Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Hypseus Singe - 2-Player Singe Gun Games

xxOToTOxx

Messages recommandés

3 hours ago, xxOToTOxx said:

hypseus plays the Daphne versions of these games, using the dle21.zip and sae.zip ROM's with arcade emulation.

The ROMS you can get the http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/ and the video you can get from Sirdrak or Dex, in this forum, both of which are excellent AI HD upscales of the Daphne games.

If you are trying to use this video with the Singe LUA games, that's not gonna work. Daphne and Singe video are not interchangeable. Emulation vs fan based Simulation.

Most users will convert the Singe MP4 as described in the above video, if they want to go that route, then use the Singe 2 full overlay ports.

However, I have seen many users revert back to the Daphne versions after trying them. Depends what you want....

I followed that video you posted and it worked perfectly with a dragons lair 2 that I found in archive: https://archive.org/details/hypseus_singe_dl2e

With the other two games I have downloaded like 6 version and I can not get it to work for the life of me. I am trying to play the hypeus singe just like that video, basically word for word. Can you help me understand a bit because I would enjoy the HD versions or the regular versions or somewhere in between, just trying to get them to work, because when I use the m2v files that I keep downloading everything is out of order and all wack a do. Just want it to work sweet likes dragons lair 2 did and I don't really understand how to use that whole mpegffh thing so I was trying to avoid that if possible. 

9 hours ago, sirgubster9 said:

I followed that video you posted and it worked perfectly with a dragons lair 2 that I found in archive: https://archive.org/details/hypseus_singe_dl2e

With the other two games I have downloaded like 6 version and I can not get it to work for the life of me. I am trying to play the hypeus singe just like that video, basically word for word. Can you help me understand a bit because I would enjoy the HD versions or the regular versions or somewhere in between, just trying to get them to work, because when I use the m2v files that I keep downloading everything is out of order and all wack a do. Just want it to work sweet likes dragons lair 2 did and I don't really understand how to use that whole mpegffh thing so I was trying to avoid that if possible. 

Hiya,

Even I don't run the Singe 2 versions of these games, I run the Daphne versions. So I don't actually have the m2v any more.

So either you or I have to create them? I have an old Xeon so I'm sure yours PC will do much better than mine :)

It's easily explained in Oldskool8bit video: 

11 hours ago, xxOToTOxx said:

Hiya,

Even I don't run the Singe 2 versions of these games, I run the Daphne versions. So I don't actually have the m2v any more.

So either you or I have to create them? I have an old Xeon so I'm sure yours PC will do much better than mine :)

OK so using hypseus singe you run the Daphne versions of the game? How do you do that without converting them to m2vs? Because I have no problem going that route. Also all the HD versions I find on this site are multiple mp4s and not just one mp4. 

I'm honestly just looking for the easiest way to play these 3 games using a game pad. I currently have windows versions of the games which look great but I have to use there keyboard controls. And then I use to have old school Daphne working but it just didn't run too great in my opinion at the time. What's the easiest way to get these games going, I thought it was this hypseus singe atleast for dragons lair 2 it was. Looks and runs great! With bezel and everything! 

Modifié par sirgubster9

Games

Get the enhanced ROM's from:

http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/tech/enhancements/dle21.asp

http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/tech/roms/DLE_21.zip   - rename it to dle21.zip

http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/tech/enhancements/sae.asp

http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/tech/roms/SAE_10.zip   - rename it to sae.zip

Get the M2V files from Dex or Sirdrak pages on this forum. There are .m2v and .ogg and the .txt framefile - This is all you need from those links.

No converting here, they are already in the correct format - m2v and ogg.

Put them in the Hypseus folder structure like so:

C:\
|-- Hypseus Singe
|    |
|    | -- hypseus.exe
|    | -- hypinput.ini                 <-- This is the controller config file
|    | -- *.dll + all other files
|    | -- gamecontrollerdb.txt         <-- This file is described below.
|    |
|    +-- roms 
|         +-- dle21.zip
|         +-- sae.zip
|    |
|    |-- vldp     
|    |    |-- lair
|    |        +-- lair.txt    - This framefile must belong to the video set you d/l.
|    |        +-- lair.m2v    - These may be multiple files or single
|    |        +-- lair.ogg
|    |
|    |    |-- ace
|    |        +-- ace.txt    - This framefile must belong to the video set you d/l.
|    |        +-- ace.m2v    - These may be multiple files or single
|    |        +-- ace.ogg

Create bat files as you have done with Singe for each:

hypseus.exe sae vldp -framefile vldp/ace/ace.txt -fullscreen  -bezel ace.png -gamepad

PAUSE

hypseus.exe dle21 vldp -framefile vldp/lair/lair.txt -fullscreen  -bezel lair.png -gamepad

PAUSE

Change the bezel path to whatever you want, I have enabled GamePad controllers here also, this is setup in next section.

Game Controller setup - This will affect all games

Edit the hypinput.ini file in notepad and paste/change it to:

[KEYBOARD]
KEY_UP = SDLK_UP 0 0 AXIS_LEFT_UP
KEY_DOWN = SDLK_DOWN 0 0 AXIS_LEFT_DOWN
KEY_LEFT = SDLK_LEFT 0 0 AXIS_LEFT_LEFT
KEY_RIGHT = SDLK_RIGHT 0 0 AXIS_LEFT_RIGHT
KEY_COIN1 = SDLK_5 0 BUTTON_BACK
KEY_COIN2 = SDLK_6 0 0
KEY_START1 = SDLK_1 0 BUTTON_START
KEY_START2 = SDLK_2 0 0
KEY_BUTTON1 = SDLK_LCTRL 0 BUTTON_A
KEY_BUTTON2 = SDLK_LALT 0 BUTTON_B
KEY_BUTTON3 = SDLK_SPACE 0 AXIS_TRIGGER_RIGHT
KEY_SKILL1 = SDLK_LSHIFT 0 0
KEY_SKILL2 = SDLK_z 0 0
KEY_SKILL3 = SDLK_x 0 0
KEY_SERVICE = SDLK_9 0 0
KEY_TEST = SDLK_F2 0 0
KEY_RESET = SDLK_0 0 0
KEY_SCREENSHOT = SDLK_F12 0 0
KEY_QUIT = SDLK_ESCAPE 0 0
KEY_PAUSE = SDLK_p 0 0
KEY_CONSOLE = SDLK_BACKSLASH 0 0
KEY_TILT = SDLK_t 0 0
END

You can edit this now or later for your desired setup.

Finally grab the latest gamecontrollerdb.txt file to support all the latest game controllers:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gabomdq/SDL_GameControllerDB/master/gamecontrollerdb.txt

Save it in your Hypseus folder as gamecontrollerdb.txt (as shown in the diagram above).

Start your .bat files........ you're ready to go.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

On 2/25/2023 at 6:24 PM, xxOToTOxx said:

Games

http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/tech/roms/DLE_21.zip   - rename it to dle21.zip

http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/tech/roms/SAE_10.zip   - rename it to sae.zip

Get the M2V files from Dex or Sirdrak pages on this forum. There are .m2v and .ogg and the .txt framefile - This is all you need from those links.

|-- Hypseus Singe
|    |
|    | -- hypseus.exe
|    |
|    +-- roms 
|         +-- dle21.zip
|         +-- sae.zip
|    |
|    |-- vldp     
|    |    |-- lair
|    |        +-- lair.txt    - This framefile must belong to the video set you d/l.
|    |
|    |    |-- ace
|    |        +-- ace.txt    - This framefile must belong to the video set you d/l.

hypseus.exe sae vldp -framefile vldp/ace/ace.txt -fullscreen  -bezel ace.png -gamepad

PAUSE

hypseus.exe dle21 vldp -framefile vldp/lair/lair.txt -fullscreen  -bezel lair.png -gamepad

PAUSE

Change the bezel path to whatever you want, I have enabled GamePad controllers here also, this is setup in next section.

[KEYBOARD]
KEY_COIN2 = SDLK_6 0 0
KEY_START2 = SDLK_2 0 0
KEY_SKILL2 = SDLK_z 0 0
KEY_SKILL3 = SDLK_x 0 0
KEY_SERVICE = SDLK_9 0 0
KEY_TEST = SDLK_F2 0 0
KEY_RESET = SDLK_0 0 0
KEY_PAUSE = SDLK_p 0 0
KEY_TILT = SDLK_t 0 0
END

Finally grab the latest gamecontrollerdb.txt file to support all the latest game controllers:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gabomdq/SDL_GameControllerDB/master/gamecontrollerdb.txt

Save it in your Hypseus folder as gamecontrollerdb.txt (as shown in the diagram above).

Dude first off thank you so much for taking the time man! IT WORKS!!! final question? is there anyway to skip all those like screen shots of credit screens and misc that it cycles through in the beginning?

Modifié par sirgubster9
wasnt working then change text in txt document and works!!

1 hour ago, sirgubster9 said:

Dude first off thank you so much for taking the time man! IT WORKS!!! final question? is there anyway to skip all those like screen shots of credit screens and misc that it cycles through in the beginning?

With the enhanced versions, you can't bypass the arcade boot sequences. But if you grab the regular versions of the ROMS: lair.zip and ace.zip (put them in the ROMS folder alongside the others). You can use the -fastboot argument and get extra versions of the games and these you can speed up like so:

They use the same video and framefiles.

lair.zip

hypseus.exe lair vldp -framefile vldp/lair/lair.txt -fullscreen  -bezel lair.png -gamepad -fastboot

PAUSE

ace.zip

hypseus.exe ace vldp -framefile vldp/ace/ace.txt -fullscreen  -bezel ace.png -gamepad -fastboot

PAUSE

Game Controller

NOTE: If you enabled the gampad controller above, you will need to add -gamepad to all your .bat files, for all your games to enable the controller config.

For advanced configs you can look at the tech pages at http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/ for -bank switches which allow you to alter the coin/lives settings etc.

18 hours ago, xxOToTOxx said:

With the enhanced versions, you can't bypass the arcade boot sequences. But if you grab the regular versions of the ROMS: lair.zip and ace.zip (put them in the ROMS folder alongside the others). You can use the -fastboot argument and get extra versions of the games and these you can speed up like so:

lair.zip

hypseus.exe lair vldp -framefile vldp/lair/lair.txt -fullscreen  -bezel lair.png -gamepad -fastboot

PAUSE

ace.zip

hypseus.exe ace vldp -framefile vldp/ace/ace.txt -fullscreen  -bezel ace.png -gamepad -fastboot

PAUSE

Game Controller

NOTE: If you enabled the gampad controller above, you will need to add -gamepad to all your .bat files, for all your games to enable the controller config.

For advanced configs you can look at the tech pages at http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/ for -bank switches which allow you to alter the coin/lives settings etc.

worked amazingly thank you, but now I got greedy and I tried to use sirdraks hd widescreen videos and everything works pretty good except a lot of times the screen flashes super quick with a few words on it and then goes black.  I noticed when I got this all setup the first time the game did this whole like parsing thing i think where it went through all the files and went from 1 to 100 percent.  When I switched in these new video files instead it never redid that, Do i need to get the system to reparse all the video files again?

2 hours ago, sirgubster9 said:

worked amazingly thank you, but now I got greedy and I tried to use sirdraks hd widescreen videos and everything works pretty good except a lot of times the screen flashes super quick with a few words on it and then goes black.  I noticed when I got this all setup the first time the game did this whole like parsing thing i think where it went through all the files and went from 1 to 100 percent.  When I switched in these new video files instead it never redid that, Do i need to get the system to reparse all the video files again?

Delete all the .dat files in the folder with the video/sound files.

They will regenerated (as you saw before) when you start again.

On 2/28/2023 at 2:14 PM, xxOToTOxx said:

Delete all the .dat files in the folder with the video/sound files.

They will regenerated (as you saw before) when you start again.

so close I can taste the finish line!!!! dragons lair 2 shows "left" or "sword" or whatever it is on the screen as you go, which I believe it's supposed to maybe be that way but the other version of dragons lair 2 that I had running before didn't have that. anyway to remove that text or was the original game in the arcade actually like that? 

Modifié par sirgubster9

8 hours ago, sirgubster9 said:

so close I can taste the finish line!!!! dragons lair 2 shows "left" or "sword" or whatever it is on the screen as you go, which I believe it's supposed to maybe be that way but the other version of dragons lair 2 that I had running before didn't have that. anyway to remove that text or was the original game in the arcade actually like that? 

Not sure which version of DL2 you are running.

If it's the Singe version, hit '9' in game and alter "Show Hints" and "Show Moves"

If it's the Daphne version.

https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe/discussions/74

:)

6 hours ago, xxOToTOxx said:

Not sure which version of DL2 you are running.

If it's the Singe version, hit '9' in game and alter "Show Hints" and "Show Moves"

If it's the Daphne version.

https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe/discussions/74

:)

Thank you! Running Daphne version and found that screen but didn't put two and two together for difficulty setting. Thank you. 

Lots' of discussion on CLIFF black bars and letterboxing here in the past, so here's a bezel that should work on standard (SD & HD) video sources.

image.png.c7d9d591f1cd601a7aee8ee14b2afd2f.png

This is externally hosted, and should be full size and downloadable to use with -bezel 

cliffbez.png

Modifié par xxOToTOxx
External bezel file.

On 2/27/2023 at 4:40 PM, xxOToTOxx said:

lair.zip

PAUSE

ace.zip

PAUSE

Game Controller

Well I thought the game controller would be the easiest part to figure out, i was very wrong. I copied your ini that you gave me and right now I am using xbox controllers, or to be more exact fake xbox controllers "https://gitlab.com/SchwingSK/Keyboard2Xinput" and I can not get them to work, what am I missing good sir?  and then i also put that controller db file into the directory as well, Am I supposed to be using that db file in some way?  I tried using the SDL_GameController (hotplug) support: config and the Advanced configuration and multi-joystick support: config that where both listed on the hypeus singe website as well and no luck.  I know I have asked a lot of you, a perfect stranger ha ha, but are you able to help me on this?

Modifié par sirgubster9

4 hours ago, sirgubster9 said:

Well I thought the game controller would be the easiest part to figure out, i was very wrong. I copied your ini that you gave me and right now I am using xbox controllers, or to be more exact fake xbox controllers "https://gitlab.com/SchwingSK/Keyboard2Xinput" and I can not get them to work, what am I missing good sir?  and then i also put that controller db file into the directory as well, Am I supposed to be using that db file in some way?  I tried using the SDL_GameController (hotplug) support: config and the Advanced configuration and multi-joystick support: config that where both listed on the hypeus singe website as well and no luck.  I know I have asked a lot of you, a perfect stranger ha ha, but are you able to help me on this?

What does the log say about the detected controller it's seeing?

You don't do anything with gamecontrollerdb.txt but if it there, and valid in the correct place, SDL will use it to detect the latest Game Controllers. The log will tell you....

Check what that file,gamecontrollerdb.txt, looks like in notepad.

Look at the logs in the `logs` sub folder: hypseus.log that will tell you lots.

If your Game Controller isn't supported by SDL, there is  a backup plan.

On 3/6/2023 at 6:09 PM, xxOToTOxx said:

What does the log say about the detected controller it's seeing?

You don't do anything with gamecontrollerdb.txt but if it there, and valid in the correct place, SDL will use it to detect the latest Game Controllers. The log will tell you....

Check what that file,gamecontrollerdb.txt, looks like in notepad.

Look at the logs in the `logs` sub folder: hypseus.log that will tell you lots.

If your Game Controller isn't supported by SDL, there is  a backup plan.

2023-03-09 20:43:46.883 INFO  [3816] [SDL_input_init@471] Found a gamecontrollerdb.txt
2023-03-09 20:43:46.914 INFO  [3816] [SDL_gamepad_init@548] Gamepad #0: Xbox 360 Controller connected
2023-03-09 20:43:46.914 WARN  [3816] [CFG_Keys@324] keymapfile not found, using default

thats what its showing along with a bunch of other stuff, but that seemed like the relevant controller stuff.  Seems to me that the gamecontrollerdb file is working and that its found my fake xbox 360 controller.  Dont know what the keymapfile is and dont know what to do next.  

and the keyboard keys like the 5 key still uses coin and the 1 key still does start even when though I should be in gamepad mode right? so do the keyboard keys still work as well or should they be disabled?

Modifié par sirgubster9

5 hours ago, sirgubster9 said:

2023-03-09 20:43:46.914 WARN  [3816] [CFG_Keys@324] keymapfile not found, using default

"keymapfile not found, using default" - Means it can't find the "hypinput.ini" file in the folder. That is your config file, so obviously it isn't going to configure your controller.

My guess is this is one of those weird Windows double extension issues, where the file is called "hypinput.ini.txt" or something and hiding the hidden extension.

If you don't know what I am talking about, see:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-enable-hidden-file-extensions-in-Windows.html

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

9 hours ago, xxOToTOxx said:

"keymapfile not found, using default" - Means it can't find the "hypinput.ini" file in the folder. That is your config file, so obviously it isn't going to configure your controller.

My guess is this is one of those weird Windows double extension issues, where the file is called "hypinput.ini.txt" or something and hiding the hidden extension.

If you don't know what I am talking about, see:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-enable-hidden-file-extensions-in-Windows.html

WOW i had it as hypinpuit instead of input. im an idiot.  well fixed that, no longer get the file not found.  still cant pop a coin in.  heres a pic of what i got.  clicked the button i want as coin for now, just figured i would use an easy button until i can figure this out.  clicked the button in that controller identifier program and then i poped that name into coin 1.  what am I missing?button.jpg.7e8974dbcf47ce9f7d61963fb614943b.jpg

33 minutes ago, sirgubster9 said:

WOW i had it as hypinpuit instead of input. im an idiot.  well fixed that, no longer get the file not found.  still cant pop a coin in.  heres a pic of what i got.  clicked the button i want as coin for now, just figured i would use an easy button until i can figure this out.  clicked the button in that controller identifier program and then i poped that name into coin 1.  what am I missing?

image.png.1576d4486f036b1110cc66853065c1e5.png

Right in front of you bud. What does 301 mean in the Game Controller world? :)

You need to put some correct config there..... usually BUTTON_BACK

The utility will only help you in the Joystick API, not Game Controller config. The whole idea of the Game Controller config is to make them user readable settings..

# BUTTON_A
# BUTTON_B
# BUTTON_X
# BUTTON_Y
# BUTTON_BACK
# BUTTON_GUIDE
# BUTTON_START
# BUTTON_LEFTSTICK
# BUTTON_RIGHTSTICK
# BUTTON_LEFTSHOULDER
# BUTTON_RIGHTSHOULDER
# BUTTON_DPAD_UP
# BUTTON_DPAD_DOWN
# BUTTON_DPAD_LEFT
# BUTTON_DPAD_RIGHT
# AXIS_TRIGGER_LEFT
# AXIS_TRIGGER_RIGHT

If that doesn't work, you need to share the whole log file.

I am assuming you are running with the argument `-gamepad` in the bat files still......

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

2 hours ago, xxOToTOxx said:

image.png.1576d4486f036b1110cc66853065c1e5.png

Right in front of you bud. What does 301 mean in the Game Controller world? :)

You need to put some correct config there..... usually BUTTON_BACK

The utility will only help you in the Joystick API, not Game Controller config. The whole idea of the Game Controller config is to make them user readable settings..

# BUTTON_A
# BUTTON_B
# BUTTON_X
# BUTTON_Y
# BUTTON_BACK
# BUTTON_GUIDE
# BUTTON_START
# BUTTON_LEFTSTICK
# BUTTON_RIGHTSTICK
# BUTTON_LEFTSHOULDER
# BUTTON_RIGHTSHOULDER
# BUTTON_DPAD_UP
# BUTTON_DPAD_DOWN
# BUTTON_DPAD_LEFT
# BUTTON_DPAD_RIGHT
# AXIS_TRIGGER_LEFT
# AXIS_TRIGGER_RIGHT

If that doesn't work, you need to share the whole log file.

I am assuming you are running with the argument `-gamepad` in the bat files still......

so i originally used your exact hypini that you gave me earlier but that didnt work, so then i changed the coin button to match that weird program that came with hypseus, didnt know it only worked for joysticks and not gamepads.  I have recently changed it back to your config and it still doesnt work, I also swapped the back button which was your coin to button a and button b with no luck.  I had 301 because thats what that weird app told me when I pressed my button a on my gamepad.  

I am still using the -gamepad; here is my batch file: 

hypseus.exe lair vldp -framefile vldp/lair/lair.txt -fullscreen -gamepad -fastboot

escape

here is my log:

2023-03-10 14:39:34.193 INFO  [2024] [reset_logfile@332] Version v2.10.2_x64
2023-03-10 14:39:34.194 INFO  [2024] [reset_logfile@336] Command line: hypseus.exe lair vldp -framefile vldp/lair/lair.txt -fullscreen -gamepad -fastboot 
2023-03-10 14:39:34.194 INFO  [2024] [reset_logfile@337] CPU : GenuineIntel || Mem : 16320 megs
2023-03-10 14:39:34.194 INFO  [2024] [reset_logfile@338] OS : Windows 7/8 || Video : NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030
2023-03-10 14:39:34.194 INFO  [2024] [reset_logfile@339] RGB2YUV Function: C
2023-03-10 14:39:34.194 INFO  [2024] [reset_logfile@345] Line Blending Function: C
2023-03-10 14:39:34.194 INFO  [2024] [reset_logfile@352] Audio Mixing Function: C
2023-03-10 14:39:34.244 INFO  [2024] [SDL_input_init@471] Found a gamecontrollerdb.txt
2023-03-10 14:39:34.250 INFO  [2024] [SDL_gamepad_init@548] Gamepad #0: Xbox 360 Controller connected
2023-03-10 14:39:34.251 INFO  [2024] [game::load_compressed_rom@968] Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u1.bin ... 8192 bytes read.
2023-03-10 14:39:34.252 INFO  [2024] [game::load_compressed_rom@968] Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u2.bin ... 8192 bytes read.
2023-03-10 14:39:34.252 INFO  [2024] [game::load_compressed_rom@968] Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u3.bin ... 8192 bytes read.
2023-03-10 14:39:34.253 INFO  [2024] [game::load_compressed_rom@968] Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u4.bin ... 8192 bytes read.
2023-03-10 14:39:35.354 INFO  [2024] [ldp_vldp::read_frame_conversions@1033] Framefile parse succeeded. Video/Audio directory is: C:/Hypseus Singe/vldp/lair/
2023-03-10 14:39:35.403 INFO  [2024] [video::init_display@244] Viewport resolution: 1920x1080
2023-03-10 14:39:39.404 WARN  [2024] [ldv1000::pre_display_disable@451] Display disable received (unsupported)

33 minutes ago, sirgubster9 said:

so i originally used your exact hypini that you gave me earlier but that didnt work, so then i changed the coin button to match that weird program that came with hypseus, didnt know it only worked for joysticks and not gamepads.  I have recently changed it back to your config and it still doesnt work, I also swapped the back button which was your coin to button a and button b with no luck.  I had 301 because thats what that weird app told me when I pressed my button a on my gamepad.  

I am still using the -gamepad; here is my batch file: 

hypseus.exe lair vldp -framefile vldp/lair/lair.txt -fullscreen -gamepad -fastboot

escape

here is my log:

2023-03-10 14:39:34.193 INFO  [2024] [reset_logfile@332] Version v2.10.2_x64
2023-03-10 14:39:34.194 INFO  [2024] [reset_logfile@336] Command line: hypseus.exe lair vldp -framefile vldp/lair/lair.txt -fullscreen -gamepad -fastboot 

Ok, I now get it, missed it before. You have multiple controllers/joystick attached and your 360 controller is being seen as the 4th controller attached (301 tells me this).

You're gonna need to use the Joystick API due to the number of joysticks attached and  SDL is seeing. It's a more advanced setting.

I suggest heading to the Discord server, the guys there can explain, otherwise there will be lots of backward and forward in here....

5 minutes ago, xxOToTOxx said:

Ok, I now get it, missed it before. You have multiple controllers/joystick attached and your 360 controller is being seen as the 4th controller attached (301 tells me this).

You're gonna need to use the Joystick API due to the number of joysticks attached and  SDL is seeing. It's a more advanced setting.

I suggest heading to the Discord server, the guys there can explain, otherwise there will be lots of backward and forward in here....

will do, thank you.  Ya I have 4 controllers attached, whats weird is in mame and retroarch that same controller is seen as controller one but in this joystick api program its seen as the third remote.  

On 3/10/2023 at 11:30 PM, sirgubster9 said:

will do, thank you.  Ya I have 4 controllers attached, whats weird is in mame and retroarch that same controller is seen as controller one but in this joystick api program its seen as the third remote.  

RetroArch isn't exactly known for it's ability to keep controller order consistent across reboots. They go by Windows enumeration order and possibly use RAW INPUT (Windows only), hypseus just uses SDL for device INPUT and ordering.

Did you get sorted ?

On 3/12/2023 at 11:43 AM, xxOToTOxx said:

RetroArch isn't exactly known for it's ability to keep controller order consistent across reboots. They go by Windows enumeration order and possibly use RAW INPUT (Windows only), hypseus just uses SDL for device INPUT and ordering.

Did you get sorted ?

everything works perfect now. thank you!!!

On 2/25/2023 at 6:16 AM, xxOToTOxx said:

Hiya,

I finally have access to this site. I was the one who created the video so if you have any questions you can ask here or post in the video comments. I dont always get notified of new comments but I check it once in a while to see if there are any questions. I dont know everything as the individual(s) who made this helped me with my understanding enough to make the video but I will certainly help.

On 2/26/2023 at 4:24 AM, xxOToTOxx said:

Games

|-- Hypseus Singe
|    |
|    | -- hypseus.exe
|    |
|    +-- roms 
|         +-- dle21.zip
|         +-- sae.zip
|    |
|    |-- vldp     
|    |    |-- lair
|    |
|    |    |-- ace

PAUSE

PAUSE

[KEYBOARD]
KEY_COIN2 = SDLK_6 0 0
KEY_START2 = SDLK_2 0 0
KEY_SKILL2 = SDLK_z 0 0
KEY_SKILL3 = SDLK_x 0 0
KEY_SERVICE = SDLK_9 0 0
KEY_TEST = SDLK_F2 0 0
KEY_RESET = SDLK_0 0 0
KEY_PAUSE = SDLK_p 0 0
KEY_TILT = SDLK_t 0 0
END

I searched for "Dex" and "Sirdrak" in the forum search and found no result. I'm looking for all romset files that Hypseus Singe can run. I follow Oldskool8bit youtube guide. Can you be more specific on how to find the relevant romset links?

8 hours ago, Zen_B7 said:

https://www.emuline.org/search/?q=Sirdrak&quick=1

2 pages full

You probably only searched in a specific thread.

http://teknoparrot.link.free.fr/

Search for Singe titles

Yes, i guess my search was wrong but the first link contains only 3 games and in the second link the page owner write there that hypseus singe roms are not available yet...? 😕

Also, i see that other thread link there are not only multiple .m2v files for each game but also multiple .ogg files? and the files are named differently than in @oldskool8bit youtube video guide...

Modifié par Progman

8 hours ago, Progman said:

Yes, i guess my search was wrong but the first link contains only 3 games and in the second link the page owner write there that hypseus singe roms are not available yet...? 😕

Also, i see that other thread link there are not only multiple .m2v files for each game but also multiple .ogg files? and the files are named differently than in @oldskool8bit youtube video guide...

"Dex" and "Sirdrak" video is for ROM games, i.e. Daphne,  not Singe.

Hypseus will run these ROM games - they are not Singe games, they are Daphne games.

So just follow the instructions here: https://www.emuline.org/topic/2301-arcade-pc-hypseus-singe-64bit-4k-daphne-integrated-bezels/?do=findComment&comment=143185

Multiple .m2v and .ogg files are for Daphne - they work in hypseus.

If you want to use the Singe versions, then you need to find the video from Karis's thread MEGA downloads, and follow @oldskool8bitvideo

They are different things: Singe and Daphne games. 

More importantly you cannot use Singe video in Daphne or vice versa - the video structures are completely different.

Modifié par CharlieChan

First of all, congratulations for this huge work. I'm sorry if my question is stupid, I follow all instructions for installing HypseusSinge on my Steam deck (MonroeWorld video) and I played DL, DL2, SA all normal version no hd. I tried with Time Gal but no success, because I don't find in the folders of TimeGal, the folder "roms" with .bin files like Dl Space Ace or other Daphne games. Single is different, why the name is HypseusSinge if support only Daphne games? Any chance to play Time Gal, Crime Patrol and other great lasergames on Steam deck? If I want to play DL hd or Cliff Hanger hd, it's sufficient to change the mpeg file in the folder? Thanks

14 hours ago, CharlieChan said:

"Dex" and "Sirdrak" video is for ROM games, i.e. Daphne,  not Singe.

Hypseus will run these ROM games - they are not Singe games, they are Daphne games.

So just follow the instructions here: https://www.emuline.org/topic/2301-arcade-pc-hypseus-singe-64bit-4k-daphne-integrated-bezels/?do=findComment&comment=143185

Multiple .m2v and .ogg files are for Daphne - they work in hypseus.

If you want to use the Singe versions, then you need to find the video from Karis's thread MEGA downloads, and follow @oldskool8bitvideo

They are different things: Singe and Daphne games. 

More importantly you cannot use Singe video in Daphne or vice versa - the video structures are completely different.

Thanks for clarifying! Can you further clarify what are the differences between Daphne, Singe (2?) and Hypseus Singe (which is better named Hypseus Daphne?)? Which is better for who? Basically i'm looking for one that can run the original arcade 4:3 versions of the games with bezels but also the user edited arcade 4k 4:3 versions of the games with bezels. Which emulator is best for me?

Modifié par Progman

@Hegel @Progman

Hypseus = Daphne (Hypseus was Daphne's brother - look it up)

+ Singe   = Singe 1 + 2 game support.

"Hypseus Singe", is "Daphne Singe" with SDL2 with many modern updates and support for Singe 2 games

It will run Daphne ROM games and it will run Singe 1 games, and (with MP4 to M2V video conversion) will run Singe 2 games.

Hypseus has built-in Bezel support, gamecontrolller support and support for the 4k games in both Daphne and Singe games to name a few.

Only you know what will be best for you to run, depends what you want from your games.

A SteamDeck version is packaged and supported, probably better visiting the Discord group for specific help - there are Steamdeck users there.

Singe games (timegal / crime patrol ) are fundamentally different to Daphne games, they do not use the .bin files - again visit Discord for help.