Aller au contenu

[SINGE 2] New LD Engine + Games (3.32 update + DLIIe surprise)

Karis

Messages recommandés

il y a une heure, HVG a dit :

You are doing a great job. 

I had previously released some remasters (Mad Dog McCree Restored at 60fps and Mad Dog McCree 2 restored)
I am doing a new remastering of the game Mac Dog MacCree and I leave a video test for your opinion.

Thank you:bravo:

I love your Mad Dog McCree remastered version ! I've always wondered why Mad Dog II does not look as pristine (at least to me) ? Maybe the sources are different ?

But this new remaster looks stunning, very promising ! Thx for your work :very-good:

Il y a 4 heures, HVG a dit :

You are doing a great job. 

I had previously released some remasters (Mad Dog McCree Restored at 60fps and Mad Dog McCree 2 restored)
I am doing a new remastering of the game Mac Dog MacCree and I leave a video test for your opinion.

Thank you:bravo:

Very nice. To say the truth i've been inspired by your work, but without your talent for remastering.

So don't hesitate to share and i will integrate to the game.

Il y a 3 heures, Tremolux a dit :

I love your Mad Dog McCree remastered version ! I've always wondered why Mad Dog II does not look as pristine (at least to me) ? Maybe the sources are different ?

But this new remaster looks stunning, very promising ! Thx for your work :very-good:

I think MDII was shot under bad weather, which do not help (lower light).

hace 15 horas, Karis dijo:

Very nice. To say the truth i've been inspired by your work, but without your talent for remastering.

So don't hesitate to share and i will integrate to the game.

I am very interested in participating. When you launch the new 4x3 version will use your video of the mad dog as a time base to make my video.

I downloaded the WSJR version made by karis.
And I must say that it is very nice, but something is missing to make it perfect.
Every time there is a frame jump it creates a little black hole, it would be great to recreate it.
On the internet you can't find almost anything about the original game, so I recorded a little video of WSJR with original hardware, you can notice the little black hole.

Il y a 3 heures, poiu a dit :

I downloaded the WSJR version made by karis.
And I must say that it is very nice, but something is missing to make it perfect.

It's based on your version ;)

I guess the "black hole" is the disc searching ?

à l’instant, poiu a dit :

the black hole is the search for the frame, but it's part of the game

I think there was an option in Daphne to simulate disk searches.

How does it take part in the game ? i don't understand. Is it gameplay ? 

9 minuti fa, Karis ha scritto:

I think there was an option in Daphne to simulate disk searches.

How does it take part in the game ? i don't understand. Is it gameplay ? 

you should try with or without black holes, there is a difference

il y a 26 minutes, poiu a dit :

you should try with or without black holes, there is a difference

I believe you but i don't have a laserdisc ;)

Maybe this option also exist in Hypseus. Difficult to do it in Singe unless you cheat with the video (but that's difficult since you can't move the frames with gun games). Daphne is an emulator so he handles the material aspects. Singe does not.

Modifié par Karis

43 minutes ago, Karis said:

I believe you but i don't have a laserdisc ;)

Maybe this option also exist in Hypseus. Difficult to do it in Singe unless you cheat with the video (but that's difficult since you can't move the frames with gun games). Daphne is an emulator so he handles the material aspects. Singe does not.

It does exist in Hypseus, it works fine on Daphne games, but I disabled in the Singe side of things due to some bug I couldn't figure some time ago. I am fairly certain I tested this in the original Singe source code, (which no longer runs on a modern Linux desktop), and it was buggy even on that.

I will have a look at it again as it has come up. Would use options like: 

-blank_searches -blank_skips -min_seek_delay 1000

Fingers crossed it's an easier fix now, will let you know if I figure it....

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

Hi,

So yesterday, i remade the movie (just the movie) for MD2.

The previous one was made a long time ago with old Algorithms. The new movie is an improvement.

Gameplay doesn't change at all.

Here is a link. You can paste on the old one : https://mega.nz/file/tT5mFb5L#grb_IVX3d0ipnNt3JQPbNTx9tDmRyiM9mRtmvecytfc

Modifié par Karis

Il 8/11/2021 Alle 10:48, Karis ha scritto:

Ciao,

Quindi ieri ho rifatto il film (solo il film) per MD2.

Il precedente è stato realizzato molto tempo fa con vecchi algoritmi. Il nuovo film è un miglioramento.

Il gioco non cambia affatto.

Ecco un collegamento. Puoi incollare su quello vecchio:  https://mega.nz/file/tT5mFb5L#grb_IVX3d0ipnNt3JQPbNTx9tDmRyiM9mRtmvecytfc

with new file, on my pc,  now audio and video are not in sincro :-(

En 8/11/2021 a las 10:48, Karis dijo:

Hi,

So yesterday, i remade the movie (just the movie) for MD2.

The previous one was made a long time ago with old Algorithms. The new movie is an improvement.

Gameplay doesn't change at all.

Here is a link. You can paste on the old one : https://mega.nz/file/tT5mFb5L#grb_IVX3d0ipnNt3JQPbNTx9tDmRyiM9mRtmvecytfc

Very good work. The video has improved. You have also respected the original 4x3 ratio 
Regarding synchronism, it is true that it exists, but in the game it does not seem to be out of sync.

Thank you very much, now we need the rest of the games 

il y a 32 minutes, HVG a dit :

Very good work. The video has improved. You have also respected the original 4x3 ratio 
Regarding synchronism, it is true that it exists, but in the game it does not seem to be out of sync.

Thank you very much, now we need the rest of the games 

I count on you for the original Mad Dog.:)

Now that i've found a solution for the 3:2 overlay over a 4:3 i've made all of them in 4:3.

For sound, it is due to a problem in Singe. We shift it by 10 frames to correct.

And the rest, well maybe. Only cheesy games left now ;)

On 07/11/2021 at 9:28 PM, xxOToTOxx said:

It does exist in Hypseus, it works fine on Daphne games, but I disabled in the Singe side of things due to some bug I couldn't figure some time ago. I am fairly certain I tested this in the original Singe source code, (which no longer runs on a modern Linux desktop), and it was buggy even on that.

I will have a look at it again as it has come up. Would use options like: 

-blank_searches -blank_skips -min_seek_delay 1000

Fingers crossed it's an easier fix now, will let you know if I figure it....

So looking for feedback on if this blanking works and is worth implementing ? 

As we are working from the LUA and not the original ROM images I have to trigger on events based on LUA events. So it's not 100% accurate and efficient but seems to work mostly. It gives some reasonable effect feedback based on timing. I didn't try to emulate the luminescence flashes as per @poiu video (and I'm not sure that would work in ALL games if I could) , but it's a step nearer....

The video is recorded on the original SD video for YouTube, but works on the HD versions too.   

Version 2 in 2.6.18 video now shown below:

Version 2 based off LUA events: 

"discSearch"
"discSkipBackward"
"discSkipForward"
"discSkipToFrame"
-blank_searches -blank_skips -min_seek_delay 200
Modifié par xxOToTOxx

1 hour ago, Karis said:

It seems to work quite well.

I have pushed v2.6.18 out with these changes, plus a couple of fixes over the version I was testing last night:

https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe/releases/tag/v2.6.18

@Karis - If these options are enabled in `maddog` there are three or four skips/searches when you enter the saloon, but nothing is happening - do you have any idea why these occur ?

Recorded a video for easy viewing:

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

Il y a 2 heures, xxOToTOxx a dit :

I have pushed v2.6.18 out with these changes, plus a couple of fixes over the version I was testing last night:

https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe/releases/tag/v2.6.18

@Karis - If these options are enabled in `maddog` there are three or four skips/searches when you enter the saloon, but nothing is happening - do you have any idea why these occur ?

Recorded a video for easy viewing:

Civilians

They are considered as targets. They are in the list of moves with the tag GOOD GUY, so there's a move even if you're not supposed to do anything.

Modifié par Karis

14 minutes ago, Karis said:

Civilians

They are considered as targets. They are in the list of moves with the tag GOOD GUY, so there's a move even if you're not supposed to do anything.

Of course!  Makes perfect sense now.

Once again I bow to your knowledge sir.....

Hi everyone,

With the help of xxOToTOxx, here is a new release:

spp.png

New graphics, Lot of bugs corrected so the game is fully playable and, despite (or because) its cheesy nature, really enjoyable to play!

2 versions: 1080p and 480p

Am i the only one to think Cpt. Ursulla Skye looks really like a young Julia Roberts ?

As usual, all links are updated on first page including menu (and so on).

Have fun and report any bug.

14 minutes ago, Karis said:

Hi everyone,

With the help of xxOToTOxx, here is a new release:

spp.png

"Lots of Bugs" - is a huge under statement - I don't believe this game has ever worked this well in Singe - massive thanks to @Karis for his patience and knowledge in this update and enhancement

This release also includes the z_levelselect scene selection level that has been missing from every previous version I am aware of.

Hypseus version will be along soon....

il y a 2 minutes, xxOToTOxx a dit :

Is it the Zombie ? :ptdr:

Not a zombie. An Outlaw...

There's also an easter egg in WSJR, but it's a passive one. Here you've got a chance to fight against Mad Dog ;)

For this you've got to shoot something in a specific level, and at the right time.

It's not difficult to know what to shoot, it's not hidden...

Modifié par Karis

1 ora fa, Karis ha scritto:

Not a zombie. An Outlaw...

There's also an easter egg in WSJR, but it's a passive one. Here you've got a chance to fight against Mad Dog ;)

For this you've got to shoot something in a specific level, and at the right time.

It's not difficult to know what to shoot, it's not hidden...

you can fight with maddog on space pirates no WSJR

Il y a 1 heure, Rex2573 a dit :

forgive me great and amazing Karis is possible to have the 2 MAD DOGS HD in 16/9 please

Sorry, but this is totally impossible because of the targets.

They have coordinates on screen. Cropping for 16/9 would mean that some targets will be off the screen and so impossible to shoot.

Il y a 2 heures, GodElite a dit :

Hi @Karis love your work!! Every release is done with care, attention to detail, I really enjoy these latest HD remasters for the American Laser Games.

Is there any chance of us seeing Braindead 13 on Singe2 in HD?? That's the only one missing :D

Keep up the amazing work!

Thank you !

I think that Poiu was working on Brain Dead at some point.

That said it's really different from the other games (there's no real "levels" its more a giant path. So probably not easy.

13 ore fa, Karis ha scritto:

Sorry, but this is totally impossible because of the targets.

They have coordinates on screen. Cropping for 16/9 would mean that some targets will be off the screen and so impossible to shoot.

i know my friend but i hate all boards and bezels..it is my limit...Is impossible to have in totallyfullscreen also Tron and TitanA.E.?

Modifié par Rex2573