Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC Mod] House Of The Dead III (PC) - Arcade Mod

argonlefou

Messages recommandés

This mod is great! I can't get off screen reloading to work but otherwise it runs great for me. I'm using the latest DS. off screen reloading works without the mod for some reason but not with. I'm basically using the same ahk script to launch it. I have DS running as admin. Anyone know what I need to do to get off screen reloading to work? 

Il y a 9 heures, jimbone007 a dit :

This mod is great! I can't get off screen reloading to work but otherwise it runs great for me. I'm using the latest DS. off screen reloading works without the mod for some reason but not with. I'm basically using the same ahk script to launch it. I have DS running as admin. Anyone know what I need to do to get off screen reloading to work? 

Make sure you set "P1 Controls" to "KEYBOARD" in the Configurator Tool if you want to play with DemulShooter

On 12/29/2022 at 3:17 PM, argonlefou said:

Here's my folder content, I'm using DgVoodoo D3D8.dll to hook the game and output API to D3D11.

Then ArcCabView's D3D11.dll hook again on top of that.

It'a from a couple of years ago, maybe there's a simpler way now, but at least you have the ReShade profiles

hotd3_DgVoodoo+ArcCabView.zip 3.33 MB · 49 downloads

Would you happen to know the easiest to way to fill screen 16:9 and add Sinden borders to this setup? 

• 2 semaines après...
W dniu 23.12.2022 o 08:24, hippopippo napisał(a):

Jak wcześniej omówiono, potwierdzam w 100% to, co napisał Argon i załączam zaktualizowaną wersję, jak określono powyżej, na wypadek gdybyś chciał zmienić rozdzielczość z poprzedniej konfiguracji

Hotd3_Arcade_HD4k_5.1

https://gofile.io/d/JyxDvI

Link Dead Plis Reupload THANK YOU 

2 hours ago, EncryptedMind said:

I must be a retard because i cant get this game to work at all. With or without the mod. Game keeps crashing. Any chance of uploading game again please and thank you. 

Got game to work without the mod. Not sure what Im doing wrong with the mod. I followed the steps. Also the bezels where do you put them?

• 4 semaines après...
Le 14/12/2022 à 17:51, argonlefou a dit :

01.png.82219f614511d1981a781460f84b4726.png

This mod is a launcher that will start the windows game and modify the memory in the fly to make it look alike the original arcade version.

Amongst other things :

• Credits handling
  • Configuration tool (game options and SERVICE MENU options)
  • Removed game menus
  • Few graphics enhancements (Title Screen, arcade logo)
  • Portable game (no more Registry access or AppData saved files)
  • etc..

This mod will run on its own ( with anything saved in the folder ) without modifying any existing files or registry entry.

You can use it safely over an existing installation of the game, and safely play the original game by running the genuine binary/launcher as before

Hotd3pc_ArcadeMod_v5.0.zip 1.42 Mo · 317 téléchargements

More detailed Instructions : https://github.com/argonlefou/Hotd3pc_ArcadeMod#readme

Github repo (source, releases, issues...) : https://github.com/argonlefou/Hotd3pc_ArcadeMod

Feedbacks are welcome, for bugs or various observations

hola amigo que software usas para hacer la modificacion del juego y en todos los juegos se puede realizar???

Il y a 12 heures, palio120 a dit :

hola amigo que software usas para hacer la modificacion del juego y en todos los juegos se puede realizar???

(sorry I don't speak spanish)

The loader does not use any software to modify the game, it's doing all the modifications by itself by writing within the running process memory.

So the answer to the question will be : Microsoft Visual Studio. And C# language in that case.

If you wanted to know what software I used to search and analyse :

Cheat Engine (for the process memory)

IDA (for disassembling the exe)

And a lot of sheets of paper and time....

Modifié par argonlefou

• 2 semaines après...

bizarrement, a month ago i found an original ISO as requested, but not worked,

then i searched for a cracked HOTD3 version & found HOTD 1 2 3,

HOTD3 worked like a charm. how funny ^^

merci argonlefou et hippopippo.

Modifié par Simon Belmont

On 12/23/2022 at 1:24 AM, hippopippo said:

As previously discussed, I confirm 100% what Argon wrote and attach the updated version as specified above in case you want to change resolution from a previous configuration

Hotd3_Arcade_HD4k_5.1

https://gofile.io/d/JyxDvI

The link is dead, could it be possible to re-uploaded? Thanks

• 3 semaines après...
  • 3 semaines après...

A couple of things (requests perhaps) to see if somebody could add these, this is an amazing mod, and as close to the arcade version we ever got (every single home port has an issue)

A couple of things could be added/fixed, and I think this is pretty much perfect.
-Is there a way to fix the sound issues the PC port has? As an example, "Death" in Chapter 1 doesn't make the explosion sound effect when he gets out of the ground, Fool doesn't have a sound effect when he dies, the elevator loops incorrectly, Wheel of Fate doesn't have proper SFX, etc.

-Not every "rescue" section of the actual arcade version gives a life, just some of them, I'm not sure if they have a pattern (I'll check later this), but you can see it here

If these could be added, it would be wonderful

Regardless, thanks for this, I'm gonna try it out later one, I appreciate this so much.

Il y a 22 heures, RadiantAnsel a dit :

A couple of things (requests perhaps) to see if somebody could add these, this is an amazing mod, and as close to the arcade version we ever got (every single home port has an issue)

A couple of things could be added/fixed, and I think this is pretty much perfect.
-Is there a way to fix the sound issues the PC port has? As an example, "Death" in Chapter 1 doesn't make the explosion sound effect when he gets out of the ground, Fool doesn't have a sound effect when he dies, the elevator loops incorrectly, Wheel of Fate doesn't have proper SFX, etc.

-Not every "rescue" section of the actual arcade version gives a life, just some of them, I'm not sure if they have a pattern (I'll check later this), but you can see it here

If these could be added, it would be wonderful

Regardless, thanks for this, I'm gonna try it out later one, I appreciate this so much.

Hello and thanks for pointing out these "details" from the original arcade game.

Unfortunately, those interresting  "details" are way too difficult to change without having the exact source code of the game. 

First and main obstacle here: I've stopped working on that mod a long time ago and I'm not able to go back into that matrix of 0 and 1 in memory without starting from scratch.

Then from what I remembered, the PC port had a lot of textures and sound removed. Whereas I found a way to inject some custom textures, I kind of remember beeing blocked from adding new sounds. Again, I may remember that in the wrong way since it has been a long time.

As for changing the rewards algorithm....same thing : you can't except if you have full source code or get (extremely) lucky by lurking into the game's memory

I would have checked a couple of things a few months ago, while I was head first into the mod 

It's a bit too late for me, now

• 1 mois après...

I installed the game via Abandonware France setup file. Game exe is titled hotd3pc.exe dated 12/02/2005 and hotd3launch.exe dated 7/12/2004 . Game runs fine on its own, however it refuses to run via Arcadeloader . When I click, nothing happens. I set the path correctly in setup file.

Modifié par petran79

Il y a 15 heures, petran79 a dit :

I installed the game via Abandonware France setup file. Game exe is titled hotd3pc.exe dated 12/02/2005 and hotd3launch.exe dated 7/12/2004 . Game runs fine on its own, however it refuses to run via Arcadeloader . When I click, nothing happens. I set the path correctly in setup file.

It could be helpful to share a debug file from the launcher. To do so, run 

Hotd3Arcade_Launcher.exe -v

Either by openning a command prompt / powershell window or by adding the -v argument in a shortcut

The debug file will be created in the launchers folder

Modifié par argonlefou

solved the issue. Apparently real launcher was in a separate folder titled exe, instead in the root folder. I used that path and game runs fine

Il y a 5 heures, petran79 a dit :

solved the issue. Apparently real launcher was in a separate folder titled exe, instead in the root folder. I used that path and game runs fine

Indeed, the game binary is hod3pc.exe in the separate folder.

This is explained on the github readme for the arcade mod 

(https://github.com/argonlefou/Hotd3pc_ArcadeMod#mod-configuration):

• Set the path to your hod3pc.exe file.

Enjoy !

Modifié par argonlefou

Il y a 15 heures, argonlefou a dit :

Indeed, the game binary is hod3pc.exe in the separate folder.

This is explained on the github readme for the arcade mod 

(https://github.com/argonlefou/Hotd3pc_ArcadeMod#mod-configuration😞

• Set the path to your hod3pc.exe file.

Enjoy !

the thing is, game runs even if you copy the exe files to the root folder, but this messes with the loader. Had moved them apparently for some reason and had forgotten about it. After uninstalling and reinstalling the game, exes were missing from root as intended.

Modifié par petran79

• 1 mois après...
On 9/17/2023 at 9:08 PM, luffytam said:

Hi hi everyone I just notice player cannot input score display code at title screen even with arcade mod

in arcade version when you insert coin input Left or Right Trigger code and you will hear sound effect

display score is LLRR LRL

auto reload when dual play is RLRL LRLRR

In Arcade Mod v6.0, there is an option to display score during play in the Config exe file

In the original base game, you just press the arrow keys on your keyboard the same way as your previous mentioned code (L,L,R,R,L,R,L) at the menu screen and you will hear a sound indicates that the code works

Modifié par fnaf135