Aller au contenu

I've made a dirty PCSX2 fork for lightgun games (WIP, Not tested)

Machin33x

Messages recommandés

https://github.com/nixxou/pcsx2/releases/tag/V0.1

Untested, not sure it works, the soft i was using for testing com port has it licence expired. Keep me posted.

To sum up. Priorize US versions of games.
Only for guncon2 games, It will not solve the issue for Silent Scope.

Some games have build in cheats or memory save (like for exemple to enable two player mode in endgame when you normaly have to clear the game)
In the gun option, it should have the option to set the guncon com port for direct connection.
In the Interface it should have the option to enable MameHooker and an option "AutoBoot Save 10". If this option is enabled, and the save state 10 is used, game will boot using this savestate (can be use to bypass game calibration)
Note that Autoboot on save state can crash the emulator if you your savestate virtual usb devices does not match)

For 2 player Vampire Night, i had issue with calibrating 2nd gun, so you need to boot with gun 2 off, and activate it once in game.
For endgame, remember that gun2 = player 1 and gun1 = player2
For RE Gun Survivor 2, you have to bypass the qualibration screen, don't calibrate the gun.

Guncon must be configured in joystick mode and played in 4/3.
Except Time Crisis 2 & 3 when you play in coop mode, you have to switch to 16/9 (press F6 until you do)

List of game with recoil support : 

Peut ĂŞtre une image de texte

hace 17 horas, Machin33x dijo:

https://github.com/nixxou/pcsx2/releases/tag/V0.1

Untested, not sure it works, the soft i was using for testing com port has it licence expired. Keep me posted.

To sum up. Priorize US versions of games.
Only for guncon2 games, It will not solve the issue for Silent Scope.

Some games have build in cheats or memory save (like for exemple to enable two player mode in endgame when you normaly have to clear the game)
In the gun option, it should have the option to set the guncon com port for direct connection.
In the Interface it should have the option to enable MameHooker and an option "AutoBoot Save 10". If this option is enabled, and the save state 10 is used, game will boot using this savestate (can be use to bypass game calibration)
Note that Autoboot on save state can crash the emulator if you your savestate virtual usb devices does not match)

For 2 player Vampire Night, i had issue with calibrating 2nd gun, so you need to boot with gun 2 off, and activate it once in game.
For endgame, remember that gun2 = player 1 and gun1 = player2
For RE Gun Survivor 2, you have to bypass the qualibration screen, don't calibrate the gun.

Guncon must be configured in joystick mode and played in 4/3.
Except Time Crisis 2 & 3 when you play in coop mode, you have to switch to 16/9 (press F6 until you do)

List of game with recoil support : 

Peut ĂŞtre une image de texte

Amazing work @Machin33x!!

Your other forks (Duckstation and Dolphin) work like a champ using mamehooker or serial communication directly.

So, regarding Silent Scope games, is not possible to add lightgun support using this method? Or is hard to do it?

For give support to the non-USA games, what do you need, how can we help you?

Many, many thanks for your effort and this amazing work 

For silent scope, i did take a look, but that's too complicated for me. In pcsx2 1.7 mouse work in relative mode, so i would need it to work as absolute to get things done.

The thing i'm doing is kinda simple, to sum up, look for the memory value of ammo, if this value decrease and the trigger is pressed = gunshot. Rewriting the whole virtual usb device is on a other level.

Well, often if i did do an US version and not the EU, this is for either one of this reason.
- The memory value of ammo is tricky to find, change on each reboot, and you got to find a pointer to it, so it take time.

- The US version has code/patch/better aim or other things that make the EU version irrelevant for me in comparaison. Like for exemple, for time crisis, crisis zone US, i include a cheat pnach file that remove gun flash, and i don't have it for the EU version.

So far, regardless of the region, all guncon game are covered.

I've updated my version, now it's not usefull to switch beetween 4/3 and 16/9 for time crisis 2&3 coop, the aiming fix should apply automaticly.

https://github.com/nixxou/pcsx2

Modifié par Machin33x

7 minutes ago, llll55 said:

Does it mean we can play time crisis 2 and 3 without the annoying flash effect with a sinden/gun4ir like in the mouse hack for pcsx2 1.6 version?

Yes, on the US version, i even included as optional download a texture pack to remove the smoke on Time Crisis 2 if you want. 

7 minutes ago, Machin33x said:

Yes, on the US version, i even included as optional download a texture pack to remove the smoke on Time Crisis 2 if you want. 

this is amazing, thanks a ton! wonder if those games performance improves in the last years. they have huge slowdown in some parts, especially in Tc3 and also gfx messed up in the last level if you play over 720p.

Modifié par llll55

• 2 semaines après...
Posté(e) (modifié)
18 hours ago, Gtguy said:

Machin33x, can you please post the per-game reshade fix seperately as mod and explain how to use?

I had made a quick video for someone else.

https://streamable.com/hv8l4k

So you need to have a default reshade called DefaultReshadePreset and then if you make extra profile with a game id as name, it will use it when you launch the game.

The point of that, for me, outside of per game bezel is to add some reshade filter that will reduce the gun white flash on game that doesn't have a gecko code to remove them.

Modifié par Machin33x

• 2 semaines après...
  • 4 mois après...