Aller au contenu

Setting up Groove Coaster 4Max Diamond Galaxy 4.74

laflegge

Messages recommandés

Big disclaimer: I am not the creator of the original guide nor did I upload the game and all the necessary add-ons/assets.

The user Maji on Discord ‘/1CC/ - Arcade and Doujin part 2’ provided me with this setup guide and even then I do not know if this user is the original creator.

I asked for permission to publish on Emuline but did not get an answer.

If the owner of the original guide has any issues that his/her name is not being mentioned please let me know.

If the uploaders of the game and add-ons have any issues that his/her name is not being mentioned also let me know.

Credit should be given where credit is due!

I did not succeed in playing the 4max arcade version of Groove Coaster up until this guide was handed to me and I am very pleased that I am now able to do, so again thanks to anyone involved in creating the original guide, uploaders and more.

Base Game

Buttons

Key

P1 UP

left booster up

P1 DOWN

left booster left

P1 LEFT

right booster up

P1 RIGHT

right booster left

P2 UP

left booster down

P2 DOWN

left booster right

P2 LEFT

right booster down

P2 RIGHT

right booster right

P1 BUTTON1

left booster button

P2 BUTTON1

right booster button

• Also set the resolution to 720x1280
  • Finally, open settings, check 'load regedit', and create the registry values if they are missing. You can change the drive path.
  • Download TypeXZEROTemp.dat from https://mega.nz/file/Gw8DEJIZ#1dfxBuwUfQ4UPZ5IRmcooqtgNvlKq7IbHtAbXMxQdBg and put it into root of C drive
  • Open data/system.cfg, replace the following section with the values below:

WindowMode      =          1         

WindowSize        =          (720, 1280)       

//WindowSize       =          (540, 960)

WindowResize     =          1         

MouseCorsorDisp =          0         

CheckDeviceLost =          0         

IntervalMode       =          1         

MultiSampleType =          0         

DebugMode        =          0         

ShowVersion       =          0         

JudgTimeOffset   =          0

GameTimeOffset =          -24

GreatMinTime      =          32

SkipMargin          =          48

SkipMarginDebug =          48

• Disable redundant network adapters (including VPN, Bluetooth) leaving your pimary ethernet connection as the only available connection.
  • If you have refresh rate >60Hz, use driver(e.g. Nvidia Control Panel) to restrict the game to run at 60Hz.
  • Open game471.exe the game should now be able to boot.

(Optional) Setup omnimix and local server    

Put it in data/boot folder and replace old one.

And replace the original in the game folder. Notice that the patched exe is only for use on the same computer(localhost)

• In JConfig settings, uncheck Nesys Emulation and RFiD emulation.
  • Download openparrot from  https://mega.nz/file/X1sXTIwB#uLupuG3-0JX6NT5Lr_eqa6RsOPXpFkvcADhekW_agOU extract to a separate folder, don't directly extract to game folder
  • Set OpenParrotLoader.exe to be run as administrator
  • Write a powershell script or bat file to load the game (and run that script as administrator)

something like 
                  .\OpenParrotLoader.exe OpenParrot path\to\game471.exe

• In game, use F4 to read the card.

(Optional) Use locale emulator to load the game    
Since the game by default expects Japanese locales, some weird issues might happen if you are not using Japanese locale. To solve this, one option is to change the system locale to Japanese. However, if you don't want to change the global locale, you can use locale emulator to do this.

something like 
        cd path\to\Locale.Emulator.2.5.0.1
         .\LEProc.exe path\to\OpenParrotLoader.exe OpenParrot path\to\game471.exe

Notice that the game path should not contain spaces

Setup the event files    
If you want to setup the event files,

Other setup 

• If you want to play in full screen, in system.cfg , change Windowmode to 0. Then in jconfig, disable d3d9wrapper. Finally set screen to portrait mode and boot the game.
  • If the judgement does not feel right, change JudgeTimeOffset and GameTimeoffset in system.cfg
  • There is a way to make the whole game including the bios in English. See information down in this topic. Thanks to @ultrabub563

Common Issues    

• If the game stuck at Starting Nesys, make sure that you have completed the main steps in the base game setup.
  • If the game stuck at Starting Nesys, when running local server do not forget to allow local network access from your firewall when prompted.
  • If the game shows error about RFID READ WRITE MODULE , make sure iDmacDrv32.dll is from jconfig not from openparrot/original. You can check this by file size, original is 76kb, jconfig one is 96kb, openparrot one is >100kb.
  • If the game throws an assertion error, make sure the resolution setting in JConfig is correct (720x1280, not 1280x720) and you have changed system.cfg.
  • If the game does not output any sound, in jconfig->settings, set analog1 and analog2 to max.
  • If the game freezes, make sure you have disabled other network adapters.
  • If the game cannot connect to the local server, make sure port 80 and 443 are not occupied by other program, and you have disabled other network adapters (and that includes VPN, Bluetooth network adapters and so on)
  • When Jconfig.exe gets deleted by your viruscanner then exclude the folder and/or binary and/or restore.
  • When jconfig.exe thows an error in the 'load regedit' step of the base game (even as an administrator) delete in the registry the entry and try again (older version messed things up)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\TAITO

Modifié par laflegge

• 5 semaines après...

Hello! This guide worked perfectly for me except for being able to connect to the local server instance.
I am not sure where/what exactly the "host file" the server guide describes is, or alternatively how I may be able to patch the NesysService/game.exe myself (the guide mentions using Bemani patcher on a 4.52 game.exe which I don't think I have, I tried applying patches to the game.exe from this guide's downloads using the website linked in the Bemani Github but it did not work properly)

Help would be extremely appreciated!

37 minutes ago, QSS1 said:

"host file"

Windows host file ?

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Copy to desktop, edit,  copy back.

If you don't have the modified NesysService.exe, modify the host file, add the following lines

127.0.0.1 cert.nesys.jp

127.0.0.1 data.nesys.jp

127.0.0.1 nesys.taito.co.jp

127.0.0.1 fjm170920zero.nesica.net

Modifié par Zen_B7

I went and applied the above but it is still not connecting. Tried with and without the modified NesysService.exe just to be thorough

I did get the following output in the server log however

image.png

Modifié par QSS1

Reapplied everything and managed to fix it, though it then didn't work again next time I started it.
Very finicky... thank you very much for the help though

Modifié par QSS1

Perhaps one final tip

did you run jconfig as an administrator and create registry settings and individual game setting

something like this???

image.jpeg.fae7d10c33d8629a4b35344b989d770b.jpeg

and yes it is finicky... have a script which disables all network connections except one

some like 

netsh interface set interface "Ethernet 2" disable

netsh interface set interface "Wifi 1" disable

and a script to restore them 🙂

• 2 semaines après...
5 hours ago, laflegge said:

No??? I was reacting to your post 'false positive  on DmacXv1.9.rar'.

In my case jconfig was removed by virusscan so I needed to exclude it.

Ok. Btw how do i completely reset JConfig settings? I got game to work. Then I changed something in the res settings so it would be vertical on next boot and that caused the game to crash when opening. I tried change it back but it still crashes. I reinstaleld it and deleted the registry but when I run JConfig again my controller settings are saved still MEANING some JConfig setting file exists still somewhere.

Edit: Nevermind now I got it running again. But I tried to get the server omnimix + private server but private server isn't working. I followed instructions.

Modifié par TechaNinja

44 minutes ago, TechaNinja said:

Ok. Btw how do i completely reset JConfig settings? I got game to work. Then I changed something in the res settings so it would be vertical on next boot and that caused the game to crash when opening. I tried change it back but it still crashes. I reinstaleld it and deleted the registry but when I run JConfig again my controller settings are saved still MEANING some JConfig setting file exists still somewhere.

Edit: Nevermind now I got it running again. But I tried to get the server omnimix + private server but private server isn't working. I followed instructions.

Also, I put the controls as you said but for some reason they only half work.

Ok fixed that too.

Now one last problem. I put omnimix in but i seem to be missing a ton of songs? Even before I put omnimix I noticed missing songs. What do I do? I know there's more cause I played it before in Japan.

Modifié par TechaNinja

On 1/18/2024 at 2:02 AM, laflegge said:

Don't know about missing songs... Can you give an example so I could check. 

Luckily my favorite songs are all there. 

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. For example. Anime/pops section is only showing like 8 songs. There should be more then that! I have the omnimix installed as guided!

Edit: And now I just tried to get the locale emulator working but the bit about changing the load script didn't work. It wouldn't boot. Now I changed the bat file back to how it was and now I crash after it loads the game for a bit (after the first initial japanese text splash screen)

Modifié par TechaNinja

I can not help you. 

I can run this game without any trouble, have all the songs I want to play. 

Perhaps you could try to get hold of the Nintendo Switch version with the dlc (about 44 dlc packs are available)... That might be the easiest way 

Btw this is what im seeing in the anime category. There should be way more!

image.png.1a40f6878a7c40b22fbd1175a43d7eab.png

Edit: Ok nevermind. Now just one last thing. How do I change stuff like the menu timer? Like increase it or set to infinite? And change it to 3 songs per credit. Like bring up the cabinet settings you know the one where it has black screen with white options.

Modifié par TechaNinja

First of all: I do not want to be negative but it seems that you ask a question and already find the answer moments later responding 'ok nevermind'...

Why not try first and when you are really stuck ask the question.

I really do not know why you have only 4 songs in this section... I Have many many more.

image.png.c734be6fe6d8e587680f1235bcc08504.png

For the bios assign a button/key to Testmode.

You can set Game Settings to Free Play, 3 songs.

I can not find an option to disable timer unfortunately.

image.png.bd4634f3c30cfafa0737fdab40cb2bc1.png

On 1/21/2024 at 6:41 PM, laflegge said:

First of all: I do not want to be negative but it seems that you ask a question and already find the answer moments later responding 'ok nevermind'...

Why not try first and when you are really stuck ask the question.

I really do not know why you have only 4 songs in this section... I Have many many more.

image.png.c734be6fe6d8e587680f1235bcc08504.png

For the bios assign a button/key to Testmode.

You can set Game Settings to Free Play, 3 songs.

I can not find an option to disable timer unfortunately.

image.png.bd4634f3c30cfafa0737fdab40cb2bc1.png

Thanks 

The only reason I say nevermind is cause this game compared to other arcade stuff here, is very temperamental. Like one slight change seems to break it then some weird way fixes it.

Or like how trying get locale emulator to work caused it to stop working, then changing back wasn't working then doing something else made it work again!

Surely others will probably come across this to play GC4 and have some issues too and hopefully my posts and ur replies help 

• 2 semaines après...

followed tutorial, then game As soon as started, its crashed with no error log.

1. Downloaded version 4.61 and overwritten with 4.65 files.
2. setting setups like JConfig
3. install the parrot things ... 

4. disable networks...

5.  Use locale emulator to load the game 

On 1/4/2024 at 11:56 PM, QSS1 said:

I went and applied the above but it is still not connecting. Tried with and without the modified NesysService.exe just to be thorough

I did get the following output in the server log however

image.png

I also falling in this step too (right now).

Maybe I Messed up confings?

The game screen is just whiteout and it's freezes.

3 hours ago, laflegge said:

White screen and freeze is more then one network adapter active... 

Nope.. i disabled all network adts..

I don't have Bluetooth, so ignoring that.

Then started server program.

( GC-local-server-rewrite )

I received log ...

404 at get update/cgi/check.php

I already edited windows host file as

127.0.0.1 nesys.taito.co.jp

etc.

What's I'm doing wrong?

(I followed this steps on screen shot img)

Anyway, open localhost:80 on web browser, it's works fine.

Screenshot_20240213_083721_Chrome.jpg

Modifié par jomin398