Aller au contenu

[SINGE 2] New LD Engine + Games (3.32 update + DLIIe surprise)

Karis

Messages recommandés

I'm a Player and a tester :-)

I think that now the script have all the needs to make perfect games!

with the addition of

timed

and level skip if death.

As Always thanks for all Your games and adaptions  and patience !

il y a 45 minutes, gig a dit :

I'm a Player and a tester :-)

I think that now the script have all the needs to make perfect games!

with the addition of

timed

and level skip if death.

As Always thanks for all Your games and adaptions  and patience !

Yeah the goal was to be able to do anything with the script and i think we're there. 

Even BD13 should be possible now. Time to rest !

But more games are coming ! Tomorrow is for gunners.

Bullet time!

As you guessed:

cp.png

The game is restored in HD, with all the addons i made for the previous ALG things.

It is based on the previous release by Poiu.

You can choose your starting point in the menu (from Rookie to Delta, which is not the difficulty), and various things like difficulty and number of lives.

The game is cheesy as hell, as you would expect, and it's part of the fun! Really playable too.

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/8eJHzSbT#Hcg9Yw-C0Ijo9FL4BvsVwA

Enjoy and see you tomorrow for another release.

Modifié par Karis

1 hour ago, Karis said:

Bullet time!

As you guessed:

cp.png

The game is restored in HD, with all the addons i made for the previous ALG things.

It is based on the previous release by Poiu.

You can choose your starting point in the menu (from Rookie to Delta, which is not the difficulty), and various things like difficulty and number of lives.

The game is cheesy as hell, as you would expect, and it's part of the fun! Really playable too.

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/8eJHzSbT#Hcg9Yw-C0Ijo9FL4BvsVwA

Enjoy and see you tomorrow for another release.

Just wanted to thank @Karis once again, and literally turning these games around in a few days - You are amazing man !!!!

Hey tough guy !

cp2.png

Last 2021 release (but there's also an update for one game tomorrow) is the "twin" of Crime Patrol, to complete the ALG collection. Not a big surprise.

Not much to say cause it works pretty much the same (you can still choose your starting point from the menu).

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/lGgyUAyD#Jr1tuatiXANNk6lCdN400w

Enjoy and see you tomorrow!

You see there a lot of fmv out there from different cie etc but this forum with Singe 2 and Hypseus etc offer more original and creative idea, you can see true spirit of fmv coming out from here, again thanks a lot you guy(Big Plus Karis,poiu,xxOToTOxx, etc) that bring joy and more joy of a genre that will never die,Long live this forum :very-good:.

Hi,

Last thing for this year:

dl2e.png

DL2e is now updated to 3.31c !

I was really tired of saying "except DL2e" for each update so, one day, i decided to do it. And when i finished, i said to myself, "now finish the trilogy". So it's more the begining than the end after all ;)

As a reminder, this is based on the enhanced Rom, which is, if i'm not wrong, not emulated directly by Daphne.

This Rom has a better management of the magical objects, unlocking a special (shorter) level 7 if you grabbed them all. 

Also, the game doesn't force you to restart some levels if you don't have all the objects.

By default, the Death Rewind is set to "Last Move" and there's no continue. You earn some extra lives during the game. But of course you might change those options if you wish.

Also, now the game allows all the different modes and options of 3.31

DL2 is without any dount, the most difficult of the trilogy, with long series of moves. But it has more storytelling than the other. And maybe the best music. I love it !

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/4e4UhTSL#wDWCs_v3PPMhcDcNfWyT6Q

Enjoy those 21 games and see you in 2022 !

il y a 9 minutes, Tremolux a dit :

Thank you Karis for all the hard work, it has been a fantastic year for us LD games lovers :very-good:

YEah i need a rest now, but also i've got one or two ideas in the corner of my mind, so who knows, #22 might come not too late in 2022 :)

I have a question with adobe premiere that can put another video directly on a main video,is it possible to make a musical game like dance dance revolution but with fmv background and to put the arrow key that appear on the screen but with a delay to put the input since fast input arrow key would be impossible on daphne singe,tell me what you think guys.

@Karis I've reached out to some users to try to send me the raw MPEG-1 file for BrainDead 13 from the Philips CDi version - which is said to be the one with the highest quality video. Hope I can get some progress and I will send you the video asap.

Another question: does Singe 2 support 4K resolution? I was wondering if these laserdisc games could also be AI upscale to 4K.

What app do you use to upscale? I have the app Topaz Video Enhance AI which works quite well. Was wondering if it was possible to upscale these games to 4K using the "Artemis" model.

Also found this video, imagine the possibilities:

Modifié par GodElite

Il y a 10 heures, GodElite a dit :

@Karis I've reached out to some users to try to send me the raw MPEG-1 file for BrainDead 13 from the Philips CDi version - which is said to be the one with the highest quality video. Hope I can get some progress and I will send you the video asap.

Another question: does Singe 2 support 4K resolution? I was wondering if these laserdisc games could also be AI upscale to 4K.

What app do you use to upscale? I have the app Topaz Video Enhance AI which works quite well. Was wondering if it was possible to upscale these games to 4K using the "Artemis" model.

Also found this video, imagine the possibilities:

Possible to do 4K yes, but it would require a powerful processor to handle the overlay then (and certainly Lores, which would be already the actual Hires).

I mean, Singe for now, doesn't take advantage of the GPU and so the weight is heavy for the processor.

And i'd say 4K is actually a kind of bandwith limit actually. For example streamin 4K on Plex is complicated to say the least.

Last thing: there are limits to (almost) everything in our (present) world. We're talking about sources which are sometimes 360*240 in 13fs, and some people would like to see them in 4k 60 fps.

The best way to achieve would be to rescan the film with a high quality scanner and then there would be no limit (the 4K remasters of the original trilogy of Star Wars are stunning and - that's quite funny - better than the prelogy which was numeric, with a fixed 1080p format).

That's the power of analogic over numeric. It's not "quantized", so you have the possibility to divide it in smaller and smaller bits. It's quite the contrary for numeric, the starting definition is the limit and then the only solution is tools like Topaz, which do their magic to guess and fill the gaps.   

So sometimes i see 4K 60 fps things that had too many gaps to fill. I mean, DL2 in 4k 60fps is not that great. When things are moving fast (quite often), you clearly see that some elements are weird (generally the background is pure fantasy. For example you can check the chase between Dirk and its stepmother in the woods).

It's mainly due to 60FPS. Going to 60 means that the AI has to create 37 FPS out of nowhere (!). The reasonnable thing would be to duplicate frames (but that's a lot). As i said, most people ignore that japanese animation is generally 12 or 13 fps (which is the low limit to trick your brain) then doubled.

On top of this i would like to add, as i said before, that 60FPS is not the magical number that will solve everything in this world. Great for sport, ok. Great for action games too. But for a movie (and LD are based on movies, so it does apply here), this format reduces motion blur which is an important part of the magic. Like i said before, the Hobbit (48FPS) has a "filmed on iPhone" look. Too precise, and it makes some people sick.

So think about this: more is not always better.

That doesn't mean it's not possible to do it, but AI need to make even more progress OR there's always the possibility to rescan the the film (which is beyond our scope).

To answer your last question, yes i use Topaz, but generally not with fixed models, you get better results by tweaking a lot. And also, Topaz is only one part of the job. I also use some effects in Premiere.

Modifié par Karis

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Karis:

I have Braindead 13 (CD-i).bin + cue /711MB file, if that might be the correct one, i can up it to GDrive, if needed.

But i read on this site, that the IOS port seems to be the best one, but i couldn't find it for free.
https://scratchpad.fandom.com/wiki/Blue_Sky's_Brain_Dead_13

The iOS port (which does not require any CDs) has higher video resolution than any of the six earlier versions.

5 minutes ago, DarkVoid666 said:

I have Braindead 13 (CD-i).bin + cue /711MB file, if that might be the correct one, i can up it to GDrive, if needed.

But i read on this site, that the IOS port seems to be the best one, but i couldn't find it for free.
https://scratchpad.fandom.com/wiki/Blue_Sky's_Brain_Dead_13

The iOS port (which does not require any CDs) has higher video resolution than any of the six earlier versions.

I have just sourced the Sega CD version and run some h264 conversion on the CinePak files, but I guess the best we can find:

https://mega.nz/file/J4sEhQZK#R4M62q_fNxT7Zq_LGcldo9_PGGYQFmGA2OCUr48BhrA

Edit:

It also depends on the encoded format of the video, on the iOS port for instance, as the DOS version is in some propitiatory binary format I couldn't find any tools to convert from the .bin files.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

vor 5 Minuten schrieb xxOToTOxx:

I have just sourced the Sega CD version and run some h264 conversion on the CinePak files, but I guess the best we can find:

https://mega.nz/file/J4sEhQZK#R4M62q_fNxT7Zq_LGcldo9_PGGYQFmGA2OCUr48BhrA

Check out the link of the site i've posted above, it says there, the Sega Saturn version has a lot of compression
The PC, Saturn, and Jaguar CD versions were compressed onto a single CD, and as a result have considerably lower video quality than the 3DO and PlayStation versions, which each include two CDs
The CD-i version, even though on single disc, uses DVC (digital video cartridge) for high quality MPEG compression and better video quality

Modifié par DarkVoid666

4 minutes ago, DarkVoid666 said:

Check out the link of the site i've posted above, it says there, the Sega Saturn version has a lot of compression
The PC, Saturn, and Jaguar CD versions were compressed onto a single CD, and as a result have considerably lower video quality than the 3DO and PlayStation versions, which each include two CDs
The CD-i version, even though on single disc, uses DVC (digital video cartridge) for high quality MPEG compression and better video quality

Lets have a look at the CD-i version then, post or message me a link ;)

Need to make sure we can read the video....

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Karis:

vor 1 Minute schrieb xxOToTOxx:

Lets have a look at the CD-i version then, post or message me a link ;)

Ok fellas, here is a GDrive link for Braindead 13 CD-I, if you wanna have a go with it.:)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-clA3Cls4j68Puqp39rJ1PNNVBXJKL-e/view?usp=sharing

I see if i can locate the IOS version somewhere.