Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Hypseus Singe - 2-Player Singe Gun Games

xxOToTOxx

Messages recommandés

Just re-encoded Titan AE as I missed the specific instructions for that one (Although it did seem to play ok), I have noticed however a lip sync issue (Before and after re-doing it) on the intro video, audio seems ahead of the video.

Once in the game it plays ok, is there anyway I can tweak this?

Another one I can't see the issue, tested on 32bit and 64bit - all seem in-sync....

Are you running the latest version - v2.5.2 ?

/opt/retropie/emulators/daphne/daphne.bin -v

file /opt/retropie/emulators/daphne/daphne.bin

pi@arcade1up:~$ /opt/retropie/emulators/daphne/daphne.bin -v
[version] Hypseus Singe: v2.5.2-RPi
[console] Linux 5.4
[console] SDL(CC): 2.0.10
[console] SDL(LD): 2.0.10
[console] Compiled: May 26 2021 10:45:11
file /opt/retropie/emulators/daphne/daphne.bin
/opt/retropie/emulators/daphne/daphne.bin: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, for GNU/Linux 3.2.0, BuildID[sha1]=fb2e4ff483e9420da22ccbcc5e900c9ef9daf6fd, not stripped

5 minutes ago, 312BhP said:

pi@arcade1up:~$ /opt/retropie/emulators/daphne/daphne.bin -v
[version] Hypseus Singe: v2.5.2-RPi
[console] Linux 5.4
[console] SDL(CC): 2.0.10
[console] SDL(LD): 2.0.10
[console] Compiled: May 26 2021 10:45:11

file /opt/retropie/emulators/daphne/daphne.bin
/opt/retropie/emulators/daphne/daphne.bin: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, for GNU/Linux 3.2.0, BuildID[sha1]=fb2e4ff483e9420da22ccbcc5e900c9ef9daf6fd, not stripped

All good, are you sure it's not just the resolution and bitrate of the video making the pi work a little too hard ?

I do have to run at 720p on the pi for this one.

@xxOToTOxx been trying to get two versions of Maddog running in different folders (One American Laser Games, one Singe 2) just to see if I could really.

I have got it working ok but noticed what I think is a typo in the repo?

https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus_singetwo_data/blob/master/maddog/service.singe

maddog is spelt madodog, not sure if it matters but I corrected it and still seems to work ok...

sprCursor  = spriteLoad("singe/madodog/crosshaird.png")

7 minutes ago, 312BhP said:

maddog is spelt madodog, not sure if it matters but I corrected it and still seems to work ok...

sprCursor  = spriteLoad("singe/madodog/crosshaird.png")

Well spotted, I have pushed fix to repo - thank you

ActionMax: That is a real special case.

It uses a completely different loading mechanism, with shared .singe files, I run it locally on the desktop, but have not used on RetroPie, nor do I have any scripts to make it work on there.

It will require a whole new loading script to get this working in RetroPie, so I am glad you volunteered ;)

So in seriousness, I can look to put together a script for this, possibly another daphne.sh, but need to carefully think how best to do this, as it's not as easy as the others and don't want to go too deep back into RetroPie script land......

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

18 hours ago, xxOToTOxx said:

ActionMax: That is a real special case.

Didn't need a new loading script in the end, a few rejigged files and I think it is working fine.

As a heads up, there are video/audio sync issues in this, it's the source material, not an Hypseus issue. 

Also observed in Singe. First load, following .dat file generation, seems to speed up. Subsequent loads seem fine.

ActionMax INSTALL

• Obtain download from: https://archive.org/details/singev1-actionmax
  • Place actionmax folder as ~/RetroPie/roms/daphne/actionmax (Note: no .daphne extension)
  • Within your ~/RetroPie/roms/daphne/singe folder symlink actionmax folders
cd ~/RetroPie/roms/daphne/singe
ln -s ../actionmax actionmax
cd ..
ln -s actionmax popsghostly.daphne
ln -s actionmax sonicfury.daphne
ln -s actionmax hydrosub2021.daphne
ln -s actionmax bluethunder.daphne
ln -s actionmax 38ambushalley.daphne
  • Within the actionmax folder do the following to align with daphne.sh - (Note the '.' at the end of some commands):
cd ~/RetroPie/roms/daphne/actionmax

mv 38ambushalley/38ambushalley.singe .
mv 38ambushalley/frame_38ambushalley.txt 38ambushalley.txt
mv bluethunder/bluethunder.singe .
mv bluethunder/frame_bluethunder.txt bluethunder.txt
mv hydrosub2021/hydrosub2021.singe .
mv hydrosub2021/frame_hydrosub2021.txt hydrosub2021.txt
mv popsghostly/popsghostly.singe .
mv popsghostly/frame_popsghostly.txt popsghostly.txt
mv sonicfury/sonicfury.singe .
mv sonicfury/frame_sonicfury.txt sonicfury.txt
  • Then you need to change each framefile to align with new location (Again note the '.'):

Edit 38ambushalley.txt to:

1       video_actionmaxintro.m2v
355     38ambushalley/video_38ambushalley.m2v
28175   video_menu.m2v

Edit bluethunder.txt to:

1       video_actionmaxintro.m2v
355     bluethunder/video_bluethunder.m2v
27950   video_menu.m2v

Edit hydrosub2021.txt to:

355     hydrosub2021/video_hydrosub2021.m2v
28820   video_menu.m2v

Edit popsghostly.txt to:

355     popsghostly/video_popsghostly.m2v
31835   video_menu.m2v

Edit sonicfury.txt to:

355     sonicfury/video_sonicfury.m2v
26645   video_menu.m2v

• Reload emulationstation
  • Have VHS fun

Also documented here: https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus_singetwo_data/tree/master/actionmax

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

@xxOToTOxx I think I followed everything ok, the game now loads and plays the intro video but then crashes back to the menu when the game video is supposed to start...

2021-05-28 14:20:59.041 INFO  [8614] [reset_logfile@321] Version v2.5.2-RPi
2021-05-28 14:20:59.042 INFO  [8614] [reset_logfile@325] Command line: /opt/retropie/emulators/daphne/daphne.bin singe vldp -framefile /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/daphne/38ambushalley.daphne/38ambushalley.txt -script /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/daphne/38ambushalley.daphne/38ambushalley.singe -homedir /opt/retropie/emulators/daphne -js_range 20 -fullscreen -x 1920 -y 1080 -ignore_aspect_ratio 
2021-05-28 14:20:59.042 INFO  [8614] [reset_logfile@326] CPU : UnknownCPU || Mem : 7872 megs
2021-05-28 14:20:59.042 INFO  [8614] [reset_logfile@327] OS : Linux 5.4 || Video : Unknown video
2021-05-28 14:20:59.042 INFO  [8614] [reset_logfile@328] RGB2YUV Function: C
2021-05-28 14:20:59.042 INFO  [8614] [reset_logfile@334] Line Blending Function: C
2021-05-28 14:20:59.042 INFO  [8614] [reset_logfile@341] Audio Mixing Function: C
2021-05-28 14:21:01.268 INFO  [8614] [ldp_vldp::read_frame_conversions@1037] Framefile parse succeeded. Video/Audio directory is: /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/daphne/38ambushalley.daphne/./
2021-05-28 14:21:01.289 INFO  [8614] [printline@96] Starting Singe version 1.20
2021-05-28 14:21:01.575 INFO  [8614] [printline@96] SINGE: Overlay drawn to 320 x 240
2021-05-28 14:21:19.877 INFO  [8614] [printline@96] SINGE: Could not RenderTarget in get_pixel

3 hours ago, 312BhP said:

@xxOToTOxx I think I followed everything ok, the game now loads and plays the intro video but then crashes back to the menu when the game video is supposed to start...

2021-05-28 14:20:59.041 INFO  [8614] [reset_logfile@321] Version v2.5.2-RPi
2021-05-28 14:20:59.042 INFO  [8614] [reset_logfile@325] Command line: /opt/retropie/emulators/daphne/daphne.bin singe vldp -framefile /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/daphne/38ambushalley.daphne/38ambushalley.txt -script /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/daphne/38ambushalley.daphne/38ambushalley.singe -homedir /opt/retropie/emulators/daphne -js_range 20 -fullscreen -x 1920 -y 1080 -ignore_aspect_ratio 
2021-05-28 14:20:59.042 INFO  [8614] [reset_logfile@326] CPU : UnknownCPU || Mem : 7872 megs
2021-05-28 14:20:59.042 INFO  [8614] [reset_logfile@327] OS : Linux 5.4 || Video : Unknown video
2021-05-28 14:20:59.042 INFO  [8614] [reset_logfile@328] RGB2YUV Function: C
2021-05-28 14:20:59.042 INFO  [8614] [reset_logfile@334] Line Blending Function: C
2021-05-28 14:20:59.042 INFO  [8614] [reset_logfile@341] Audio Mixing Function: C
2021-05-28 14:21:01.268 INFO  [8614] [ldp_vldp::read_frame_conversions@1037] Framefile parse succeeded. Video/Audio directory is: /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/daphne/38ambushalley.daphne/./
2021-05-28 14:21:01.289 INFO  [8614] [printline@96] Starting Singe version 1.20
2021-05-28 14:21:01.575 INFO  [8614] [printline@96] SINGE: Overlay drawn to 320 x 240
2021-05-28 14:21:19.877 INFO  [8614] [printline@96] SINGE: Could not RenderTarget in get_pixel

Interesting, I think you may be the first to try this on a Pi. Seems to be something to do with loading the SDL Texture as a RendererTarget.

I don't have a Pi setup at the moment, so can you try a few things please.

First get rid of these:

-fullscreen -x 1920 -y 1080 -ignore_aspect_ratio 

and replace with each of these to test:

-fullscreen_window -nohwaccel

-fullscreen -nohwaccel

These games use a pixel reading function that no other games use, but works fine on Nvidia and Intel accelerated graphics.

My suspicion is adding -nohwaccel argument might fix it.....

Interesting one....

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

Ok so...

This works but at like 10fps (Maybe less) and doesn't fill the screen (Sideways)...

-fullscreen_window -nohwaccel

This doesn't work...

-fullscreen_window

This also works but at a snails pace but is full screen...

-nohwaccel

1 hour ago, xxOToTOxx said:

-fullscreen -nohwaccel

^ that one ?

Also do you have the MP2 license enabled on this Pi? 

Not on this one I don't think, I did pay for it when I first bought a Pi but that was a 2b.

I don't mind paying if you think it will help?

This one isn't full screen, runs very slow as before but does work...

-fullscreen -nohwaccel

PLEASE NOTE, THIS KEY WILL NOT WORK WITH RASPBERRY Pi 4 - RASPBERRY PI 4 DOES NOT HAVE MPEG-2 HARDWARE DECODE

Modifié par 312BhP

ActionMax

Revising this answer after some experimentation.

https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus_singe_data/tree/master/00-singe1/actionmax#current-actionmax-status-sdl2

Note to self:  https://wiki.libsdl.org/SDL_SetRenderTarget   https://wiki.libsdl.org/SDL_RenderReadPixels - SDL2 cross-platform issue.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

10 hours ago, 312BhP said:

I enjoy getting stuff working possibly more than actually playing it, thanks for looking into the issue with ActionMax...Blue Thunder will have to wait :)

I am pretty much the same there - lol 

On 29/05/2021 at 11:49 AM, 312BhP said:

@xxOToTOxx Did you ever take a look at getting Mononoke working?

Those games are strictly in Singe 2 territory - too many video frames that surpass the 16bit limit of the Daphne VLDP.

As a rough guide/general rule, if the total length of all video for the game is over 45 mins, it will exceed the 16bit 65535 video frame limit.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

23 hours ago, Cool Coyote said:

god this daphnee forum is daunting to me, jez.  why havnt the gd people made daphnee loader in HD already, be much easier

Daphne commands are daunting, I don't deny it. However, even the original Daphne was a command line driven program. The DaphneLoader was written to add a nice GUI frontend, this was however written 10+ years ago with closed source, so only Matt Ownby has that code, the HD videos were not around then....

At its heart though, the arguments are very simple to get games up and running in a default state.

You need to start by constructing the command arguments in the Command Prompt so that you are able to see logs.

Begin:

Decide on a home directory for Hypseus/Daphne: e.g. c:\hypseus

Place files in the pics, fonts, ram, roms, sound, singe, vldp subdirectories - Daphne game ROM's should be within roms folder.

I am going to use hypseus as the examples here, but replace hypseus.exe with daphne.exe if that is the route you wish to take:

• Start Command Prompt
  • Change to the directory containing hypseus/daphne program and game data (cd c:\hypseus)

Daphne:

Assuming you have your game data in the 'vldp' subfolder (Note: this can sometime be 'vldp_dl' for Digital Leisure games):

The FIRST argument will be a Daphne supported game name see details here: Daphne arguments - Ensure you have the ROM for the game.

The SECOND argument will always be 'vldp' - (This is not the directory location but stands for "Virtual LaserDisc Player")

The -framefile argument will always need to be supplied

hypseus.exe lair vldp -framefile vldp\lair\lair.txt

This will give you a windowed game at default resolution.

If you want to make resolution larger use -x and -y arguments:

hypseus.exe lair vldp -framefile vldp\lair\lair.txt -x 1600 -y 1200

If you want to make this FULLSCREEN use -fullscreen or -fullscreen_window:

hypseus.exe lair vldp -framefile vldp\lair\lair.txt -x 1600 -y 1200 -fullscreen

If you want to alter the aspect ratio from the original (usually 4:3) add: -ignore_aspect_ratio

hypseus.exe lair vldp -framefile vldp\lair\lair.txt -x 1920 -y 1080 -fullscreen -ignore_aspect_ratio

Once you have the game you want add the full argument line you just ran into a .bat file - you can then start the game by clicking the .bat file.

That's it at the basic level. You can add other arguments to give different features, but you are building upon what you have above. e.g. 

hypseus.exe lair vldp -framefile vldp\lair\lair.txt -x 1600 -y 1200 -fullscreen_window -software_scoreboard

Singe:

Assuming you have your game data in the 'singe' subfolder:

The FIRST argument will always be 'singe'

The SECOND argument will always be 'vldp' - (This is not the directory location but stands for "Virtual LaserDisc Player"):

An extra argument of -script pointing to the main singe LUA file will always need to be added alongside -framefile in singe games.

hypseus.exe singe vldp -framefile singe\maddog\maddog.txt -script singe\maddog\maddog.singe

The other arguments are as above for Daphne games. .bat files can be created in the same way.

ActionMax Games: You may need to use the -nohwaccel argument for ActionMax games.

Hypseus specific arguments:

Daphne and Singe in Hypseus have a few arguments that were not in the original Daphne, these can be seen on the Hypseus page here

Configuring keys and joystick control

This is done within the 'hypinput.ini' file within the Hypseus directory. Further instructions on values are detailed in that file.

The defaults mirror original Daphne key layout.

Debugging:

Always run new arguments in the Command Prompt if you have issues, that way you will see the errors the arguments are creating.

You can also check the Hypseus log files within the 'logs' sub-directory of the home folder.

You can then start looking at the more complex arguments, -bank in particular will require some in-depth reading on http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/tech/ 

However, they all build upon the basics above. You can of course take arguments from other existing working bat files, but make sure they are for the correct game.

Once you have them running and in bat files you are done...

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

3 hours ago, xxOToTOxx said:

It's actually not that much, just take it step by step - it will open up a whole new world ;)

yes  i know im capable, but its a patience thing. il see where i get with that. 🙃

@Cool Coyote

I have thrown together, literally, some bat files. Do you want to give these a try and report back.

Get .bat files from GitHub repo: https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe/releases

https://mega.nz/file/59VRHYTQ#UO5dbQoO3NpJrIrazORTfdF56b2A7WdqeGPhfdzj9zM

Drop them directly in the Hypseus directory with the other files.

Note: They rely on the fact that the games are in the vldp_dl, vldp and singe sub-directories from the download.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

37 minutes ago, xxOToTOxx said:

Any clues as to why ?

In the logfile ?

how am I supposed to start each game using the batch files, or the  Singe-v2.00-Windows-x86_64   .exe

Capture.PNG

Ok, we are on completely different threads here.

1. Singe 2 cannot run Daphne ROM games.

2. This thread is about the new Hypseus Singe (Modern Daphne replacement)

3. The .bat files will only work in Hypseus Singe.

The old Daphne will have issues getting anything over the standard resolutions as it was written over 10 years ago.

You need to either:

• Await the HD games you want to be ported to Singe 2.
  • Tackle installing Hypseus Singe, (see links on the first post in this thread), which will handle HD video within Daphne for those that have video available.