Aller au contenu

[Emu] PS2 & Namco System 147 / 148 / 246 / 256 Emulation on Play!

Shin Endymion

Messages recommandés

8 minutes ago, soso92 said:

You're lucky cobra me it never started properly with the intro of the game....

The E51 error still appears during the memory card select, so totally unplayable. The intro and demo is all FMV, so all that runs ok. If the game goes to a standstill just press a few buttons to go to the title screen or skip rw error. Just won't let us go into the actual game, so unknown what actual gameplay performance is like!

I couldn't get this to run for starters, but then I just properly installed a fresh updated version of Play with all the latest arcadedefs and it booted up!

Hi,
The only Namco 256 game I can't really find is( Ace Driver 3 Final Turn).
If anyone knows where to download, please advise:gene:?

Edit>
It looks like it's not a Namco 2X6 game, but a different Namco N2 hardware.

The hardware misled me that it uses a memory card similar to Playstation 2 (Magic Gate).
It's actually PC Hardware (linux/Debian), maybe Teknoparrot.
It is the third continuation of the famous Ace Driver series
Okay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165351786548

Modifié par sonic323

il y a 48 minutes, sonic323 a dit :

Hi,

Edit>

The hardware misled me that it uses a memory card similar to Playstation 2 (Magic Gate).
Okay

I'm really interested in this game too.

Modifié par soso92

2 hours ago, sonic323 said:

Hi,

Edit>

Okay

It is Namco 2x6, on that ebay listing you can literally see the PS2 memory card (dongle). (+ in the video Soso92 linked if you translate the description, that japanese guy also says its namco 256.)

53 minutes ago, HmmCheese said:

It is Namco 2x6, on that ebay listing you can literally see the PS2 memory card (dongle). (+ in the video Soso92 linked if you translate the description, that japanese guy also says its namco 256.)

Thank you for the info,
It's good that it's a Namco 2x6 game, at least there's a better chance that this game can be played through the Play emulator!

Of course, MotoGP is not playable yet, but you can now navigate the menu a little (digital buttons).
It looks like the JVS buttons are not assigned correctly.
But nice progress..

Il y a 1 heure, sonic323 a dit :

Merci pour l'info,
c'est bien que ce soit un jeu Namco 2x6, au moins il y a de meilleures chances que ce jeu puisse être joué via l'émulateur Play !

Bien sûr, le MotoGP n'est pas encore jouable, mais vous pouvez maintenant naviguer un peu dans le menu (boutons numériques).
Il semble que les boutons JVS ne soient pas correctement affectés.
Mais belle progression..

Oui MOTO Gp on arrive jusqu'à la Course vivement qu'il soit jouable comme beaucoup d'autres 👍

Hi,

I don't know if I can write it here, but I don't want to (unnecessarily) start a new topic (Games 2X6).

Here I found all namco 2X6 games, even all revisions of all games..

For example, Game Battle Gear 3, which is also on Hardware 2X6
4 revisions of Tekken 5 etc..

https://archive.org/download/system2x6/Namco System 2X6/

Well, I finally found the wanted Ace driver 3.
But after unpacking, I have 78GB.
Does anyone know how to convert (.Img) to (.Chd)?
It keeps giving me an error during conversion..
Or can you advise where to find the already converted game Ace Driver 3?

Modifié par sonic323

• The title was changed to [Emu W.I.P] Namco System 246 / 256 Emulation on Play!
  • This sujet was à l’affiche et a épinglé

Hey this is my first forum post but I am a longtime account and lurker! I usually go by xONLYFEET online; not sure what why I made a throwaway name here...

But hey, I am here now! I love that there's traction on emulating Namco arcade games. What is here is amazing and the Namco 357 scene also seems to be breaking new ground.

I noticed that there isn't much footage of this emulator in action yet, so I wanted to contribute. In particular, I'm psyched to FINALLY be able to play the arcade version of Gundam vs Gundam Next and not have to rely on the PSP version. I know PSP has more content, but I always thought the game looked off in widescreen. Additionally, upscaling PSP games through emulation makes the textures look terrible. I may very well have posted to first direct capture footage of Next; I was obsessed with this port for a while and never found footage online that was very good. 

Anyways, here is my first video of this emulator in action! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOVNCUXkfMo

Let me know your thoughts and if you want to see any game in particular in action. I can get every game to play that I've tried, although some (Soul Calibur III) run slow. Also pro tip, if you are having issues with a particular game, you can edit the game''s parameters in its .arcadedef file through notepad. Every game has an audio pitch issue but editing the .arcadef file fixes it. As hippopippo did, here is what the line looks like for Gundam Next:

{
	"id": "gdvsgdnx",
	"name": "Gundam vs. Gundam Next",
	"dongle":
	{
		"name": "gnx1001-na-a.ic002"
	},
	"hdd":
	{
		"name": "gnx100-1na-a.chd"
	},
	"eeFrequencyScale": [3, 2],
	"boot": "ac0:GNXLOAD",
	"patches":
	[
	]
}

10 hours ago, CoolSpice452 said:

Hey this is my first forum post but I am a longtime account and lurker! I usually go by xONLYFEET online; not sure what why I made a throwaway name here...

But hey, I am here now! I love that there's traction on emulating Namco arcade games. What is here is amazing and the Namco 357 scene also seems to be breaking new ground.

I noticed that there isn't much footage of this emulator in action yet, so I wanted to contribute. In particular, I'm psyched to FINALLY be able to play the arcade version of Gundam vs Gundam Next and not have to rely on the PSP version. I know PSP has more content, but I always thought the game looked off in widescreen. Additionally, upscaling PSP games through emulation makes the textures look terrible. I may very well have posted to first direct capture footage of Next; I was obsessed with this port for a while and never found footage online that was very good. 

Anyways, here is my first video of this emulator in action! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOVNCUXkfMo

Let me know your thoughts and if you want to see any game in particular in action. I can get every game to play that I've tried, although some (Soul Calibur III) run slow. Also pro tip, if you are having issues with a particular game, you can edit the game''s parameters in its .arcadedef file through notepad. Every game has an audio pitch issue but editing the .arcadef file fixes it. As hippopippo did, here is what the line looks like for Gundam Next:

{
	"id": "gdvsgdnx",
	"name": "Gundam vs. Gundam Next",
	"dongle":
	{
		"name": "gnx1001-na-a.ic002"
	},
	"hdd":
	{
		"name": "gnx100-1na-a.chd"
	},
	"eeFrequencyScale": [3, 2],
	"boot": "ac0:GNXLOAD",
	"patches":
	[
	]
}

I would love to see more Gundam games tested, also when it comes to the "eeFrequencyScale" I have added it in to the bloody roar 3 .def and it seems like the voices are still high, any other solution or am i modifying it wrong? 

Modifié par darksabre9

50 minuti fa, hippopippo ha scritto:

Play! v0.59

https://gofile.io/d/yrYRw9

Note : fixed audio pitch issue (246 mode) but many 256 games are no longer accessible so I suggest to make two folders installation with the previous version v0.58 in one and this v0.59 in the other

Now audio is ok but frequency scale return slow.

I finished my longplay of Gundam vs Gundam NEXT!

I'll play through Gundam vs Gundam (no NEXT) for my second upload. It might sound redundant, but its G-Crossover mechanic makes the gameplay different and more defense-oriented. Basically, its like the Ultra meter in Street Fighter IV in that when your team takes enough damage, both of you can summon giant things from your respective Gundam series, like lasers and meteors. I am glad they dropped this mechanic in NEXT, but it does make GVG different enough that in retrospect, its inclusion makes the game worth playing. If only to see the ridiculous G-Crossover combinations teams can summon.

Modifié par CoolSpice452
m

20 hours ago, Son of Blindboy said:

@CoolSpice452 Have to say i liked your display of feet skill in the arcade. Much respect. Pretty sure you'd kick my ass in any fighting game! 

Thanks! That video is super old but it still is the best for showing how I play games. :)

I made a Longplay yesterday of Gundam vs Gundam. 

I've not made video content in a long time, so I changed a few render settings. And, this playthrough looks far better than NEXT. I am not sure if any other games run as well as these, so my next project might be recording a higher quality NEXT playthrough. Any excuse to play these awesome games! Most System 246/256 games were ported directly to PS2. Given that, there is plenty of footage of other games online already, even if that footage isn't from the arcade. The game I want to post a playthrough of the most is the last revision of Soul Calibur III arcade. Early versions and by extension, the PS2 version, of SCIII have many bugs and gameplay balance issues. I am not sure if everything was fixed, but I hear the Arcade is almost an entirely different game with the amount of improvements made. I am still trying to get it to run full speed, but even under full speed, I can already tell it is a better game than Soul Calibur III PS2 from what little I played.

hey all just joining this at a late stage, can someone state what is needed to play
i've tried following the guide but nothing is loading
i downloaded the 144 play but previous ones are gone
also converted the game chd but it still says failed to find tekken.zip in arcade roms directory
any help would be appreciated
thanks

@EmuAl Hey man. It's kind of set up like mame. You need a zip file of the game in the Arcaderoms folder accompanied by a folder named the same as the zip file and in that folder you place the Chd of the game. You also need an arcadedef file of the game you're trying to run. This essentially launches the game. This arcadedef file is placed in the arcadedef folder located in the directory where the play exe file is. I'm away from pc atm but can provide links to all required files that don't need any conversion to work with the emulator shortly. 

https://archive.org/download/Namco2x6Games/

play.png

play2.png

Modifié par Son of Blindboy

You need a zip file of the game in the Rom folder accompanied by a folder named the same as the zip file and in that folder you place the Chd of the game.

thanks for your help but this part is confusing ?

so tekken4 

inside arcaderoms folder should be tekken4.zip and 1 folder tekken4 containing the tef1dvd0.chd ? 

1 hour ago, EmuAl said:

so tekken4 

inside arcaderoms folder should be tekken4.zip and 1 folder tekken4 containing the tef1dvd0.chd ? 

You need tekken4.zip, a created iso and a new created CHD inside that folder. To do that, download "CHD Converter 246-256" in the first post of this thread and look at "Untitled.png" inside the archive, it will explain the two steps need it.

Modifié par lezzi87

3 hours ago, EmuAl said:

so tekken4 

This is how i have mine. The structure in the archive link is correct, except for the arcadedefs folder. That's in the root of my play install.

Modifié par murray

@EmuAl Sorry for any confusion on my part. Yes you are right.

The tekken4.zip goes in Arcaderoms folder

Create a folder inside Arcaderoms folder and name it tekken4

Put the CHD file from the provided link inside the tekken4 folder. You DONT need to mess around converting these files in this link, someone has already done this.

The game arcadedef file goes into the Arcadedef folder that is located in the installed directory of PLAY! emulator. In my case 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Play\arcadedefs

Hope that clears any misunderstanding?

Modifié par Son of Blindboy

so i finally got it going, thanks for the help,
the problem was i had the wrong zip file, the zip & unconverted chd files must come from mame.

are there a later set of arcadefs files available, when i first installed i though there were more games that what i have now?
thanks

i also understand the play 58-144 i have installed has stopped the x246 games from working is this correct ?
does anyone have the previous version ?
i looked back through the thread but earlier versions are gone
thanks again

Modifié par EmuAl

On 1/30/2023 at 5:04 AM, hippopippo said:

Play! 0.58-140

https://gofile.io/d/kOFnqo

fate.jpg.a397ad4cca705d6ad807d32af91068cc.jpggunnext.jpg.9dcfa7625c04ab7ad959b170a882d5ad.jpg

quiz.jpg.0755018aaa0041009c2188bcfbea65b1.jpg

How do you get Fate/UC working? I'm using the latest version, made the arcadedef (since nobody seems to have the arcadedef for this game in particular), and it always crashes after this
image.png.f84ac108d1dc57f988ee97b257158dff.png

What might be the problem? This is the content of my fateulc.arcadedef file

{
	"id": "fateulc",
	"name": "Fate/Unlimited Codes",
	"dongle":
	{
		"name": "fud1vera.ic002"
	},
	"hdd":
	{
		"name": "fud-hdd0-a.chd"