Aller au contenu

ArcCabView + PinCabView : Display your arcade games just as you want!

Houb

Messages recommandés

Can someone help with setting up Crossy Road Arcade? I adjusted the resolution in windows registry so that its windowed and fits within my screen. I copied v2 of arcadecabview into the game folder, ran the launcher and I get a failed/error after the launcher tests.

I then copied ReShadeMod32.dll from the arcadecabview folder, renamed to opengl32 and placed into the root of the game folder. When I launch the game and press home reshade now pops up but there are no presets, shaders, etc... loaded to select anything.

All I'm looking to do is center and stretch the game to be in the center of my screen, remove the "window" that windows puts around the game window, and add a bezel. Maybe someone can set it up and shade the files?

Il y a 2 heures, bojo5150 a dit :

Can someone help with setting up Crossy Road Arcade? I adjusted the resolution in windows registry so that its windowed and fits within my screen. I copied v2 of arcadecabview into the game folder, ran the launcher and I get a failed/error after the launcher tests.

I then copied ReShadeMod32.dll from the arcadecabview folder, renamed to opengl32 and placed into the root of the game folder. When I launch the game and press home reshade now pops up but there are no presets, shaders, etc... loaded to select anything.

All I'm looking to do is center and stretch the game to be in the center of my screen, remove the "window" that windows puts around the game window, and add a bezel. Maybe someone can set it up and shade the files?

You have to copy reshade.ini and put it in your game root folder too :) 

3 hours ago, Houb said:

You have to copy reshade.ini and put it in your game root folder too :) 

Thanks for your response Houb! I copied the reshade ini into the game folder and reshade does work now however I'm really struggling to get the results I'm looking for. 

Since the game window is set in the registry, reshade seems to only impact the game window meaning the effects of reshade only occur within the game window and the bezel, frame, etc cannot be seen outside of it. In the registry I have the game set to 1100x700. If I set it to 1920x1080 the game stretches to the game window and reshade is not able to modify the games scale. Screenshot below.

1100x700

image.png.a0b367f521e0060be290d19abe4f4ada.png

1920x1080:

image.png.524c17a717b1d8f8b56574ae934d9514.png

In here I was demonstrating that "In Game advanced effects" only shrinks/expands the game viewport and not the actual game area.

Any suggestions as to how to configure this one? You can see the bezels TV frame on the edges but when I shrink/expand it you can only see result within the game window and obviously I want to display it to cover up the rest of MS Windows in the background.

Hello,

Now that I have a new pc I can start working in earnest with this application.  I want to use this with Sega Model 2 emulator.  Add shaders and add bezel, both of which are possible going by the instructions on page 1.  So should I extract the entire 'ArcCabView_ReShade_Launcher_generic_2.6' file into my folder where my Sega Model 2 exe is located?  And later on, if I want to use arccabview for yet another emulator, let's say sega model 3, I should repeat that exact step and extract 'ArcCabView_ReShade_Launcher_generic_2.6' into the folder where my model 3 exe is located?  

Thank you

Il y a 1 heure, Morris Schaffer a dit :

Hello,

Now that I have a new pc I can start working in earnest with this application.  I want to use this with Sega Model 2 emulator.  Add shaders and add bezel, both of which are possible going by the instructions on page 1.  So should I extract the entire 'ArcCabView_ReShade_Launcher_generic_2.6' file into my folder where my Sega Model 2 exe is located?  And later on, if I want to use arccabview for yet another emulator, let's say sega model 3, I should repeat that exact step and extract 'ArcCabView_ReShade_Launcher_generic_2.6' into the folder where my model 3 exe is located?  

Thank you

now you can extract the archive where you want and run the launcher from a single place for all your games. Just don't move it later.

1 hour ago, Houb said:

now you can extract the archive where you want and run the launcher from a single place for all your games. Just don't move it later.

It's still somewhat daunting I'm sorry to say. :)    At one point there was a drop down menu showing a lot of games, so I typed my own game in there, which is the model 2 shooter Virtua Cop and clicked ok.  Would I need to do this for every single game separately?  Or are you basically modifying the emulator exe only, meaning any game you load with that emulator would automatically have the new features like shaders and bezels?  

From where would I be applying a bezel and choosing a shader?

Sorry I know there is a lot of info on page 1, but if I can just figure it out for one specific emulator, then I'm sure I can replicate the process for other emulators.

Hi any help please?  I can start Virtua Cop and when I press the home key, the reshade window pops up.  I downloaded a specific bezel, renamed it to bezel, the extension is png and saved it in the Textures folder.  There was already a generic bezel.png file in there so I deleted that one.  I have two challenges now.  In the reshade window under settings I've no idea how to import any shaders nor do I know how to activate the bezel.

When I look in all the arccabview folders I don't see a folder that contains lots of shader options so perhaps there is nothing to import?  You can see in the screenshot that it is showing a Virtua Cop preset, and the tutorial says this screen is where one would import/find/select shader options.  but there is nothing here.

I have windows 11 64 bit should it matter.  Thank you.

IMG_20221222_113758.jpg

Just launch the launcher, select you emu exe, put a command line if any.

As most probably it won't be a known exe then when asked put the name of your emu and reply the few config questions.

That's all. for the textures, put your bezel in the "\ArcCabView\Textures\TheNameYouGaveAbove\bezel.png"

do that for every games or emus you want to add. (If the game/emu is in the known list everything should be set already).

56 minutes ago, Houb said:

As most probably it won't be a known exe then when asked put the name of your emu and reply the few config questions.

That's all. for the textures, put your bezel in the "\ArcCabView\Textures\TheNameYouGaveAbove\bezel.png"

do that for every games or emus you want to add. (If the game/emu is in the known list everything should be set already).

Ok will try again.  Thanks

4 hours ago, Houb said:

Hi I got the bezel to work so real happy about that. I can also add the CRT effect, but I was wondering whether additional shaders such as fakelottes and/crt royale and the likes can be chosen or imported?  As you see in the screenshot, in the crt effect settings I can only choose 3 options in the drop down menu.  In addition, would it be possible to reduce the scanlines themselves, like the thickness?  The image is just a tad blocky.  Thanks

IMG_20221222_173301.jpg

• 2 semaines après...

Hi Houb! I have been using ArcCabView for a while, mainly for forcing some games to a lower resolution, as I use a 15khz crt.

I also use Crt guns, and they need a flash in the shoot moment to work properly. Investigated a little about this and I don't find a way to do an external flasher that work with fullscreen games. (increase brightness on button press for x ms and after return to normal brightness).

I was wondering if that feature could be done with ArcCabView as it allows change brightness and works in any game even fullscreen.

I would do it myself if you can give me some clue.

Thanks

Personally; I stripped this down to 2 folders
"Shaders" >Containing the ArcadeCabView.fx
"Textures" >Containing Its contents and any extra system bezels I want.

Then I install reshade normally + any additional presets etc. 
Test it first.
Then drag and drop these folders into it. 

Select ArcadeCabView from the list and configure. 

For me its more universal and simple this way if you want just simple crt effects with a system bezel. I use CRTFakeLotts and ArcadeCabView ... Thats me tho.  

@phasermaniac Sorry but no I don't know how it could be done...

@KNIGHTMARE077 ArcCabView is mainly a shader so yes you can use it with reshade just like any other shader.

The launcher is only here to get things more friendly as it allows usesr to install reshade (and dgvoodoo if needed) directly without having to know if the game uses opengl, directx or vulkan (it detects itself, something the reshade installer doesn't) and more than that, for more than 130 games it sets the shader itself and fixes somethime a few things. Also the launcher allows user to run games in portrait or landscape mode and can force the ratio and the resolution of many games.

But yep the launcher is just a bonus :)

• The sujet was featured
  • 2 semaines après...

Trying to use this with SDVX EXCEED GEAR, which requires a D3D9to12 compatibility layer to run on some AMD systems.

Can't get this program to work and properly detect the hook, but I'm guessing the 'custom' ReShade DLLs are built on an older version? Proper D3D9to12 support didn't come until ReShade 5.4 around 5 months ago. Any chance of implementing any updates on the ReShade side of things?

I know I could just use ReShade alone with the custom shader at this point, but I'd really like the game window rotation without display rotation, which I think is part of the 'Launcher' bit of the program? 

Modifié par retroNUC

@Houb

Thank you for this great tool :)

How can i use with Sega Lindbergh games in TeknoParrot? (they have no exe files, only elf)

Have anyone a preconfigured ArcCabView for it and want to share it?

My display resolution is 1920x1080 and i want to play 4:3 games with bezel enabled.

Modifié par PolybiusExtreme

Hello, thank you all for what you do, I have a question, my Battle Gear 4 is currently set to 4:3 with dgvoodoo 2.78. on a 1080 screen, and as it is, it's the way I like it the most graphically, although I would like to put bezels on the sides, I've tried putting arcabview, and it puts the perfect bezels but I don't like how the image looks, also that the cars look dull as cars shine little, my question is, for this and other games in which it happens to me, is it possible to use arcabview only for the placement of the bezels, the curvature, but without treatment or changes in filters from image? And if it's not possible, is there any of the available presets that could work for this game? thank you

Modifié par Mack1234

Il y a 1 heure, Mack1234 a dit :

Hello, thank you all for what you do, I have a question, my Battle Gear 4 is currently set to 4:3 with dgvoodoo 2.78. on a 1080 screen, and as it is, it's the way I like it the most graphically, although I would like to put bezels on the sides, I've tried putting arcabview, and it puts the perfect bezels but I don't like how the image looks, also that the cars look dull as cars shine little, my question is, for this and other games in which it happens to me, is it possible to use arcabview only for the placement of the bezels, the curvature, but without treatment or changes in filters from image? And if it's not possible, is there any of the available presets that could work for this game? thank you

It should look the same... There is no real special treatment. can you put some screenshots in full size? (with and without ArcCabView)

• The title was changed to ArcCabView + PinCabView : Display your arcade games just as you want!

I don't know if I have not explained myself well or it is a matter of the translator, my question is? Could there be a 4:3 setting that only bends the image but does not give any treatment to the image? I don't know, any preset or tell me how I could do it, because when I try it with battlegear 4 to only set the bezels, since I have it at 4:3, it always asks me to use a preset of preset games, and I don't like how they look. thank you

• 3 semaines après...

Has anyone configured Openbor with Arcabview?
I do not get the desired result, I would like to have it with the correct aspect ratio in 4:3, with openbor standard bezel 1920x1080, is it possible? I can only get the crt frame to come out at 1080, with perfect shader and curvature, but it has the two black stripes on the sides where I would like the bezel, is there any preset on it? I have no problems with 16:9, it's only with 4:3, would I have to configure something in-game first? because I have tried many variables and it does not work out, thanks

Il y a 1 heure, Mack1234 a dit :

Has anyone configured Openbor with Arcabview?
I do not get the desired result, I would like to have it with the correct aspect ratio in 4:3, with openbor standard bezel 1920x1080, is it possible? I can only get the crt frame to come out at 1080, with perfect shader and curvature, but it has the two black stripes on the sides where I would like the bezel, is there any preset on it? I have no problems with 16:9, it's only with 4:3, would I have to configure something in-game first? because I have tried many variables and it does not work out, thanks

There is already 2 "native" Openbor game settings in the release. Just check them ;)

Thanks for your answer, but there are not two, there are three, Fight night, marvel and sor, I already used them but it remains with the TV frame in 16:9 and the two black side bands are still visible, and that is not what I want , I want to be able to put the bezel and the tv frame in 4:3.

photo_2023-03-12_16-59-30.jpg.4a07d11e07eab924c01e7d3913a19b23.jpg

Modifié par Mack1234

Il y a 3 heures, Mack1234 a dit :

Thanks for your answer, but there are not two, there are three, Fight night, marvel and sor, I already used them but it remains with the TV frame in 16:9 and the two black side bands are still visible, and that is not what I want , I want to be able to put the bezel and the tv frame in 4:3.

photo_2023-03-12_16-59-30.jpg.4a07d11e07eab924c01e7d3913a19b23.jpg

Same answer as the one I gave to Safur a few posts above : check the 2nd post of this thread....

Your game appears to be centered on your screen with something like a 4:3 ratio, Right?

So put 4:3 or the exact size (1440x1080 for example) of the display in "center locked ratio" ;)

Again this is the very basics to use CRTGeomMOD or ArcCabView... Take the time to show the video I sent, the demo with "Xeno Fighters R" will give you many answers.

Modifié par Houb

Il y a 2 heures, Houb a dit :

Same answer as the one I gave to Safur a few posts above : check the 2nd post of this thread....

Your game appears to be centered on your screen with something like a 4:3 ratio, Right?

So put 4:3 or the exact size (1440x1080 for example) of the display in "center locked ratio" ;)

Again this is the very basics to use CRTGeomMOD or ArcCabView... Take the time to show the video I sent, the demo with "Xeno Fighters R" will give you many answers.

Thank you very much, I'll look at it