Aller au contenu

Lightguns for Arcade games TP, Jconf etc

drguild

Messages recommandés

5 minutes ago, tommiegunz said:

I use dolphin bar and wiimotes for all my lightgun games 

Hows the compatabiliyty and accuracy with those I read they its a bit flakey etc.

Also whats the setup like?

Would love a aimtrack but expensivce so have to come later and cant exactly afford two of those.

2 hours ago, drguild said:

Hows the compatabiliyty and accuracy with those I read they its a bit flakey etc.

Would love a aimtrack but expensivce so have to come later and cant exactly afford two of those.

I use GUN4IR. Complete line-of-sight accuracy and really easy to set up with TP. 

For other things (like JConfig) it is straight forward to setup but can be a bit trickier if you want to set up two working guns (you usually need Demulshooter to get it to work).

I would avoid Aimtrack if I were you; you'll only be disappointed.

• Team
il y a 34 minutes, oddeye45 a dit :

I use GUN4IR. Complete line-of-sight accuracy and really easy to set up with TP. 

For other things (like JConfig) it is straight forward to setup but can be a bit trickier if you want to set up two working guns (you usually need Demulshooter to get it to work).

Agree ! oh yes I had an Aimtrack and i was disappointed too, I bought 2 Sinden Lightgun to test, it is on the way, hope I will not disappointed with this.

4 hours ago, oddeye45 said:

Tell me more about this Gun4IR stuff, had a quick look online.

I'm probably one of the only people on Planet Earth still using a EMS Top Gun 3 because the drivers for it were not meant to work past Windows Vista but I'm using it on Windows 10. Had to permanently disable digital driver reenforcement through command prompt and to do that I had to disable secure boot on my laptop. That's why I can't update to Windows 11 because you can't disable secure boot on Windows 11. 

I use the Dolphin bar and Wiimote mainly because there is virtually no set up and I have a ton of different wii gun attachments. Got a machine gun with recoil thats pretty great for House of the Dead 4 and Scarlet Dawn. I think Sindens are better but I've been using the Wiimotes for so long I guess I'm used to them.

To be honest I think most people play lightgun games with a mouse. Almost all the youtube vids showing Scarlet Dawn are played this way or with a controller. I can't see the point in that at all. Dolphin bars are pretty cheap and Wimotes cost nothing.

The Gun4IR looks interesting. I might have to explore that at some point.

Modifié par dan76

1 hour ago, JustinCredible81 said:

That's why I can't update to Windows 11 because you can't disable secure boot on Windows 11. 

Step-by-step plan to bypass Windows 11 system requirements with a clean installation

Create a USB stick with Windows 11 through Microsoft's Media Creation Tool.
Boot from this USB stick.
After a few steps you will receive a message in the set-up that your PC does not meet the system requirements.

Now press Shift+F10 to open a command prompt and open the registry editor by typing regedit followed by enter.

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup.
Right click on Setup and choose New -> Key.

Name this key LabConfig.
Open the newly created key and create two DWORD values within LabConfig.

Call them BypassTPMCheck and BypassSecureBootCheck.

Adjust the value of both values from 0 to 1.
Close regedit and the command prompt.

Go one step back in the setup and then one step forward. Setup will now continue as if your PC meets the system requirements.

Step-by-step plan to circumvent system requirements Windows 11 with an upgrade
Open the registry editor by typing regedit in the start menu.

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup.
Create a DWORD value called AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU.

Set the value to 1.
Run the setup executable from the USB stick.

You will receive a message during setup that you are installing Windows 11 on unsupported hardware, but you can then continue.

Invité tommiegunz
14 hours ago, drguild said:

here is me using wiimote to play game with dolphin bar

Modifié par tommiegunz

Invité tommiegunz
5 hours ago, dan76 said:

I use the Dolphin bar and Wiimote mainly because there is virtually no set up and I have a ton of different wii gun attachments. Got a machine gun with recoil thats pretty great for House of the Dead 4 and Scarlet Dawn. I think Sindens are better but I've been using the Wiimotes for so long I guess I'm used to them.

To be honest I think most people play lightgun games with a mouse. Almost all the youtube vids showing Scarlet Dawn are played this way or with a controller. I can't see the point in that at all. Dolphin bars are pretty cheap and Wimotes cost nothing.

The Gun4IR looks interesting. I might have to explore that at some point.

hey buddy do yo0u have a link for the wii machine gun with recoil i bben looking for a decent gun for the wii for awhile now since i lost my attachments in a recent moving

44 minutes ago, tommiegunz said:

hey buddy do yo0u have a link for the wii machine gun with recoil i bben looking for a decent gun for the wii for awhile now since i lost my attachments in a recent moving

Sorry I don't. I grabbed it off eBay a while back. The guy selling it didn't even realise it took batteries and had recoil. To be honest it gets a bit annoying :D. 

Edit: I just noticed your vid above. You can get a better frame rate by altering the engine.ini. I posted settings in the Scarlet Dawn thread. 

Modifié par dan76

9 hours ago, drguild said:

Tell me more about this Gun4IR stuff, had a quick look online.

You build an IR gun using whatever your favourite gun shells are (I've built two using G-con 45, one with Guncon 2 and two with Top Shot Elite) and then the software is running on the gun via an Arduino. You do need four IR LEDs around the screen and then that's it. All of the processing is done on the Arduino so there is no using up resources from the PC, no need for a border etc. and you get perfect line of sight.

If you look up some of the videos on YouTube you'll see various different approaches to this. The downside is that you have to build it yourself so if you don't like that sort of thing then I would suggest the AE lightgun. 

Personally, I preferred building it myself as I could customise it the way I wanted (including how many buttons and where the buttons are located) and I can repair anything that goes wrong myself. I haven't used the AE lightgun myself but it looks to work in a very similar way to the Gun4IR. I had originally ordered some Sindens but I was put off by the bezels, the fact that two instances of the software have to run if you want two player and the processing is done by your PC so I felt that may impact on performance for my machine. Other than that, again, they look pretty good in terms of accuracy etc but I went with Gun4IR because I could have whatever guns I wanted.

I have just ordered the Official arcade Point Blank guns (with recoil) and the House of the Dead 4 arcade Uzi's and I will convert those for use with Gun4IR. If you look at Gustav's channel he gives a good idea of what can be done with the system:

Lost World: Jurassic Park (Sega Model 3/SuperModel) GUN4IR system - YouTube

8 hours ago, Onkel said:

Step-by-step plan to bypass Windows 11 system requirements with a clean installation

Boot from this USB stick.
After a few steps you will receive a message in the set-up that your PC does not meet the system requirements.

Now press Shift+F10 to open a command prompt and open the registry editor by typing regedit followed by enter.

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup.
Right click on Setup and choose New -> Key.

Name this key LabConfig.
Open the newly created key and create two DWORD values within LabConfig.

Call them BypassTPMCheck and BypassSecureBootCheck.

Adjust the value of both values from 0 to 1.
Close regedit and the command prompt.

Go one step back in the setup and then one step forward. Setup will now continue as if your PC meets the system requirements.

Step-by-step plan to circumvent system requirements Windows 11 with an upgrade
Open the registry editor by typing regedit in the start menu.

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup.
Create a DWORD value called AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU.

Set the value to 1.
Run the setup executable from the USB stick.

You will receive a message during setup that you are installing Windows 11 on unsupported hardware, but you can then continue.

Good to know, I'll bookmark this for future reference. But right now I'm just trying to avoid Windows updates which takes a few different steps and to make extra sure I delay the download a few weeks then delay it again when the date comes back up after a few weeks, have it as a reminder. 

• 4 semaines après...
On 1/11/2022 at 9:37 AM, tommiegunz said:

I use dolphin bar and wiimotes for all my lightgun games 

same here  cause i have over 110 wii games  and i can use it with mame, demul emulator, psx emulator, ps2 emulator, snex emulator & TP Along with demulshooter 

i simply love it and its Accuracy is not bad 🧐

• 1 an après...
  • 2 semaines après...
  • 1 mois après...
Am 9.5.2023 um 2:52 AM schrieb Trihy:

Try lichtknarre if you use wiimotes.

It will give better accuracy. And dont need a dolphin bar. Just any IR bar.

You could also do a 4IR Setup with "lichtknarre" now. You could even use your GUN4IR Led-setup. Very accurate. Lichtknarre has a mouse and a vJoy plugin. works with every emulator

Modifié par bruteX

On 1/11/2022 at 8:15 AM, maximus69 said:

i use sinden lightgun , no problem with teknoparrot

I agree 100000000%....long lasting....well made...very uiversal and easy to setup and use....plus anything that the firmware can be updated is well worth any price...because that is the future....

Modifié par lords

I use a wii sensor bar and wiimote with touchmote. It is quite enough to play with a sight, and without a sight you can only play some wii games with calibration.

There is a program Lichtknarre with which you can make accurate aiming using 4 diodes, but I'm too lazy to bother.

Modifié par dante3732

On 6/24/2023 at 7:47 AM, dante3732 said:

I use a wii sensor bar and wiimote with touchmote. It is quite enough to play with a sight, and without a sight you can only play some wii games with calibration.

There is a program Lichtknarre with which you can make accurate aiming using 4 diodes, but I'm too lazy to bother.

For touchmote use the builds here https://github.com/simphax/Touchmote/issues/65

Has better sight and with a little tweaking to settings.json you can turn off sight in some games.

Modifié par Trihy