Aller au contenu

MAME 0.269 & clones : Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator

7zxkv

Messages recommandés

Invité A FRIEND

Anyone knows if any progress made on mame support for

time crisis 2/3/4?

are those games will ever be saved and preserved?

thanks in advance for any info

11 hours ago, A FRIEND said:

Anyone knows if any progress made on mame support for

time crisis 2/3/4?

are those games will ever be saved and preserved?

thanks in advance for any info

Yes every new ver of mame I’m checking if the rest of time crisis series r supported I hope they’ll be saved a lot of people waiting to play the arcade versions with mame

2 hours ago, Cool Coyote said:

An old mame version 0.171 using the old scanline method and it looks better than yours  (last mame version before things went to shit using contrived method

On 7/3/2022 at 7:57 AM, llll55 said:

I wonder if we will ever have system 23 and konami viper emulated....guess next century?

NAMCO SYSTEM 23

you mean. but both are HOT! especially  KONAMI VIPER HARDWARE

some games are already available 

and actually the konami viper bios work fine on mine 0.171

14 minutes ago, Cool Coyote said:

NAMCO SYSTEM 23

you mean. but both are HOT! especially  KONAMI VIPER HARDWARE

some games are already available 

and actually the konami viper bios work fine on mine 0.171

most games are dumps...but not playable.

Somehow my text was not posted anyway I was saying that in the latest mame version .245 all roms are presented very pixeleted. I was asking if tgere is a reason for that?

Il y a 3 heures, Cool Coyote a dit :

An old mame version 0.171 using the old scanline method and it looks better than yours  (last mame version before things went to shit using contrived method

Not sure about that...

But again this is a free optional shader... If you don't like don't use ;)

1 hour ago, Houb said:

Not sure about that...

But again this is a free optional shader... If you don't like don't use ;)

yeah nah yours is terribly pixelated mate scanlines are way off too 

1 hour ago, adenin said:

Somehow my text was not posted anyway I was saying that in the latest mame version .245 all roms are presented very pixeleted. I was asking if tgere is a reason for that?

use mame version 0.171 and use my scanline s, u wouldnt have this problem. not sure why they think it looks good, its way OVER DONE, just looks too ugly for mind         IMO  of course lol

5 minutes ago, Cool Coyote said:

use mame version 0.171 and use my scanline s, u wouldnt have this problem. not sure why they think it looks good, its way OVER DONE, just looks too ugly for mind         IMO  of course lol

I got the .239 version and its still good, but when a new playable game gets released with a next version then were fucked. Realy dont get their decision

il y a 29 minutes, Cool Coyote a dit :

lol (Trouby is back!! 😅)

ok, so if for you 0.171 was the best MAME version ever and a poor "scanline" overlay with not the good number of lines and a blur result is the best way to display your games: just keep it like that :)

Modifié par Houb

Awesome scanline effects, am I better using the internal menu in the command line style Mame to apply these or will Arcade UI just work the same using the BGFX settings as video mode and CRT geom deluxe as the chains setting with GLSL as the backend or should the backend be something else to have it look the same as in your screen shots, also what resolution are they displayed at? Sorry for the longish question and TIA.

20 hours ago, Houb said:

lol (Trouby is back!! 😅)

ok, so if for you 0.171 was the best MAME version ever and a poor "scanline" overlay with not the good number of lines and a blur result is the best way to display your games: just keep it like that :)

HOUB ur scanlines suck  quite a few people agree with me 😆

btw its not just 'blur'  this tells me me u dont actually know why ur doing

Modifié par Cool Coyote

Il y a 11 heures, GingerJazz a dit :

Awesome scanline effects, am I better using the internal menu in the command line style Mame to apply these or will Arcade UI just work the same using the BGFX settings as video mode and CRT geom deluxe as the chains setting with GLSL as the backend or should the backend be something else to have it look the same as in your screen shots, also what resolution are they displayed at? Sorry for the longish question and TIA.

You can apply the BGFX chain to any recent MAME versions just the same way as CRTGeomDeluxe. The best way (I think) would be to edit your ini files to enable the BGFX video mode and to select the ArcCabView chain you want to use.

About the backend, you can put the one you want, btw d3d11 is slow, with d3d9 the scanline effect is broken (even with CRT-Geom and CRTGeom-Deluxe). So I think glsl is a good option (at least up to 0.242, because I didn't test the later builds)

About the resolution, these effects are made for high resolution screens: UHD/4K would be perfect, FullHD is ok, 720p/768p will probably be too short to get a good result...

I hope it helps :very-good:

Il y a 21 heures, adenin a dit :

I got the .239 version and its still good, but when a new playable game gets released with a next version then were fucked. Realy dont get their decision

just edit all you ini files to enable the "filter" (bilinear filtering)

#
# OSD ACCELERATED VIDEO OPTIONS
#
filter                    1

And it should work. it is better to disable this filter when using a CRT shader but without these shader I do agree: it looks better with :)

Modifié par Houb

11 hours ago, Houb said:

You can apply the BGFX chain to any recent MAME versions just the same way as CRTGeomDeluxe. The best way (I think) would be to edit your ini files to enable the BGFX video mode and to select the ArcCabView chain you want to use.

About the backend, you can put the one you want, btw d3d11 is slow, with d3d9 the scanline effect is broken (even with CRT-Geom and CRTGeom-Deluxe). So I think glsl is a good option (at least up to 0.242, because I didn't test the later builds)

About the resolution, these effects are made for high resolution screens: UHD/4K would be perfect, FullHD is ok, 720p/768p will probably be too short to get a good result...

I hope it helps :very-good:

just edit all you ini files to enable the "filter" (bilinear filtering)

#
# OSD ACCELERATED VIDEO OPTIONS
#
filter                    1

And it should work. it is better to disable this filter when using a CRT shader but without these shader I do agree: it looks better with :)

Thanks very much, this clears things up for me very well. 😁

2 hours ago, `kingston Ramsey said:

i found this 10 secs after searching for it i have the file if you want this bezel friend?

virtual_wonderboy__sega__arcade_cabinet___mame_art_by_flinnster_dab4ste-fullview.jpg

um thats not th file m8, also its not what this is , is it .. friend, the reason is there was never any made. only the japs got it. the picture u show here is a recent fake job. of course iv seen this 1 🤦‍♂️

in Fact,  the closest we can have is this MAME Arcade - Artwork (marquee, bezel, control panel) - Wonderboy (1986  Escape/Sega license) - YouTube

now compare the fake 1 with the jap original, u see why i use the jap 1 image.png.dd70480014758cc5513b1072193bd2a6.png

13 minutes ago, Cool Coyote said:

um thats not th file m8, also its not what this is , is it .. friend, the reason is there was never any made. only the japs got it. the picture u show here is a recent fake job. of course iv seen this 1 🤦‍♂️

in Fact,  the closest we can have is this MAME Arcade - Artwork (marquee, bezel, control panel) - Wonderboy (1986  Escape/Sega license) - YouTube

now compare the fake 1 with the jap original, u see why i use the jap 1 image.png.dd70480014758cc5513b1072193bd2a6.png

i was possibly looking for this thing? hopefully somebody knewMame crt perfection (close to) - TUTO - Emulation Arcade PC Roms  Retrogaming Game Jeux Dump

Wonder Boy Arcade Cabinet MAME Gameplay w/ Hypermarquee - YouTube

17 hours ago, Cool Coyote said:

i was possibly looking for this thing? hopefully somebody knewMame crt perfection (close to) - TUTO - Emulation Arcade PC Roms  Retrogaming Game Jeux Dump

Wonder Boy Arcade Cabinet MAME Gameplay w/ Hypermarquee - YouTube

very true the original only had marquee and cpo artwork everything else is fan made so you might have to create your own since much hasn't been released artwork wise for bezels buddy unless you can live with something like this

wboy fanmade alt.jpg

wboy official.jpg

8 hours ago, Cool Coyote said:

thx m8

so thx to u guys for trying to help with bezels, seems it wont work, tried everything , i have hundreds of working bezels in my collection, so im not going to go on about it . had a go didnt work, il move on now.

3 hours ago, Cool Coyote said:

so thx to u guys for trying to help with bezels, seems it wont work, tried everything , i have hundreds of working bezels in my collection, so im not going to go on about it . had a go didnt work, il move on now.

didn't know you was having issues with bezels buddy this is my first time reading about it, my question to you is what frontend are you using to run mame games and if you do have bezels working what are the cfg file extention, the ones i use is .lay files with my bezel despite the one i sent you as it was when i downloaded it (.cfg) i convert my art to use my .lay bezel setup. if you need a mame pre setup i can send you one once i put one together if you like,just trying to help since it should be very simple,but if you have a bezel already working P.M. me the file and i will try to change the artwork to the wonderboy bezel for you  just make sure it's the same style bezel so transition will be simple and fast

9 hours ago, Houb said:

petite capture wip :

unknown.png

:)

this looks superb m8 well done nice scanlines , I may have to defect lol

13 hours ago, `kingston Ramsey said:

didn't know you was having issues with bezels buddy this is my first time reading about it, my question to you is what frontend are you using to run mame games and if you do have bezels working what are the cfg file extention, the ones i use is .lay files with my bezel despite the one i sent you as it was when i downloaded it (.cfg) i convert my art to use my .lay bezel setup. if you need a mame pre setup i can send you one once i put one together if you like,just trying to help since it should be very simple,but if you have a bezel already working P.M. me the file and i will try to change the artwork to the wonderboy bezel for you  just make sure it's the same style bezel so transition will be simple and fast

ah yes, im just using an older version of mameUI . I have also the latest version of mame but it doesnt cope too well with 'goldenTEE golf, i have some games which require a certain version of mame, more often than not, its mame186 so very old version.

• 3 semaines après...
9 hours ago, Moksi said:

Anybody that have killer instinct on mame 0.139 & have the chd to share ?   i  already tried archive org 

killer instinct appears to run better with that version

v140 is what you want. This site has the pre-packaged KI 1 & 2. Both work great: The Killer Instinct Project - Playing KI with MAME