Aller au contenu

[Emu] PS2 & Namco System 147 / 148 / 246 / 256 Emulation on Play!

Shin Endymion

Messages recommandés

[Emu W.I.P] Namco System 246 / 256 Emulation on Play!

News just surfaced on the Teknoparrot Discord Channel from this guy called Mr Guru. He's uploaded the first 3 Youtube Videos on 3 games that have been worked on so far!

video preview down

Citation

Ridge Racer 5 Arcade 

Moto GP

Cobra The Arcade

others video preview

is is a really great and promising start to something that seemed impossible!

Tutorial on how to Install, Run and Load games up on the Play! Emulator here:

Thanks to petje for a really helpful guide!

Link to updated emulator (supports newest games) and older builds

Play! v0.62

https://github.com/jpd002/Play-/actions/workflows/build-windows.yaml

There is also the PS2 build that now supports 2X6 emulation here:

https://purei.org/

When updating Play! It's always best to install fresh or newer games may not load properly!

Make sure you have a GitHub account to download builds or it won't let you click on the downloads.

Click on the build first on Actions (e.g. Windows), then go to any Workflows with namco_system_256. Scroll down to Artifacts on the bottom of the screen for the installers (Win32 or Win64)

Link to ROMS, CHD's and arcadedefs

https://archive.org/download/Namco2x6Games/

Link to CHD Converter 246-256

https://www.emuline.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=20753&key=04d02a48521602818d1e6244f63515dd

Namco System 147 emulation coming soon (WIP)

Capture d’écran 2024-07-27 à 12.32.12.png

Just now, Shin Endymion said:

News just surfaced on the Teknoparrot Discord Channel from this guy called Mr Guru. He's uploaded the first 3 Youtube Videos on 3 games that have been worked on so far!

Ridge Racer 5 Arcade 

Moto GP 

Cobra The Arcade 

These appear to be on the Play! Emulator and have several issues but this is a really great and promising start to something that seemed impossible!

oh i thought pcsx2 had it also

Pretty impressive that anybody is actually taking the time and making the effort to get these games to a working state in order to preserve them for future generations and for us to play.

• The title was changed to [EMU] Namco System 246/256 Emulation on Play!
2 hours ago, chrisros said:

Did someone try to replicate what he did?

It seems he loaded the elf files from the dongles.

I don't think many people will actually have the dongles, have they been dumped, do you know? At a guess I would say it was a Linux VM they were running on with the dump on the vm and the dongle mounted but I am speculating heavily there.

6 ore fa, GingerJazz ha scritto:

I don't think many people will actually have the dongles, have they been dumped, do you know? At a guess I would say it was a Linux VM they were running on with the dump on the vm and the dongle mounted but I am speculating heavily there.

The dongles have been dumped,I have a couple of those and yes he's using linux but the emulator is called "Play" it's a ps2 emulator.

So basically he extracted the dongles files with(I believe)pcsx2 because those are very similiar to a ps2 memory card and with pcsx2 you can convert those files to a folder.

Inside these folders there is a ELF file(in the case of RIDGE RACER is called "START")but in order to actually boot the game you need the bios of the system which,again,it has been dumped and the iso of the game.(the iso generally contains only xxxx.bin files and they contain models,texture etc...everything that the game has but not an executable)

We basically have everything but since the system reads the disc and launches it with the ELF file from the dongle I don't know how you could start the game from only using the ELF.

Modifié par chrisros

7 minuti fa, spiderzsoft ha scritto:

If Mr Guru works for TeknoParrot then this project will be completed very fast. Mr. Guru is using VM for Elf. And TP is already emulating the Elf loader on Windows. My personal opinion is that Mr. Mr. Guru and Reaver should work together for system 246, 256, 357, 359 👌

I don't think he works with Tekno,I think he's solo or he's working with a couple of people for all we know.

That would be cool if someone that works with Tekno could contact Guru.

2 hours ago, R.R.Z. said:

Any chance to make time crisis 2/3/4

arcade versions playable?

maybe by helping mame devs or in some other way?

Thanks 

Cobra The Arcade is basically Time Crisis 3.5 but with different Anime and Storyline. It has practically the same engine and playability as TC3. This is the one and only game I still never played in the arcades, so can't wait to finally get my hands on this one!

8 ore fa, spiderzsoft ha scritto:

If Mr Guru works for TeknoParrot then this project will be completed very fast. Mr. Guru is using VM for Elf. And TP is already emulating the Elf loader on Windows. My personal opinion is that Mr. Mr. Guru and Reaver should work together for system 246, 256, 357, 359 👌

guru is a mame dev - he doesnt gain from emulators

Gotta set a few things straight here.. Guru is not the developer of this. He simply posted the videos on his page.  Jean (Play Ps2 Emulator developer) is the one working on this. If you like what you are seeing please consider supporting him.

Cobra is being emulated because I specifically asked for it. Next game should be Time Crisis 3. 

In terms of dumps, we have most of them including the dongles. 

Modifié par powergyser

1 ora fa, spiderzsoft ha scritto:

thanks for it

when i load Mame's chd file on this emulator i got system.cnf error
how we generate system.cnf file?

here is a tool for creating elf CNF file but i dont know how it works.
https://github.com/AxionDrak/PSX2CNFCreator

Can you be more specific?

Are you trying to create a iso with the system.cnf?

Also that program lets you create the cnf file with no problems,you simply name it and there you go,open it with a notepad editor and then you can point to which elf you want to execute.

3 hours ago, murray said:

And if you would like to do that, you can do so here
https://purei.org/about.php

Thanks for mentioning it. For anyone deciding to donate please mention Namco System 246 emulation when doing so. I will help a ton. 

25 minutes ago, R.R.Z. said:

It’s great to read time crisis 3 is worked on I hope 2+4 will be saved as well

a lot of people have been waiting many years for the arcade series to be playable 

thanks👍

2 is up to MAME as it used a different system. 

21 minutes ago, powergyser said:

System 23 would be impossible to emulate with it?

Thanks 

Modifié par R.R.Z.

19 minuti fa, powergyser ha scritto:

Thanks for mentioning it. For anyone deciding to donate please mention Namco System 246 emulation when doing so. I will help a ton. 

I donated and joined the discord server!

I'll mention the namco system 246 emulation so we can get this project done!

On 9/27/2022 at 7:41 AM, chrisros said:

The dongles have been dumped,I have a couple of those and yes he's using linux but the emulator is called "Play" it's a ps2 emulator.

So basically he extracted the dongles files with(I believe)pcsx2 because those are very similiar to a ps2 memory card and with pcsx2 you can convert those files to a folder.

Inside these folders there is a ELF file(in the case of RIDGE RACER is called "START")but in order to actually boot the game you need the bios of the system which,again,it has been dumped and the iso of the game.(the iso generally contains only xxxx.bin files and they contain models,texture etc...everything that the game has but not an executable)

We basically have everything but since the system reads the disc and launches it with the ELF file from the dongle I don't know how you could start the game from only using the ELF.

I am not 100% sure how you would start it from an elf file unless that is what the emulator specifically does, you must have to load the elf file by opening it with the tool you mentioned above, which by the look of things has to be compiled in order to work but I can't remember how to compile binaries because it is so long since I have done it, maybe there are binaries available. 

Modifié par GingerJazz

• The title was changed to [EMU] Namco System 246/256 Emulation on Play! (WIP)
5 ore fa, Moksi ha scritto:

this  great youre able to achieve this powergeyser , because otherwise god knows if were able to play this one day even. donate i will im already supporting tp

keep us updated

If you want to support,then support jpd002 the creator of Play! And join his discord,he's the one developing this.

Modifié par chrisros

9 hours ago, Moksi said:

this  great youre able to achieve this powergeyser , because otherwise god knows if were able to play this one day even. donate i will im already supporting tp

keep us updated

Support the creator of Play. Don't support me. He is doing all the work. My involvement in this is close to zero. I just sent an email to initially kickstart this and supplied the dongles. 

48 minuti fa, Siggy12 ha scritto:

I think that is way better if PCSX2 will support those games like P2IO fork for the Konami Python/2 board

PCSX2 will never officially support 246/256 because of legal issues but if this build comes out for play! then somebody can make a fork for pcsx2 adapting the code used here.

14 minuti fa, chrisros ha scritto:

PCSX2 will never officially support 246/256 because of legal issues but if this build comes out for play! then somebody can make a fork for pcsx2 adapting the code used here.

I was meaning the PCSX2 (better than PLAY! in my opinion) emulator not the PCSX2 team and by the way I mentioned the P2IO fork in this regard which in fact is not their job.