Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC Mod] House Of The Dead III (PC) - Arcade Mod

argonlefou

Messages recommandés

6 minutes ago, argonlefou said:

No worries ! The whole point of open sourcing is to let people do what they want 😉

So those specific resolutions are tied to a specific modded version of the game if I understand well ?

that's the beauty of sharing đŸ€“ yes, it's a modded exe, even if you use the original configurator the game allows you to choose the new resolutions, but from Hotd3Arcade_Config you would read 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768 so I adapted it .. let's say that the dirty work is done by the .exe 😉

Tried the newest version and still having to press p1 start twice. Tried a clean install of the game on a different PC to rule out any hardware cause, and to make sure no interference with reshade, demulshooter, res-patched exe, etc, and it still occurs with a clean install of the "Reloaded" version on a different PC. 

Yeah, not a big deal at all. Once you press start once on the title screen, it behaves normally for the rest of the session. Even if you die and go back to the title screen, you only have to press it once. So, what I ended up doing was timing up ahk to send my p1 start button right when the title screen starts, and it works perfectly.

Il y a 1 heure, cor094 a dit :

Tried the newest version and still having to press p1 start twice. Tried a clean install of the game on a different PC to rule out any hardware cause, and to make sure no interference with reshade, demulshooter, res-patched exe, etc, and it still occurs with a clean install of the "Reloaded" version on a different PC. 

Wow 😹

Like the fact that some people were able to enter the "black menu" before....I can't reproduce that one with any binary, on any of my computer and with all windows OS I tried on (even XP / Seven on VMs ...)

I don't see what I Can do on this one

il y a 24 minutes, cor094 a dit :

Disabling the pause menu was an amazing touch. Incredible work. I have no idea if possible to implement, but the only difference I notice now between this and arcade is the on-screen "reload" indicator when out of bullets

Screenshot_20221217_114646_YouTube.jpg

Nice catch !

Should not be hard to add

On 12/15/2022 at 5:50 PM, hippopippo said:

hotd3p.jpg.1d32e55ebfd93c33f108201be853d2ff.jpg

HD-4k *Game patch only* + Advertise Sound unlocked

https://gofile.io/d/ZcBfgZ

Full game + patch

https://gofile.io/d/vI2VmA

Patched game also works with the original Sega loader that I attached in the package (Sega Loader folder) in case you want to play House of The Dead 3 without using the loader by argonlefou whom I thank for his contribution as always

How do I change the language to English ? I downloaded it from the link above and it is partial Russian

Modifié par pacooka

Thanks so much for the mod argonlefou +  hippopippo 😘

It works great, I also need to press start button twice here but no bigge what so ever.

It's amazing how a PC game can be fixed to run like this.

Oh, also with this launcher I now dont have any need to set any exe file to admin anymore 😄 😄 

Modifié par gStAvEn

24 minutes ago, scooby said:

Thank you to Argonlefou and hippopippo for their work on this good game.

Everything works fine except as it was already reported: start must push twice at the beginning and the game patched by hippopippo is in russian. Difficult to understand for me!

@hippopippo : do you know why ?

Installer is Rus/Eng you can select at the beginning, game is multi-lang too so I suggest to make a fresh install and choose your desired language 

Il y a 21 heures, afterlight a dit :

There is a bug when setting P2Controls to Gamepad. All controls like start, shoot, reload, center are binded to single button: Button1 and I can't find a way to change it, in the Hod3Arcade.ini file there is no Joystick section, only mouse and keyboard.

As said earlier, GamePad configuration support was no part of the configurator, as the game handles it poorly.

I nonetheless added the lines in the ini files based on the default Gamepad config from the game. Note that custom values changed in-between will be overwritten by the Config tool on saving (just like keyboard keys definition, they are here as examples mostly)

Again, DemulShooter is preferable to play with Gamepads, but this should now still work without

Le 17/12/2022 à 00:59, joefish a dit :

i found a little bug using your demulshooter - what i set for middle button doesnt work as selecting path/route

im using revelation exe - can you check it ?

Getting back on this one....I was wrong this is working at home, I just didn't remember that the right/left button is sent according to where the gun/aim is pointing at (left half scree, right half screen) 😅

Did you do it that way to test ?

Update v3.0 :

- Added "RELOAD" SFX and Sprites in-game

- Replaced attract mode instructions by the ones from the arcade

- Gamepad buttons fixed

Hotd3pc_ArcadeMod_v3.0.zip

Modifié par argonlefou

27 minuti fa, argonlefou ha scritto:

Getting back on this one....I was wrong this is working at home, I just didn't remember that the right/left button is sent according to where the gun/aim is pointing at (left half scree, right half screen) 😅

Update v3.0 :

- Gamepad buttons fixed

Hotd3pc_ArcadeMod_v3.0.zip 1 MB · 2 download

yeah - it works - thank you genius

the reload sfx is awesome   :)

merci

3 hours ago, argonlefou said:

As said earlier, GamePad configuration support was no part of the configurator, as the game handles it poorly.

I nonetheless added the lines in the ini files based on the default Gamepad config from the game. Note that custom values changed in-between will be overwritten by the Config tool on saving (just like keyboard keys definition, they are here as examples mostly)

Again, DemulShooter is preferable to play with Gamepads, but this should now still work without

Update v3.0 :

- Gamepad buttons fixed

Hotd3pc_ArcadeMod_v3.0.zip 1.42 MB · 37 downloads

thank u very much works awesome! 

il y a 39 minutes, spiderzsoft a dit :

Arcade Mod v3.0 loader is not working my side

It's my fault : Important information I forgot to mention when updating the launcher version : unpack to a new location and no not mix the new files with old ones (memoryconfig, ini files are not always compatible) !

Sorry guys😕

I'm having problems with V3
in the D.B.R. scenario when the monsters on the ceiling appear (like the lickers from RE2) the game closes...

Does anyone else have this problem?

with v1 and v2 everything was ok
Modifié par cangarujack

36 minutes ago, hippopippo said:

hotd3_arcade.jpg.81a6843d383a925dda0e7c1d4e21682c.jpg

House of The Dead III PC-Arcade with original Sega Chihiro Japan gfx / intro

Standalone release ready to play (with hd/4k mod & crt reshade)

https://gofile.io/d/FvrpcS

Thank you, this version works great and has English as default 🙂

Modifié par pacooka

29 minutes ago, cor094 said:

Nice work! I noticed one issue (or maybe I didn't read directions if there were some, I just tested pretty quickly) , but the arcabview effects didn't work, as the reshade INI has the path, for shaders as an example, of 

. \ArcCabView\Shaders

But there is no ArcCabView subdirectory, so removing ArcCabView from all paths fixed, so now shader path for example is

. \Shaders

removed, cleaned and re-up

Modifié par hippopippo

hotd3_arcade.jpg.e92cc24d81b4447975cab1c2520d0373.jpg

House of The Dead III PC-Arcade with original Sega Chihiro Japan gfx / intro

Standalone release ready to play (with latest hd/4k mod)

Important : being standalone before running the game run the configurator Hotd3Arcade_Config.exe apply the path of the executable and save

https://gofile.io/d/PSWEUI

il y a 52 minutes, cangarujack a dit :
I'm having problems with V3
in the D.B.R. scenario when the monsters on the ceiling appear (like the lickers from RE2) the game closes...

Does anyone else have this problem?

with v1 and v2 everything was ok

Sorry but I know better the game by the code than by the scenarios these days 😅

What's the quickest way to go to this point ?

il y a 5 minutes, Arcade Elieth a dit :

some way that when using demulShooter it only generates one credit and not two

Nothing can be done ATM, this will be removed in the next demulshooter update that should comme soon.

To everyone who have the issue to Press Start twice on title screen, does it only happen in fullscreen mode ? And works normally in windowed mode ?

7 minutes ago, argonlefou said:

Nothing can be done ATM, this will be removed in the next demulshooter update that should comme soon.

To everyone who have the issue to Press Start twice on title screen, does it only happen in fullscreen mode ? And works normally in windowed mode ?

Yeah, good call. Dont have the issue in windowed mode

1 ora fa, argonlefou ha scritto:

Sorry but I know better the game by the code than by the scenarios these days 😅

What's the quickest way to go to this point ?

select PARKING way after the prologue, then when you can choose the 3 different ways, choose the one on the left (it says D-B-R.)...after a minute a few seconds you find the monsters on the ceiling and it stops

Je crois que ça a été dit mais il faut appuyer 2 fois sur Start pour que le jeu se lance.

Dans mes souvenir le jeu Arcade Ă©tait en 16:9 mais celui sorti sur consoles et ordi est en 4:3. On peut le mettre en 16:9 mais l'image est aplatie. A part ça (qui ne peut ĂȘtre modifiĂ©), joli boulot!

Il y a 1 heure, cor094 a dit :

Yeah, good call. Dont have the issue in windowed mode

Ok ! Finally found why đŸ˜€ As most of the time I play it in windowed mode to develop the mod.....I didn't see it

Let's see what can be done...

Il y a 1 heure, cangarujack a dit :

select PARKING way after the prologue, then when you can choose the 3 different ways, choose the one on the left (it says D-B-R.)...after a minute a few seconds you find the monsters on the ceiling and it stops

I just went through the whole D-B-R level up to the boss without trouble 😔 (passed ceiling monsters at start - elevator - recued my partner both times and got 2 other places where monsters poped from the ceiliing)

il y a 7 minutes, Safur a dit :

Je crois que ça a été dit mais il faut appuyer 2 fois sur Start pour que le jeu se lance.

Dans mes souvenir le jeu Arcade Ă©tait en 16:9 mais celui sorti sur consoles et ordi est en 4:3. On peut le mettre en 16:9 mais l'image est aplatie. A part ça (qui ne peut ĂȘtre modifiĂ©), joli boulot!

Oui je viens juste de trouver le pourquoi du bouton start, soucis que je ne voyais pas pendant le développement car ça ne se produit qu'en mode plein ecran, pas en mode fenetre.

C'est uniquement la premiÚre fois au lancement du jeu... je vais voir pour corriger ça

Thanks! Great work all involved! Really start to feel like the arcade now!

Tested a 2 player game as it gives more enemies to shoot but it seems like the difficult level stays on even after the second played dies lol that pesky sloth boss feels impossible to hit and im on "normal" level! Guess this is by design, but damn its hard. 😝

No problem for me to pass the ceiling monsters either when going RIGHT (Parking) - LEFT (D-B-R) in game

One thing I noticed is that you cant change the in-game volume settings any longer, as I usually turned down the music a bit and raised the voices as the mix feels a bit unbalanced from the box.

Can this be fixed as now the menu is hidden

Modifié par gStAvEn

il y a 44 minutes, gStAvEn a dit :

One thing I noticed is that you cant change the in-game volume settings any longer, as I usually turned down the music a bit and raised the voices as the mix feels a bit unbalanced from the box.

Can this be fixed as now the menu is hidden

Yes ! I just forgot to put it on the previous config toolÂ đŸ˜¶ but the fields were already ready in the launcher.

Thanks for the feedback

Update v4.0 :

- Added audio settings in Configurator
- Corrected following bug : in fullscreen mode, need to press START twice on the first time in title screen.

Hotd3pc_ArcadeMod_v4.0.zip

Waiting for feedback on the start button bug, but hopefully this should be good đŸ€ž

Modifié par argonlefou

il y a 20 minutes, argonlefou a dit :

Yes ! I just forgot to put it on the previous config toolÂ đŸ˜¶ but the fields were already ready in the launcher.

Thanks for the feedback

Update v4.0 :

- Added audio settings in Configurator
- Corrected following bug : in fullscreen mode, need to press START twice on the first time in title screen.

Hotd3pc_ArcadeMod_v4.0.zip 1 Mo · 1 téléchargement

Waiting for feedback on the start button bug, but hopefully this should be good đŸ€ž

Thank bro now its perfect 👌👌