Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC Mod] House Of The Dead : Remake (PC) - Arcade Mod

argonlefou

Messages recommandés

hodr1.png.7d85122d1827b18b0ccd2314121c34bd.png

This mod is a Unity plugin that will modify different aspect of the game to make it as close as possible as the original arcade version.

Amongst other things :

• Credits handling
  • Configuration tool (game options and SERVICE MENU options)
  • Removed game menus
  • Few graphics enhancements (Title Screen, Continue countdown...)
  • Lightgun and multiplayer handling
  • Leaderboard
  • etc..

This mod will run on its own ( with anything saved in a separate folder ) without modifying any existing save file or registry entry.

You can use it safely over an existing installation of the game, and safely play the original game by removing the plugin from the plugin folder.

More detailed Instructions : https://github.com/argonlefou/HotdRemake_ArcadePlugin#readme

Github repo (source, releases, issues...) : https://github.com/argonlefou/HotdRemake_ArcadePlugin

Enjoy Emuline come back !

HotdRemake_Arcade_v2.0.zip

Modifié par argonlefou

Thank argonlefou , I was waiting for this.
Until someone remakes this arcade game.
Finally, after a year, I can play this game with lightgun. (it never worked for me before). Only with misou or gamepad.
Now I can play just like in the arcade and even off-screen charging works.

Great job and thanks again..:very-good:

I have tested. Single player works for me. I have followed demulshooter instructions to configure the plugin input type option to multiplayer and created a AHK script, but had no luck running dual GUN4IR's

AHK script:

Run, The House of the Dead Remake.exe

Run, E:\DemulShooter\DemulShooter.exe -target=windows -rom=hotdra

Escape::
    Process,Close,The House of the Dead Remake.exe
    Run,taskkill /im "The House of the Dead Remake.exe" /F
    Process,Close,DemulShooter.exe
    Run,taskkill /im "DemulShooter.exe" /F
    ExitApp
return

replacing DemulShooter.exe in the script with DemulShooterX64.exe does not close down demulshooter properly. When exiting the game it still runs in the background along with the AHK script. Thats why i am currently using DemulShooter.exe

Modifié par jimmyuk86

Il y a 4 heures, jimmyuk86 a dit :

I have tested. Single player works for me. I have followed demulshooter instructions to configure the plugin input type option to multiplayer and created a AHK script, but had no luck running dual GUN4IR's

[...]

replacing DemulShooter.exe in the script with DemulShooterX64.exe does not close down demulshooter properly. When exiting the game it still runs in the background along with the AHK script. Thats why i am currently using DemulShooter.exe

Well...you can also replace DemulShooterX64.exe  by DemulShooterGUI.exe or even Notepad++.exe, if you like it better 😄

It doesn't change the fact that if demulshooter instructions explicitely specify to use DemulShooterX64.exe...that's for a good reason.

I won't say anything about the AHK scripts, between the path with spaces in name and missing argument in the "run" call, there are many different possibility to make things go wrong.

So as I always say, when you want to find whats is going wrong : start simple :

1) Run the game exe by hand

2) Run Demulshooter command directly rom a powershel/command window

3) Check if demulshooter is hooking (icon becomes green in taskbar) or not (icon stays red)

4) You can also get a demulshooter debug file https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Debugging that can be helpfull

then only later, if it's working, try adding scripts, frontend and other bug-friendly things

Modifié par argonlefou

il y a 15 minutes, argonlefou a dit :

I mostly worked on an AMD 5600G CPU (AMD iGPU) without any trouble

Salut à toi j'essaie de t'envoyer un mp mais ta boite doit être full

It is awesome but I have some trouble in ahk key binding. ESC works as always but when I try to bind Joy9::Esc or Joy10::1 (or 1Joy9) it doesn't work. Some times it does but later it lose control. same thing with Joy2key. Any ideas what might be the problem?

Never mind make it like this:

1joy11::
Send, {1 down}
Sleep 50
Send, {1 up}
return

and it is fine

Modifié par arturs20

5 godzin temu, argonlefou napisał(a):

In the NVRAM subdirectory, in the game folder

Thank you. It's working. Just if someone wonder default save folder is: User\Documents\TheHouseOfTheDead_Remake\ so you need to grab .sav file from there and paste it in NVRAM. And then you need to move plugins back to its place.

• Team
il y a 59 minutes, arturs20 a dit :

Thank you. It's working. Just if someone wonder default save folder is: User\Documents\TheHouseOfTheDead_Remake\ so you need to grab .sav file from there and paste it in NVRAM. And then you need to move plugins back to its place.

yes and you have my personal 100% save for this game too with all unlocked mode and weapons here :

il y a 10 minutes, arturs20 a dit :

Note that depending on the version you're playing, this path may change :

GOG game is saving the file in the document folder, whereas STEAM version is saving in AppData\LocalLow\

3 hours ago, jimbone007 said:

Another awesome mod, Thanks Argonlefoe! I'm running this with the latest ds on 2 player and my guns will only shoot bottom left corner of the screen. Anyone know how to fix this?

You could try setting windows scaling to 100 in Windows Display Settings if it's not already

The mod is amazing Argonlefou! Impressive work as ever!

But I have one question. Playing the game without the mod you can change weapons using Q and E, however using the mod these keys don't work. Did you map these keys functions to another keys or mouse buttons?

Thanks in advance

Le 05/02/2023 à 02:28, jimbone007 a dit :

Another awesome mod, Thanks Argonlefoe! I'm running this with the latest ds on 2 player and my guns will only shoot bottom left corner of the screen. Anyone know how to fix this?

You can try to share a Demulshooter debug file, maybe something obvious will be showned in it regarding you lightgun/screen setting (https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Debugging#step-3)

Le 06/02/2023 à 10:27, CreativeMan a dit :

I have some accuracy problems too with this mod, is there a way to have logs to troubleshoot that ?

Aim is slightly off on bottom and right

It depends if you are using Single Player or Multiplayer setting on the configurator, with or without Demulshooter (so that I can tell you the best log to get) ?

Modifié par argonlefou

Le 08/02/2023 à 08:57, CreativeMan a dit :

I use multiplayer settings & DS, Sinden software 2.01b. Same configuration as HOTDIII Arcade mod, but it has no issues (thanks for your work on that too !).

You can still try a DS debug file (https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Debugging#step-3)  (The Unity Plugin logs won't have any more information on the axis values)

You can also try different windowed mode, to see if the aiming offset is always the same. It may be a clue to know if it's screen/OS related or game/window related.

But anyways, if Sindens are good and verified with other games, it's because of some display option somewhere....