Aller au contenu

[SINGE 2] New LD Engine + Games (3.32 update + DLIIe surprise)

Karis

Messages recommandés

Hello , was testing out Hypseus on my crt & Singe2.0 as well.  

When i put in the x & y value it doesnt recognize the x value  so the screen is cropped in the crt

( with hypseus i put in -x  1024  -y 480   and it seems to work)

I downloaded the HD versions 

https://ibb.co/gT7cqkK  t

• 2 semaines après...

Hi, please note that, for unknown reasons, the last frame of Mad Dog II was not inserted in the video.

Too bad it was the menu !

Here is a new video in 1080: https://mega.nz/file/gTxFXQgI#_FK3ufhHKMpaMRTEnCiBk47UJmr2Zar77g3VmIqmjHg

and in 480 : https://mega.nz/file/8ehBgC7a#DTQ6NdY6eviI98cQQ4L0pK1GUdtHORMr_IQHohT9_9o

Christmas is coming soon, there will be new games and new features in the program ;)

Hi Everyone,

So, as promised here is a new update: 3.3

I know updates are not as exciting as a new game, but the good news is that this one is preparing the arrival of 4 novelties plus one upgrade before the end of the year.

This update has some nice novelties:

- 2 player game: by pressing key 2 you'll launch a 2 player game in Normal or Surivor mode. It's a faceoff with no continue or highscore. Great for a quick duel.
- Survivor mode has evolved: no more GetReady or Level Clear, the play has no interruption to breath. The scoring system is now 1 point per move.
- Third Tab in the option menu for performances. Here you can tweak things for a smoother play and even add scanlines if the game has them and you're using a core i9 ;)
- New Pause menu: pausing was just freezing the image, now you have a "Pause" plus your score and lives (even if you're in Basic view)
- Menus accessible in Game: previously if you wanted to go to the option menu, it was interrupting the game. Not anymore: Exit, Save and Options have the option to go back to game. 
- Double rom system: the program can now handle 2 "roms" (game singe files) at the same time (like i did for F&I), each "rom" has its own HighScore, Saves and configuration.
- Saves now recognize more informations, as the play type and will restore your game in  a better way (for example inside of a map)

For Devs:

- Revamped (once again) the Path system. Way simpler
- New actions WAY, and WAYOUT: Well, not really actions, a kind of short and invisible SKIP which has the ability to jump to another move.
- New action TIMED: to create timed inputs. When you need to cross that lava bridge only when the lava is down ;)
- Optional moves: by setting DEATH to -1 the move is now harmless if you do nothing. With -2 it also scores.
- Double moves: simple actions (arrows and buttons) can now have a secondary action accepted too as the good move.
- Tiers are now illimited (number, size)
- Levels behavior can be determined when you die, Loop, Go to next level, Replay Once now or later.
- Some overlay pictures are now optional, the program checks if they are here before assigning them. Avoids to load every image for every game when not needed (mash, diagonals,etc)
- Frame system has changed: Start of the move used to be input start (resting between input end and the next start). Now End of the move is input End (so resting begins before the Input Start: way better).

https://mega.nz/folder/MO5RxQJC#pqlHbl27kfUSjEzm7IRv0A

How to install:

If you don't mind, just grab the files and paste them over the previous one.
But it would be a good idea to remove the Overlay dir in each game first. Not doing this won't break anything, but in the update file, i removed useless files per game (for example Diagonals are useless in TG).

As usual, all the links on the first page and tutorial are already 3.3 so you don't need to update if you download Singe or one of the game now.
That's it. Tell me if you've got any problem and stay tuned, cause i plan a first release before Christmas (yes, that means tonight) ;)

Modifié par Karis

Ha ha !

And now for the first Christmas delivery:

chantze.png

Actually it's more 2 games in one: Chantze's Stone AND Triad Stone. 1 video 2 games (each one with it's own saves, highscores and options).

Restored in HD from a brand new source with the correct aspect ratio. Both are based on the first excellent port by Poiu.

What are the differences ? 

Chantze's Stone (1985) was never released, so we can only guess things from the source but basically, its more direct Than TS: no background story, no map, no distorted levels. Also the level order is different, the main difference being that "Polinia Prairie" is reinserted in the middle of "Tower of Napire" which was intended initially (red fade in and out at the beginning/end).

Triad Stone adds a map to navigate between levels, weird IRL videos of the stones, a really weird background story (weird in the sense that CS is a kind of psychedelic dreamy thing, so it's hard to storytell around this), and 2 levels with visual distortions depending on your choices (i had to recreate those, so they're a bit different from the original TS).

The good news is that you don't have to choose, since you have both.

This is the link, working with 3.3, so don't forget to update before (if you download singe from today, it's in 3.3. already). The bats are there too (one for Chantze and one for Triad since there are 2 roms).  

https://mega.nz/folder/sKgS3A7K#T-stpGn42wvmVCj4pyAyYA

Modifié par Karis

1 hour ago, Karis said:

Ha ha !

And now for the first Christmas delivery:

chantze.png

Actually it's more 2 games in one: Chantze's Stone AND Triad Stone. 1 video 2 games (each one with it's own saves, highscores and options).

Restored in HD from a brand new source with the correct aspect ratio. Both are based on the first excellent port by Poiu.

What are the differences ? 

Chantze's Stone (1985) was never released, so we can only guess things from the source but basically, its more direct Than TS: no background story, no map, no distorted levels. Also the level order is different, the main difference being that "Polinia Prairie" is reinserted in the middle of "Tower of Napire" which was intended initially (red fade in and out at the beginning/end).

Triad Stone adds a map to navigate between levels, weird IRL videos of the stones, a really weird background story (weird in the sense that CS is a kind of psychedelic dreamy thing, so it's hard to storytell around this), and 2 levels with visual distortions depending on your choices (i had to recreate those, so they're a bit different from the original TS).

The good news is that you don't have to choose, since you have both.

This is the link, working with 3.3, so don't forget to update before (if you download singe from today, it's in 3.3. already). The bats are there too (one for Chantze and one for Triad since there are 2 roms).  

https://mega.nz/folder/sKgS3A7K#T-stpGn42wvmVCj4pyAyYA

I was waiting for this. Thanks

Karis.

First of all thanks for the great new upgraded script andth excellent new game!

Maybe there is an error or graphic bug in chantze/triad.

The life bar in high res mode doesn't show properly !

Thanks again.

Il y a 14 heures, punkdark2000 a dit :

@Karis after the update some games stopped working (Mononoke, Hayate, Timegal, Cliff Hanger and Fire and Ice). I did the update as you indicated, but clicking on the bat the since opens and closes

Weird. all games are playing here.

Maybe you where not  in 3.23 before the update ?

Anyway, the first step would be to redownload singe from the first link and see what happens.

If it doesn't work then please remove the -z from the bat and tell me what's written in the console.

Modifié par Karis

Il y a 15 heures, gig a dit :

Karis.

First of all thanks for the great new upgraded script andth excellent new game!

Maybe there is an error or graphic bug in chantze/triad.

The life bar in high res mode doesn't show properly !

Thanks again.

Ah thought it was corrected. I don't know why but some of my png turned into indexed color.

Could yu take barfull and barnone.jpg from another game and paste them ?

So, time for the release of the day:

hayate.png

In (somewhat) HD. Let me remind you that the source of this one is crappy (by the way if someone has access to a capture of the original LD, ha would be a hero).

Once again 2 roms in 1 video: Arcade version and PSX version (each with own configuration,saves and highscores).

What are the differences.

Arcade is based on the original RDG release (credit to him)

PSX is based on the original Poiu release (and credit to him)

Timing for the input are "different". PSX version has diagonal moves and is tiered (but tiers are also available for Arcade).

Once again, it's only playable if you update to 3.3, so please do it (or at least redownload Singe from the first page).

Here is the link to the game:

https://mega.nz/folder/cDJVDILB#MvsxkJ-XU6ItDmsxJJTswg

Please report any bug and have a merry Christmas!

1 ora fa, Karis ha scritto:

Ah thought it was corrected. I don't know why but some of my png turned into indexed color.

Could yu take barfull and barnone.jpg from another game and paste them ?

sure!

Thanks for the games, hayate too.

And Merry xmas to you and all of this community.

Modifié par gig

2 hours ago, Karis said:

Weird. all games are playing here.

Maybe you where not  in 3.23 before the update ?

Anyway, the first step would be to redownload singe from the first link and see what happens.

If it doesn't work then please remove the -z from the bat and tell me what's written in the console.

I did that Karis, downloaded everything again, only the new Hayate that isn't opening will I try to find the error.

3 ore fa, Karis ha scritto:

So, time for the release of the day:

hayate.png

In (somewhat) HD. Let me remind you that the source of this one is crappy (by the way if someone has access to a capture of the original LD, ha would be a hero).

Once again 2 roms in 1 video: Arcade version and PSX version (each with own configuration,saves and highscores).

What are the differences.

Arcade is based on the original RDG release (credit to him)

PSX is based on the original Poiu release (and credit to him)

Timing for the input are "different". PSX version has diagonal moves and is tiered (but tiers are also available for Arcade).

Once again, it's only playable if you update to 3.3, so please do it (or at least redownload Singe from the first page).

Here is the link to the game:

https://mega.nz/folder/cDJVDILB#MvsxkJ-XU6ItDmsxJJTswg

Please report any bug and have a merry Christmas!

I hope that it and Chantze are in full screen 16 /9

Merry Christmas !

So now, it's time for the Godfather of LD

dle.png

This is based at 99% on the enhanced Rom (DLE21). 1080p and 4/3 of course.

We could argue about the fact this one is not really necessary since Daphne does it, but:

- It was fun for me to do it

- It is a nice addition to the Singe collection

- It is compatible with 3.3 meaning that all the different modes (for example 2 players, Lifebar or Survivor) and features (Arrows or whatever inside the option menu) are available if you wish.

For those not familiar with the enhanced rom, it offers mainly a more "logical" adventure, with all the videos recorded on the disk included (previous roms did not included some scenes like the infamous drawbridge)

For example:

You start on the drawbridge, then the vestibule. After this you'll have to pass a first bunch of upper levels (easiest one), then another batch (more difficult), then you'll go to the elevator with 9 stops and you'll play the underground levels and then finally the final battle.

Another one: in the Giddy Goons level (11), as a last action you can either kill the Goon pursuing you (ACTION) or flee (UP). 

Of course, mirrored levels are there. All revive and Game over scenes match the levels.

Let me encourage you to play without arrows. With this rom, it's easier to progress and IMHO, it gives more magic to the game.

Enough talk, here is the link:

https://mega.nz/folder/ROgSQYLT#nt1gL2Bh2jMGnBeaLJzRIQ

ALSO:

i made a few corrections to 3.3, so now there's a small update to 3.31 (just the script).

A minor addon allows you to restart a level when you go to the options menu (if you're ingame).

These are minor things, preventing unlikely bugs. But it's always better to have it (the link to the previous update and the link to Singe have been converted to 3.31).

It's here: https://mega.nz/folder/IehFVIhD#pwxbPSDWllPs-nbZnQogsA

Enough talk. Enjoy and see you tomorrow !

Modifié par Karis

il y a une heure, Rex2573 a dit :

Hayate in what format is? I hope full screen

It is 4/3 too because all these games are originally 4/3.

For example it would be dificult to do chantze in 16/9.

Only 2 methods (we had this discussion already ;) 

- Cropping: not possible because some parts of the map would disappear. Plus the movie uses a lot of close ups, meaning you would cut the eyes for example.

- Stretching: possible but going to 1920*1080 instead of 1440*1080 means that the image will be 33% wider. This is a lot. It means the hero's head ans body would be really fat.

Edit: in defense of 4/3 format:

https://www.newsweek.com/why-zack-snyders-justice-league-4-3-aspect-ratio-widescreen-1577090

In order to explain a bit more (i know that i won't convice you but i like to discuss about this):

43.jpg

(click to zoom)

When you go from 4/3 to 16/9 there's always something to pay. For me the lowest payment is the first one because it's not mutilating the view of the artist. So i'd say if you really hate black bars, you can also use bezels to hide them and you will have a full image, no ugly stretch and no missing parts. 

Modifié par Karis

2 hours ago, Karis said:

43.jpg

(click to zoom)

When you go from 4/3 to 16/9 there's always something to pay. For me the lowest payment is the first one because it's not mutilating the view of the artist. So i'd say if you really hate black bars, you can also use bezels to hide them and you will have a full image, no ugly stretch and no missing parts. 

100% behind you on this Karis.

Stretch if you really have to, but never crop.

This is not a new argument: http://archive.thedigitalbits.com/articles/mgmsuit/mgmsuit.html

We won't solve it here :)

Modifié par xxOToTOxx
MGM lawsuit reference

3 ore fa, Karis ha scritto:

It is 4/3 too because all these games are originally 4/3.

For example it would be dificult to do chantze in 16/9.

Only 2 methods (we had this discussion already ;) 

- Cropping: not possible because some parts of the map would disappear. Plus the movie uses a lot of close ups, meaning you would cut the eyes for example.

- Stretching: possible but going to 1920*1080 instead of 1440*1080 means that the image will be 33% wider. This is a lot. It means the hero's head ans body would be really fat.

Edit: in defense of 4/3 format:

https://www.newsweek.com/why-zack-snyders-justice-league-4-3-aspect-ratio-widescreen-1577090

In order to explain a bit more (i know that i won't convice you but i like to discuss about this):

43.jpg

(click to zoom)

You done it with Time Gal and result was Perfect ...why you don t the same with Hayate and Chantze? stretched 16/9...With these others two games i m missing others your masterpiece...damned 4/3...it s obsolete and anacronistic in 2022

Modifié par Rex2573

il y a une heure, Rex2573 a dit :

You done it with Time Gal and result was Perfect ...why you don t the same with Hayate and Chantze? stretched 16/9...With these others two games i m missing others your masterpiece...damned 4/3...it s obsolete and anacronistic in 2022

First this is not obsolete. As i pointed Snyder's Cut of Justice League, a 300M$ budget movie, was released with this format last year.

Second what i did with Timegal was a kind of mix (cropping AND stretching) and the result was not perfect since it was cropped and stretched.

But you've got to understand that it's a lot of work to do these restorations, not just putting them in Topaz and done. So, when it is done i'm not really in the mood of releasing other versions with several hours of treatment - I think Hayate is 3 hours - to remove partrs of this job.

But on the other hand, the video is available so you can transform it easily. 

But i must warn you that cropping won't do it Chantze because of the map, only stretching available with the result above.

10 minuti fa, Karis ha scritto:

First this is not obsolete. As i pointed Snyder's Cut of Justice League, a 300M$ budget movie, was released with this format last year.

Second what i did with Timegal was a kind of mix (cropping AND stretching) and the result was not perfect since it was cropped and stretched.

But you've got to understand that it's a lot of work to do these restorations, not just putting them in Topaz and done. So, when it is done i'm not really in the mood of releasing other versions with several hours of treatment - I think Hayate is 3 hours - to remove partrs of this job.

But on the other hand, the video is available so you can transform it easily. 

But i must warn you that cropping won't do it Chantze because of the map, only stretching available with the result above.

Snyder cut s infact is a colossal flop..future is full screen

Modifié par Rex2573

il y a 57 minutes, Rex2573 a dit :

Snyder cut s infact is a colossal flop..future is full screen

Question of point of view. IMHO Snyder's cut is kilometers ahead of the original and crappy Justice League by Whedon.

And we're not exactly speaking about commercial success, cause anyway commercial success is not linked to format( "classic" cinema format being 2:35, which means you're forced to watch it with black bars on 16/9)

But anyway, what is fullscreen ? I think my monitor is 24/9, and we see more and more format like this (21/9 too).

Should we stretch 16/9 things to 24/9 in the future ? When 16/9 will be obsolete (which is almost the case). 4/3 to 24/9 ? Not possible anyway... 

Should we burn all Black and White movies because they're not the future (and not fullscreen) ? Should we destroy all pre-numeric movies, 8bit games ? I don't think so. We should preserve this precious material.

Modifié par Karis

16 minuti fa, Karis ha scritto:

Question of point of view. IMHO Snyder's cut is kilometers ahead of the original and crappy Justice League by Whedon.

And we're not exactly speaking about commercial success, cause anyway commercial success is not linked to format( "classic" cinema format being 2:35, which means you're forced to watch it with black bars on 16/9)

But anyway, what is fullscreen ? I think my monitor is 24/9, and we see more and more format like this (21/9 too).

Should we stretch 16/9 things to 24/9 in the future ? When 16/9 will be obsolete (which is almost the case). 4/3 to 24/9 ? Not possible anyway... 

Should we burn all Black and White movies because they're not the future (and not fullscreen) ? Should we destroy all pre-numeric movies, 8bit games ? I don't think so. We should preserve this precious material.

The future are ultra HD screens and 4k screens...and so only fullscreen is adapt forma them...noto orrible black bars or bezels...you are amazing my friend...bit bars are so so so anacronistic and ugly... Patience... I miss with these two games...ans with Aranzulla and Don Quixote others beautiful games because not actually  and perfect as Lupin or Time Gal or Various Don Bluth s games...what a pity

il y a 17 minutes, Rex2573 a dit :

The future are ultra HD screens and 4k screens...and so only fullscreen is adapt forma them...noto orrible black bars or bezels...you are amazing my friend...bit bars are so so so anacronistic and ugly... Patience... I miss with these two games...ans with Aranzulla and Don Quixote others beautiful games because not actually  and perfect as Lupin or Time Gal or Various Don Bluth s games...what a pity

My tv screen is 8k so i don't think 4k has a bright future ahead...

About technology: wonder why not every movie is not shoot in 60 fps ? They could if they wanted to. Just because this strange format almost found by luck of 24 fps is better for movies. For sports, video games, 60 fps is ok, but not for movies. Movies need that movement blur.

A few guys tried 48 (Peter Jackson in The Hobbit) and even 120 (Ang Lee) and they discovered why it's not a good idea: 

- because the image is so precise that it look likle it's shot on a phone.

- because people get sick watching it.

- because showing with precision means showing fakeness with precision when your movie is based on FX.

For your information, most anime like Hayate are originally 12fps (enough to lure the human brain about movement). When you play them in 24fps, actually every frame is just doubled. In japanese animation, 24fps is reserved for the intense action scenes.

So, my point is: it's not because the technology can that we should.

Back to format.

Lupin's source was 16/9 actually. It's a Miyazaki movie.

Don Bluth games are all 4/3. When you play them 16/9, it means that someone removed 1/3 of Don Bluth work and i'm pretty sure he's not too happy about this.

33 minuti fa, Karis ha scritto:

My tv screen is 8k so i don't think 4k has a bright future ahead...

About technology: wonder why not every movie is not shoot in 60 fps ? They could if they wanted to. Just because this strange format almost found by luck of 24 fps is better for movies. For sports, video games, 60 fps is ok, but not for movies. Movies need that movement blur.

A few guys tried 48 (Peter Jackson in The Hobbit) and even 120 (Ang Lee) and they discovered why it's not a good idea: 

- because the image is so precise that it look likle it's shot on a phone.

- because people get sick watching it.

- because showing with precision means showing fakeness with precision when your movie is based on FX.

For your information, most anime like Hayate are originally 12fps (enough to lure the human brain about movement). When you play them in 24fps, actually every frame is just doubled. In japanese animation, 24fps is reserved for the intense action scenes.

So, my point is: it's not because the technology can that we should.

Back to format.

Lupin's source was 16/9 actually. It's a Miyazaki movie.

Don Bluth games are all 4/3. When you play them 16/9, it means that someone removed 1/3 of Don Bluth work and i'm pretty sure he's not too happy about this.

Films are films...games are another thing .and they must ne in 16/9 format or nothingh...it s my opinioni...this is Sparta... And i consider myself Leonida my friend...Patience...i will miss to play these two and Don Quixote...I play all amazing Don Bluth games in 4k by Lizard man and they are AMAZING

Modifié par Rex2573

il y a 2 minutes, Rex2573 a dit :

Films are films...games are another thing .and they must ne in 16/9 format or nothingh...it s my opinioni...this is Sparta... And i consider myself Leonida my friend...Patience...i will miss ti play these two and Don Quixote

I know you wont be convinced, no problem :)

But how do you play Pac Man or other classics in 16/9 ?

11 minuti fa, Karis ha scritto:

11 minuti fa, Karis ha scritto:

I play Pac-Man... Asterix ...bubble bobble...new Zealand Story...and infinite others from various years in 16/9 on my retroarch and they are amazing...I repeat..the 4k 16/9 versions of all Don Bluth games by Lizard Man are perfect my friend and totally actuals and without issues...The past must ti adapt to future and not the future to past

Modifié par Rex2573