Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Hypseus Singe - 2-Player Singe Gun Games

xxOToTOxx

Messages recommandés

On 06/10/2021 at 9:19 PM, Rex2573 said:

AMAZING...Is possible in fullscreen? Without bezels

Use:   

-x 3840 -y 2160 -nolinear_scale -fullscreen

New Windows Template here: https://mega.nz/folder/t082hTgT#J9NiuIB9bl2pYSbj-jrjnQ

This will remove the side bars, but not the top and bottom, that would require a recode, but is as per original.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

Hi all, 

was not sure if to start a new topic or reply to this thread (apologies if done wrong)

I am currently running old Daphne Loader - works fine, but when i saw some of these upgraded visuals - WOW, I needed to try Hypseus Singe!

I am already running the Singe emulator and have the Laserdisc games like Mad Dog Mcree running also - so not a complete noob in getting emulators to run.  However I am a bit stuck here.  

I am running / installing on a normal PC and I downloaded 2.6.15 Win 32 version along with the Windows batch files and extracted contents into a new folder.  However I then had problems getting the games to work, but messed around and managed to move forward.  Not sure if what I have done is correct or not.  

1.  The games only run when the Windows Batch File for said game is clicked.  I thought I could select the Hypseus application and be taken to a select screen like Singe.  When I click it, I get an error saying Bad Command line or initalization problem. Console: unknown game type specified.  However as earlier mentioned when the game batch file is selected, it runs.  I am doing something wrong or is there no selection screen like Singe or a Loader like Daphne?

2.  I cannot get the ActionMax or Singe Laserdisc games to run, whilst successful with the Daphne and the newer HD video files.  I put Space_Pirates_Singe_2 in the Singe folder in Hypseus Singe and renamed it to just spacepirates.  Yellow warning text appears in the CMD stating WARN (8836) [ldp_vldp::read_frame_conversions@1060] could not open framefile: singe/spacepirates/spacepirates.text

The Space Pirates folder I copied from Singe held 6 folders (CFG, Fonts, Overlay, Script, Sounds and Video) do I keep them all there or should the video files along with the script just be there, like there are in my vldp folder for Cliff Hanger

Mad Dog tried - error - Script singe\maddog\maddog.singe does not exist.  Original folder in Singe called Maddog_McCree_Singe_2.  So renamed it to just maddog in Hypseus Singe / Singe.  Same error

For ActionMax tried Blue Thunder.  Original text doc in my Singe folder is called frame_BlueThunder, so changed just to BlueThunder and I amended the top line of the text file to the correct folder. Or should I leave it as the default ./ ???  Error though stating could not parse video because file video_ActionMaxIntro.mkv could not be opened (VLDP error - did not find expected header.  Is this mpeg stream demultiplexed??

The video is in the folder and works correctly in Singe - again, am I missing something blindingly obvious here?

3.  The Daphne game sounds when running the games is a lot lower than when I run the same game at the same volume settings via Daphne Loader.  Something I am doing wrong?  I just copied and pasted the other files over from my Daphne setup

4.  I have managed to download (and run) some of the enhanced versions (Cliff Hanger is simply amazing compared to the version I was running in Daphne, just need to add that) managed to find  Esh's Aurinmila and Thayer's Quest.  Are there Dragons Lair and Space Ace versions too? Are these in the Daphne 4k V7.iso (62gb) along with all the others I guess? 

Apologies for long thread,  I really really tried everything before posting

Modifié par FP125

excuse me but i ignore how to use your games  ESH  and DON QUIX OTE  with your emulator    and unfortunately they are not in 16 9    but 4 3...i tried to use them on daphne  but nothingh to do...help me please

9 hours ago, FP125 said:

I am currently running old Daphne Loader - works fine, but when i saw some of these upgraded visuals - WOW, I needed to try Hypseus Singe!

:very-good:

I am running / installing on a normal PC and I downloaded 2.6.15 Win 32 version along with the Windows batch files and extracted contents into a new folder.  However I then had problems getting the games to work, but messed around and managed to move forward.  Not sure if what I have done is correct or not.  

1.  The games only run when the Windows Batch File for said game is clicked.  I thought I could select the Hypseus application and be taken to a select screen like Singe.  When I click it, I get an error saying Bad Command line or initalization problem. Console: unknown game type specified.  However as earlier mentioned when the game batch file is selected, it runs.  I am doing something wrong or is there no selection screen like Singe or a Loader like Daphne?

Firstly, a bit of history and heads up.

Work on Hypseus began to run on Linux and Raspberry Pi (which had no easy to implement Singe support). These systems have several frontends for Retro gaming setups. These Retro gaming platforms all utilize start scripts (i.e. bat files) that call hypseus with the arguments required for the specific games. Therefore there was no need for a 'Frontend' as it is all handled in gaming platform 'scripts' (bat files) and config.

The Windows port of Hypseus was first suggested by LizardKing in this forum, and would in essence provide a standalone emulator that required the same arguments. There are of course Gaming frontends for Windows: LaunchBox and HyperSpin that in essence do the same thing as RetroPie or Recalbox in Linux. It is initially assumed therefore that Hypseus be setup and run within these environments, and a knowledge of Daphne arguments may be required to do this. Personally I do not use Windows, and have little knowledge of those Widows based gaming platforms.

There is nothing that prevents you running Hypseus from .bat files as standalone games. I will detail below as best I can.

Standalone setup in Window:

As anyone who has used Daphne is aware, it requires some experimentation of the arguments to get things 'just right'. And everyone's 'just right' is different.

So generic settings are provided in the repo batch files to be used as a starting point.

The provided .bat files are setup to run within the directory you install Hypsues. Let's say:

C:\Hypseus Singe

When you are within that directory, the paths to the ROMS and video files make sense. Look at an example .bat file for 'lair':

hypseus.exe lair vldp -framefile vldp_dp\lair\lair.txt

As you can see, the 'vldp_dl' sub-directory has to exist within the directory you are starting from in order for this to make sense.

So, if you want to run the .bat file from some other location, there are a couple of things you could do to ensure it knows where things are:

1. Easiest (Add a 'cd' to the home directory at the beginning of the bat file):

cd C:\Hypseus Singe

hypseus.exe lair vldp -framefile vldp_dp\lair\lair.txt -fullscreen -bank 1 00110111 -bank 0 10011000 -fastboot -volume_nonvldp 5 -volume_vldp 20 -fastboot

PAUSE

2. Far more work (Provide the full path to all the arguments, you will probably also need to change the paths to video in the framefiles):

C:\Hypseus Singe\hypseus.exe lair vldp -framefile C:\Hypseus Singe\vldp_dp\lair\lair.txt -fullscreen -bank 1 00110111 -bank 0 10011000 -fastboot -volume_nonvldp 5 -volume_vldp 20 -fastboot

PAUSE

There may be better ways, as I say I am no Windows developer.

2.  I cannot get the ActionMax or Singe Laserdisc games to run, whilst successful with the Daphne and the newer HD video files.  I put Space_Pirates_Singe_2 in the Singe folder in Hypseus Singe and renamed it to just spacepirates.  Yellow warning text appears in the CMD stating WARN (8836) [ldp_vldp::read_frame_conversions@1060] could not open framefile: singe/spacepirates/spacepirates.text

The Space Pirates folder I copied from Singe held 6 folders (CFG, Fonts, Overlay, Script, Sounds and Video) do I keep them all there or should the video files along with the script just be there, like there are in my vldp folder for Cliff Hanger

Mad Dog tried - error - Script singe\maddog\maddog.singe does not exist.  Original folder in Singe called Maddog_McCree_Singe_2.  So renamed it to just maddog in Hypseus Singe / Singe.  Same error

For ActionMax tried Blue Thunder.  Original text doc in my Singe folder is called frame_BlueThunder, so changed just to BlueThunder and I amended the top line of the text file to the correct folder. Or should I leave it as the default ./ ???  Error though stating could not parse video because file video_ActionMaxIntro.mkv could not be opened (VLDP error - did not find expected header.  Is this mpeg stream demultiplexed??

The video is in the folder and works correctly in Singe - again, am I missing something blindingly obvious here?

Hypseus is based on the original Daphne codebase, which has very specific requirements in video and audio. This includes the original Singe 1 games that were a plugin to Daphne.

Although Singe 1 games will run unaltered (most of which you can grab in this forum), Singe 2 games will not run in Hypseus without porting. There is a dedicated Repo on this topic here:

https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus_singe_data

3.  The Daphne game sounds when running the games is a lot lower than when I run the same game at the same volume settings via Daphne Loader.  Something I am doing wrong?  I just copied and pasted the other files over from my Daphne setup

This is an option in the .bat files: Remove/adjust the following arguments to adjust volumes:

-volume_nonvldp 5 -volume_vldp 20

4.  I have managed to download (and run) some of the enhanced versions (Cliff Hanger is simply amazing compared to the version I was running in Daphne, just need to add that) managed to find  Esh's Aurinmila and Thayer's Quest.  Are there Dragons Lair and Space Ace versions too? Are these in the Daphne 4k V7.iso (62gb) along with all the others I guess? 

The best versions of non-hypseus game video, are linked by @maabus here. If I'm nice to him he may link Hypseus in there too :)

The original Daphne had experimental OpenGL (now mostly deprecated) for some titles, lair, lair2 and tq. So very nice upscales of these already exist. 

The 4k versions in this thread will only work in Hypseus Singe, which made the jump from now long deprecated SDL1 to SDL2 and can support UHD video.

Note: There are some other 4k videos linked on the first post in this thread.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

56 minutes ago, Rex2573 said:

excuse me but i ignore how to use your games  ESH  and DON QUIX OTE  with your emulator    and unfortunately they are not in 16 9    but 4 3...i tried to use them on daphne  but nothingh to do...help me please

These 4k files will not work in Daphne, only Hypseus Singe.

To use: Download the relevant 'Windows Template' for the game, grab the m2v video from the separate link and place in the relevant sub-directory. Run the .bat file.

Only 4:3 versions of these videos have been made to ensure that all the video content has been preserved, as per the originals.

I am not an advocate of cropping the video of the games.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

4 ore fa, xxOToTOxx ha scritto:

These 4k files will not work in Daphne, only Hypseus Singe.

To use: Download the relevant 'Windows Template' for the game, grab the m2v video from the separate link and place in the relevant sub-directory. Run the .bat file.

Only 4:3 versions of these videos have been made to ensure that all the video content has been preserved, as per the originals.

I am not an advocate of cropping the video of the games.

Great work My friend but i hate 4_3

35 minutes ago, Rex2573 said:

Great work My friend but i hate 4_3

You can use -x 3840 -y 2160 and it will scale to your (wide)screen display.

It will loose the original aspect ratio and be a little stretched, but at least you will see all the original content unlike cropped 16:9 ;)

Hypseus will by default adhere to the aspect ratio of the source video, so if the video is 16:9 it will display it as such - another enhancement over the original codebase.

You can force a rescale with the -x and -y arguments if you are that way inclined:

sdq_ws.png

esh_ws.png

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

23 ore fa, xxOToTOxx ha scritto:

Use:   

-x 3840 -y 2160 -nolinear_scale -fullscreen

New Windows Template here: https://mega.nz/file/Vg0BGIqL#qd7GcX3j6l6a6TbgTChLyPtJhIzqMc8loWOUvmg-ESk

This will remove the side bars, but not the top and bottom, that would require a recode, but is as per original.

excuse where i must put this file with resolution..in what folder

20 minuti fa, xxOToTOxx ha scritto:

You would need to edit the .bat file(s) in the game folder and add these arguments. 

and to play in 16  9   a must edit what my friend

23 minuti fa, xxOToTOxx ha scritto:

You would need to edit the .bat file(s) in the game folder and add these arguments. 

ok perfect thanks a lot..a last question  to play with xbox pad what i should do my friend

11 minutes ago, Rex2573 said:

ok perfect thanks a lot..a last question  to play with xbox pad what i should do my friend

You can either use something like xpadder, or alter the config file 'hypinput.ini' file in the same folder to map joystick keys.

The default control keys are:

[KEYBOARD]
KEY_UP = SDLK_UP 0 0 -002
KEY_DOWN = SDLK_DOWN 0 0 +002
KEY_LEFT = SDLK_LEFT 0 0 -001
KEY_RIGHT = SDLK_RIGHT 0 0 +001
KEY_COIN1 = SDLK_5 0 0
KEY_COIN2 = SDLK_6 0 0
KEY_START1 = SDLK_1 0 0
KEY_START2 = SDLK_2 0 0
KEY_BUTTON1 = SDLK_LCTRL 0 0
KEY_BUTTON2 = SDLK_LALT 0 0
KEY_BUTTON3 = SDLK_SPACE 0 0
KEY_SKILL1 = SDLK_LSHIFT 0 0
KEY_SKILL2 = SDLK_z 0 0
KEY_SKILL3 = SDLK_x 0 0
KEY_SERVICE = SDLK_9 0 0
KEY_TEST = SDLK_F2 0 0
KEY_RESET = SDLK_0 0 0
KEY_SCREENSHOT = SDLK_F12 0 0
KEY_QUIT = SDLK_ESCAPE 0 0
KEY_PAUSE = SDLK_p 0 0
KEY_CONSOLE = SDLK_BACKSLASH 0 0
KEY_TILT = SDLK_t 0 0
END

Further details are here: https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe/blob/master/doc/hypinput.ini

3 minuti fa, xxOToTOxx ha scritto:

You can either use something like xpadder, or alter the config file 'hypinput.ini' file in the same folder to map joystick keys.

The default control keys are:

[KEYBOARD]
KEY_UP = SDLK_UP 0 0 -002
KEY_DOWN = SDLK_DOWN 0 0 +002
KEY_LEFT = SDLK_LEFT 0 0 -001
KEY_RIGHT = SDLK_RIGHT 0 0 +001
KEY_COIN1 = SDLK_5 0 0
KEY_COIN2 = SDLK_6 0 0
KEY_START1 = SDLK_1 0 0
KEY_START2 = SDLK_2 0 0
KEY_BUTTON1 = SDLK_LCTRL 0 0
KEY_BUTTON2 = SDLK_LALT 0 0
KEY_BUTTON3 = SDLK_SPACE 0 0
KEY_SKILL1 = SDLK_LSHIFT 0 0
KEY_SKILL2 = SDLK_z 0 0
KEY_SKILL3 = SDLK_x 0 0
KEY_SERVICE = SDLK_9 0 0
KEY_TEST = SDLK_F2 0 0
KEY_RESET = SDLK_0 0 0
KEY_SCREENSHOT = SDLK_F12 0 0
KEY_QUIT = SDLK_ESCAPE 0 0
KEY_PAUSE = SDLK_p 0 0
KEY_CONSOLE = SDLK_BACKSLASH 0 0
KEY_TILT = SDLK_t 0 0
END

Further details are here: https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe/blob/master/doc/hypinput.ini

ok i thinked that was just ready and posted a preconfigured file ini as foe dapnhe or singe..ok

19 hours ago, Rex2573 said:

ok i thinked that was just ready and posted a preconfigured file ini as foe dapnhe or singe..ok

I wished I could give a config file that worked for everyone, but everyone's setup is different, and Windows is worse than Linux in this respect.

You need to configure your joystick config, either through something like https://generalarcade.com/gamepadtool or using joystick to keyboard mapping utils such as xpadder for your setup.

I have made hypinput.ini simpler to configure than the original Daphne dapinput.ini, but it still requires you to invest some time...

But once it's done. you can copy the .ini file to as many places as you have Hypseus.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

On 08/10/2021 at 8:06 AM, xxOToTOxx said:

You can use -x 3840 -y 2160 and it will scale to your (wide)screen display.

It will loose the original aspect ratio and be a little stretched, but at least you will see all the original content unlike cropped 16:9 ;)

Hypseus will by default adhere to the aspect ratio of the source video, so if the video is 16:9 it will display it as such - another enhancement over the original codebase.

You can force a rescale with the -x and -y arguments if you are that way inclined:

sdq_ws.png

esh_ws.png

but it wont be 4k just scaled right?

vor einer Stunde schrieb Cool Coyote:

but it wont be 4k just scaled right?

The files provided here are upscaled to 4k, with the original 4:3 aspect ratio, so they are 2880x2160
The arguments provided by xx0ToT0xx are forcing it to 16:9 by stretching it, to fill the screen left and right.
This is just if you don't like having black bars left and right and don't care about the original aspect ratio and having a slightly warped video then.

1 hour ago, DarkVoid666 said:

The files provided here are upscaled to 4k, with the original 4:3 aspect ratio, so they are 2880x2160
The arguments provided by xx0ToT0xx are forcing it to 16:9 by stretching it, to fill the screen left and right.
This is just if you don't like having black bars left and right and don't care about the original aspect ratio and having a slightly warped video then.

ok , good 1

I'm pretty new to Hypseus and I have trouble making my Sinden Lightgun work correctly...

With original Daphne Singe games, when not using the Sinden argument in the .bat file, my Sinden works but I have an offset issue (when aiming towards the center of the screen, crosshair is too far on the right). Strangely enough, downscaling the vids to 640x480 solves the issue.

Now with the SInden argument, crosshair disappear when aiming to the screen and comes back when moving the mouse. I tried the -manymouse argument alone and it's the same so I suspect it's the cause of my issue, but I may be wrong obviously...

Any idea how to solve this ?

TIA

Modifié par Tremolux

3 hours ago, Tremolux said:

Now with the SInden argument, crosshair disappear when aiming to the screen and comes back when moving the mouse. I tried the -manymouse argument alone and it's the same so I suspect it's the cause of my issue, but I may be wrong obviously...

@Tremolux

Heya,

I have altered the code and (re-)released 2.6.16 Windows version in the repo.

Can you download this zip again. You then only need to take the hypseus.exe from the new zip and add it to your existing directory (overwriting).

https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe/releases/tag/v2.6.16

Don't use the -manymouse argument, (was introduced mainly for Linux), and it doesn't seem to work correctly in Windows.

Just use the -sinden argument.

I don't have my Sinden yet (still waiting), so have been developing mainly from Sinden user feedback. However, conducting tests with DophinBar this seems to work in Windows. Hopefully also fixing the need to resize to 640x480.

Let me know if that helps.

Edit: Could you also verify if specifying a 16:9 ratio (-x 1920 -y 1080) still works accurately ?

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

il y a 57 minutes, xxOToTOxx a dit :

Heya,

Can you download this zip again. You then only need to take the hypseus.exe from the new zip and add it to your existing directory (overwriting).

Don't use the -manymouse argument, (was introduced mainly for Linux), and it doesn't seem to work correctly in Windows.

I don't have my Sinden yet (still waiting), so have been developing mainly from Sinden user feedback. However, conducting tests with DophinBar this seems to work in Windows. Hopefully also fixing the need to resize to 640x480.

Edit: Could you also verify if specifying a 16:9 ratio (-x 1920 -y 1080) still works accurately ?

Thanks a lot for your help ! Will test ASAP and let you know.

Il y a 1 heure, xxOToTOxx a dit :

@Tremolux

Heya,

Awesome, it's working like a charm, now :very-good:

Thank you !

Plus, 16:9 mode still works accurately, this is amazing !

I have still the offset issue with the Singe 2 vid upscaled in 1440x1080 then converted in mpeg2 .m2v though :what:

Do you think this can be fixed ?

Thanks a lot !

1 minute ago, Tremolux said:

Awesome, it's working like a charm, now :very-good:

Thank you !

Plus, 16:9 mode still works accurately, this is amazing !

Excellent news - thanks for confirming

1 minute ago, Tremolux said:

I have still the offset issue with the Singe 2 vid upscaled in 1440x1080 then converted in mpeg2 .m2v though :what:

Do you think this can be fixed ?

Can you be more specific - not sure what you are referring to here.....

What upscaling did you do ?

What game and arguments etc ?

il y a 9 minutes, xxOToTOxx a dit :

Excellent news - thanks for confirming

You're welcome !

il y a 9 minutes, xxOToTOxx a dit :

Can you be more specific - not sure what you are referring to here.....

What upscaling did you do ?

What game and arguments etc ?

I've upscaled the original johnnyrock Singe 2 .mp4 in 1440x1080 with Topaz Video Enhancer then converted in mpeg2 .m2v with FFmpeg as explained on your GitHub (also extracted audio and converted to .ogg, obviously).

The game works fine but I have a big crosshair offset (too far on the right).

Thx.

.bat command line is :

hypseus.exe singe vldp -sinden 5 b -script singe\ALG\johnnyrock\johnnyrock.singe -framefile singe\ALG\johnnyrock\johnnyrock.txt -nolinear_scale -blend_sprites -fullscreen

Modifié par Tremolux

14 minutes ago, Tremolux said:

I've upscaled the original johnnyrock Singe 2 .mp4 in 1440x1080 with Topaz Video Enhancer then converted in mpeg2 .m2v with FFmpeg as explained on your GitHub (also extracted audio and converted to .ogg, obviously).

The game works fine but I have a big crosshair offset (too far on the right).

Thx.

Wow, OK I wasn't even aware that the Singe 2 johnnyrock MP4 was compatible with the Singe 1 LUA..... !!

I didn't list it in my Singe 2 ported games section, as I haven't tried it. I guess the Singe 2 video must be just the original video conjoined and converted to MP4.....

That is good (and surprising) news. Will need to investigate further.

In regard to the issue you are having, can you post the log output ?

Edit: Or did you actually do the Singe 2 LUA porting yourself ?

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

23 minutes ago, Tremolux said:

Here it is !

But I can't see anything related to the crosshair offset issue :what:

hypseus.log

I was looking for a specific entry indicating if the window size was repainted, but appears not.

So, just so I am clear:

1. You are using the original Singe 1 LUA code and graphics for johnyrock, but with a converted Singe 2 MP4 via Topaz and ffmpeg ?
  2. The converted MP4 is 1440x1080 (4:3)?
  3. No other LUA changes, so as https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus_singe_data/tree/master/00-singe1/johnnyrock ?

Edit: Can you put the converted video in Mega, so I can do some testing ?

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

il y a 19 minutes, xxOToTOxx a dit :

I was looking for a specific entry indicating if the window size was repainted, but appears not.

All right !

il y a 19 minutes, xxOToTOxx a dit :

So, just so I am clear:

You are using the original Singe 1 LUA code and graphics for johnyrock, but with a converted Singe 2 MP4 via Topaz and ffmpeg ?

The converted MP4 is 1440x1080?

No other LUA changes, so as https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus_singe_data/tree/master/00-singe1/johnnyrock ?

Yes, this is absolutely this !

Just changed original .txt to johnnyrock.txt and edited as is :

0 cdrom/johnnyrock.m2v

Edit : will upload the converted video but it may take a while I have a poor bandwidth...

For now I've converted my 1440x1080 .mp4 with this command line :

ffmpeg -i .\johnnyrock_2.25x_1440x1080_alq-10.mp4 -an -qscale:v 0 -b:v 53800k -vf scale=720:480 -codec:v mpeg2video .\johnnyrock.m2v

And it works good, no crosshair offset issue ! :very-good: (strangely enough the image looks quite as good as the 1440x1080 version :what::P)

Modifié par Tremolux

7 minutes ago, Tremolux said:

All right !

Yes, this is absolutely this !

Just changed original .txt to johnnyrock.txt and edited as is :

0 cdrom/johnnyrock.m2v

Edit : will upload the converted video but it may take a while I have a poor bandwidth...

For now I've converted my 1440x1080 .mp4 with this command line :

ffmpeg -i .\johnnyrock_2.25x_1440x1080_alq-10.mp4 -an -qscale:v 0 -b:v 53800k -vf scale=720:480 -codec:v mpeg2video .\johnnyrock.m2v

And it works good, no crosshair offset issue ! :very-good: (strangely enough the image looks quite as good as the 1440x1080 version...)

Ok, I just converted the Singe 2 MP4 quickly via ffmpeg, and apart from a few extra logo's added it looks the same. Obviously though this is not upscaled and enhanced.

Yes, please if you could provide the 1440x1080 video via MEGA, I may be able to track down why the larger resolution is causing an issue.

All 'gun' games thus far have been 720x480 so I have no comparisons.

Hat's off to you for figuring the MP4's were compatible and it's really good to see others attempting to port stuff over. Also using all the new arguments in the batch files to get best presentation.:bravo:

Viva open source gaming !!!!

il y a 3 minutes, xxOToTOxx a dit :

Yes, please if you could provide the 1440x1080 video via MEGA, I may be able to track down why the larger resolution is causing an issue.

Uploading is WIP but on uptobox, I don't have a MEGA account, hope you don't mind.

il y a 5 minutes, xxOToTOxx a dit :

Hat's off to you for figuring the MP4's were compatible and it's really good to see others attempting to port stuff over. Also using all the new arguments in the batch files to get best presentation.:bravo:

Thank you but YOU are the genius here ! :bravo:

I'm so glad you solve the crosshair offset issue with 720x480 res :)

The sinden argument is such a nice touch :very-good:

Karis did an awesome job on his HD version of Mad Dog McCree for Singe 2 and I know he has another surprise for us he will release soon but I have a better overall experience with Hypseus so far. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, Hypseus supports Daphne games and I can't wait to try Astron Belt and hopefully someday, thanks to you guys, we'll be able to have sound in GP World ! ;)

3 minutes ago, Tremolux said:

Uploading is WIP but on uptobox, I don't have a MEGA account, hope you don't mind.

Provided I can grab it - no issues there.

Thank you but YOU are the genius here ! :bravo:

You are too kind, I did it mainly for me, glad others are enjoying.

I'm so glad you solve the crosshair offset issue with 720x480 res :)

The sinden argument is such a nice touch :very-good:

Bit of a gamble as I don't yet have the Sinden myself, but lots of reading and user help seems it's all good B)

Karis did an awesome job on his HD version of Mad Dog McCree for Singe 2 and I know he has another surprise for us he will release soon but I have a better overall experience with Hypseus so far.

Singe 2 and Hypseus are really different beasts, but it gives people options. Karis does some amazing work here, and I just take his efforts and make them work in Hypseus if possible (with some caveats).

Plus, if I'm not mistaken, Hypseus supports Daphne games and I can't wait to try Astron Belt and hopefully someday, thanks to you guys, we'll be able to have sound in GP World ! ;)

Hypseus does indeed support Daphne, and it has a few nice new features, including an advanced control system for joysticks etc.

But don't hold your breathe on getting GP World sound any time soon....

il y a 2 minutes, xxOToTOxx a dit :

But don't hold your breathe on getting GP World sound any time soon....

Yeah, I assume someone would already have figured out how to do it if it was possible...the problem is that the motor sound was generated by the computer, right ? So I guess you need to emulate a specific board or something like that ?

Just now, Tremolux said:

Yeah, I assume someone would already have figured out how to do it if it was possible...the problem is that the motor sound was generated by the computer, right ? So I guess you need to emulate a specific board or something like that ?

Spot on. The sound is sent from the (original arcade) ROM to the emulated CPU and needs to be processed by the on-board sound chips. The issue seems to be no one is clear on the schematics, and design, of the sound chip used. So there is a lack of documentation, and data sheets, on how to emulate the sound chip.