Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Hypseus Singe - 2-Player Singe Gun Games

xxOToTOxx

Messages recommandés

On 9/3/2022 at 8:20 PM, PixelFreak said:

The Joystick (controller) values are in the third column (farthest to the right below).
Xinput values (which is the API for your controller) are as follows:
A = 1

B = 2

X = 3

Y = 4

LB = 5

RB = 6

Back = 7

Start = 8

LThumbstick press = 9

RThumbstick press = 10

I can't recall if triggers are Z-axis +/- or 11 and 12 (depends on if the emulator treats them as analog or digital)...

Here's an example of mine, and I will explain how I set it up for my Xbox controller (if you copy and paste, remove my comments):

[KEYBOARD]
KEY_UP = SDLK_UP 0 0 -002                       <-- Don't change the joystick axes
KEY_DOWN = SDLK_DOWN 0 0 +002                   <-- Don't change the joystick axes
KEY_LEFT = SDLK_LEFT 0 0 -001                   <-- Don't change the joystick axes
KEY_RIGHT = SDLK_RIGHT 0 0 +001                 <-- Don't change the joystick axes
KEY_COIN1 = SDLK_5 0 7                          <-- Insert Coin is "back"
KEY_COIN2 = SDLK_6 0 0                          <-- Not needed, duplicate of coin1
KEY_START1 = SDLK_1 0 8                         <-- Start button (single player)
KEY_START2 = SDLK_2 0 6                         <-- Start button (two player) - uses same joystick for both players - handoff or swap
KEY_BUTTON1 = SDLK_LCTRL 0 1                    <-- A button for button 1 (sword for Dirk, energize/fire for Ace, hands for Cliff, etc.)
KEY_BUTTON2 = SDLK_LALT 0 2                     <-- B for button 2 (feet for Cliff)
KEY_BUTTON3 = SDLK_SPACE 0 3                    <-- X for button 3 (unaware of any need for third button in these games, but mapped it)
KEY_SKILL1 = SDLK_LSHIFT 0 0                    <-- Didn't map a joystick button for Skill buttons used in Space. Use keyboard to select if desired.
KEY_SKILL2 = SDLK_z 0 0                         <-- Didn't map a joystick button for Skill buttons used in Space. Use keyboard to select if desired.
KEY_SKILL3 = SDLK_x 0 0                         <-- Didn't map a joystick button for Skill buttons used in Space. Use keyboard to select if desired.
KEY_SERVICE = SDLK_9 0 9                        <-- Service button (+sword) to get into menu of DL2 to set options - set as left thumbstick.
KEY_TEST = SDLK_F2 0 0                          <-- Unnecessary
KEY_RESET = SDLK_0 0 0                          <-- Unnecessary
KEY_SCREENSHOT = SDLK_F12 0 0                   <-- Unnecessary
KEY_QUIT = SDLK_ESCAPE 0 0                      <-- Unnecessary in Hypseus Singe - use combo of Back+Start at same time to exit.
KEY_PAUSE = SDLK_p 0 5                          <-- Pause is set as left bumper
KEY_CONSOLE = SDLK_BACKSLASH 0 0                <-- Unnecessary
KEY_TILT = SDLK_t 0 0                           <-- Unnecessary
END

Thanx for your efforts, works fine, no need for xpadder anymore.:very-good:

And for everybody looking for a frontend, check out Launchbox.

It is very easy to configure and you can launch all games from it, nice and convenient.
Here is an example for Hypseus and Sinden Gun playlist.

Launchbox Sinden.png

Launchbox Hypseus.png

On 9/1/2022 at 10:54 PM, PixelFreak said:

OK, I am not crazy.  I recall playing as a kid (not that I was paying attention) and the cabinets had the standard 4:3 aspect ratio.
I know that the "HD" remaster became the go to update for Cliff Hanger about 15 years ago.
That was completely remastered frame by frame from the original movies in letterbox format.

My goal would be to find a way to take one of these newer versions by xXOToTOXx and revert that quality back to a 4:3 original aspect ratio.
It's not a "stretch" inasmuch as it's a return to the original with better source.  I just don't have the video editing/encoding skills to pull it off. :blush:

2 things from that Stern promotion video:

1) It's cool to hear the attract mode announcer's voice in a normal tone in the promotional video.  You can tell it's him near the end, when he says it again like the attract mode sequence - just not as dramatic.

2) When they show the video in the cabinet (even farther in the gameplay), every view is fullscreen 4:3.  When they "screenshare" or show just the video source, it appears to be letterboxed.  So confusing.

PixelFreak, here we go.  I finally figured out how to convert the mp4 videos I edit in Premiere to compatible versions for Daphne/Hypseus with FFMPEG.  This is what we are looking for on Cliff Hanger as I adjusted the scale to match as much as the arcade as possible. I have tested it and it works great.  Enjoy.

https://mega.nz/file/YPERkARY#V_LECpql2-3IAJxYOsoBEFx3VIv5a2qg4-g3zAMNS5o

8 hours ago, Jackie Brown said:

PixelFreak, here we go.  I finally figured out how to convert the mp4 videos I edit in Premiere to compatible versions for Daphne/Hypseus with FFMPEG.  This is what we are looking for on Cliff Hanger as I adjusted the scale to match as much as the arcade as possible. I have tested it and it works great.  Enjoy.

Fantastic to see these options being produced, and the use of FFMpeg. It's such a powerful tool, just needs a little practice.

Looking at the FrameCount and Duration in mediainfo, looks spot on - really nice 👍

What Daphne/Hypseus arguments are you using to get the overlay framing correct with this video ?

13 hours ago, xxOToTOxx said:

Fantastic to see these options being produced, and the use of FFMpeg. It's such a powerful tool, just needs a little practice.

Looking at the FrameCount and Duration in mediainfo, looks spot on - really nice 👍

What Daphne/Hypseus arguments are you using to get the overlay framing correct with this video ?

Just fullscreen and vertical stretch.  The 4:3 monitor I use has max resolution of 1600x1200 so it will fill the whole screen.  Same on a widescreen monitor.  Below is the full command line I use.

(Yes, I cheat. 😁 This game is hard!!)

hypseus.exe cliff vldp -framefile vldp\cliff\cliff.txt -cheat -fastboot -vertical_stretch 24 -bank 0 00000000 -bank 1 01000100 -bank 2 00000000 -bank 3 01111111 -fullscreen -volume_nonvldp 5 -volume_vldp 20 -nolinear_scale -opengl

On a 4:3 monitor it is about as good as you can get as the arcade.  You can see from the below screen shot that the arcade has the black bars on top and bottom but are partially covered by the bezel curvature from the arcade.  The right is what it looks like on the 4:3 flat monitor.  😉

Cliff_Arcade.PNG.063d447d15092693ea08f921782d42da.PNG  Cliff_Hypseus.PNG.589827c342b65bb39297b3f02d648e9b.PNG

11 hours ago, Jackie Brown said:

Just fullscreen and vertical stretch.  The 4:3 monitor I use has max resolution of 1600x1200 so it will fill the whole screen.  Same on a widescreen monitor.  Below is the full command line I use.

(Yes, I cheat. 😁 This game is hard!!)

hypseus.exe cliff vldp -framefile vldp\cliff\cliff.txt -cheat -fastboot -vertical_stretch 24 -bank 0 00000000 -bank 1 01000100 -bank 2 00000000 -bank 3 01111111 -fullscreen -volume_nonvldp 5 -volume_vldp 20 -nolinear_scale -opengl

On a 4:3 monitor it is about as good as you can get as the arcade.  You can see from the below screen shot that the arcade has the black bars on top and bottom but are partially covered by the bezel curvature from the arcade.  The right is what it looks like on the 4:3 flat monitor.  😉

Be aware that as you still have the black bars in the video, you can shunt the top overlay down a little.

"-vertical_stretch 18" to "-vertical_stretch 20" - maybe - personal preference of course.

On 9/6/2022 at 9:16 PM, Jackie Brown said:

All, I have done a 60fps render of both the full widescreen and 4:3 video of Cliff Hanger at 1080p high resolution for anyone that wants it.  It is super smooth and nice.  Enjoy.

Widescreen 1080p

https://mega.nz/file/8Tc3SCyB#bxDkfIzWrfLzyQum90H2V1XrEHnCz4sm_g8g6Goqi94

4:3 1080p

https://mega.nz/file/xO9nyK7Q#MFqgcsjWFb86kiO-FkpZzLWWXHawuybXgOqRcVOpiHk

I am trying the Hypseus frontend.  Is it supposed to show everything?  All its showing is the Daohne list.  I thought it would allow Singe, Daphne, and ActionMax.

Also, I uave the roms and frame files setup in the game settings but can't get anything to start.  Is there a way to configure for a keyboard? I tried looking at the config.bat under notepad but not much there.

Modifié par ultimatepump
Add

1 hour ago, ultimatepump said:

I am trying the Hypseus frontend.  Is it supposed to show everything?  All its showing is the Daohne list.  I thought it would allow Singe, Daphne, and ActionMax.

The frontend is nothing to do with me, it is also in really early development, I have no idea if the author will include Singe/ActionMax games. At this point it appears to be just Daphne games (the most complex config). An update was pushed a little while ago stating:

"WARNING This program is a state of flux right now and for the forseeable future."

If you are not familiar with development code, probably better to stick with the provided example batch files from the main repo:

windows-batch-files-v2.8.3.zip from here: https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe/releases/latest

You will likely have to customize them.

1 hour ago, ultimatepump said:

Also, I uave the roms and frame files setup in the game settings but can't get anything to start.  Is there a way to configure for a keyboard? I tried looking at the config.bat under notepad but not much there.

Even without a config file hypseus will use the default keys. These are all described in the only config file: hypinput.ini

See the defaults here: https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe/blob/master/doc/hypinput.ini

There is no config.bat

but can't get anything to start. 

Does the game start and you can't input keys? If so try '5' and then '1'.

If the games doesn't start at all using the frontend. Then use the bat files. If there are issues then you can provide log files.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

On 9/10/2022 at 5:41 PM, xxOToTOxx said:

Arcade Xperience Vol.1 - (mazinger4life)

@mazinger4life Arcade Xperience Vol.1. Here is the hypseus port.

https://dl.orangedox.com/x7ZhXnMWIzX0ELBTE

Is there a special bat file needed?
I've used this command line, but hypseus won't load it.

hypseus.exe singe vldp -framefile arcadex1\arcadex1.txt -script arcadex1\arcadex1.singe -sound_buffer 2048 -fullscreen

EDIT
It is working now, had to put it in the singe folder and use this command:

hypseus.exe singe vldp -framefile singe\arcadex1\arcadex1.txt -script singe\arcadex1\arcadex1.singe -sound_buffer 2048 -fullscreen

Modifié par DarkVoid666

2 hours ago, DarkVoid666 said:

Is there a special bat file needed?
I've used this command line, but hypseus won't load it.

hypseus.exe singe vldp -framefile arcadex1\arcadex1.txt -script arcadex1\arcadex1.singe -sound_buffer 2048 -fullscreen

EDIT
It is working now, had to put it in the singe folder and use this command:

hypseus.exe singe vldp -framefile singe\arcadex1\arcadex1.txt -script singe\arcadex1\arcadex1.singe -sound_buffer 2048 -fullscreen

I probably should have posted a .bat file example - sorry.

Most generic games use the traditional /singe/ subfolder.

You can of course change the MYDIR variable at the top of any of the main .singe files to change the path as desired, but by default this one will be:

• 3 semaines après...

Hypseus Singe v2.10.1

Couple of major additions in the new Hypseus Singe release.

1.     SDL_GameController support, so the option to use a simplified constant MACRO driven config rather the traditional Joystick API that Daphne used (hot plugging and gamecontrollerdb.txt supported):

[KEYBOARD]
KEY_UP = SDLK_UP 0 0 AXIS_LEFT_UP
KEY_DOWN = SDLK_DOWN 0 0 AXIS_LEFT_DOWN
KEY_LEFT = SDLK_LEFT 0 0 AXIS_LEFT_LEFT
KEY_RIGHT = SDLK_RIGHT 0 0 AXIS_LEFT_RIGHT
KEY_COIN1 = SDLK_5 0 BUTTON_BACK
KEY_COIN2 = SDLK_6 0 0
KEY_START1 = SDLK_1 0 BUTTON_START
KEY_START2 = SDLK_2 0 0
KEY_BUTTON1 = SDLK_LCTRL 0 BUTTON_A
KEY_BUTTON2 = SDLK_LALT 0 BUTTON_B
KEY_BUTTON3 = SDLK_SPACE 0 AXIS_TRIGGER_RIGHT
KEY_SKILL1 = SDLK_LSHIFT 0 0
KEY_SKILL2 = SDLK_z 0 0
KEY_SKILL3 = SDLK_x 0 0
KEY_SERVICE = SDLK_9 0 0
KEY_TEST = SDLK_F2 0 0
KEY_RESET = SDLK_0 0 0
KEY_SCREENSHOT = SDLK_F12 0 0
KEY_QUIT = SDLK_ESCAPE 0 0
KEY_PAUSE = SDLK_p 0 0
KEY_CONSOLE = SDLK_BACKSLASH 0 0
KEY_TILT = SDLK_t 0 0
END

2.    32bit full size overlays in Singe games.

193162609-0c54607e-a430-4dab-a49a-e298ca

Scanlines enabled:

hypseus-277.png

32bit overlays will be default now in all Singe games, existing and in the new full overlay versions that will follow.

You can run 8bit sprites on a full overlay if you really want some nostalgic fun :) Use: -8bit_overlay

To update your existing Hypseus install, just overwrite the hypseus.exe file with the new version from the zip.

https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe/releases/latest

• The title was changed to [Arcade PC] Hypseus Singe - 64bit 4k Daphne (GameController support and Full 32bit overlays)
Le 01/10/2022 à 14:58, xxOToTOxx a dit :

Hypseus Singe v2.10.1

Couple of major additions in the new Hypseus Singe release.

1.     SDL_GameController support, so the option to use a simplified constant MACRO driven config rather the traditional Joystick API that Daphne used (hot plugging and gamecontrollerdb.txt supported):

[KEYBOARD]
KEY_UP = SDLK_UP 0 0 AXIS_LEFT_UP
KEY_DOWN = SDLK_DOWN 0 0 AXIS_LEFT_DOWN
KEY_LEFT = SDLK_LEFT 0 0 AXIS_LEFT_LEFT
KEY_RIGHT = SDLK_RIGHT 0 0 AXIS_LEFT_RIGHT
KEY_COIN1 = SDLK_5 0 BUTTON_BACK
KEY_COIN2 = SDLK_6 0 0
KEY_START1 = SDLK_1 0 BUTTON_START
KEY_START2 = SDLK_2 0 0
KEY_BUTTON1 = SDLK_LCTRL 0 BUTTON_A
KEY_BUTTON2 = SDLK_LALT 0 BUTTON_B
KEY_BUTTON3 = SDLK_SPACE 0 AXIS_TRIGGER_RIGHT
KEY_SKILL1 = SDLK_LSHIFT 0 0
KEY_SKILL2 = SDLK_z 0 0
KEY_SKILL3 = SDLK_x 0 0
KEY_SERVICE = SDLK_9 0 0
KEY_TEST = SDLK_F2 0 0
KEY_RESET = SDLK_0 0 0
KEY_SCREENSHOT = SDLK_F12 0 0
KEY_QUIT = SDLK_ESCAPE 0 0
KEY_PAUSE = SDLK_p 0 0
KEY_CONSOLE = SDLK_BACKSLASH 0 0
KEY_TILT = SDLK_t 0 0
END

2.    32bit full size overlays in Singe games.

193162609-0c54607e-a430-4dab-a49a-e298ca

Scanlines enabled:

hypseus-277.png

32bit overlays will be default now in all Singe games, existing and in the new full overlay versions that will follow.

You can run 8bit sprites on a full overlay if you really want some nostalgic fun :) Use: -8bit_overlay

To update your existing Hypseus install, just overwrite the hypseus.exe file with the new version from the zip.

https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe/releases/latest

And it is for raspberry  pi400 too?

10 hours ago, BLADESCATER said:

And it is for raspberry  pi400 too?

Of course :)  - If you are using RetroPie just pull the update via RetroPie-Setup from source. Other distros will be catching up on their next release. Or compile from source easily yourself following repo instructions.

The Pi will not support the full resolution overlays due to it being under powered, but 32bit overlays and gamepad support are all tested and working :)

• 2 semaines après...
On 10/20/2022 at 4:20 AM, mazinger4life said:

great technical achivement😉👍

Thanks,

Another coming addition will be the ability to add a hardware annunciator to Space Ace. It will be fully customizable, so you can go all authentic or create some funky new peripheral addon....

• The title was changed to [Arcade PC] Hypseus Singe - 64bit 4k Daphne (Hardware Scoreboard and Annunciator)
  • 2 mois après...
  • The title was changed to [Arcade PC] Hypseus Singe - 64bit 4k Daphne (Integrated Bezels)

Awesome The hypseus project since day one have improved on so many level and now the integrated bezel, thing got better good job xxoToToxx by the way the dragon lair bezel with original high score display is so dope,keep it up the  good work 👍.

Modifié par mazinger4life

11 minutes ago, CharlieChan said:

Widge, from the Sinden team, has made some major improvements to the Singe Gun games. Both Pi and Full overlay versions.

He has published a video describing the changes here:

Wow, word travels fast, you beat me to it.

• 2 semaines après...
3 hours ago, sirgubster9 said:

do you have the correct dragons lair and space ace already converted to hypseus video files by any chance?

hypseus plays the Daphne versions of these games, using the dle21.zip and sae.zip ROM's with arcade emulation.

The ROMS you can get the http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/ and the video you can get from Sirdrak or Dex, in this forum, both of which are excellent AI HD upscales of the Daphne games.

If you are trying to use this video with the Singe LUA games, that's not gonna work. Daphne and Singe video are not interchangeable. Emulation vs fan based Simulation.

Most users will convert the Singe MP4 as described in the above video, if they want to go that route, then use the Singe 2 full overlay ports.

However, I have seen many users revert back to the Daphne versions after trying them. Depends what you want....