Aller au contenu

[SINGE 2] New LD Engine + Games (3.32 update + DLIIe surprise)

Karis

Messages recommandés

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Rex2573:

I play Pac-Man... Asterix ...bubble bobble...new Zealand Story...and infinite others from various years in 16/9 on my retroarch and they are amazing...I repeat..the 4k 16/9 versions of all Don Bluth games by Lizard Man are perfect my friend and totally actuals and without issues...The past must ti adapt to future and not the future to past

If you convert 4:3 to 16:9 you always loose information at the top and the bottom, as Karis stated, this is a fact:
If you play those old 4:3 games in 16:9 via retroarch or mame it will be stretched and looses the OAR.
Same with old tv series, they are meant to be in 4:3, every alteration makes you either loose information or you have a distorted picture and this goes for all 4:3 Laser Disc Games too.
And for gun games it is an absolute no go, you might cut off a target at the top of the screen when converting to 16:9.
We are in the future cause we can play them in HD at home, but the OAR has to be preserved.

Modifié par DarkVoid666

Hi Karis.

When you can, can you take a look at Hayate hd?

Is one of my fav. games( with super don quixote).

In these days that you have done the hd version I played it a lot.

I think there is a bug.

when you play all game (I mean from start) looks like it loose to show some moves (i noticed the throw bomb move in medusa) and then it simply play a video without showing detecting moves.

so the next level (gorem) play the movie but without moves shows or detect.

If I start the game from the gorem level (slecting it in option menu)

It seem to play fine.

Could be  a frame related error?

I hope to gave you enough details.

P.S.

I Play the arcade and not the psx version, so i don't know if it happen in it too.

Thanks 

And so, for the release of the day:

sae.png

Same reason, because it's fun!

This is based on the enhanced version in 4/3 and 1080p

A few informations:

- You've got a difficulty selection when you start the game. It has no effect on the frame but has effect on your path.

Cadet: you will play only 10 levels out of 13 (it's by design since in some levels SA gives you choices Left or Right)

Captain: you will play all 13 levels, meaning that when you make a choice Left/Right, the not chosen level will play after the chosen one

Ace: Same but on top, if you energize, after the Ace part you will play the Dex part too.

Note that those things are story-adapted. For example, if you enter enter the space station and play the Borf side, when you enter the other part the game won't show you the entrance in the station for story continuity (you will start by running in the corridor).

Also when you play Ace then Dex. Dex part always follow logicaly the part where Ace transformed back.

Mirrored levels are there too, played randomly.

Also note that SA is, by design, set to "Next move" if you die (you may change this of course).

I also integrated a short "Level Cleared" if you want to breath between levels (the game is really hectic). It's not there by default but you can add it inthe menu.

Here is the link and ALSO a minor (but mandatory) correction for main.singe, going to 3.31c

https://mega.nz/folder/IehFVIhD#pwxbPSDWllPs-nbZnQogsA

https://mega.nz/folder/QP52AQZD#e2JVY0Qlwk-Rwlb54yAZsA

Enjoy !

Modifié par Karis

il y a 42 minutes, gig a dit :

Hi Karis.

When you can, can you take a look at Hayate hd?

Is one of my fav. games( with super don quixote).

In these days that you have done the hd version I played it a lot.

I think there is a bug.

when you play all game (I mean from start) looks like it loose to show some moves (i noticed the throw bomb move in medusa) and then it simply play a video without showing detecting moves.

so the next level (gorem) play the movie but without moves shows or detect.

If I start the game from the gorem level (slecting it in option menu)

It seem to play fine.

Could be  a frame related error?

I hope to gave you enough details.

P.S.

I Play the arcade and not the psx version, so i don't know if it happen in it too.

Thanks 

I need to check this.

il y a 27 minutes, gig a dit :

thanks

No i replayed it from beginning to end without any issue.

Maybe a Mega weirdness:

Please download the game singe file: https://mega.nz/file/RX4TyYCT#2vlSWlZ1Rocjf9FQr-x_0w06le4M5pTTcMMx1L149cw

And the very last version of the program: https://mega.nz/folder/IehFVIhD#pwxbPSDWllPs-nbZnQogsA

No changes here, it's just to be sure you're up to date.

If the thing happens again, try to note things that might be strange in you configuration (like your death rewind or game type)

You might also launch the game without the -z and note the mistake (cause yes, the program missed something somewhere, and that's why the video kept reading)

To Darkvoid666: I repeat....Lizard King done it...he made in amazing 16/9 4k all the Don Bluth games ..So i repeat is possible to make happy the people who like future and full full full screen..in other words should be a must allow everyone to choice with preconfigured bat files how to play favourite games

Modifié par Rex2573

35 minuti fa, Karis ha scritto:

You might also launch the game without the -z and note the mistake (cause yes, the program missed something somewhere, and that's why the video kept reading)

Tried in window mode without the -z

in the medusa level it gives me this error at the throw bomb move:

Error executing function 'onOverlayUpdate':  ./Singe/Script/main.singe:2492: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

il y a 3 minutes, gig a dit :

Tried in window mode without the -z

in the medusa level it gives me this error at the throw bomb move:

Error executing function 'onOverlayUpdate':  ./Singe/Script/main.singe:2492: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

And you updated your files ?

Which configuration ?

Cause i've got nothing here.

3 minuti fa, Karis ha scritto:

And you updated your files ?

Which configuration ?

Cause i've got nothing here.

Yes Updated, and compared them too with notepad++

Modifié par gig

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Rex2573:

To Darkvoid666: I repeat....Lizard King done it...he made in amazing 16/9 4k all the Don Bluth games ..So i repeat is possible to make happy the people who like future and full full full screen..in other words should be a must allow everyone to choice with preconfigured bat files how to play favourite games

Yes Lizard King made 16:9 conversions, but not without the sacrfices it comes with, by cropping off video information at the top and bottom, it is just not possible without.

And just making different bat files just won't do it, if you don't want it stretched, you would have to make a new encode.
Well and you can't really expect from Karis to make several different encodes just to make everyone happy.
The majority here prefers the games in its original form and are grateful for that.
If you are not happy with it, you might wanna start encoding yourself.;)

6 minuti fa, DarkVoid666 ha scritto:

Yes Lizard King made 16:9 conversions, but not without the sacrfices it comes with, by cropping off video information at the top and bottom, it is just not possible without.

And just making different bat files just won't do it, if you don't want it stretched, you would have to make a new encode.
Well and you can't really expect from Karis to make several different encodes just to make everyone happy.
The majority here prefers the games in its original form and are grateful for that.
If you are not happy with it, you might wanna start encoding yourself.;)

Karis made it in past. He is amazing and in past he posted various bat files for every taste. I hope in him..And if in your opinion the work of Lizard King have issues..welcome the issues..because he made an amazing work..

Modifié par Rex2573

about config

game type-normal

difficulty-normal

play style - normal

start at level - 4.guards (cause bugs seem start from here )

start at scene - 1

death rewind - scene

coins per credit - 5

allow continue - unlimited

show moves - normal

show hints - no

run action with - good stick

vor 1 Minute schrieb Rex2573:

Karis made it in past. He is amazing and in past he posted various bat files for every taste. I hope in him..And if in your opinion the work of Lizard King have issues..welcome the issues..because he made an amazing work..

Don't get me wrong, i have the 4K encodes from Lizard King, they are fine, i prefer the 4:3 versions though, cause you loose video information when converted to 16:9.
If you are fine with the loss of picture information, that is ok for me.
But as stated before, when it comes to gun games, the loss of video information at the top and bottom could be game breaking.

il y a 1 minute, gig a dit :

i will try to re download the video only.

I don't think it will help, it's a frame issue.

Apparently it doesn't find the end frame of one move. Which can happen is a move was not well entered (enframe after the startframe of the next move for example).

But i've checked the moves and they are ok. And i've got no error message.

19 minuti fa, DarkVoid666 ha scritto:

Don't get me wrong, i have the 4K encodes from Lizard King, they are fine, i prefer the 4:3 versions though, cause you loose video information when converted to 16:9.
If you are fine with the loss of picture information, that is ok for me.
But as stated before, when it comes to gun games, the loss of video information at the top and bottom could be game breaking.

For gun games you are right but i don t speak for them ..i was speak about Hayate...Chantze ..Tron...and Don Quixote... They are noto gun games my friend... And i would  may choice in what format i wonna play them in 2021 with the relative 16/9 bat files how made Lizard

Modifié par Rex2573

il y a 9 minutes, gig a dit :

to be more specific

the above said error appear after the button (sword) move on the stairs in the medusa level.

Logical from what you described earlier.

It would mean a problem in Level 5, scene 1, move 5 but i don't see it.

Could you copy you level 5 here ?

do you mean this way ?

elseif thisLevel == 5 then

if thisScene == 1 then

sceneStart = 1
            sceneEnd   = 781
            totalMoves = 6

move[1] = {255, 270, BUTTON1, 18}
            move[2] = {345, 360, BUTTON1, 18}
            move[3] = {490, 504, UP, 19}
            move[4] = {535, 548, UP, 19}
            move[5] = {580, 595, BUTTON1, 19}
            move[6] = {665, 680, BUTTON1, 19}

end

error after the move[5]

Modifié par gig
correction

il y a 16 minutes, gig a dit :

do you mean this way ?

elseif thisLevel == 5 then

if thisScene == 1 then

sceneStart = 1
            sceneEnd   = 781
            totalMoves = 6

move[1] = {255, 270, BUTTON1, 18}
            move[2] = {345, 360, BUTTON1, 18}
            move[3] = {490, 504, UP, 19}
            move[4] = {535, 548, UP, 19}
            move[5] = {580, 595, BUTTON1, 19}
            move[6] = {665, 680, BUTTON1, 19}

end

error after the move[5]

Everything is ok.

And i've tried 20 times, and can't reproduce.

Maybe try to insert this

debugPrint(move[5][moveFrmEnd])

at line 2491 in main.singe. And then play level 5 and tell me what you have in the console.

I think the error is in level 4

cause if i start directly from 5 it seems to works as it would!

in any case i inserted the 2491 line you said and played from level 4 till the 5 move on level 5

and the console gave me this

Error executing function 'onOverlayUpdate':  ./Singe/Script/main.singe:2524: attempt to index a nil value (field '?')

There's no reason. When level 4 is finished, it's finished.

Frames are reattributed for each level.

Anyway, the numbers are good, which means he has attributed an end move to move 5 and reach it. And then weirdness.

And i can't reproduce even starting from level 4.

Edit: ah, i've got something.

Modifié par Karis

Hey Karis, I have more info.

When you tested it , at he path of level 4 have you ever choose Up?

I Ask because I have ever choose right and the error in the next level appear !

Instead choosing Up at that path  the i have no errors.

il y a 59 minutes, gig a dit :

Hey Karis, I have more info.

When you tested it , at he path of level 4 have you ever choose Up?

I Ask because I have ever choose right and the error in the next level appear !

Instead choosing Up at that path  the i have no errors.

Yeah, i realized this

Here is a correction of the script.

I tagged everything 3.31c to avoid jinx

So everyone: script now goes to 3.31c...

https://mega.nz/folder/IehFVIhD#pwxbPSDWllPs-nbZnQogsA

Modifié par Karis