Aller au contenu

NVIDIA driver slimming utility (remove the bloat from the driver package)

hippopippo

Messages recommandés

driverslimmer.jpg.ec909c5a323f4e9483d46b6f87cd656c.jpg

I want to share with you this program that perhaps some know and others ignore: NVSlimmer.

This nice little program created to manage NVIDIA card drivers removes everything that is not essential for pure gaming purposes and maintains the essential functions for your GPU driver.

70% of the functions implemented by the NVIDIA driver are bloatware and only create CPU slowdowns on low-medium range PCs (e.g. Telemetry, Debugging, Reports and many other useless things for pure gaming purposes).

I tested this program on PC i5-i7-i9 with GTX166x, GT1030, GT1080, GT710) so not the best GPUs, just to check any gains in terms of performance and I must say that the PCs seem reborn (especially those with WIN7/ 8).

Use is very simple, launch NVSlimmer.exe and load the version of the driver you want to lighten. The program automatically recommends native (core) functions that cannot be removed and disables all others.

Once the changes are applied, the installation of the cleaned driver starts and that's it.

Try it and see for yourself if your PC is faster than before.

https://www.guru3d.com/download/nvidia-driver-slimming-utility/