Aller au contenu

[Emu] PS2 & Namco System 147 / 148 / 246 / 256 Emulation on Play!

Shin Endymion

Messages recommandés

Il y a 4 heures, braders1986 a dit :

The PS3 offloads tasks to the 8 SPUs. There is no equivalent to this on PC hardware. We ideally need 8 core / 8 thread CPUs to handle this during emulation, but it is not perfect and weaker chips will not do a great job. 

PS2 based machine emulation is completely different. But, games that would tank performance in software mod ten years ago will fly today. For instance, Shadow of the Colossus in software mode with a 60 patch is the most challenging thing to run on PCSX2. With a budget Ryzen 5600 it never drops below 80fps in software.

Play! In my experience is the same. Absolutely every bootable game runs at fullspeed. DDR5 is not required, at all. I'm using DDR4 @ 3200mhz. More than enough.

Maybe my understanding is wrong. Maybe the CPU, GPU, and memory all need to be powerful, not necessarily ddr5.

Does anyone have the "full collection" of .zip and .arcadedef files to share ?

I have a bunch of .iso files, can these be changed to .chd ?

Are these useable after conversion ?

And a bunch of smaller .bin files for the games, these are Sony PS2 Memory Card Format 1.2.0.0 files. (dongles?)

Can these be changed to the correct format ?

Modifié par Zen_B7

Il y a 15 heures, Zen_B7 a dit :

Does anyone have the "full collection" of .zip and .arcadedef files to share ?

I have a bunch of .iso files, can these be changed to .chd ?

Are these useable after conversion ?

And a bunch of smaller .bin files for the games, these are Sony PS2 Memory Card Format 1.2.0.0 files. (dongles?)

Can these be changed to the correct format ?

I have shared all of them here

On 10/16/2023 at 10:47 AM, andymage said:

Maybe my understanding is wrong. Maybe the CPU, GPU, and memory all need to be powerful, not necessarily ddr5.

Play! was never as playable in PCSX2 anyway, if PCSX2 would have done this without legal reasons, we wouldn't be here, but I understand.

Il y a 9 heures, Universal Gaming a dit :

Play! was never as playable in PCSX2 anyway, if PCSX2 would have done this without legal reasons, we wouldn't be here, but I understand.

pcsx2 has Konami Python arcade branch, but there is no namco system arcade。The emulator has been around for so many years and there are no legal issues.

On 10/26/2023 at 9:25 AM, andymage said:

pcsx2 has Konami Python arcade branch, but there is no namco system arcade。The emulator has been around for so many years and there are no legal issues.

Then how come PCSX2 hasn't thought of doing this then dare I ask?

Il y a 8 heures, Universal Gaming a dit :

Then how come PCSX2 hasn't thought of doing this then dare I ask?

Because the working principles of ps2 and arcade hardware are different, and although the circuits of arcade dongles and PS2 memory cards are the same, the working principles of the hardware are different. The Konami Python arcade is a PS2 console, but the 2x6 arcade machine is not like this.
And the motherboard firmware is also different.

Worked  Namco System 256 Mother Board Arcade Video Console Board - Picture 1 of 8Picture 2 of 3

It’s not that they didn’t think about this problem, because the two are in different fields. The most fundamental reason is that the 2x6 arcade machine is not a device based on the ps2 console hardware.

On 10/29/2023 at 4:52 AM, andymage said:

Because the working principles of ps2 and arcade hardware are different, and although the circuits of arcade dongles and PS2 memory cards are the same, the working principles of the hardware are different. The Konami Python arcade is a PS2 console, but the 2x6 arcade machine is not like this.
And the motherboard firmware is also different.

Worked  Namco System 256 Mother Board Arcade Video Console Board - Picture 1 of 8Picture 2 of 3

It’s not that they didn’t think about this problem, because the two are in different fields. The most fundamental reason is that the 2x6 arcade machine is not a device based on the ps2 console hardware.

Thanks.

• 2 semaines après...
On 10/26/2023 at 9:25 AM, andymage said:

pcsx2 has Konami Python arcade branch, but there is no namco system arcade。 The emulator has been around for so many years and there are no legal issues.

that don't mean much only does Python 2 (not 1) and does not use the magic gate stuff as much as this does 

Il y a 21 heures, bucksoverfame a dit :

Updated bat files for everyone. Now we need media to add to Hyperspin and correct CHD files for those who need help. 

Here's how to add in RocketLauncherUI

image.png.07a7829848e1279c9ad045f490df710a.png

FullScreen.zip 590.76 Ko · 12 téléchargements

Thanks!! Do you have a new module for pcsx2 1.75 for rocketlauncher? Because the current one ask for gs but version 1.75 not use it.

Il y a 12 heures, bojo5150 a dit :

Just curious, I haven’t upgraded Play! Since the .62 stable release. Have there been any improvements on speed, graphics, sound, etc for the Arcade games?

Just wondering if it’s worth upgrading to current release 

不值得,还不如使用0.61-133,图形和视频错误方面没有任何改进,我认为模拟器已经开始进入一个错误的领域和方向,我相信如果运行ps2游戏,大家都会使用pcsx2,但是运行2x6街机游戏,还是paly!模拟器,但是目前我看不到任何2x6街机上的改进

不但没有进步还是退步,比如说音频视频不同步不如之前的版本

On 12/3/2023 at 12:16 AM, andymage said:

Not worth it, might as well use 0.61-133, no improvement in terms of graphics and video bugs, I think the emulator has started to go into a wrong territory and direction, I believe everyone will use pcsx2 if running ps2 games, but running 2x6 arcade games , or paly! emulator, but currently I don't see any improvements over the 2x6 arcade

Not only is there no progress, but there is also regression. For example, the audio and video are out of sync and not as good as the previous version.

I had high hopes for 2x6 arcade... oh well, it had a good run.

On 06/07/2023 at 03:20, hippopippo disse:

são 23 páginas de posts e explicações sobre como converter um chd, criar um chd a partir de um img e lidar com um .defs, recomendo fortemente aprender o básico e entender que o nome do .bin e do .chd não importa , mas é importante que coincidam com o nome associado ao .arcadedefs

aqui você pode encontrar o ID da mídia :

https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/namco/namcops2.cpp

e no caso específico do Idol Master o nome é NM00022 IDM1-HA (HDD).chd

I searched this entire list and couldn't find the name of the idolmaster's zip, if you know, can you tell me?

Il y a 10 heures, marcoriesco a dit :

我成功运行了它,我只是将加密狗留在了idolm.zip中,运行需要一段时间,并且它会在黑屏上停留很长时间,请忽略上面的消息!

恭喜你,你的悟性很高,但是这款游戏目前还不能正常玩,因为它需要触屏支持和读卡器支持

• The title was changed to [Emu] PS2 & Namco System 147 / 148 / 246 / 256 Emulation on Play!

salut

à ma connaissance il n'y a pas de version portable malheureusement......

l'émulateur fonctionne avec les dossiers séparés sur le C

c'est bien dommage car on ne peut pas faire un mappage différents pour les jeux style lightgun et les autres.

peut-être dans un futur proche...on peut espérer

18 minutes ago, nosoucy62 said:

Health

To my knowledge there is no portable version unfortunately......

the emulator works with separate folders on the C

It's a shame because we can't do a different mapping for lightgun style games and others.

maybe in the near future...we can hope

There is a portable version, just like other emu, with portable txt, then move your stuff from document to your play folder, and map, also you can set per game controls, don't put the emulator on C drive for it to work portable 

Modifié par joe555

5 hours ago, nosoucy62 said:
Thanks for the information but where can we download it? 
on the official website no portable version with a .txt file

there isn't a specific version you need to download
you have to create the text file in the emu folder before you run the exe,
extract the emulator using 7zip to any folder,
place the folder wherever you want it,
create a text file called portable.txt inside the folder,
copy/move your folder from documents to the emu folder
run the exe,
set the location of your roms in the settings (if different from your emu folder)
set up the controller & settings as you want them
play the games