Aller au contenu

ArcCabView + PinCabView : Display your arcade games just as you want!

Houb

Messages recommandés

Il y a 9 heures, Safur a dit :

Je ne vois pas où j'ai pu faire une erreur...

EDIT: finalement j'ai pris l'ancienne version (ArcCabView_1.1a_generic) et ça fonctionne. J'ai tout de même mis le jeu en 1080p pour que ça puisse marcher.

C'est relativement incroyable et complètement idiot... En plus tu dis "ca marche pas", avec un jeu qui marche très bien et sans plus d'info alors on sait vraiment pas ce que tu fais...

1.1a n'a aucun intérêt, c'est juste une version obsolète sans launcher, si tu veux pas utiliser le launcher tu peux faire pareil avec la 2.6, je vois aucun intérêt de prendre la 1.1a (ni aucune version antérieure d'ailleurs).

PS : At this time I tested more than 200 differents games with 2.6, nearly 100 are already set and ready to run. So far, in more than a year, I didn't found any real issue with the launcher. It does all the time what it should.

It's not magic: if you try to force ArcCabView to run a game in 1080p and in the meantime you force the game to run in 480p of course you may get issues... But in that case the issue is not the launcher ;)

So for someone trying to understand what he does and approx how it works I think everything runs fine ;)

The only thing that will be probably updated later is the ability to send a "Game Name" to the same exe (like an emulators for example) to be able to use different configs/presets/textures for each games, and also the shader will be updated too with the changes I made last weeks for PinCabView. But without any "real issue" reported I think that's all :)

Modifié par Houb

Le 12/05/2023 à 18:29, Houb a dit :

C'est relativement incroyable et complètement idiot... En plus tu dis "ca marche pas", avec un jeu qui marche très bien et sans plus d'info alors on sait vraiment pas ce que tu fais...

1.1a n'a aucun intérêt, c'est juste une version obsolète sans launcher, si tu veux pas utiliser le launcher tu peux faire pareil avec la 2.6, je vois aucun intérêt de prendre la 1.1a (ni aucune version antérieure d'ailleurs).

Les infos données sont simples pourtant. Comme expliqué j'ai d'abord suivi les explications en 1ère page et ça m'a mis l'erreur. Du coup j'ai suivi le tuto en vidéo et pareil même erreur.

J'ai testé aussi pour Lindbergh et pareil même erreur et j'ai suivi là aussi ta vidéo. J'ai tout essayé (le launcher dans différents dossiers, le jeu en 1080 ou  résolution d'origine) et ça ne marche pas... sauf avec l'ancienne version 1.1a.

Il y a 3 heures, Safur a dit :

Les infos données sont simples pourtant. Comme expliqué j'ai d'abord suivi les explications en 1ère page et ça m'a mis l'erreur. Du coup j'ai suivi le tuto en vidéo et pareil même erreur.

J'ai testé aussi pour Lindbergh et pareil même erreur et j'ai suivi là aussi ta vidéo. J'ai tout essayé (le launcher dans différents dossiers, le jeu en 1080 ou  résolution d'origine) et ça ne marche pas... sauf avec l'ancienne version 1.1a.

il y a pas de launcher à la version 1.1a alors je vois pas comment ca pourrait marcher mieux...

La seule solution avec la 1.1a c'est de prendre la bonne dll et de la mettre à coté de l'exe en la renommant correctement et tu peux faire ca aussi avec la version 2.6 si t'arrive pas à faire fonctionner le launcher (faudra juste aussi déplacer en plus reshade.ini). Je vois pas trop où est l'avantage de prendre la version 1.1a qui a un shader moins performant...

Et en plus de ca le launcher marche tres bien avec ce jeu, sans rien avoir à toucher, que ce soit en direct ou avec TP...

Donc je vois pas l’intérêt de faire une vidéo tuto pour ça (surtout que ce con de jeu me supprime mon pointeur de souris à chaque fois...)

Le seul truc c'est que comme ce jeu utilise déjà reshade pour les pointeurs faudra ajouter le shader à ArcCabView mais ca c'est plus le problème du launcher... Et si t'as quelques notions de comment on utilise ReShade ca prend 2 secondes à l'ajouter.

Modifié par Houb

Hello Houb, thank you so much for creating this... it absolutely amazing and exactly what I need for my arcade cabinet which is using an OLED TV in portrait mode to play games in 4:3 aspect ratio (much of the TV is hidden in the marquee area and below the control panel.  For non-Mame games this will be critical since all the games display in the middle of the TV by default, which is partially obstructed by the cabinet!  I haven't set this up yet, but I'm grateful to have a solution for this problem. THANK YOU!

I do have an issue/request with the Mame BGFX you created.

I spent a lot of time adjusting CRT Geom Deluxe BGFX in Mame to look almost identical to my CRT arcade monitor.

I'm unable to get the ArcCabView BGFX for Mame to look the way I want.  It exposes very few slider settings in Mame, it seems like much of the parameters are hard coded.  (For example, I find that blacks don't look black, they look grayish and I'm unable to change it with any setting)

I would really love to have the frame and frame reflection effects combined with CRT Geom Deluxe or expose the same settings that CRT Geom Deluxe has in Mame.

The frame/reflection effect is absolutely INCREDIBLE and really creates the perfect illusion.

Is there some way I can get this effect by itself in MAME without any other processing, or expose the same parameters in ArcCabView that CRT Geom Deluxe has?

Would you consider creating a Mame BGFX for just the frame/reflection itself?  From there I know how to integrate that into the chain passes of CRT Geom Deluxe so that it would work. Or perhaps you can share the source code for the BGFX again?  (I see that you shared v1.3 in the past)
Perhaps I can modify it to suit my needs and compile it.
I hope you are not offended by my request, your work is incredible.  Thank you again!

Il y a 6 heures, Kaizen777 a dit :

Hello Houb, thank you so much for creating this... it absolutely amazing and exactly what I need for my arcade cabinet which is using an OLED TV in portrait mode to play games in 4:3 aspect ratio (much of the TV is hidden in the marquee area and below the control panel.  For non-Mame games this will be critical since all the games display in the middle of the TV by default, which is partially obstructed by the cabinet!  I haven't set this up yet, but I'm grateful to have a solution for this problem. THANK YOU!

I do have an issue/request with the Mame BGFX you created.

I spent a lot of time adjusting CRT Geom Deluxe BGFX in Mame to look almost identical to my CRT arcade monitor.

I'm unable to get the ArcCabView BGFX for Mame to look the way I want.  It exposes very few slider settings in Mame, it seems like much of the parameters are hard coded.  (For example, I find that blacks don't look black, they look grayish and I'm unable to change it with any setting)

I would really love to have the frame and frame reflection effects combined with CRT Geom Deluxe or expose the same settings that CRT Geom Deluxe has in Mame.

The frame/reflection effect is absolutely INCREDIBLE and really creates the perfect illusion.

Is there some way I can get this effect by itself in MAME without any other processing, or expose the same parameters in ArcCabView that CRT Geom Deluxe has?

Would you consider creating a Mame BGFX for just the frame/reflection itself?  From there I know how to integrate that into the chain passes of CRT Geom Deluxe so that it would work. Or perhaps you can share the source code for the BGFX again?  (I see that you shared v1.3 in the past)
Perhaps I can modify it to suit my needs and compile it.
I hope you are not offended by my request, your work is incredible.  Thank you again!

You can change all the variable values in "bgfx\effects\ArcCabView\ArcCabView.json"

I didn't put many of them in the UI because they are too many and they are mostly used only to match your global personnal settings/preferences.

So changing these values here will change the display result of all your games using ArcCabView BGFX chain :)

8 hours ago, Houb said:

You can change all the variable values in "bgfx\effects\ArcCabView\ArcCabView.json"

I didn't put many of them in the UI because they are too many and they are mostly used only to match your global personal settings/preferences.

So changing these values here will change the display result of all your games using ArcCabView BGFX chain:)

LOL Houb!  I can't believe I missed that!!  This is what sleep deprivation does.  =D   You are amazing thank you so much!

13 hours ago, Houb said:

I didn't put many of them in the UI because they are too many and they are mostly used only to match your global personnal settings/preferences.

So changing these values here will change the display result of all your games using ArcCabView BGFX chain :)

Ok, I tried that and I still can't get it right.  Something is causing the blacks to be gray.  Also you do run the passes differently than CRT Geom Deluxe, not sure what all you changed internally.  Would you be willing to share the source?  I'm just interested in getting my setup the way I want it.  Thank you!

Il y a 5 heures, Kaizen777 a dit :

Ok, I tried that and I still can't get it right.  Something is causing the blacks to be gray.  Also you do run the passes differently than CRT Geom Deluxe, not sure what all you changed internally.  Would you be willing to share the source?  I'm just interested in getting my setup the way I want it.  Thank you!

The code is the same as the one put in the reshade shader.

Just a few weeks ago I helped Victor74 to use PinCabView on VPForum and the source code of the PinCabView launchers were available in the releases. A few days later the Youtuber "Virtual Pinball Gameplay" posted video of PinCabView running ProPinball games in pinball cabinet mode but without any mention of PinCabView and asked people to contact him for more info. Then interrested guys got the email of Victor74 pinballvirtual@rex-arcade.com who asked money for a just renamed PinCabView package....

image.png

After some requests Virtual Pinball Gameplay finally updated the title and description of these 3 videos but too late unfortunately and I fear many guys were scammed already...

So sorry but I gave the 1.3 sources, The actual reshade shader sources are available (they can't be hidden), and for my part it's enough ;)

Modifié par Houb

With old reshade (1.1a):

Supermodel2023-05-1910-58-05.png.ad54958b2e12f67548a85e59536ddef9.png

Supermodel2023-05-1916-40-16.png.1270ed8dddb7a61b99f419eca54b71e7.png

With new reshade (2.6):

Supermodel2023-05-1910-57-16.png.a8d26c63c782060ff51e9ebb42c5cd90.png

Supermodel2023-05-1916-35-55.png.9ddbdbb5246cd899239eae457e8766fb.png

I tried to change all settings but nothing change.

With the last one the CRT effect is too much visible and the game seems to be very pixelated. How to reduce it in order to have the same effect as the previous one please?

Modifié par Safur

Le 17/05/2023 à 02:10, Kaizen777 a dit :

Here an updated version with "black brightness" settings ;)

Edit: updated again to 2.2d with a bloom fix

https://www.mediafire.com/file/71eylbzx8oom5ji/ArcCabView_MAME_BGFX_Chain_2.2d.7z/file

There is also a new ResY_Factor option.

For example with ResY_Factor set at 0 it will divide by 2 the Y resolution of the CRT effect and you can get something like that :

Image22c.png

(set at 2 the Y resolution will be doubled)

PS : All "special setting" chains can be removed as latest MAME builds save now the shader settings.

Enjoy ;)

Modifié par Houb

• 2 semaines après...
  • 2 semaines après...
4 horas atrás, Houb disse:

Why?? There is nothing better in 1.1a nor any regression with the last version so use it.

Hello Houb, yes I know that version 2 is much better, but in my project version 1.x fits better, I already did the tests and version 1 in this specific project was much better, could you make version 1.1 available? thanks.

Il y a 8 heures, mutleey a dit :

Hello Houb, yes I know that version 2 is much better, but in my project version 1.x fits better, I already did the tests and version 1 in this specific project was much better, could you make version 1.1 available? thanks.

what's this specific project and how can it be much better?

• 2 mois après...

OMG!  I never got a notification that you posted this, in May!  AARGGHHH!!!!
Thank you SO MUCH for doing this!  I didn't know you were going to.

Guess what I did?  Not knowing you were going to do this, I went nuts coding on my own.
I learned how to compile BGFX and made a MAME shader that was based on the original Crt Geom Deluxe and used part of your older Bezel reflection code to make my own implementation.  It was a nightmare and took me a lot of time!
But heck, it was fun.  I learned many things in the process.
I also made a few mods to MAME and made a custom build.
I look forward to trying this out.  I wish I had seen it before I did what I did, but oh well!  🤣🤣🤣

On 5/20/2023 at 3:14 PM, Houb said:

Here an updated version with "black brightness" settings ;)

Edit: updated again to 2.2d with a bloom fix

https://www.mediafire.com/file/71eylbzx8oom5ji/ArcCabView_MAME_BGFX_Chain_2.2d.7z/file

There is also a new ResY_Factor option.

For example with ResY_Factor set at 0 it will divide by 2 the Y resolution of the CRT effect and you can get something like that :

Image22c.png

(set at 2 the Y resolution will be doubled)

PS : All "special setting" chains can be removed as latest MAME builds save now the shader settings.

Enjoy ;)

• 1 mois après...

Hello, I've been using your tool for a few years now and am extremely happy with the results.  Thank you for your awesome work!  However, recently I decided to switch one of my arcade emulators to Groovy Mame instead of regular Mame to stop hearing the sound skipping I hear in a lot of Mame games.  I downloaded the ArcCabView package you have available and installed it into the Groovy Mame bgfx folder.  Many of the older Groovy Mame games looked fine after the installation, but the majority of the games are now skewed to the right side of the screen by approximately 3 inches.  How can I fix this?  I've attached some examples of what I am talking about.  I tried presssing Tab and then using Groovy Mame's sliders, but it seems the right side of the screen is actually already being truncated at the source, even in "Default" view, so adjusting the sliders doesn't make a difference, because the right side of the source is not even showing up.  What I mean is, the source screen is already cut off on the right side, so moving the screen to the left doesn't matter because it remains cut off after movement.  When I select "None", the screen is not moved over to the right and the screen is not being truncated.  The view of "None" makes the screen appear correctly.

20231001_195934.jpg

20231001_195832.jpg

20231001_195757.jpg

Modifié par snokijum

• 1 mois après...

Hi Houb,

I am using your tool for my custom cabinet and it's fantastic!

Something strange is that somehow now the game only launch on the top left instead of full screen in my previous computer.

I went to the config file from Aleste and setup 1 for full screen but it's still going top left.

I tried to change the settings in arcab view like in your "read me" file but no luck (I can only change things in the top left corner..).

Is there a special command I need to add for full screen? I would be grateful for any help, have a nice day.

thumbnail_IMG_2228.jpg

Hello, would anyone know how to configure the crossy road game to appear in vertical window mode without losing part of the bottom image? I'm using the version of the February 4 message from the following link... but it looks full screen, losing the image at the bottom, and the truth is that I don't like it, the reason is that I am preparing the horizontal adrenaline amusements hyperspin system pack and I don't like the way the game is for when Make the video and upload it to my YouTube channel, greetings and thank you.

Modifié par Mack1234

• 2 semaines après...
On 6/15/2023 at 2:17 PM, Houb said:

what's this specific project and how can it be much better?

It looks like Houb is no longer checking this forum and has abandoned this project.  I don't see a way to message him directly either.  Does anyone know who we can turn to for support questions with this tool since Houb is no longer interested in helping people?

For Senjin Aleste, it is due to current update of Teknoparrot. I tried with old build and you could full screen with a desktop resolution different from 1920x1080. With latest build no choice than to use 1920x1080. Hope it can help someone.

On 11/28/2023 at 3:51 PM, snokijum said:

It looks like Houb is no longer checking this forum and has abandoned this project.  I don't see a way to message him directly either.  Does anyone know who we can turn to for support questions with this tool since Houb is no longer interested in helping people?

I think this is the best place. You are likely to meet people who use the tool. Maybe we can share our discoveries here?

I use it massively for my candy cab, most games work great from start but you'll need to go thorougly with the others. Especially if you have a strange display (mine is natively vertical with unusual resolution).

It's important to test your exe with windows compatibility option, it's often the culprit but not always.

• 1 mois après...

I couldn't get Street Fighter 6 to work with this.  SF6 is crashing.
Could it be that the DXGI.dll supplied from the version of Reshade ArcCabView is using is too old or something like that?
Hopefully there is a way to fix this.  =D
Thanks!

20231231_013320.jpg.87e1e06f98581aa9c33d886134193c9f.jpg

Oh no, I haven't been by here in months.  Looks like Houb hasn't logged in since July.  Hope everything is ok!!
This project is super incredible and my arcade cab wouldn't be able to do what it does without this!

I was able to send him a message directly.  Hopefully he is ok.  I wouldn't assume he is no longer interested in helping people unless you know that for a fact.  Blessings to Houb.

On 11/27/2023 at 11:51 PM, snokijum said:

Modifié par Kaizen777

Got Street Fighter 6 working.  It doesn't natively work with Reshade.  Go to Nexus Mods to the SF6 mods and get the REFramework mod.  That will allow Reshade to work, and thus ArcCabView.
I'm probably the only one on the planet using this with ArcCabView anyway, LOL.
With my vertically oriented display I was able to get a 4:3 aspect ratio between REFramework and ACV.  Yaaay!  =D

Modifié par Kaizen777

Le 28/11/2023 à 08:51, snokijum a dit :

I'm stil alive 😄

Yep I'm quite busy for now but ArcCabView is not dead ;)

This thread is still the best place to get support, even if I don't reply very often now I'm sure other guys from here will be glad to help

@Kaizen777 Glad you managed to resolve the problem :)

Happy New Year !

Yaaay!  Glad to hear you are well.  Thanks for all you do and Happy New Year!

3 hours ago, Houb said:

I'm stil alive 😄

Yep I'm quite busy for now but ArcCabView is not dead ;)

This thread is still the best place to get support, even if I don't reply very often now I'm sure other guys from here will be glad to help

@Kaizen777 Glad you managed to resolve the problem :)

Happy New Year !

• 2 semaines après...

I got Super Alpine Racer with bezels but that was easy because I've downloaded a version where ArcCabView was already included and you can select Bezel on/off in TeknoParrot:

image.png.9525dda0c91ba4881482874e0f259ca3.png

Then I tried 2 games myself, 20XX and 30XX and that wasn't hard too. I copied the ArcCabView folder into the root of the game. Started ArcCabView_Launcher, selected 20XX.exe and it worked. The same for 30XX.

But now I'm struggeling with Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games for some hours and decided to ask for some help here.

I copied the ArcCabView folder into the .\SegaOlympic2016\package folder (hopefully the correct folder?)

image.png.b1803149b432171d20e5eb646ffab117.png

Then I started the ArcCabView_Launcher and for the True game exe I choose this: app.exe

For the launcher I selected: TeknoParrotUi.exe from my TeknoParrot folder.

As the command to send I filled in this: --profile=SegaOlympic2016.xml

And finally in the last screen I choose this one:

image.png.165c7c0a1b35844ec52da1bedfbb3ec0.png

After the warning to touch nothing the screen rotated 90 degrees, I see the 2 CMD screens trying to open the game, but then the next error pops up:

image.png.2c33e61cb8f93a77376bfb8543f269e4.png

After a few seconds the screen rotates back to landscape mode and the game is started normally but without bezels and not centered.

If I start the game from TeknoParrot the game is starting centered.

I got no idea if I have to copy files to another folder or what to do with the Mario And Sonic Olympic Games (NU)_h.cfg file from the Presets folder. Do I have to rename it? Copy it somewhere else?

Same for the bezel.png from the Textures folder. Rename it? Move it?

And what about the GameBase.ini and the GameList.ini

It look so easy when I watch the Demo YouTube movies, and it was easy for "normal games" but for my TeknoParrot games it's different. 

So hopefully someone can tell me what to do or make a nice tutorial for TP games.

Thnx in advance.

18 hours ago, Houb said:

There is no config made to work with TP.

Sometime it may work... but as TP change the original display of many games, very often it won't work as expected.

Again, some hours trying and trying, but I finally managed to achieve it. Also had to change screen res to 1920x1080 and scaling to 100%. (my monitor is 3440x1440).

Now I have to find out which buttons work the best on my Xbox Series X controller.

Modifié par BlackPredator72

I spoke to soon on this, it appears.  When I run SF6 with ArcCabView + REFramework, ArcCabView says "Cannot find game window = (".  Strange, because the game window name has not changed (I checked with AHK Window Spy).  What's also strange is that if I have any other window open (such as notepad.exe) and I click on that a couple of times while the game is loading, then it works and ACV doesn't produce that error.  No idea what is going on.  I'm wondering if there is some easy fix for this, otherwise I'd have to write an AHK script or something to do the clicking on some invisible window just for this game.  =D

I have also had games (such as Soul Calibur 6) be working and then suddenly stop working completely with ACV, producing that "cannot find game window" error.  Next time that happens I will see if clicking on another window while it is loading fixes that problem as it did with SF6 + REFramework.

On 1/2/2024 at 8:49 PM, Kaizen777 said:

Got Street Fighter 6 working.  It doesn't natively work with Reshade.  Go to Nexus Mods to the SF6 mods and get the REFramework mod.  That will allow Reshade to work, and thus ArcCabView.
I'm probably the only one on the planet using this with ArcCabView anyway, LOL.
With my vertically oriented display I was able to get a 4:3 aspect ratio between REFramework and ACV.  Yaaay!  =D

Hello!

I'm having an issue with all games.  I'm never able to get the bezel to appear as sharp and as detailed as it should be when loaded into ACV.
I'm using a 4K screen in portrait orientation.  
I noticed that the bezel quality seems to relate to the in-game resolution, but even if I have the in-game resolution at 4K the bezel is still never displayed at the full resolution and clarity of the bezel image file.

Appreciate any help in hopefully being able to resolve this!  =D

The first pic shows how it should look, see the SOULCALIBUR VI text - detailed and sharp (ignore the moiré or whatever that is!)

The second pic shows how it actually looks - blurry with less detail
The difference is more noticeable in person than it is in the pictures, but it is still evident in the pictures.
Same with the Sonic Mania pics, first is more detailed, second (how it displays) is fuzzy and less detailed.

I don't think this matters but I will mention it anyway... for my setup, only about 57% of the screen is visible.  My bezels are 2160x2200 as that covers the visible part of the screen.
I have the screen in an arcade cabinet, part of the screen is hidden behind the marquee area and a larger part of the screen is hidden behind the control panel / front / coin door area of the cabinet.

I LOVE ArcCabView, extremely grateful that it exists!
Without ACV, there are so many PC games I would not be able to play in this setup... and none of them with bezels that make it feel like an old-school arcade cab.

THANK YOU!!!!

20240106_203225.jpg.e262c6c13a059bd5c194dd8b5a9037d2.jpg

20240106_202752.jpg.022042d6b7c93f7986b89559c39aee52.jpg

20240108_023231.jpg.c18b31c698c80118671f7da7b97f39e6.jpg

20240108_023510.jpg.119a66d09a96d581286dde873d664efa.jpg

Modifié par Kaizen777

• 2 semaines après...

Hello!  Perhaps this is due to updated Windows Defender definitions, but ACV is now triggering a virus threat.
I tried to download it again from Mediafire, same issue.

I think it is the launcher exe that is the issue, as this file has disappeared from another system of mine twice.

(Windows quarantined it)

@Houb, can you confirm this is a false positive?  I'm assuming so.. especially because it appears to be an Android OS virus...
Thanks!

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/40ef813dc2b1ef9c8d6286e1a4c4535bcf9241a9dbfc8853aafafac29709c255/detection

image.png.0c8053f18cfee70cc840eae627cf65b6.png

Modifié par Kaizen777

On 1/14/2024 at 12:54 AM, BlackPredator72 said:

Again, some hours trying and trying, but I finally managed to achieve it. Also had to change screen res to 1920x1080 and scaling to 100%. (my monitor is 3440x1440).

Now I have to find out which buttons work the best on my Xbox Series X controller.

Can you share how you got the bezel to work with Mario&Sonic?

Modifié par drewjbs