Aller au contenu

[SINGE 2] New LD Engine + Games (3.32 update + DLIIe surprise)

Karis

Messages recommandés

Got all this downloaded, put in the 3.31c update with the script update.  Everything seems to work well for the most part.  Only have 3 issues I can't seem to resolve:

1. SAe doesn't show up in the menu.  I can run it manually just fine.  Had to create the BAT file as I couldn't find that in any of the downloads.
2. Asterix crashes the menu.  Runs fine from BAT file.
3. How come DLe shows up twice in the menu?  Started a new folder starting from scratch.  Brought over DLe and and DL2e as the only two games and DLe comes up twice then DL2e.

I love how well this all runs.  Super fast, no issues.  All the other stuff, even the official downloads have never worked well for me.  This all runs flawlessly.  Everyone involved has done a fantastic job!

vor 19 Stunden schrieb xxOToTOxx:

Thanx for the samples, CD-I is clearly better so far, although not very good either, but less pixelated.

1 hour ago, DarkVoid666 said:

Thanx for the samples, CD-I is clearly better so far, although not very good either, but less pixelated.

Absolutely, but the CD-i disk holds what seems a proprietary MPEG-1 stream https://www.isobuster.com/help/cd-i_and_vcd called Green Book standard. Long deceased.

It seems to lack any timing information in the stream and ffpmeg complains about missing B, P frames and TOC header information. Even attempting a direct frame dump to png fails, encoding get video/audio sync issues and results in a crazy 2 hours movie. 

I am certain someone better than me, with these video streams, can do better. The Sega CinePak version has timing information.

There is also the PSX version which I assume is the same as the CD-i from @DarkVoid666 description, but may not have the timing information issue.

But need to figure out how to extract the video from the two PSX disks.

Unless someone can obtain the iOS version....

Il y a 1 heure, xxOToTOxx a dit :

Absolutely, but the CD-i disk holds what seems a proprietary MPEG-1 stream https://www.isobuster.com/help/cd-i_and_vcd called Green Book standard. Long deceased.

It seems to lack any timing information in the stream and ffpmeg complains about missing B, P frames and TOC header information. Even attempting a direct frame dump to png fails, encoding get video/audio sync issues and results in a crazy 2 hours movie. 

I am certain someone better than me, with these video streams, can do better. The Sega CinePak version has timing information.

There is also the PSX version which I assume is the same as the CD-i from @DarkVoid666 description, but may not have the timing information issue.

But need to figure out how to extract the video from the two PSX disks.

Unless someone can obtain the iOS version....

There's a wonderfull tool to extract PSX: jpsxdec

Extracted Hayate with this.

Il y a 14 heures, ISOHaven a dit :

Got all this downloaded, put in the 3.31c update with the script update.  Everything seems to work well for the most part.  Only have 3 issues I can't seem to resolve:

1. SAe doesn't show up in the menu.  I can run it manually just fine.  Had to create the BAT file as I couldn't find that in any of the downloads.
3. How come DLe shows up twice in the menu?  Started a new folder starting from scratch.  Brought over DLe and and DL2e as the only two games and DLe comes up twice then DL2e.

I love how well this all runs.  Super fast, no issues.  All the other stuff, even the official downloads have never worked well for me.  This all runs flawlessly.  Everyone involved has done a fantastic job!

I will have a look at all of this.

Note, for the bats i created a separate link with all bats on the first topic.

Modifié par Karis

Il y a 14 heures, ISOHaven a dit :

1 and 3) corrected games.dat for SAe (it was DLe's data and the reason why you had 2 DLe: https://mega.nz/file/gT5SURoC#UXeIkkL-6kXBsQVOxHrE_zKTSK4mQTD_ZoabHLyFv8M

2) I don't know, works fine here but here is a link to the menu part of Asterix: https://mega.nz/folder/1K5mUbLY#znxx0MiAnaesL3pCd5sQVg

Modifié par Karis

50 minutes ago, Karis said:

There's a wonderfull tool to extract PSX: jpsxdec

Extracted Hayate with this.

jpsxdec opens and scans it all, but only seems to be able to pull out a couple of short "pause" videos with the .str extension.

The main video seems to be in a seq001.out file, which jpsxdec doesn't seem to want to play with.

Found this also:  https://romhacking-ru.translate.goog/forum/5-409-1?_x_tr_sch=http&_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

il y a 13 minutes, xxOToTOxx a dit :

jpsxdec opens and scans it all, but only seems to be able to pull out a couple of short "pause" videos with the .str extension.

The main video seems to be in a seq001.out file, which jpsxdec doesn't seem to want to play with.

Found this also:  https://romhacking-ru.translate.goog/forum/5-409-1?_x_tr_sch=http&_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Anyway, i think i will be able to do something with your CD-i extract. I managed to convert the mpg to something usable.

3 minutes ago, Karis said:

Anyway, i think i will be able to do something with your CD-i extract. I managed to convert the mpg to something usable.

Yeah, indication seems to be it's the same quality in any case, converting the PSX video seems far too complex....... a few forum threads, but no actual resolution on that seq001.out file...

il y a 5 minutes, xxOToTOxx a dit :

Yeah, indication seems to be it's the same quality in any case, converting the PSX video seems far too complex....... a few forum threads, but no actual resolution on that seq001.out file...

By the way, this one will be difficult for Hypseus. It's very very long. 128k frames ?

il y a 6 minutes, xxOToTOxx a dit :

Ah, ok. I suspected so. Still will be good to have a modern usable version.

Resolution seems to be weird too.

Don't expect it to fast ;)

There are many things to figure out, this game is weird and mazy.

But i see no dealbreaking issue for now. 

2 hours ago, Karis said:

1 and 3) corrected games.dat for SAe (it was DLe's data and the reason why you had 2 DLe: https://mega.nz/file/gT5SURoC#UXeIkkL-6kXBsQVOxHrE_zKTSK4mQTD_ZoabHLyFv8M

2) I don't know, works fine here but here is a link to the menu part of Asterix: https://mega.nz/folder/1K5mUbLY#znxx0MiAnaesL3pCd5sQVg

1 & 3) Ah ok, that makes sense.  That link though is the DLe dat.  Did you make a new SAe dat?

2) That's weird then.  I re-downloaded this (https://mega.nz/folder/gfgHEYCA#RC4_1yJT7IAhI9YC5fMEnQ) and Asterix.  Put only those two in a folder (and just did this on a different machine) and it crashes as soon as it tries to load the data for Asterix.  No command line error as it hard crashes everything.  I copied over DLe's games.dat file and replace all DLe's with Asterix.  It ran find after that.  Something in the Asterix DAT file isn't good on my systems.  I'll have to go through line by line and see what's offending.

Thanks for looking into it!  Appreciate it!

EDIT:

These were missing from the Asterix games.dat.  As soon as I added them, it no longer crashes.

NAME          = "",
        NAME2         = "",

With that fixed I went into another game and removed those lines.  It then crashed on that one.  So those line are required.  I re-downloaded your link above for the Asterix menu and they are missing from that dat file.

Modifié par ISOHaven

Il y a 2 heures, ISOHaven a dit :

1 & 3) Ah ok, that makes sense.  That link though is the DLe dat.  Did you make a new SAe dat?

Yes i there's probably something f*****d up in Mega.

Another try

https://mega.nz/file/5SpCjZYI#kiQbYkM8dr2_Ugj_Qkyv6wOSBOakKhe2l9N9Dvd-k4U

Citation

2) That's weird then.  I re-downloaded this (https://mega.nz/folder/gfgHEYCA#RC4_1yJT7IAhI9YC5fMEnQ) and Asterix.  Put only those two in a folder (and just did this on a different machine) and it crashes as soon as it tries to load the data for Asterix.  No command line error as it hard crashes everything.  I copied over DLe's games.dat file and replace all DLe's with Asterix.  It ran find after that.  Something in the Asterix DAT file isn't good on my systems.  I'll have to go through line by line and see what's offending.

Thanks for looking into it!  Appreciate it!

EDIT:

These were missing from the Asterix games.dat.  As soon as I added them, it no longer crashes.

NAME          = "",
        NAME2         = "",

With that fixed I went into another game and removed those lines.  It then crashed on that one.  So those line are required.  I re-downloaded your link above for the Asterix menu and they are missing from that dat file.

I don't understand why this is missing, but you did well.

Modifié par Karis

1 hour ago, Karis said:

Yes i there's probably something f*****d up in Mega.

Another try

https://mega.nz/file/5SpCjZYI#kiQbYkM8dr2_Ugj_Qkyv6wOSBOakKhe2l9N9Dvd-k4U

I don't understand why this is missing, but you did well.

Perfect, I'm golden now.  Many thanks again!

6 minutes ago, ViRuS-MaN said:

I’m trying to send you a pm but it’s blocked

can u delete some open messages to clear space?

thanks

Modifié par R.R.Z.

14 minuti fa, ViRuS-MaN ha scritto:

here my site work well

i see this 

L'erreur 404 est un code d'erreur dans le protocole HTTP. Ce code est renvoyé par un serveur HTTP pour indiquer que la ressource demandée (généralement une page web) n'existe pas.
Certains navigateurs web affichent alors le message « 404 File Not Found » (de l'anglais signifiant « fichier non trouvé ») à destination de l'internaute.

i tried another browser and works

your site blocked opera and i think because of integrated vpn and that sucks

unblock opera browser please

Modifié par joefish

il y a une heure, joefish a dit :

i see this 

L'erreur 404 est un code d'erreur dans le protocole HTTP. Ce code est renvoyé par un serveur HTTP pour indiquer que la ressource demandée (généralement une page web) n'existe pas.
Certains navigateurs web affichent alors le message « 404 File Not Found » (de l'anglais signifiant « fichier non trouvé ») à destination de l'internaute.

i tried another browser and works

your site blocked opera and i think because of integrated vpn and that sucks

unblock opera browser please

i dont integrated vpn , no block my site with opera maybe you need to configure opera for my site

je viens de tester le fichier Menu_Window.bat et quand je vais de droite a gauche les vidéos de jeux sont bien presente , je vois tous mes jeux , mais une chose bizare je vois deux fois le dragon's lair 1 alors que j'ai bien un seul fichier lanceur , apres quand je vais toujours a droite ou a gauche au dernier jeux si je continue il quitte le menu moi je pensais qu'il reviendrais au premier ou dernier tout depends du sens ou on scroll et enfin je lance le menu en mode windwos et tous mes jeux sont aussi en mode windwos mais quand je lance un jeux il me le mets en fullscreen et pas mode windows.

Voila mes problèmes et je voulais savoir si on peut faire pour que je n'ai plus ces petit problèmes.

Merci d'avance. 

autre truc bizarre quand je lance vis a vis du menu y a des jeux que je vois pas exemple : Triad , Super Don Quixote , Esh , Altered Carbon

Modifié par ViRuS-MaN

Le 05/01/2022 à 17:53, ViRuS-MaN a dit :

je viens de tester le fichier Menu_Window.bat et quand je vais de droite a gauche les vidéos de jeux sont bien presente , je vois tous mes jeux , mais une chose bizare je vois deux fois le dragon's lair 1 alors que j'ai bien un seul fichier lanceur , apres quand je vais toujours a droite ou a gauche au dernier jeux si je continue il quitte le menu moi je pensais qu'il reviendrais au premier ou dernier tout depends du sens ou on scroll et enfin je lance le menu en mode windwos et tous mes jeux sont aussi en mode windwos mais quand je lance un jeux il me le mets en fullscreen et pas mode windows.

Voila mes problèmes et je voulais savoir si on peut faire pour que je n'ai plus ces petit problèmes.

Merci d'avance. 

Alors, pour DL1 en double c'est parce que Space Ace au début avait un faux menu (copier coller de DL1) c'est corrigé sur le site.

Pour le menu en windows c'est effectivement étrange. Tu es en quelle résolution ?.

Le 05/01/2022 à 17:53, ViRuS-MaN a dit :

autre truc bizarre quand je lance vis a vis du menu y a des jeux que je vois pas exemple : Triad , Super Don Quixote , Esh , Altered Carbon

En fait il faut que ces jeux soient présents et qu'ils aient le répertoire menu inclu.

En première page il y a un lien incluant tous les menus pour tous les jeux..

Il y a 21 heures, mazinger4life a dit :

J'ai également essayer avec la version 480p ça fait la même chose

Ca ne me le fait pas. 

Tu peux récupérer la dernière version du script pour être sûr ?