Aller au contenu

MAME 0.269 & clones : Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator

7zxkv

Messages recommandés

• 2 semaines après...
Il y a 6 heures, Lazz a dit :

Does anyone know if it’s possible to upscale Sega model 1 games in MAME? Specially Virtua Racing to 1080p

Upscaling never be available on MAME.

DEV says iy's not a emulator but a museum for save gaming history :/

• 2 semaines après...
  • 2 semaines après...

Download MAME 0.233 Full Non-CHD Merged ROMset (38276 roms + MAME + MAME UI) [FitGirl Repack, Selective Download - from 11.7 GB] Torrent | 1337x

BUT WHY?  its not CHD the harder thing to do would be to dl a full CHD with normal smaller sized mame games.  but here it is if u want it 🤷‍♂️ 🙄

12 hours ago, Cool Coyote said:

Download MAME 0.233 Full Non-CHD Merged ROMset (38276 roms + MAME + MAME UI) [FitGirl Repack, Selective Download - from 11.7 GB] Torrent | 1337x

GOAL WHY? its not CHD the harder thing to do would be to dl a full CHD with normal smaller sized mame games. but here it is if u want it 🤷‍♂️ 🙄

Yeah I almost went for it but think I will stick with 0.229 for a long time.

I'm guessing they made some more LCD casio games work since then so don't think I'm missing out.

Hope they do that in the future though it might save me weeks of deleting "junk".

On 28/07/2021 at 9:46 AM, VirtuaTK said:

Yeah I almost went for it but think I will stick with 0.229 for a long time.

I'm guessing they made some more LCD casio games work since then so don't think I'm missing out.

Hope they do that in the future though it might save me weeks of deleting "junk".

yes, I found actually the older mames more useful just for my taste anyway, the newer mames cant use my easy scanline feature, u have to use their shit ones just my opinion and my taste thats all not saying they are wrong, but I like mine as it is , although I do use newer versions for playn kiwi golf course Kiwi Springs’ 😂 🤣golden TEE fore 2006! because its only playable on the newer mame versions. but for everything else I use Mameui64 0.171  - its the last version before they made it hard to change stuff  

il y a une heure, Cool Coyote a dit :

yes, I found actually the older mames more useful just for my taste anyway, the newer mames cant use my easy scanline feature, u have to use their shit ones just my opinion and my taste thats all not saying they are wrong, but I like mine as it is , although I do use newer versions for playn kiwi golf course Kiwi Springs’ 😂 🤣golden TEE fore 2006! because its only playable on the newer mame versions. but for everything else I use Mameui64 0.171  - its the last version before they made it hard to change stuff  

Always using latest release without problems.

I like newer because using my Xbrz filter are more easy...just select and it work.

1 hour ago, Cool Coyote said:

yes, I found actually the older mames more useful just for my taste anyway, the newer mames cant use my easy scanline feature, u have to use their shit ones just my opinion and my taste thats all not saying they are wrong, but I like mine as it is, although I do use newer versions for playn kiwi golf course Kiwi Springs'  😂 🤣 golden TEE fore 2006! because its only playable on the newer mame versions. but for everything else I use Mameui64 0.171 - its the last version before they made it hard to change stuff  

I set it up in Retroarch which is a hell of a lot of work. Took ages to find a CRT shader setup I was pretty happy with.

Lottes Multipass with hard pix set to -10. I removed curves too.

I found someone recommend this and was pleasantly surprised. Has a glow / slight blur.

Its a good compromise for me as it looks fairly legit considering it doesn't really dim brightness or go too crazy with colour saturation. Main problems with most crt shaders

If I ever update I will probably go standalone If it messes retroarch setup too much.

Matching rom set with MAME version is a headache. I used to know how to use clrmamepro but can't be bothered to learn it again,

Have yet to go through all games I regard as working or non working yet. I find the warning info you get can be inconsistently correct.

It gets me with every update there are new working and new non working games added to list.

I'm glad FB Neo core exists as some racing games like Rad racer are almost unplayable with MAME.

Modifié par VirtuaTK

56 minutes ago, Backgamon said:

Always using latest release without problems.

I like newer because using my Xbrz filter are more easy...just select and it work.

yeah for me it just doesnt look right, as i say its my preference, id be using the latest for that if i liked it .

55 minutes ago, VirtuaTK said:

I set it up in Retroarch which is a hell of a lot of work. Took ages to find a CRT shader setup I was pretty happy with.

Lottes Multipass with hard pix set to -10. I removed curves too.

I found someone recommend this and was pleasantly surprised. Has a glow / slight blur.

Its a good compromise for me as it looks fairly legit considering it doesn't really dim brightness or go too crazy with colour saturation. Main problems with most crt shaders

If I ever update I will probably go standalone If it messes retroarch setup too much.

Matching rom set with MAME version is a headache. I used to know how to use clrmamepro but can't be bothered to learn it again,

Have yet to go through all games I regard as working or non working yet. I find the warning info you get can be inconsistently correct.

It gets me with every update there are new working and new non working games added to list.

I'm glad FB Neo core exists as some racing games like Rad racer are almost unplayable with MAME.

yeah maybe if i was using rertarch id just use latest thing as it would be easier , but for me that doesnt do 'good scanlines' any justice at all, iv tried using them it looks ugly to me imo  just for me other people find it ok. iv been using mame since mid 2000 i have refined my look well, but as i say any new game that isnt playable on my older mame, i just play it on the very latest mame

2 hours ago, Cool Coyote said:

yeah maybe if i was using rertarch id just use latest thing as it would be easier, but for me that doesnt do 'good scanlines' any justice at all, iv tried using them it looks ugly to me imo just for me other people find it OK. iv been using mame since mid 2000 i have refined my look well, but as i say any new game that isnt playable on my older mame, i just play it on the very latest mame

It's all down to taste as I said for me CRT's were very bright and a bit blurry The majority of scanlines dull the picture too much IMO. Never gonna be perfect.

Have you tried Rad racer though it's terrible in MAME? As with a few others changing steering sensitivity does nothing for controllers. Probably alright with a wheel.

Modifié par VirtuaTK

first I feel I have nailed the scanlines to my memory, but you are absolutely right in that even the actual machines would differ, but yes I make my screen bright and contrasty because if u see some screens of yesteryear thats how it was, but in this differences between machines , but I can tell when bad scanlines are out of order.

sddefault.jpg

For scanlines, I've never used the built in MAME ones. I used Reshade since I can make the CRT look piece by piece - From the lines, saturation, contrast, glow, and definition can be set individually.

On 30/07/2021 at 3:43 PM, ZX3000GT1 said:

For scanlines, I've never used the built in MAME ones. I used Reshade since I can make the CRT look piece by piece - From the lines, saturation, contrast, glow, and definition can be set individually.

😤hm upload  a simple pic, m8 to show me. il compare mine   , as u say th inner 'scanline'  shaders' are shit.  reshade ay? show me

oh i googled yes not too bad, i guess that deep scanline could be a'thing' but i find a more subtle scanline works best, thats all id change a96naarqirp61.png?width=2560&format=png&

il stick to mine a higher brightness  a minor blur and scanlines subtle   but i think a big key is contrast as well   the example here above is ok, but th scanlins are too deep too 'contrived'

Modifié par Cool Coyote

for me this is a good example ,  yes the image is pretty good (this is using the 'reshade thing)BUT if u notice the jagged edges on the characters, its off- i could use this and change it in my version of mame to refine it- but u cant do that in newer mame versions. 3h85wx6yirp61.png?width=2560&format=png&auto=webp&s=aac06b9a468defc9d5534c7a13b9e363039b2359

Yeah I agree. Any mask shouldn't stand out that much really. Back in the day I wouldn't really notice the imperfections of the screen unless I looked for it.

Might be the region I'm in but I prefer pixels. Scanlines weren't all that common here that I recall. Reshade pixel options are not that good though so I settle for scanlines when using it.

• 1 mois après...
54 minutes ago, 7zxkv said:

https://www.retroroms.info/ (subscribe) and go to download via bda.

How to connect with ftp client (with username & password) in this download section ?

This site's ip addres: 203.26.211.104

This site support the ftp feature?

Modifié par NoKey

On 1/5/2022 at 12:08 AM, joe555 said:

https://github.com/briankendall/devreorder

Never new this existed I know mame did some work on controller reassigning in mame 237 or 238 also Maverick did probably the best YouTube video on how to fix but this will work for all emulator 

I use devreorder for a lot of emulators. 

Here are a few issues i have ran into...

If using the "use system wide" option this will cause Forza 5 to crash. It also causes launch box to crash if importing mame roms. You must disable devreorder before importing mame roms, or launching Forza 5

To use devreorder with Jconfig, you need to copy over the direct8.dll file that jconfig creates with the deverorder direct8.dll. It seems to work ok with Jconfig. 

I'm not sure where to put the direct8.dll for use with TP. I'm assuming where the TP exe file is, but since TP doesnt list the name of the device i'm not sure if it is actually putting the joysticks in order. 

Modifié par mamefan1

• 2 semaines après...

Here a nice new release:   

ArcCabView BGFX for MAME

And a custom MAMEUI build to work with! :)

ArcCabView MAMEUI(64) 0.245 with BGFX_Chain 2.1 by Aubrel
(ArcCabView's BGFX chain is a MOD of CRTGeom-Deluxe BGFX Chain by cgwg)

Changelog :
- aperture mask code changed to match the grill and to look like our Reshade's Shader
- support for 2x2 and 1x1 slot mask textures (auto switch)
- native frame display support (with and without curvature)
- screen reflection on frame added
- frame size setting added (so you can change the frame image and resize according to the new one)
- curvature without CRT effect added
- better overscan support and offsets support added (so now you can resize and crop your games correctly :)
- many settings and details improved
- native overlay image support added (from 1.1 the overlay image alpha value is exponential)
- improved brightness and black dots render (1.1)
- halation effect improved to catch the screen dots and to look more realistic (1.1)
- big performance improvement (1.2)
- brightness, contrast, halation, reflection and overlay adjustements (1.2a)
- half-curv & half-frame added for 2 screens games (1.3)
- small typo in reflexion code fixed, curvature effect settings slightly reduced (1.4)
- moire effect reduced, frame reflection contrast improved (1.4a)
- many things rewritten from scratch, many small issues fixed (2.0)
- even more performance improvements (2.0)
- the overall display result should be improved (2.0)
- the previous annoying moire effect issue should be now fully fixed (2.0)
- the mask texture 1x1 is now used by default (2.0)
- many default settings updated and improved (2.0)
- CRT brightness increased (2.0a)
- small cleanups, impovements and adjustements (2.1)

Nota :
The 2.x version needs previous ArcCabView's 1.x setting chains to be removed from the folder "bgfx/chains/"
(to be more clean, they are now located in the "bgfx/chains/ArcCabView/" folder)
The chain setting "ArcCabView_Dot" has been removed (this is now the default "ArcCabView" chain)
The old default chain setting is now called "ArcCabView_Mask2"

- BGFX Chains presets :
- "ArcCabView_Mask2" : it adds an alternate pixel effect (to use only with low-res games or with High-Res screens)
- "ArcCabView_ResX2" : it doubles the horizontal resolution and adds the alternate pixel effect (to use only with low-res games or with big High-Res screens)
- "ArcCabView_Flat" : it removes the curvature, the raster-bloom effect and the frame (good to use with multi-screens games)
- "ArcCabView_NoCurv" : it removes the curvature effect
- "ArcCabView_NoFrame" : it removes the screen frame
- "ArcCabView_NoCRT" : it removes the CRT effect and the overlay (but the curvature, and the frame are still enabled)
- "ArcCabView_HalfLeft,ArcCabView_HalfRight" : for 2 screens games, it will do half-curv and half-frame on each screen (artwork examples included for darius2d and warriorb)
- "ArcCabView_Neo304" : it fixes the display size for 304 pixels width NeoGeo games. Also it doubles the horizontal resolution and adds an alternate pixel effect.
- "ArcCabView_xxxx" : special game settings with overscan and offsets already set (mostly here as examples, do you own ones for other games)

The pack contains :
- ArcCabView's BGFX Chains 2.1
- A custom MAMEUI 0.245 build
- Some chain settings examples
- A few artwork examples
- Some pre-configured ini for a few games as examples

As this pack is already "set" please do a clean install!!!!
The folder "artwork/ArcCabView/" is requiered to get ArcCabView's BGFX chains working.

The custom MAMEUI(64) 0.245 build included features:
- No-Nag when "skip info" is activated (from MKChamp).
- CV1000 CPU 50% underclocked, blitter delay activated and set at 57%.
- Neogeo 304 pixels width games display fixed (hack from Arcade/FX build, doesn't work when using softlist)
- Neogeo CPU oveclocked at 16MHz (should help some games to run better)
- samsh5pf, samsh5fe and xeno (Xeno-Crisis MVS/Genesis) support added (driver and softlist)
- ffightae (Final Fight 3 players hack version) added (from HBMAME)
- halway (Progear Hack) support added (from HBMAME)
- PrimalRage2 patch applied (hack from Arcade/FX build)
- kovshp and kovshxas BGM fixed (hack from FinalBurn Neo)
- futari15bc, futariblc and futaribljc added (color hacks)
- ibaracs and ibarablkcs added (background color saturation hacks)
- xenocrisis, sksonic, sksonic2, sksonic3, jimpowern and irenademo added to megadriv softlist
- chaotixo "Sonic in Chaotix Hack Rev2" added to 32x softlist
- jimpowern added to snes softlist
- and a few other small changes...

Here what you need to set in mame's ini files (when not already done) :

#
# CORE SEARCH PATH OPTIONS
#
artpath                   artwork

#
# OSD VIDEO OPTIONS
#
video                     bgfx

#
# OSD ACCELERATED VIDEO OPTIONS
#
filter                    0
prescale                  1

#
# BGFX POST-PROCESSING OPTIONS
#
bgfx_path                 bgfx
bgfx_backend              glsl
bgfx_screen_chains        ArcCabView

For me "bgfx_backend" set to "glsl" works really better than most of the others options. 
For information the d3d9 bgfx_backend is broken with most CRT shaders (don't use it).

For example: 
-To use the shader without the curvature effect you can set instead in the ini file(s) :
bgfx_screen_chains        ArcCabView_NoCurv
-To use the shader without the CRT effect you can set instead in the ini file(s) :
bgfx_screen_chains        ArcCabView_NoCRT
-To use the shader on multi-screens games you can set instead in the ini file(s) :
bgfx_screen_chains        ArcCabView_Flat,ArcCabView_Flat,ArcCabView_Flat

Enjoy!

Info / Support : http://www.emuline.org/topic/2598-arccabview-display-your-arcade-games-just-as-you-want/

Ready to use ArcCabView pack with the custom MAMEUI 0.245 included (do a clean install and use the full archive content) :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/15crc7p0f7jb30q/ArcCabView_MAMEUI64_0.245_BGFX_Chain_2.1.7z/file

ArcCabView BGFX Shader only (to use with any recent MAME versions) :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lciemwdbz2su972/ArcCabView_MAME_BGFX_Chain_2.1.7z/file

Here how it looks :

halfway.png

darius.png

ibaracs.png

samsh5pf.png

Enjoy!! 😎

Modifié par Houb

• The title was changed to MAME 0.241 & clones
  • The sujet was pinned
  • 1 mois après...

If anyone needs the DoDonPachi SaiDaiOuJou (2012/ 4/20) (Cave 2012 rom, which is missing in the full set downloads, I have it, just message me if you need it and I will send it to you.

• The title was changed to MAME 0.242 & clones
  • The title was changed to MAME 0.243 & clones
  • 4 semaines après...