for these games.

Modifié par mamefan2018

hace 12 minutos, mamefan2018 dijo:

umm try to uncheck " use panic handlers " in config --> interface tab

That skip the message but the game does not load. I read that the message is because the emulator can not find the bios but the option for the bios in this emulator is disabled.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, gasabbath said:

That skip the message but the game does not load. I read that the message is because the emulator can not find the bios but the option for the bios in this emulator is disabled.

Thanks!

so all games are not loading ? and are you using the latest build ?  and did they work before?

hace 7 minutos, gasabbath dijo:

Thanks!

In Dolphin.ini I just set SkipIPL to false but I only get a black screen. I am testing Virtua Striker 4 Ver.2006 (Export)

hace 4 minutos, mamefan2018 dijo:

so all games are not loading ? and are you using the latest build ?  and did they work before?

I am using the latest build and it´s the first time I try triforce emulation. So, I don´t know if O am missing some steps.

hace 2 minutos, gasabbath dijo:

In Dolphin.ini I just set SkipIPL to false but I only get a black screen. I am testing Virtua Striker 4 Ver.2006 (Export)

I am using the latest build and it´s the first time I try triforce emulation. So, I don´t know if O am missing some steps.

The error now is ¨Unknow DVD command¨

22 minutes ago, gasabbath said:

The error now is ¨Unknow DVD command¨

oh u never tried triforce befrore .. u r probably missing a setting ... can u post screenshots of your settings ?

Here are two fantastic tools to manage Triforce rom dumps made by FIX94

usage Drag and drop CHD directly from Mame roms and wait .bin conversion (get chdman.exe and put it into the same folder as TriIsoExtract.exe)

TriIsoExtract.exe

usage : Drag and drop generated .bin and wait header fix for your loader (just rename .bin to .iso)

TriHdrPatcher.exe

Those are games supported till now :

GFZJ8P - F-Zero AX
GGPE01 - Mario Kart Arcade GP
GGPE02 - Mario Kart Arcade GP 2
GPBJ8P - Gekitou Pro Yakyuu
GVS32J - Virtua Striker 3 Ver. 2002
GVS32E - Virtua Striker 3 Ver. 2002
GVS45J - Virtua Striker 4
GVS45E - Virtua Striker 4
GVS46J - Virtua Striker 4 Ver. 2006
GVS46E - Virtua Striker 4 Ver. 2006

Modifié par hippopippo

Il y a 10 heures, mamefan2018 a dit :

yep with this quick fix you will get the calibration screen every time you reset the game .. but i guess it's not a big deal ..cuz it only takes like 5 seconds to calibrate ...

so it's not really that bad since you get to use the saved card in F-zero ...

The probleme is not for the calibration, is for the setup of test menu, the game assignement, like the difficulty, number of laps .... with this,if you change the difficulty for exemple the setting will not be saved

55 minutes ago, Nicolas88 said:

The probleme is not for the calibration, is for the setup of test menu, the game assignement, like the difficulty, number of laps .... with this,if you change the difficulty for exemple the setting will not be saved

well , that is the only way right now to use the card again after a restart .. and the good thing about is that it's a really simple fix and you can revert back and have ur test menu settings but the card will only work for one session .. hopefully it can be fixed in the upcoming builds ,i already reported my findings  ..

or the next best thing is gecko codes to change settings ... I mean no one expected that we get a new dolphin triforce build ..it's still fresh out of the oven ..so hopefully soon we will start seeing all kinds of codes to unlock stuff/change settings/bypass errors.

44 minutes ago, clarkii said:

Thanks for the update.  Just test VS4 but the control problem is still here.  VS3 is fine.

the controls for vs4 are working .. the directions are just inverted ... all you need to do is create a control profile for the game with the directions fixed and load it in the game ini .. check previous posts .

the main control issues have been fixed in the games .. now the down button works in vs3 .. and player 2 is working in vs3/v4/2006.

Modifié par mamefan2018

hace 10 horas, mamefan2018 dijo:

under gamecube tab --->sp1 ---select "triforce am baseboard"      

and in controllers make sure that port 1 and 2 r set to am_baseboard

Thanks! Now the game boots! But how do I configure the keyboard? am_baseboard option for keyboard does not allow configuration for me.

image.png.6adf4c90f1e526fe939924b5689323b3.png

7 hours ago, gasabbath said:

Thanks! Now the game boots! But how do I configure the keyboard? am_baseboard option for keyboard does not allow configuration for me.

image.png.6adf4c90f1e526fe939924b5689323b3.png

to set controls ... change port 1 controls to "standard controller "  ...set your controls ..keyboard or controller ..exit

now set port 1 back to am_baseboard ... now controls should be working

as for the boot/firm thing for vs4 and 2006 .. just enter test mode (whatever you assign to the z button) and exit ..it should just reset test mode ... close the game and run it again.

Il y a 22 heures, mamefan2018 a dit :

I didn't notice any performance issues in most games  .. except of course when you run the game the first time and the shaders r caching ..

as for mario kart games at first i didn't see any problems at all .. but when i disabled the test menu patch i noticed slowdowns in mario kart 2 after a couple of mins in attract mode ...didn't notice any slowdowns in the first game ..

but if i enabled the test menu patch the game runs fine  ...

and of course you can always use the older version for the mario games ....and even f-zero .. they run perfectly fine on it ..and use the latest version for vs3 and vf4/2006 because the controls r fixed for these games.

Hello,

It's not Shaders caching. With TestMode (original wait 60sec), MK1 is'nt 100%.

With patch for no 60sec wait, it's run at 100%

With the new version, checking testmode = Game Lag. FPS are at 76%... No with 2023/01/24 version. This new version save TestMode Data, it's probably this

image.png.7d2a8f63f3664633e9a604801fc9f30b.png

Modifié par line

5 hours ago, line said:

Hello,

It's not Shaders caching. With TestMode (original wait 60sec), MK1 is'nt 100%.

With patch for no 60sec wait, it's run at 100%

With the new version, checking testmode = Game Lag. FPS are at 76%... No with 2023/01/24 version. This new version save TestMode Data, it's probably this

image.png.7d2a8f63f3664633e9a604801fc9f30b.png

I was talking about the other games with shader caching ...but yea like i said i noticed slowdowns in mario kart gp2 .. it was easily noticeable after just a couple of mins in attract mode .. game speed drops to 80% and stays there..

but with the test mode and seat patches that i shared it works fine with no slowdowns and i tested it for a long time .

as for mario kart gp 1 .. i didn't test it for a long time because it seemed like it was working fine ...maybe i just need to play longer to get the slowdowns .. but i have the startup skip/test mode patch applied and it's working fine with it ...

but i did report the slowdown issue in the latest 2 builds ..hopefully they get fixed soon ...but right now u can use the patches or simply use the older version for the mario kart games ...

the newer version is only needed for vs3 2002, vs 4 and vs4 2006 because it fixes the controls.

so I spent a couple of hrs today to find the right memory addresses  to make a few patches for f-zero so it can be played with any settings without having to access test mode ...this way the settings can be changed and at the same time the card can be functional after a reset (set file tribackup_SBGG.bin to read only)

Here are the patches I made for F-zero AX  ..they need to be added to the user config ini for the game and under patches enable the options needed

[OnFrame]
$Advertise Sound ON
0x803D0175:byte:0x00000001
$Advertise Sound OFF
0x803D0175:byte:0x00000000
$Game Difficulty (very easy)
0x803D0176:byte:0x00000000
$Game Difficulty (easy)
0x803D0176:byte:0x00000001
$Game Difficulty (normal)
0x803D0176:byte:0x00000002
$Game Difficulty (hard)
0x803D0176:byte:0x00000003
$Game Difficulty (hardest)
0x803D0176:byte:0x00000004
$Race Mode Laps (normal)
0x803D0179:byte:0x00000000
$Race Mode Laps (set 1)
0x803D0179:byte:0x00000001
$Race Mode Laps (set 2)
0x803D0179:byte:0x00000002
$Race Mode Laps (set 3)
0x803D0179:byte:0x00000003
$Race Mode Laps (set 4)
0x803D0179:byte:0x00000004
$Race Mode Laps (set 5)
0x803D0179:byte:0x00000005
$Handicap  On
0x803D132E:byte:0x00000001
$Handicap  Off
0x803D132E:byte:0x00000000

of course choose one setting for every option.. if any one picks two settings for the same option .. for example difficulty easy and normal ..the last setting will take priority ...

it's the first time i dig up memory address locations to create patches in dolphin so hopefully i got it right .. if anybody has problems report them and i'll try to fix them...

@Nicolas88 check these codes ... i think they r the solution to ur problem ..play with a card and change the settings as you please.

Modifié par mamefan2018

Il y a 10 heures, mamefan2018 a dit :

so I spent a couple of hrs today to find the right memory addresses  to make a few patches for f-zero so it can be played with any settings without having to access test mode ...this way the settings can be changed and at the same time the card can be functional after a reset (set file tribackup_SBGG.bin to read only)

Here are the patches I made for F-zero AX  ..they need to be added to the user config ini for the game and under patches enable the options needed

[OnFrame]
$Advertise Sound ON
0x803D0175:byte:0x00000001
$Advertise Sound OFF
0x803D0175:byte:0x00000000
$Game Difficulty (very easy)
0x803D0176:byte:0x00000000
$Game Difficulty (easy)
0x803D0176:byte:0x00000001
$Game Difficulty (normal)
0x803D0176:byte:0x00000002
$Game Difficulty (hard)
0x803D0176:byte:0x00000003
$Game Difficulty (hardest)
0x803D0176:byte:0x00000004
$Race Mode Laps (normal)
0x803D0179:byte:0x00000000
$Race Mode Laps (set 1)
0x803D0179:byte:0x00000001
$Race Mode Laps (set 2)
0x803D0179:byte:0x00000002
$Race Mode Laps (set 3)
0x803D0179:byte:0x00000003
$Race Mode Laps (set 4)
0x803D0179:byte:0x00000004
$Race Mode Laps (set 5)
0x803D0179:byte:0x00000005
$Handicap  On
0x803D132E:byte:0x00000001
$Handicap  Off
0x803D132E:byte:0x00000000

of course choose one setting for every option.. if any one picks two settings for the same option .. for example difficulty easy and normal ..the last setting will take priority ...

it's the first time i dig up memory address locations to create patches in dolphin so hopefully i got it right .. if anybody has problems report them and i'll try to fix them...

@Nicolas88 check these codes ... i think they r the solution to ur problem ..play with a card and change the settings as you please.

Hi, I just tested the patch and it's works very well. Thanks a lot this is perfect! Thanks for your work ;)