Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Hypseus Singe - 2-Player Singe Gun Games

xxOToTOxx

Messages recommandés

• 2 semaines après...

bonjour voici un nouveau jeux singe2 ou plutôt une démo basée sur des extraits de the-elder-scrolls https://1fichier.com/?6omdtd7jtkfph4mr7mrm 

si vous le portez sur hypseus n oubliez pas de m envoyer un lien en message prive

menu-poster.png

Le 09/07/2022 à 08:57, mazinger4life a dit :

Félicitations pour ton jeux oeil pour oeil ,bon visuel et beaucoup de challenge est ce que tu as d'autre projets en vue si oui bonne chance pour la suite.

voir mon dernier messaGE PROCHAIN JEU SCRAT

• The title was changed to [Arcade PC] Hypseus Singe - 64bit 4k Daphne (New: Rollercoaster)

New port:  "Adventures in Videoland: Rollercoaster"  for Hypseus in the game repo.

Thanks to ScottD for resurrecting this classic.

rollercoaster.gif

https://drive.filen.io/d/89c41616-b7e7-4dac-a055-710da9196ac5#JNMXLNmR2tqvmyiVfW4ycar1ul2hck85

Alternate folder format version.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

On 10/6/2021 at 9:19 PM, Rex2573 said:

AMAZING...Ispossible in fullscreen? Without bezels

Using @DarkVoid666 4k cliff as a source here, it will be possible to run Daphne: Cliff Hanger without the letterbox.

Next Hypseus release, or grab from source and compile.

On 9/18/2021 at 12:12 PM, xxOToTOxx said:

The video does not align with the audio using the provided Windows template.  It is off by maybe a second or so.  If I use previous versions of Cliff it is no problem.

10 hours ago, Jackie Brown said:

The video does not align with the audio using the provided Windows template.  It is off by maybe a second or so.  If I use previous versions of Cliff it is no problem.

Classic symptoms of resource exhaustion, I assume you are using Windows? As this will definitely not work on a RPi.

This 4k video is high bitrate 2880x2160, so requires some CPU grunt. I am prepping a de-letterboxed version of this 4k for the latest Hypseus commits so have put together a 1440x1080 version you can grab from here:

https://filen.io/d/5a103278-c25f-4766-8b88-e0af3694fb9d#!zRBPwwAoygN1Z1sVtp6hBcUuCRVcGIf0

Just rename the file to `cliff.m2v` and replace (This is still fairly high bitrate).

Also: If you grabbed the Windows Template, it will also have an old version of `hypseus.exe`. If you grab the latest Release from the main repo on GitHub, and just replace `hypseus.exe` from the zip file, you will get the latest version.

I will post the de-letterboxed cliff MPEG-2 when the next Windows hypseus release is out, this will work as per the YouTube above.

On 8/22/2022 at 6:37 AM, xxOToTOxx said:

Classic symptoms of resource exhaustion, I assume you are using Windows? As this will definitely not work on a RPi.

This 4k video is high bitrate 2880x2160, so requires some CPU grunt. I am prepping a de-letterboxed version of this 4k for the latest Hypseus commits so have put together a 1440x1080 version you can grab from here:

https://filen.io/d/5a103278-c25f-4766-8b88-e0af3694fb9d#!zRBPwwAoygN1Z1sVtp6hBcUuCRVcGIf0

Just rename the file to `cliff.m2v` and replace (This is still fairly high bitrate).

Also: If you grabbed the Windows Template, it will also have an old version of `hypseus.exe`. If you grab the latest Release from the main repo on GitHub, and just replace `hypseus.exe` from the zip file, you will get the latest version.

I will post the de-letterboxed cliff MPEG-2 when the next Windows hypseus release is out, this will work as per the YouTube above.

Perfect!!! 👌 Looks and handles fantastically.  Thank you very much.  Look forward to your De-letterboxed release in the future.

Bladescaters "Scrat" (Using Bluray video source) is available here:

https://dl.orangedox.com/MR3XD2EiFG4DuG2E7A

hypseus.exe singe vldp -framefile singe\scrat\scrat.txt -script singe\scrat\scrat.singe -sound_buffer 2048 -volume_nonvldp 5 -volume_vldp 20 -fullscreen

• The title was changed to [Arcade PC] Hypseus Singe - 64bit 4k Daphne (New: Rollercoaster / Scrat)
23 hours ago, VirtuaTK said:

So I had a nice setup via Karis thread and I'm totally lost looking at this one. Really don't wanna spend days upgrading. Nice work though.

I hope a download list becomes available at some point.

I suggest you don't think of this as an "upgrade", more of a "companion".

Hypseus has the ability to accurately emulate arcade ROMS due to the Daphne engine. So if gaining 2k Daphne game video, and the other enhancements, sway you away from the original Daphne, then that could be one route to Hypseus.

It currently supports enhancements using arcade ROMS in: (See example images of these in the first post of this thread)

Badlands           (2880x2160)
Cliff Hanger       (2880x2160)  - With (2880x1616) non-letterbox coming soon.
Cobra Command      (1440x1080)
Esh's Aurunmilla   (2880x2160)
Road Blaster       (2880x2160)
Super Don Quix-ote (2880x2160)

Dragon's Lair      (1440x1080)
Dragon's Lair 2    (1440x1080)
Space Ace          (1440x1080)
Thayer's Quest     (1600x1200)

If you have all the Singe games working in Singe 2 then there is little point in moving to Hypseus for Singe. Unless you prefer the alternate aspects, as some games are a little "different" by design and limitation. Singe 2 and Hypseus can co-exist.

As far as Daphne emulation ROMS and data are concerned, Hypseus uses exactly the same folder structure as Daphne. Maabus used to have a really useful mega thread here that held all the Daphne data, unfortunately it is no longer. You can find this data now in other places. Upgrading to the 2k version of the MPEG-2 video is as simple as overwriting the existing .m2v video files in the Daphne folder with the new UHD versions.

Hypseus Singe simulated games use the same structure as Daphne Singe by default, as a sub-folder of "singe" within the Daphne folder structure. There have been requests made for an "alternate" Singe 2 style folder structure on certain games in this thread, they are linked by request throughout, some listed as "Windows Templates". These are custom requests and probably add to the confusion. Most data paths can be altered via the MYDIR variable in the main .singe file of each game in any case.

There are many links to game data in the first post of this thread. The use of https://www.base64decode.org/ may help here.

The list of Daphne games is well known, the list of ported Hypseus Singe games is detailed here: https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus_singe_data

Through the use of Google you will be able to track down Hypseus ports already packaged that aren't in this thread.

Hypseus was originally written for Retro distributions like RetroPie/Batocera/Recalbox, using command line arguments to integrate into the existing frontends. Hence the reason for the use of .bat files currently in Windows, there is a zip file of example .bat files provided in the main GitHub repo Release section for most games. It has however grown somewhat beyond that. There is, as @Hoagie posted in the other thread, a Windows Frontend in development that might make Window usage somewhat easier as it develops:

186043157-932799c1-e19d-4f98-b590-419ee2

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

• The title was changed to [Arcade PC] Hypseus Singe - 64bit 4k Daphne (Daphne Widescreen Cliff Hanger 4k)

For those that have asked past, present and future:

Daphne Cliff Hanger (no Letterbox):

cliffnolb.png

Here is a Hypseus 2.8.3 Windows Template with all the required files except M2V (including a selection of bat files)

https://mega.nz/file/Ns8BkIYT#soHIuJmv2Ypx95IX2XuNakvkVs4HtdGAYFDS9J4cNxA

Then pick your M2V MPEG-2 file:

https://dl.orangedox.com/GBqDUh9sw9y2SVC6K8   (2880x1616)

https://dl.orangedox.com/tGzKy8U8TRStElGl4l         (1440x808)

Rename the downloaded UHD file to `cliffnolb.m2v` and drop into `vldp\cliff\cliffnolb.m2v` next to the .ogg files.

Run one of the `_nolb` bat files.....

Standard 'cliff' files remain as `cliff.m2v, cliff.ogg & cliff.txt`

The 4:3 versions are available here if you wish to have both sets:

https://dl.orangedox.com/Q7dfYDraWhHzFl4vpN  (2880x2160

https://filen.io/d/5a103278-c25f-4766-8b88-e0af3694fb9d#!zRBPwwAoygN1Z1sVtp6hBcUuCRVcGIf0 - (1440x1080)

These should be named as  `cliff.m2v`

Run these with the none `_nolb` bat files.....

Modifié par xxOToTOxx
Corrected resolution + added 4:3 versions

Forgive my ignorance, I have tried to follow along and learn - but one issue still eludes me.

I have downloaded your latest version (template for Cliff) and the 2 m2v files just above.
I am able to get them working very easily, and they are brilliant - thank you for the amazing work and easy to follow instructions on making the Cliff template work with source materials.

I am a bit of a purist and am trying my hardest to get Cliff in 4x3 original arcade aspect, but with better source video than the 640x480 original (before the "HD" letterbox).
I am sure I am in the minority - but I am trying to put this in a cabinet, using Daphne, with original 4x3 aspect source for Cliff that has been updated.
I can only find the widescreen versions available.

While amazing, is there a 4x3 equivalent for Cliff in .m2v mode?  (I have already downloaded Karis' 4x3, but it's .mp4 and for Singe 2).

Modifié par PixelFreak

1 hour ago, PixelFreak said:

I am a bit of a purist and am trying my hardest to get Cliff in 4x3 original arcade aspect, but with better source video than the 640x480 original (before the "HD" letterbox).
I am sure I am in the minority - but I am trying to put this in a cabinet, using Daphne, with original 4x3 aspect source for Cliff that has been updated.

While amazing, is there a 4x3 equivalent for Cliff?

The 4:3 versions are available now in the previous post.

These should work with the same template, but name them 'cliff.m2v` and use the none `_nolb` bat files

I am sure I am in the minority - but I am trying to put this in a cabinet, using Daphne

These higher resolution files will not work with original "Daphne" - if that is your intention.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

1 hour ago, xxOToTOxx said:

The 4:3 versions are available now in the previous post.

These should work with the same template, but name them 'cliff.m2v` and use the none `_nolb` bat files

These higher resolution files will not work with original "Daphne" - if that is your intention.

I downloaded your 5GB 4k version of Cliff, placed it in Daphne, and it works.  I am just as confused as you - but every indication is that it plays well with this video.
Now, I could NOT get this to work properly with your most recent nolb videos.

Now, let me explain:
I have Daphne, dropped in your Cliff template for Windows from this page (page 11).

Got the video you linked here from page 7:
https://dl.orangedox.com/Q7dfYDraWhHzFl4vpN

Dropped the video above (it's 5GB), used the following bat file in Daphne (notice it doesn't reference Hypseus Singe), and the new, clearer video shows through Daphne and I played just the first escape scene to verify.

.\daphne.exe cliff vldp -framefile .\vldp\cliff\cliff.txt -cheat -fastboot -nocrc -noissues -sound_buffer 2048 -noserversend  -x 1920 -y 1080 -fullscreen -opengl

Even works well with reshade bezel.

I will go with this version, as it's incredibly clear.
However, I was hoping to find a 4x3 non-letterbox version akin to the original arcade - but with better resolution.
I know you have posted previously in this thread that you don't like to crop video, but this game was originally a 4x3 aspect ratio before the "restored HD" clips came out.
My goal is to find your quality of work, but cropped back to 4x3 to fit in the window like the original arcade setup.

I played it a ton as a 12 year old - am I remembering incorrectly that it was fullscreen 4x3 back in the original arcade?

I downloaded your 5GB 4k version of Cliff, placed it in Daphne, and it works.  I am just as confused as you - but every indication is that it plays well with this video.

Really nice to see it working, but I fear that `-opengl` (Experimental support in Daphne) is leading you down a misconception here. But good to see it still working.

The Daphne binary is only 32-bit and has a max file fseek() size of 2Gb. You will most probably find that the game comes to an abrupt stop when the next scene frames are beyond the 2Gb position in the MPEG file. But please let us know.

I have never seen, or read any discussion, of a cropped 4:3 laserdisc of Cliff Hanger, even the MAME CHD file is the same aspect ratio with letterboxing. But I am always ready to be corrected. And yes I am against cropping areas from video (I don't count black letterboxing here) or stretching 4:3 (but we all talk about it).

61clta.png

Nice bezel :)

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

Here's an interesting promotional video from Stern:

The opening scenes do look to be in 4:3, but then subsequent scenes show the letterbox.

I would think it may have been "stretching" involved here.

cliffst.png

Using -x 1440 -y 1080 on the WS video here to acheive the stretching....

I dunno some playing maybe can be done.

cliffst2.png

The '-nolinear_scale` version.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

The bezel is custom for use in a pack that will possibly be released for CoinOPS Project Legends 3 MAX.

Great call on the file size limit - I had completely forgotten about that limitation.
I will attempt to run through the game tonight and see how far I get.
Also great to remind me since I believe I have some other HD source files for other games (DL/DL2/SA) that would also run into that limitation. 😢

EDIT: I just checked, and your Cliff video (1440x808) is just under 2GB.  Also, the HD files I have for the Bluth trilogy are separate files and all easily fit under that limit as well.

Modifié par PixelFreak

On 8/31/2022 at 12:58 PM, PixelFreak said:

Forgive my ignorance, I have tried to follow along and learn - but one issue still eludes me.

I have downloaded your latest version (template for Cliff) and the 2 m2v files just above.
I am able to get them working very easily, and they are brilliant - thank you for the amazing work and easy to follow instructions on making the Cliff template work with source materials.

While amazing, is there a 4x3 equivalent for Cliff in .m2v mode?  (I have already downloaded Karis' 4x3, but it's .mp4 and for Singe 2).

Pixel, you are not alone.  I also had the same thought as I too have a 4x3 monitor for an arcade cabinet and like you would be great to simulate the same arcade experience but with the higher resolution footage.😊 Like the original arcade from the video below.

Modifié par Jackie Brown

On 8/31/2022 at 2:08 PM, xxOToTOxx said:

I have never seen, or read any discussion, of a cropped 4:3 laserdisc of Cliff Hanger, even the MAME CHD file is the same aspect ratio with letterboxing. But I am always ready to be corrected. And yes I am against cropping areas from video (I don't count black letterboxing here) or stretching 4:3 (but we all talk about it).

2 hours ago, Jackie Brown said:

Pixel, you are not alone.  I also had the same thought as I too have a 4x3 monitor for an arcade cabinet and like you would be great to simulate the same arcade experience but with the higher resolution footage.😊 Like the original arcade from the video below.

OK, I am not crazy.  I recall playing as a kid (not that I was paying attention) and the cabinets had the standard 4:3 aspect ratio.
I know that the "HD" remaster became the go to update for Cliff Hanger about 15 years ago.
That was completely remastered frame by frame from the original movies in letterbox format.

My goal would be to find a way to take one of these newer versions by xXOToTOXx and revert that quality back to a 4:3 original aspect ratio.
It's not a "stretch" inasmuch as it's a return to the original with better source.  I just don't have the video editing/encoding skills to pull it off. :blush:

On 8/31/2022 at 2:46 PM, xxOToTOxx said:

Here's an interesting promotional video from Stern:

The opening scenes do look to be in 4:3, but then subsequent scenes show the letterbox.

I would think it may have been "stretching" involved here.

2 things from that Stern promotion video:

1) It's cool to hear the attract mode announcer's voice in a normal tone in the promotional video.  You can tell it's him near the end, when he says it again like the attract mode sequence - just not as dramatic.

2) When they show the video in the cabinet (even farther in the gameplay), every view is fullscreen 4:3.  When they "screenshare" or show just the video source, it appears to be letterboxed.  So confusing.

Modifié par PixelFreak

On 9/2/2022 at 4:54 AM, PixelFreak said:

It's not a "stretch" inasmuch as it's a return to the original with better source.  I just don't have the video editing/encoding skills to pull it off. 

I think we have the original aspect source. See below....

On 9/2/2022 at 4:54 AM, PixelFreak said:

2) When they show the video in the cabinet (even farther in the gameplay), every view is fullscreen 4:3.  When they "screenshare" or show just the video source, it appears to be letterboxed.  So confusing.

I think I can say with some certainty that the "4:3" we are seeing in the two YouTube videos is a result of CRT overscan (hardware adjusted), resulting in a loss of video material across the horizontal axis:

Squeezing a "fixed view" image to 4:3 to show the full current image here:

clifftitle.png

Now looking at the Stern promotional video, we see a loss of width and lost content on each side:

cliffyt2.png

Note: Cropping on left and right of palm trees. So we are not stretching or compressing the video aspect.

Also the same in the other YouTube video (on arcade CRT), also note this is positioned slightly differently:
cliffyt1.png

If we then look at the Stern video and take the video taken from direct feed (not CRT screen shot).

We see a full width in this scene:

cliffytstch.png

But in-game, on the CRT, we see it as:

cliffytaltch.png

Again missing detail on both far horizontal edges.

So hardware overscan. However, the current video source and aspect ratio is correct by my reckoning....

Modifié par xxOToTOxx
typo corrections

8 hours ago, ultimatepump said:

Should I first setup Daphne like normal?

This thread is primarily about Hypseus (Daphne fork). See: https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe

There is lots of info on the first post in this thread. Look for Windows Templates in this thread, and Windows .bat files from the repo.

Hypseus uses the same ROMS, framefiles and video/audio sources as Daphne. The HD video sources to replace the original SD M2V are linked in the first post of this thread (and throughout).

3 hours ago, Trihy said:

I cant get xbox 360 controller to work.

Tried editing many values on [KEYBOARD] with no luck.

Any help setting left stick and buttons?

Did you use https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypjsch (this is also in the Windows release zip) to help determine the button SDL values ?

hace 5 horas, xxOToTOxx dijo:

Did you use https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypjsch (this is also in the Windows release zip) to help determine the button SDL values ?

Hi. Yes, I can see the input values but not sure how to add them to the txt file. Tried many different ways with no luck.

Should I edit [KEYBOARD] or add another [KEYBOARD] or one called [JOYSTICK]?

Tried many with no luck. If someone can share txt file with xbox 360 controller config would be great.

Modifié par Trihy

7 hours ago, Trihy said:

Hi. Yes, I can see the input values but not sure how to add them to the txt file. Tried many different ways with no luck.

Should I edit [KEYBOARD] or add another [KEYBOARD] or one called [JOYSTICK]?

Tried many with no luck. If someone can share txt file with xbox 360 controller config would be great.

The Joystick (controller) values are in the third column (farthest to the right below).
Xinput values (which is the API for your controller) are as follows:
A = 1

B = 2

X = 3

Y = 4

LB = 5

RB = 6

Back = 7

Start = 8

LThumbstick press = 9

RThumbstick press = 10

I can't recall if triggers are Z-axis +/- or 11 and 12 (depends on if the emulator treats them as analog or digital)...

Here's an example of mine, and I will explain how I set it up for my Xbox controller (if you copy and paste, remove my comments):

[KEYBOARD]
KEY_UP = SDLK_UP 0 0 -002                       <-- Don't change the joystick axes
KEY_DOWN = SDLK_DOWN 0 0 +002                   <-- Don't change the joystick axes
KEY_LEFT = SDLK_LEFT 0 0 -001                   <-- Don't change the joystick axes
KEY_RIGHT = SDLK_RIGHT 0 0 +001                 <-- Don't change the joystick axes
KEY_COIN1 = SDLK_5 0 7                          <-- Insert Coin is "back"
KEY_COIN2 = SDLK_6 0 0                          <-- Not needed, duplicate of coin1
KEY_START1 = SDLK_1 0 8                         <-- Start button (single player)
KEY_START2 = SDLK_2 0 6                         <-- Start button (two player) - uses same joystick for both players - handoff or swap
KEY_BUTTON1 = SDLK_LCTRL 0 1                    <-- A button for button 1 (sword for Dirk, energize/fire for Ace, hands for Cliff, etc.)
KEY_BUTTON2 = SDLK_LALT 0 2                     <-- B for button 2 (feet for Cliff)
KEY_BUTTON3 = SDLK_SPACE 0 3                    <-- X for button 3 (unaware of any need for third button in these games, but mapped it)
KEY_SKILL1 = SDLK_LSHIFT 0 0                    <-- Didn't map a joystick button for Skill buttons used in Space. Use keyboard to select if desired.
KEY_SKILL2 = SDLK_z 0 0                         <-- Didn't map a joystick button for Skill buttons used in Space. Use keyboard to select if desired.
KEY_SKILL3 = SDLK_x 0 0                         <-- Didn't map a joystick button for Skill buttons used in Space. Use keyboard to select if desired.
KEY_SERVICE = SDLK_9 0 9                        <-- Service button (+sword) to get into menu of DL2 to set options - set as left thumbstick.
KEY_TEST = SDLK_F2 0 0                          <-- Unnecessary
KEY_RESET = SDLK_0 0 0                          <-- Unnecessary
KEY_SCREENSHOT = SDLK_F12 0 0                   <-- Unnecessary
KEY_QUIT = SDLK_ESCAPE 0 0                      <-- Unnecessary in Hypseus Singe - use combo of Back+Start at same time to exit.
KEY_PAUSE = SDLK_p 0 5                          <-- Pause is set as left bumper
KEY_CONSOLE = SDLK_BACKSLASH 0 0                <-- Unnecessary
KEY_TILT = SDLK_t 0 0                           <-- Unnecessary
END

Modifié par PixelFreak

3 minutes ago, Trihy said:

Hi. Thanks.

Worked fine but cannot make it work on ds4w emulating xbox 360 controller. Guess is a ds4w problem. Works fine with a proper xbox 360 controller. Tried changing

KEY_COIN1 = SDLK_5 0 7

to

KEY_COIN1 = SDLK_5 1 7

But no luck.

You should not be changing anything in the second column.  The joystick variables are all in the last column (only).
What are you trying to achieve by changing the coin button?

On 9/3/2022 at 2:31 AM, xxOToTOxx said:

You could also try playing with:  https://github.com/cdurbin1970/HypseusFE

Downloaded the zip file from the above location.
Pardon my ignorance (again), but it does not have any information on how to integrate this with Hypseus, nor does it have an executable to run the front end.
Is this something that requires compiling/setup beyond downloading and running (obviously)?

6 minutes ago, PixelFreak said:

Downloaded the zip file from the above location.
Pardon my ignorance (again), but it does not have any information on how to integrate this with Hypseus, nor does it have an executable to run the front end.
Is this something that requires compiling/setup beyond downloading and running (obviously)?

It's in the pre-releases: https://github.com/cdurbin1970/HypseusFE/releases

HypseusFE_1_8_22_22_x64.zip

hace 10 horas, PixelFreak dijo:

You should not be changing anything in the second column.  The joystick variables are all in the last column (only).
What are you trying to achieve by changing the coin button?

Hi. Since I can get it to work with 360 controller but not with ds4w emulating 360 controller, thought it could be because Windows assigned the emulated controller as controller number 2 or 3, thats because I was changing that 0 to 1, as I think 1 means controller number 2. But didnt have luck. Will keep testing.

Modifié par Trihy

2 hours ago, Trihy said:

Hi. Since I can get it to work with 360 controller but not with ds4w emulating 360 controller, thought it could be because Windows assigned the emulated controller as controller number 2 or 3, thats because I was changing that 0 to 1, as I think 1 means controller number 2. But didnt have luck. Will keep testing.

That would involve adding +100 to the last column, NOT to the second column.

But use hypjsch. That is exactly what this tool will help you calculate.

SDL sometimes doesn't automatically make it controller "2", hypjsch will tell you what SDL is detecting it as and give you the correct config to add to the third column.