[Arcade PC] Hypseus Singe - 2-Player Singe Gun Games

xxOToTOxx

Messages recommandés

il y a 4 minutes, xxOToTOxx a dit :

@Tremolux

Also try this new .exe across all the resolution with -sinden

https://mega.nz/file/gwdFGSpK#Uw5CYmVAh1F0JoruCri1DNwStvDG9j7Mh9AroMLEMFs

What can I say ? You're a master, period ! :bravo:

Crosshair offset issue solved with new exe on 1440x1080 and still working on 720x480 :fiesta:

-x 1920 -y 1080 works too with both res, simply amazing :very-good:

Il y a 2 heures, xxOToTOxx a dit :

So, just so I am clear:

1. You are using the original Singe 1 LUA code and graphics for johnyrock, but with a converted Singe 2 MP4 via Topaz and ffmpeg ?
  2. The converted MP4 is 1440x1080 (4:3)?
  3. No other LUA changes, so as https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus_singe_data/tree/master/00-singe1/johnnyrock ?

Just noticed that when using original Singe 1 code with Singe 2 vid converted, you can see the blond girl very quickly just before the town's map appears, wich is not normal obviously...

Using SInge 2 files (code and graphics) solve the issue (game acts as it should) but now the overlay is messed up...:ennuyeux:

Modifié par Tremolux

19 minutes ago, Tremolux said:

When using original Singe 1 code with Singe 2 vid converted, you can see the blond girl very quickly just before the town's map appears, wich is not normal obviously...

Using SInge 2 files (code and graphics) solve the issue (game acts as it should) but now the overlay is messed up...:ennuyeux:

Two separate things here:

1. As we have found in the Daphne video conversions recently, Topaz is pretty bad at keeping framerate and frame count accurate (it isn't tunable enough - in fact it has very little config options), so when you do an upscale conversion, frames get dropped and timings messed around. What you are seeing is a bad conversion with frame mismatching. DarkVoid666 and I worked out a process for limiting this, but it is not always 100%. ffmpeg is pretty (to very) accurate at the conversions, but obviously doesn't have the 'enhancement' filters of Topaz. We used ffmpeg to 'clean' the original m2v before passing it through Topaz to match FPS with expectations, but some video is just problematic.
  2. Using the Singe 2 code and graphics and the messed up overlay, means you need to look more into the LUA sprite positioning. Some of the games have hardcoded x and y co-ordinates that will need work in Hypseus. You will be able to fix it, but it will take some tuning and learning. I performed this on all the Singe 2 games that are converted/ported over. I didn't tackle the 'gun' games as we have them already working from Singe 1.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

Il y a 8 heures, xxOToTOxx a dit :

Two separate things here:

1. As we have found in the Daphne video conversions recently, Topaz is pretty bad at keeping framerate and frame count accurate (it isn't tunable enough - in fact it has very little config options), so when you do an upscale conversion, frames get dropped and timings messed around. What you are seeing is a bad conversion with frame mismatching. DarkVoid666 and I worked out a process for limiting this, but it is not always 100%. ffmpeg is pretty (to very) accurate at the conversions, but obviously doesn't have the 'enhancement' filters of Topaz. We used ffmpeg to 'clean' the original m2v before passing it through Topaz to match FPS with expectations, but some video is just problematic.

I'm aware of this frame drop issue when using Topaz thanks to DarkVoid who is a friend and told me about Hypseus recently :)

I understand that converting multiple .m2v files from the original Daphne Singe games can result in such frame loss that it could be problematic and broke the game eventually. But in my case only one file is converted and I know sometimes one frame is mising but not much. My 1440x7080 .mp4 has the exact same frame count as the original Singe 2 .mp4 (60080) and so has the .m2v converted with FFmepg.

So to me it's not a bad conversion with frame mismatching. I assume that if it was the case, the problem would not be solved using Singe 2 code with Hypseus. Maybe it means that when you want to use converted .mp4 from Singe 2 with Hypseus you also need to use Singe 2 code. 

Il y a 9 heures, xxOToTOxx a dit :
  1. Using the Singe 2 code and graphics and the messed up overlay, means you need to look more into the LUA sprite positioning. Some of the games have hardcoded x and y co-ordinates that will need work in Hypseus. You will be able to fix it, but it will take some tuning and learning. I performed this on all the Singe 2 games that are converted/ported over. I didn't tackle the 'gun' games as we have them already working from Singe 1.

Yep, Karis told me about that because at first I wanted to use my upscaled .mp4 with Singe 2 obvioulsy...but overlay was all messed up. So I was very happy when I discovered that it wasn't the case with Hypseus (Karis found it astonishing btw). But since you visibly need to use Singe 2 code in conjunction with the converted Singe 2 .mp4 in order to have the game working perfectly in Hypseus, I guess I have no other solution than learning and trying to figure out how all that crap works :ptdr:

Thanks for your help !

25 minutes ago, Tremolux said:

I'm aware of this frame drop issue when using Topaz thanks to DarkVoid who is a friend and told me about Hypseus recently :)

I understand that converting multiple .m2v files from the original Daphne Singe games can result in such frame loss that it could be problematic and broke the game eventually. But in my case only one file is converted and I know sometimes one frame is mising but not much. My 1440x7080 .mp4 has the exact same frame count as the original Singe 2 .mp4 (60080) and so has the .m2v converted with FFmepg.

So to me it's not a bad conversion with frame mismatching. I assume that if it was the case, the problem would not be solved using Singe 2 code with Hypseus. Maybe it means that when you want to use converted .mp4 from Singe 2 with Hypseus you also need to use Singe 2 code. 

Yep, Karis told me about that because at first I wanted to use my upscaled .mp4 with Singe 2 obvioulsy...but overlay was all messed up. So I was very happy when I discovered that it wasn't the case with Hypseus (Karis found it astonishing btw). But since you visibly need to use Singe 2 code in conjunction with the converted Singe 2 .mp4 in order to have the game working perfectly in Hypseus, I guess I have no other solution than learning and trying to figure out how all that crap works :ptdr:

Thanks for your help !

It sounds to me as though the MP4 video in Singe 2 isn't exactly the same as the original. Which bearing in mind what we have just discussed above, isn't surprising.

If you have managed to convert it without dropping frames etc - again great news - DarkVoid watch out :ptdr:

But I think your options now may be limited to converting/porting the Singe 2 LUA to use the converted video. i.e. become Karis#2 :) - If you have any coding experience it will become fairly self explanatory after a little while. And is pretty much the same for each game once you have done one. Be aware that you can swap, or recreate sprite graphics (.png), around to get the original look and feel of the Singe 1 game.  Pretty much make your own game or at least customise the game. If you get it going PLEASE share it so we can all enjoy.

Also, thanks for discovering the issue with larger resolutions on the gun games, we hadn't got there yet. But a sane fix applied to the codebase for next release.

It's fantastic to see all this interest.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

Posting this here as a reminder to myself, if we get higher resolution video for Hypseus gun games.

With any lightgun (DolphinBar, WiiMote etc) the following -sinden argument (as a minimum) is probably going to be needed for sprite alignment:

-sinden 1 x

But only in Windows with the higher resolution video.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

il y a 35 minutes, xxOToTOxx a dit :

If you have managed to convert it without dropping frames etc - again great news - DarkVoid watch out :ptdr:

Ah Ah !!! I can't get any credit for it, as you said before there aren't many options in Topaz to tune these things so I guess it was pure luck :ptdr:

il y a 38 minutes, xxOToTOxx a dit :

But I think your options now may be limited to converting/porting the Singe 2 LUA to use the converted video. i.e. become Karis#2 :) - If you have any coding experience it will become fairly self explanatory after a little while. 

Will not happen anytime soon, I'm affraid ! I an absolute noob :P

But I will try something, will let you know if that works !

il y a 41 minutes, xxOToTOxx a dit :

Also, thanks for discovering the issue with larger resolutions on the gun games, we hadn't got there yet. But a sane fix applied to the codebase for next release.

Thank you for making this possible, this is amazing ! :very-good:

il y a 48 minutes, xxOToTOxx a dit :

You managed to follow my sparse instructions thus far on GitHub, I don't think you give yourself enough credit.

That's kind from you, thx !

I think I managed to fix the overlay issue :)

First I've deleted all .png files from Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2\Overlay folder then copied/pasted the Daphne Singe .png in there.

Then I've deleted these lines from Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2\Script\globals :

sprNUM = nil; sprNUM = {}
    sprNUM[0] = spriteLoad("Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2/Overlay/num0.png")
    sprNUM[1] = spriteLoad("Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2/Overlay/num1.png")
    sprNUM[2] = spriteLoad("Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2/Overlay/num2.png")
    sprNUM[3] = spriteLoad("Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2/Overlay/num3.png")
    sprNUM[4] = spriteLoad("Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2/Overlay/num4.png")
    sprNUM[5] = spriteLoad("Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2/Overlay/num5.png")
    sprNUM[6] = spriteLoad("Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2/Overlay/num6.png")
    sprNUM[7] = spriteLoad("Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2/Overlay/num7.png")
    sprNUM[8] = spriteLoad("Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2/Overlay/num8.png")
    sprNUM[9] = spriteLoad("Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2/Overlay/num9.png")

Finally, I replaced function drawScore() code in Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2\Script\manage with the Daphne Singe code (I'm pretty sure copying entire manage folder from Daphne Singe and paste it in Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2\Scrip would work too and is a faster method)

Now I can play with my 1440x1080 vid with original Daphne Singe overlays with no issues and no frame mismatching ! 

Edit : since you solved the crosshair offset issue, do you still need my 1440x1080 .m2v file ?

Modifié par Tremolux

Edit : since you solved the crosshair offset issue, do you still need my 1440x1080 .m2v file ?

I think you have tackled this is a completely different way to me. And that is no bad thing - Mine was never perfect and this is true open source gaming :bravo:

I am curious on how you have this all setup now, and you appear to have maintained the Singe 2 folder structure - I never did that.

Hypseus needs the .m2v - it cannot use the MP4 - so yes you need to keep that, but don't need the MP4 in the singe folder.

You really need to share this now, PM me if you like - I am so curious on how you got this up and working.....

23 minutes ago, Tremolux said:

I think I managed to fix the overlay issue :)

First I've deleted all .png files from Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2\Overlay folder then copied/pasted the Daphne Singe .png in there.

Then I've deleted these lines from Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2\Script\globals :

sprNUM = nil; sprNUM = {}
    sprNUM[0] = spriteLoad("Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2/Overlay/num0.png")
    sprNUM[1] = spriteLoad("Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2/Overlay/num1.png")
    sprNUM[2] = spriteLoad("Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2/Overlay/num2.png")
    sprNUM[3] = spriteLoad("Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2/Overlay/num3.png")
    sprNUM[4] = spriteLoad("Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2/Overlay/num4.png")
    sprNUM[5] = spriteLoad("Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2/Overlay/num5.png")
    sprNUM[6] = spriteLoad("Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2/Overlay/num6.png")
    sprNUM[7] = spriteLoad("Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2/Overlay/num7.png")
    sprNUM[8] = spriteLoad("Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2/Overlay/num8.png")
    sprNUM[9] = spriteLoad("Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2/Overlay/num9.png")

Finally, I replaced function drawScore() code in Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2\Script\manage with the Daphne Singe code (I'm pretty sure copying entire manage folder from Daphne Singe in Who_shot_johnny_rock_Singe_2\Scrip would work too and is a faster method)

Now I can play with my 1440x1080 vid with original Daphne Singe overlays with no issues and no frame mismatching ! 

Makes sense, but true Wild West stuff :very-good:

Or did I get all excited for nothing, as this is running in Singe 2 engine ?

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

il y a 9 minutes, xxOToTOxx a dit :

I think you have tackled this is a completely different way to me. And that is no bad thing - Mine was never perfect and this is true open source gaming :bravo:

I am curious on how you have this all setup now, and you appear to have maintained the Singe 2 folder structure - I never did that.

Hypseus needs the .m2v - it cannot use the MP4 - so yes you need to keep that, but don't need the MP4 in the singe folder.

You really need to share this now, PM me if you like - I am so curious on how you got this up and working.....

Makes sense, but true Wild West stuff :very-good:

Yeah lol

Next step would be learning how to display correctly the Singe 2 overlays I guess...but I'm affraid it's beyond my capacities for now !

Modifié par Tremolux

2 minutes ago, Tremolux said:

Yeah lol

Next step would be learning how to display correctly the Singe 2 overlays I guess...but I'm affraid it's beyond my capacities for now !

Still not clear though, is it running in Hypseus or Singe 2 ?

Sorry you maybe missed my edit above....

Just to confirm to anyone reading the thread, this seems to be the start of a new method of Singe 2 game porting for Hypseus.....

Also seems to be a little more Windows friendly than my original method...

:heart-pixel:

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

Without further ado, we have a 2k enhanced Singe 2 port release of 'Who Shot Johnny Rock?' for Hypseus Singe.

Massive thanks to @Tremolux for all the work here, I apparently also have to say I was involved ;)

This release has also adopted the Absolute Mouse Input (ABS) framework correctly to the Windows Port, so should be spot on with Mouse and any lightguns including Sinden.

Tremolux has included Sinden and non-Sinden batch files - for any of those lucky enough to have the Sinden already.

This is a slightly different format to previous releases as it maintains the Singe 2 sub-folder format, and isn't reliant on a 'singe' sub-folder as in tradition Singe 1 games.

The release works fine in Linux, but only needs the internal sub-folder, hence we are also releasing in (Karis style) shared folder format via MEGA, to allow updates and downloading of individual files/folders as needed. Windows users will want to download the whole structure as a zip, and run the .bat files from within the unzip location.

https://mega.nz/folder/mh1Q1LzQ#-YGMbAjNs5-zhBZ6afLIOA

Enjoy:

johnnyrock.png

Second Enhanced Karis version (separate download):

wsjr1.png

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

Adding this for any RetroPie users. These pull requests for Hypseus into RetroPie-Setup scriptmodules:

RetroPie installation: https://retropie.org.uk/forum/post/265501

RetroPie documentation: https://github.com/DirtBagXon/RetroPie-Docs/blob/hypseus/docs/Daphne.md

mkdir -p /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/scriptmodules/emulators/hypseus

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DirtBagXon/RetroPie-Setup/hypseus/scriptmodules/emulators/hypseus/hypinput.ini -O /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/scriptmodules/emulators/hypseus/hypinput.ini

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DirtBagXon/RetroPie-Setup/hypseus/scriptmodules/emulators/hypseus.sh -O /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/scriptmodules/emulators/hypseus.sh
  • Go to ES and select Configuration, select RetroPie Setup, or just type sudo ~/RetroPie-Setup/retropie_setup.sh
  • Navigate to Manage packages
  • Select exp experimental packages
  • Run down the list, there select 'hypseus'
  • Select Install from source

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

Le 24/10/2021 à 15:57, xxOToTOxx a dit :

This release has also adopted the Absolute Mouse Input (ABS) framework correctly to the Windows Port, so should be spot on with Mouse and any lightguns including Sinden.

Hi, by sheer curiosity what is it ?

I've got my own method to ensure the mouse is adapting to any resolution but it's always good to learn new tricks...

2 hours ago, Karis said:

Hi, by sheer curiosity what is it ?

I've got my own method to ensure the mouse is adapting to any resolution but it's always good to learn new tricks...

Hi Karis,

It's 'Absolute Mouse Input' which essentially operates like a touchpad mouse coordinates - this is in the executable not the LUA.

It took a little bit of reading up, but the best explanation I found was here from the libretro guys:

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/5215

So essentially it takes the coordinates on screen resolution within a window and maps only x and y values based on its movement within that window resolution. Which may be a regular window or a fullscreen window. Whereas a standard mouse will give 'relative' x and y coordinates based on it's position within the whole desktop area that may or may not be actually visible (in the case of projecting a 1920x1080 video on a 4k screen for instance). So lightguns know that they cannot exceed the maximum/minimum values of the window resolution, or transgress out of it, they remain accurate on any screen size.

Hope that makes sense...

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

Il y a 4 heures, xxOToTOxx a dit :

Hi Karis,

It's 'Absolute Mouse Input' which essentially operates like a touchpad mouse coordinates - this is in the executable not the LUA.

It took a little bit of reading up, but the best explanation I found was here from the libretro guys:

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/5215

So essentially it takes the coordinates on screen resolution within a window and maps only x and y values based on its movement within that window resolution. Which may be a regular window or a fullscreen window. Whereas a standard mouse will give 'relative' x and y coordinates based on it's position within the whole desktop area that may or may not be actually visible (in the case of projecting a 1920x1080 video on a 4k screen for instance). So lightguns know that they cannot exceed the maximum/minimum values of the window resolution, or transgress out of it, they remain accurate on any screen size.

Hope that makes sense...

Yeah thanks that's very clear, thanks!

But then what's your solution to make games like WSJR works in 2K ?

I mean the point is that those games work with a system of coordinates based on half the original screen resolution (360*240).

18 hours ago, Karis said:

Yeah thanks that's very clear, thanks!

But then what's your solution to make games like WSJR works in 2K ?

I mean the point is that those games work with a system of coordinates based on half the original screen resolution (360*240).

Sorry @Karis I missed this earlier.

Well the solution is that they are running at that overlay resolution :)

Il y a 8 heures, xxOToTOxx a dit :

Sorry @Karis I missed this earlier.

Well the solution is that they are running at that overlay resolution :)

Ah, i've got better.

function ResHMx(thisMuch)

thisMuch = math.floor((resX * thisMuch) / 360) 

return thisMuch

end

function ResHMy(thatMuch)

thatMuch = math.floor((resY * thatMuch) / 240)

return thatMuch

end

2 hours ago, Karis said:

Ah, i've got better.

function ResHMx(thisMuch)

thisMuch = math.floor((resX * thisMuch) / 360) 

return thisMuch

end

function ResHMy(thatMuch)

thatMuch = math.floor((resY * thatMuch) / 240)

return thatMuch

end

Yep, I spotted them and I will be also utilising these shortly :)

On 31/10/2021 at 11:52 AM, xxOToTOxx said:

Yep, I spotted them and I will be also utilising these shortly :)

Hypseus version of LBH HD, with new overlay and Real Showdown.

lbh-hd.png

MadDog II: HD

maddog2-shot3.png

Thanks you Karis as always for these great games.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

Le 31/10/2021 à 17:04, xxOToTOxx a dit :

Hypseus version of LBH HD, with new overlay and Real Showdown.

MadDog II: HD

Thanks you Karis as always for these great games.

You're very welcome ! 

64bit Windows Port of Daphne/Hypseus

The first 64bit version of Daphne for Windows (support for up to 16Tb M2V files)

The version released yesterday had a one line bug. Ensure you grab the latest version again from:

https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe/releases/download/v2.6.17/Hypseus.Singe-v2.6.17-win64.zip

If you have the previous version, you only need to take 'hypseus.exe' from the zip file and overwrite.

If you have the 32-bit version, and are upgrading, you will need 'hypseus.exe' and ALL the .dll files from the 64bit zip and overwrite the 32bit versions.

The 64bit version, should work markedly better on all the upscaled Daphne M2V files in this thread,so replace the 64-bit version of files within any Windows Template packages that you have (as described above).

I will attempt to update the Windows Template packages when I get time, but for the moment they contain the 32bit version.

The Windows Templates have now all been updated to 64bit v2.6.17

https://mega.nz/folder/t082hTgT#J9NiuIB9bl2pYSbj-jrjnQ

Daphne enters the Windows 64-bit world.......

hypseuswin.png

Modifié par xxOToTOxx
Windows Templates updated

So. I am looking for feedback on if this blanking works and is worth implementing ? 

As we are working from the LUA and not the original ROM images I have to trigger on events based on LUA events. So it's not 100% accurate and efficient but seems to work mostly. It gives some reasonable effect feedback based on timing. I didn't try to emulate the luminescence flashes as per @poiu video (and I'm not sure that would work in ALL games if I could) , but it's a step nearer....

The video is recorded on the original SD video for YouTube, but works on the HD versions too.   

Video updated to show current 2.6.18 functionality:

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

the flash you see is for tracking the gun with the CRT pixel, you don't have to recreate that, those who use a crt gun will have it by default.
the black hole is a simulation of the real laserdisc, you are not far in recreating it, and I like that.
But every black hole shows up in every frame search, so before the opponent appears and after he dies, analyze a movie and note this sequence.
frame search (black hole) the opponent appears, in the movie first he shoots you, so if you die the laserdisc will continue playing (no black hole) after that scene the opponent dies, so if you kill the opponent the laserdisc will do another frame search for death (black hole)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

On 09/11/2021 at 6:22 PM, poiu said:

the flash you see is for tracking the gun with the CRT pixel, you don't have to recreate that, those who use a crt gun will have it by default.
the black hole is a simulation of the real laserdisc, you are not far in recreating it, and I like that.
But every black hole shows up in every frame search, so before the opponent appears and after he dies, analyze a movie and note this sequence.
frame search (black hole) the opponent appears, in the movie first he shoots you, so if you die the laserdisc will continue playing (no black hole) after that scene the opponent dies, so if you kill the opponent the laserdisc will do another frame search for death (black hole)

Cool, that was a version 1 - I'm working on version 2 - will keep you updated......

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

On 09/11/2021 at 6:22 PM, poiu said:

@poiu

Version 2 based off LUA events: 

"discSearch"
"discSkipBackward"
"discSkipForward"
"discSkipToFrame"
-blank_searches -blank_skips -min_seek_delay 200

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

Hello guys i see the great improvements made with hypseus due to me switching things over to a crt , took some time into setting that up still not done

But If i get these HD files should i notice a big difference on a crt with it in quality ?  

But will install Hypseus finally this week & setting it up