Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Hypseus Singe - 2-Player Singe Gun Games

xxOToTOxx

Messages recommandés

one thing i noticed with the original singe with the American Laser Games the cursor is like this blocky pixel(s) that when i made it blank the accuracy was way off in the game espacially when the enemy is standing at a very far distance in the game to catch them its impossible , with mame the acuracy is very good without crosshair but ALG are not supported any time soon.

But im going to test Hypseus very soon

With Original Singe you can play with lightguns using the windowed fullscreen option. 

Anyway, Nor Original Singe nor Singe2 work right with ALG games. I think the reason is that the hitboxes are static, and there are some scenes where they doesn't fit with the target (like the car scene in Crime Patrol)

Also at least with singe2, I have random crashes, found some bugs in the Last Bounty Hunter (some videos won't go where they should), the Ingame HUD is resized and blurred...

Have these problems been solved in Hyperseus?

For me winuae works far better than Singe for these games (and two players), but you need the original LD video and I only found Mad Dog 1, 2, Gallaghers Gallery and Platoon.

It seems people who owns the LD content for the rest of the games don't want to share for some reason, maybe when MAME supports it in 10 or 20 years they will share, I don't know...

On 25/08/2021 at 1:05 PM, phasermaniac said:

With Original Singe you can play with lightguns using the windowed fullscreen option. 

@phasermaniac

This was an attempt to work-a-round the 'relative' mouse issues as far as I can make out. It created a ('Sinden' like) pseudo border around the edge of the window (but not as obvious), which was used to determine the edge of the screen. 'Absolute' mouse support was never released in Singe, I have seen code where it was attempted but not released. (To be honest I have not looked at Singe 2 source code). This input method is restricted to the dimensions of the window resolution, like a touchpad. I didn't use a lightgun in original Singe, as it never worked correctly in Linux, so will leave the comparisons to others. Reports thus far have been the target is dead on.

The distinction of mouse input types is explained well in this thread: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/5215

Anyway, Nor Original Singe nor Singe2 work right with ALG games. I think the reason is that the hitboxes are static, and there are some scenes where they doesn't fit with the target (like the car scene in Crime Patrol)

Well these are fan created games, and are not based around the actual ROM images from the arcade games. Singe has always been like this: 'best effort'.

You are always welcome to learn a little LUA language and propose fixes.

Also at least with singe2, I have random crashes, found some bugs in the Last Bounty Hunter (some videos won't go where they should), the Ingame HUD is resized and blurred...

Have these problems been solved in Hyperseus?

There were some serious issue in LBH LUA, I played through and fixed as many as I could find and put the fixed LUA for this, and other, Singe 1 games in my repo:

https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus_singe_data

It seems people who owns the LD content for the rest of the games don't want to share for some reason, maybe when MAME supports it in 10 or 20 years they will share, I don't know...

Maybe they are too busy contributing to the Doomsday Project   :)

For me winuae works far better than Singe for these games (and two players), but you need the original LD video and I only found Mad Dog 1, 2, Gallaghers Gallery and Platoon.

As explained above, MAME, and Amiga Emulators, will use the arcade ROM's, so will give accurate arcade conversions, like Daphne.

But this is some serious low level analysing of ROM memory, determining old CPU calls and coding the emulation of them. 

You will not get better than that, (unless playing original arcade hardware) - If/when it happens.

Until then we have Singe, especially for the Raspberry Pi community....

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

33 minutes ago, stuart2773 said:

@xxOToTOxx

are there any 4k versions of Badlands?

Not that I am aware of. But if anyone has the inclination, software and processing power to run the Daphne video through Topaz, it will play in Hypseus.

I would love to get more Daphne videos upscaled to 4k, if anyone willing to volunteer ?

Massive thanks to @Nit3H8wk for his time and knowledge, 4K Badlands:

4K Badlands M2V

https://mega.nz/file/sgd21R5C#J-S_QvQ6TaF4xmGGGKh6_2HFhDM1gjL5BWSa3Rjddlw

Windows template (Requires the 4K M2V)

https://mega.nz/folder/t082hTgT#J9NiuIB9bl2pYSbj-jrjnQ

Other HD M2V (shared folder): https://mega.nz/folder/YhFTVYCY#aCVLZHBj5rM951zzk-7nfg

badlands-1.png

badlands-2.png

badlands-3.png

badlands-4.png

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

10 minutes ago, snupello said:

every game i listen audio but i don't see video, maybe a problem with my cab's codecs. I use a resolution of 640x480 and i force resoluton for crt tv; If I edit the txt file I could see the video ??

First question: You are trying to run 4k content on a 640x480 CRT ?  Or with standard video ?

Try forcing the resolution by adding: '-x 640 -y 480' to the end of the .bat file arguments.

7 minuti fa, xxOToTOxx ha scritto:

First question: You are trying to run 4k content on a 640x480 CRT ?  Or with standard video ?

Try forcing the resolution by adding: '-x 640 -y 480' to the end of the .bat file arguments.

i have a old crt and use pc and force reolution to 640X480

I'll try

3 minutes ago, snupello said:

i have a old crt and use pc and force reolution to 640X480

I'll try

I have no idea if SDL will handle the conversion down from 4k to that resolution on a CRT, and have no means to test.

But it does seem a waste of CPU cycles dealing with that video resolution, on a display which would show SD content comfortably.

If that doesn't work, just grab the SD content from http://www.emuline.org/topic/1628-arcade-pc-daphne-singe-singe-2-set-laser-disc/ 

Replace the HD M2V files with the SD versions, the same Windows Template will work.

List of games: All the Daphne games + all Singe 1 games + games ported here: https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus_singe_data

The RPi is still very under powered compared to a full spec PC, running Windows or Linux. In fact the Pi4 has lost some power in dealing with MPEG-2 video:

Pi0-3 have hardware accelerated decode for H264, MPEG4, H263, and through optional codec licences for MPEG2 and VC1.
Pi4 has the same hardware accelerated decode for H264, but not the other codecs.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=268356

You will have far more success with 4k content on a cheap PC, and stick a second hand GeForce GT 710, or similar, in there.

Then run Ubuntu on it if you are feeling adventurous - (you can then install RetroPie on top). Or go the Windows route.

I like the RPi, but people expect too much of it.

Another choice is to get an 'old' MSI Cubi or Intel NUC, if you can find one at a decent price. But your 4k experience will depend on model.

My 2c.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

1 hour ago, mazinger4life said:

Disclaimer, any advise given should be taken as purely that: Advise. Please do your own research :)

Any on them would do what you want. I'm not sure what the marketplace is like where you are, but eBay might give you a better price on these refurbished deals. Especially for the GT 710.

It depends where you want to put the PC, this will dictate what form factor of the case, is better for you.

For Retrogaming you are emulating very old hardware, so don't need much CPU. But if you start adding 4k video into the loop, then you have to have the means to deal with processing and displaying it. Hence the GT 710. But any i5 (or i7) processor of 3rd gen or newer will blow the RPi out of the water.

Edit: I would look for one without a hard drive and Windows, then put a decent SSD and install Ubuntu, save yourself a few bucks.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

19 ore fa, xxOToTOxx ha scritto:

Non ho idea se SDL gestirĂ  la conversione da 4k a quella risoluzione su un CRT e non ha mezzi per testare.

Ma sembra uno spreco di cicli della CPU che si occupano di quella risoluzione video, su un display che mostrerebbe comodamente il contenuto SD.

Se non funziona, prendi il contenuto SD da  http://www.emuline.org/topic/1628-arcade-pc-daphne-singe-singe-2-set-laser-disc/ 

Sostituisci i file HD M2V con le versioni SD, lo stesso modello di Windows funzionerĂ .

tks

Am 27.8.2021 um 22:51 schrieb xxOToTOxx:

Not that I am aware of. But if anyone has the inclination, software and processing power to run the Daphne video through Topaz, it will play in Hypseus.

I would love to get more Daphne videos upscaled to 4k, if anyone willing to volunteer ?

What kind of software and processing power is needed to do this?

2 hours ago, DarkVoid666 said:

What kind of software and processing power is needed to do this?

I haven't performed this myself, but from @Nit3H8wk I believe https://topazlabs.com/ is the software used. 

I also think that decent GeForce RTX can be used to offset the CPU usage in the latest versions.

I'm sure slower capacity systems will also work fine, but just take longer to process the video.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb xxOToTOxx:

I haven't performed this myself, but from @Nit3H8wk I believe https://topazlabs.com/ is the software used. 

I also think that decent GeForce RTX can be used to offset the CPU usage in the latest versions.

I'm sure slower capacity systems will also work fine, but just take longer to process the video.

I'm om WIN10 64Bit, i74790k, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070ti and i would have access to a cracked version of Topaz.
I would have no problem doing a trial run, to see how it goes and how my system would handle it.
But i have no experience in video encoding or so and i have literally no clue what to do and how.

So you haven't done this yourself and are also more or less clueless than i am or you have a little bit of knowledge?

18 minutes ago, DarkVoid666 said:

I'm om WIN10 64Bit, i74790k, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070ti and i would have access to a cracked version of Topaz.
I would have no problem doing a trial run, to see how it goes and how my system would handle it.
But i have no experience in video encoding or so and i have literally no clue what to do and how.

So you haven't done this yourself and are also more or less clueless than i am or you have a little bit of knowledge?

I use a cracked version of topaz been using my laptop with a i7 11800h, 32gb ram and a rtx 3080. I use artemis HQ and CG instead of progressive and 2880x2160 instead of the default 3840x2160. The end result is a mp4 file which I convert back to m2v with ffmpeg.

On 01/09/2021 at 8:28 PM, Nit3H8wk said:

I use a cracked version of topaz been using my laptop with a i7 11800h, 32gb ram and a rtx 3080. I use artemis HQ and CG instead of progressive and 2880x2160 instead of the default 3840x2160. The end result is a mp4 file which I convert back to m2v with ffmpeg.

Thanks @Nit3H8wk for info.

Basically, you need to maintain the same Frames per Seconds (FPS) and aspect ratio as the original video.

In Windows: https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download/Windows this tool might be useful.

View  -> Tree
Debug -> Advanced Mode
Look for 'Duration', 'Frame Rate' and  'Frame Count'

Look to keep these as close to the original as possible.

Beyond that, you need to look for filters that clean up the video, (only a few) have tried this before, so try and see what looks good..... 

ffmpeg:  https://ffmpeg.org/download.html

The final conversion from MP4 to M2v would use something like this:

ffmpeg.exe -i <original>.mp4 -an -b:v 21400k -codec:v mpeg2video <game>.m2v

Maybe force FPS with:

ffmpeg.exe -i <original>.mp4 -filter:v fps=29.970 -an -b:v 21400k -codec:v mpeg2video <game>.m2v

Alter bitrate (-b:v) as appropriate.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Nit3H8wk:

Nice specs :very-good:
I'm guessing, artemis HQ and CG instead of progressive and 2880x2160 instead of the default 3840x2160, those are settings in Topaz?

So i can use the m2v files of the game with Topas and encode it with those settings? How long did it take on your system in general?

vor 31 Minuten schrieb xxOToTOxx:

Thanks @Nit3H8wk for info.

Basically, you need to maintain the same Frames per Seconds (FPS) and aspect ratio as the original video.

In Windows: https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download/Windows this tool might be useful.

View  -> Tree
Debug -> Advanced Mode
Look for 'Duration' and 'Frame Count'

Look to keep these as close to the original as possible.

Beyond that, you need to look for filters that clean up the video, no one has tried this before, so try and see what looks good.....

I see, so i'm guessing it is a little bit of trial and error in the beginning.
So the best thing would be, to take the smallest video file available and do some experimenting.
Which games would be needed to be done?

Thanx for all the input so far, guys.;)

3 minutes ago, DarkVoid666 said:

Nice specs :very-good:
I'm guessing, artemis HQ and CG instead of progressive and 2880x2160 instead of the default 3840x2160, those are settings in Topaz?

So i can use the m2v files of the game with Topas and encode it with those settings? How long did it take on your system in general?

I see, so i'm guessing it is a little bit of trial and error in the beginning.
So the best thing would be, to take the smallest video file available and do some experimenting.
Which games would be needed to be done?

Thanx for all the input so far, guys.;)

I would suggest, 'esh' or 'sdq' might be good to play with ?

Others that we don't have are:

bega, cliff (for Daphne), galaxy,  gpworld, interstellar, mach3 or uvt

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

On 01/09/2021 at 9:17 PM, DarkVoid666 said:

Ah ok, i have those, from the Daphne 4K iso by Lizard King.
But i'm not sure if they've been already encoded and if i should use these files.
Or is it better to use the original unaltered video files?

Whichever gives the better result. The frame counts and FPS will be the same if used in Daphne, but obviously the resolution will be SD, as the original Daphne couldn't support those title in HD.

We have tq, and ace and lair, lair2 in higher resolution, as they were supported in original opengl, albeit not 4k.

As you said, some experimenting.....

Don't feel you have to go to 2880x2160, 1440x1080 would also be a huge improvement.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

vor einer Stunde schrieb xxOToTOxx:

Whichever gives the better result. The frame counts and FPS will be the same if used in Daphne, but obviously the resolution will be SD, as the original Daphne couldn't support those title in HD.

We have tq, and ace and lair, lair2 in higher resolution, as they were supported.

As you said, some experimenting.....

Don't feel you have to go to 2880x2160, 1440x1080 would also be a huge improvement.

Ok, so i think i'll give it a try with the files i already have. Since i have a 4k screen, i would go for 2880x2160 and see how long it will take on my machine to encode.
Guess, i'll start with SDQ, this was always one of my favourites, since i'm an old f**k, i've played it in the arcades back in the day and preferred it over DL or SA, cause it was easier and not quite that coin muncher.:)

vor 2 Stunden schrieb xxOToTOxx:

Others that we don't have are:

bega, cliff (for Daphne), galaxy,  gpworld, interstellar, mach3 or uvt

I'll keep that in mind, if i'm succesful with my first task, in making a good useful encode.
Dunno, how long that will take though, since i have to start from the very beginning with this.:timide:

On 03/09/2021 at 11:43 AM, famawizard said:

It would be possible to add additional video decoders other than simple mpeg-2?

Not without considerable rewriting of the underlying engine. This is a port of Daphne VLDP, and this has always used MPEG2.

I suspect that the issues of changing codecs would break Daphne far more than Singe, but then we have Singe 2 which already has those enhancements.

I also think most people will want to use their existing video for Daphne, the 4k is probably only for enthusiasts.

I'm sure it could be done, but I very much doubt this change would be anywhere near trivial.

The project is open source, so anyone is welcome to attempt, but for the above reasons, it would need to support both the original and newer codecs with auto-detection between them.

Note: Some audio specs are very specific in Daphne, so this would also have to be taken into account in introducing new codecs:

// frequency all our audio runs at.
// In order to change this value, all .wav's and .ogg's will need to be
// resampled, which
//  is quite involved. Other parts of the code may assume the frequency is 44100
//  too (such as ldp-vldp-audio.cpp)
static const uint16_t FREQ = 44100;

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

With a massive thanks to @DarkVoid666 for all the work, and @Nit3H8wk as technical adviser :)

Super don Quix-ote 4k:

https://drive.filen.io/d/949e3c0d-e64f-4968-8684-fdbad054c7d9#DXatwBkIKLwm6vNlPtL12UJwU40tiX4J

Windows Template: 

sdq-2.png

sdq-1.png

sdq-4.png

There are two sets of .bat files within the Windows Template.

The default will enable SDL2 bilinear scaling, the other will disable this feature.

overlay.png

Modifié par xxOToTOxx
Download link updated

Again all the credit goes to @DarkVoid666 for the encoding.

This was a particularly tricky re-code due to the dire condition of the source material, but here is:

Esh's Aurunmilla 4k:

https://drive.filen.io/d/216c6a96-c2ad-4e4d-97f2-eac1b4a8165d#XQCcDEg2VDQvBjJ1wg61pNk4FJBk73Jb

Windows Template:

esh-2.png

esh-1.png

esh-4.png

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

hello, i'm using Hyperspin, no problem with daphne, no problem with singe 1 games, but i can't run game about hypseus singe. i have module issues. I'm using daphne.ahk for the first and daphnesinge.ahk for the second. with hypseus games they start but after some second i have a window with module problem (hypseus is 2.6.14 version)

any idea?

Modifié par MrBerni
aggiunta frase

18 hours ago, MrBerni said:

hello, i'm using Hyperspin, no problem with daphne, no problem with singe 1 games, but i can't run game about hypseus singe. i have module issues. I'm using daphne.ahk for the first and daphnesinge.ahk for the second. with hypseus games they start but after some second i have a window with module problem (hypseus is 2.6.14 version)

any idea?

Can you provide (full) logs when it fails?

Would be useful to see what arguments are being passed to Hypseus also ?

I am not familiar with Hyperspin. But I found some examples of daphne.ahk and daphnesinge.ahk, and they look sane.

If it is starting up then failing, it sounds like a late stage failure, maybe not locating the fonts. Did you install the Hypseus 'fonts' directory to the Daphne home?

If you can provide some logs, I will be able to debug further.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

@DarkVoid666 encoding presents:

Cliff Hanger 4k:

https://drive.filen.io/d/08f08552-383f-471f-9391-6f9aad061096#SsmcR11RJqEmyQMChFt0Md70vBX24NyZ

Windows Template:

cliff-1.png

cliff-2.png

cliff-3.png

Modifié par xxOToTOxx
HypseusSingeCliffv2

• 3 semaines après...
Il 18/9/2021 Alle 19:12, xxOToTOxx ha scritto:

AMAZING...Ispossible in fullscreen? Without bezels

Modifié par Rex2573