Aller au contenu

[SINGE 2] New LD Engine + Games (3.32 update + DLIIe surprise)

Karis

Messages recommandés

TestGame works fine but i cant seem to mute the sound using

-e 10

-e 50

OR

-s, --nosound, --mutesound

Original:

Start Singe.exe  -k -z -d testgame\Index -v testgame\Movie\testgame.mp4 -x 1000 -y 480 testgame\testgame.singe

Any ideas?

Can someone correct my command line to get it working just to make sure i did it properly?

I have tried:

Start Singe.exe  -s -k -z -d testgame\Index -v testgame\Movie\testgame.mp4 -x 1000 -y 480 testgame\testgame.singe

Start Singe.exe  -k -z -d testgame\Index -v testgame\Movie\testgame.mp4 -x 1000 -y 480 -s testgame\testgame.singe

Start Singe.exe -e 10 -k -z -d testgame\Index -v testgame\Movie\testgame.mp4 -x 1000 -y 480 testgame\testgame.singe

Start Singe.exe  -k -z -d testgame\Index -v testgame\Movie\testgame.mp4 -x 1000 -y 480 -e10 testgame\testgame.singe

Start Singe.exe  --nosound -k -z -d testgame\Index -v testgame\Movie\testgame.mp4 -x 1000 -y 480 testgame\testgame.singe

Start Singe.exe  -nosound -k -z -d testgame\Index -v testgame\Movie\testgame.mp4 -x 1000 -y 480 testgame\testgame.singe

Start Singe.exe  --mutesound -k -z -d testgame\Index -v testgame\Movie\testgame.mp4 -x 1000 -y 480 testgame\testgame.singe

Start Singe.exe  -mutesound -k -z -d testgame\Index -v testgame\Movie\testgame.mp4 -x 1000 -y 480 testgame\testgame.singe

and none of them mute sound or decrease volume!

Any help would be appreciated.

I want to turn the sound off when editing as hearing the same stuff over and over when testing gets very tedious :)

Thanks!

Modifié par mekodical
update

13 ore fa, mekodical ha scritto:

TestGame works fine but i cant seem to mute the sound using

-e 10

-e 50

OR

-s, --nosound, --mutesound

Original:

Start Singe.exe  -k -z -d testgame\Index -v testgame\Movie\testgame.mp4 -x 1000 -y 480 testgame\testgame.singe

Any ideas?

Can someone correct my command line to get it working just to make sure i did it properly?

I have tried:

Start Singe.exe  -s -k -z -d testgame\Index -v testgame\Movie\testgame.mp4 -x 1000 -y 480 testgame\testgame.singe

Start Singe.exe  -k -z -d testgame\Index -v testgame\Movie\testgame.mp4 -x 1000 -y 480 -s testgame\testgame.singe

Start Singe.exe -e 10 -k -z -d testgame\Index -v testgame\Movie\testgame.mp4 -x 1000 -y 480 testgame\testgame.singe

Start Singe.exe  -k -z -d testgame\Index -v testgame\Movie\testgame.mp4 -x 1000 -y 480 -e10 testgame\testgame.singe

Start Singe.exe  --nosound -k -z -d testgame\Index -v testgame\Movie\testgame.mp4 -x 1000 -y 480 testgame\testgame.singe

Start Singe.exe  -nosound -k -z -d testgame\Index -v testgame\Movie\testgame.mp4 -x 1000 -y 480 testgame\testgame.singe

Start Singe.exe  --mutesound -k -z -d testgame\Index -v testgame\Movie\testgame.mp4 -x 1000 -y 480 testgame\testgame.singe

Start Singe.exe  -mutesound -k -z -d testgame\Index -v testgame\Movie\testgame.mp4 -x 1000 -y 480 testgame\testgame.singe

and none of them mute sound or decrease volume!

Any help would be appreciated.

I want to turn the sound off when editing as hearing the same stuff over and over when testing gets very tedious :)

Thanks!

the option for the video volume is -l (L in lowercase)

so 

singe.exe -l 0 ............

mute the video...

Modifié par gig

On 7/11/2021 at 1:04 PM, Karis said:

No idea, but probably you're missing one update or something. 

I advise you to download it again.

If you want more details about the problem, then remove the -z from the bat and the dos window will tell where the error is, than i'll tell you more about this problem.

The updates fixed the problem, thanks!

I know road blaster does not support higher resolution in daphne like some of the other games. But if I were to use topaz to AI upscale it would it be super complicated to convert it to singe?

Untitled.jpg

Modifié par Nit3H8wk

10 hours ago, Nit3H8wk said:

I know road blaster does not support higher resolution in daphne like some of the other games. But if I were to use topaz to AI upscale it would it be super complicated to convert it to singe?

Untitled.jpg

Or please try the upscaled video in Hypseus Singe (Daphne SDL2) which will support the higher resolution video.

Please provide a link to the upscaled video, if you do, for others to try.

e.g. Change -x and -y to the resolution you create.

hypseus.exe roadblaster vldp -framefile vldp\roadblaster\roadblaster.txt -x 1600 -y 1200 -fullscreen 

Edit: There is not a 2Gb limit on file size in Hypseus, so there is no need to split the upscaled .m2v if it exceeds that size.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

5 hours ago, xxOToTOxx said:

Or please try the upscaled video in Hypseus Singe (Daphne SDL2) which will support the higher resolution video.

Please provide a link to the upscaled video, if you do, for others to try.

e.g. Change -x and -y to the resolution you create.

hypseus.exe roadblaster vldp -framefile vldp\roadblaster\roadblaster.txt -x 1600 -y 1200 -fullscreen 

Edit: There is not a 2Gb limit on file size in Hypseus, so there is no need to split the upscaled .m2v if it exceeds that size.

The default output is mp4. Not sure if handbrake can convert it back to m2v. But I will upload it when it's done and even if it's just a mp4 file maybe someone can do something with it.

2 hours ago, Nit3H8wk said:

The default output is mp4. Not sure if handbrake can convert it back to m2v. But I will upload it when it's done and even if it's just a mp4 file maybe someone can do something with it.

You can use ffmpeg to convert to m2v and pull out the audio as ogg:

ffmpeg -i <original>.mp4 -an -qscale:v 4 -b:v 6000k -codec:v mpeg2video <game>.m2v
ffmpeg -i <original>.mp4 -vn -c:a libvorbis -ar 44100 -map a -b:a 160k <game>.ogg

The important thing is the video frame timings are matched to the original:

mediainfo --Inform='Video;%FrameCount%' <file>
mediainfo --Inform='Video;%Duration%' <file>

You can compare the mp4, and the m2v, with something like this.

8 hours ago, xxOToTOxx said:

You can use ffmpeg to convert to m2v and pull out the audio as ogg:

ffmpeg -i <original>.mp4 -an -qscale:v 4 -b:v 6000k -codec:v mpeg2video <game>.m2v
ffmpeg -i <original>.mp4 -vn -c:a libvorbis -ar 44100 -map a -b:a 160k <game>.ogg

The important thing is the video frame timings are matched to the original:

mediainfo --Inform='Video;%FrameCount%' <file>
mediainfo --Inform='Video;%Duration%' <file>

You can compare the mp4, and the m2v, with something like this.

the mediainfo command does not seem to work for me. I was able to use the windows binary to convert the file to m2v though. Topaz did not pull the ogg audio with it during conversion however when I put the upscaled file into the vldp folder with it's original filename it does play the audio from the original ogg. I will share the file tho in case anyone wants to test it https://mega.nz/file/5dpEBC6a#GMppuxaBneMn6-K749EEdxbITV0xs0uOjyVPLnvVbwo

On 04/08/2021 at 6:19 AM, Nit3H8wk said:

the mediainfo command does not seem to work for me. I was able to use the windows binary to convert the file to m2v though. Topaz did not pull the ogg audio with it during conversion however when I put the upscaled file into the vldp folder with it's original filename it does play the audio from the original ogg. I will share the file tho in case anyone wants to test it https://mega.nz/file/5dpEBC6a#GMppuxaBneMn6-K749EEdxbITV0xs0uOjyVPLnvVbwo

In Windows: https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download/Windows

View  -> Tree
Debug -> Advanced Mode

Look for 'Duration' and 'Frame Count'

Ok, loaded into Hypseus fine, there is an aspect ratio issue in the video. I got sound immediately. Did you delete the original .dat file and allow Hypseus to re-create ?

I assume you didn't move the existing .ogg file? Also try the Windows WinMM version, which uses the legacy Windows Sound System if sound issues persist. 

4096 Aug  4 09:14  .
       4096 Apr 23 23:58  ..
     216004 Aug  4 09:14  rb.dat
 5663510228 Aug  4 09:13  rb.m2v
   33437613 May  1  2016  rb.ogg
  705733047 May  1  2016  rb-orig.m2v
        808 May  1  2016 'road blaster.txt'
         12 Apr 30  2016  roadblaster.txt

Besides the aspect ratio issue, these look great - displayed here at 1600x1200:

hypseus-27.png

hypseus-28.png

hypseus-29.png

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

mediainfo --Inform='Video;%FrameCount%' rb.m2v 
mediainfo --Inform='Video;%FrameCount%' rb-orig.m2v 

mediainfo --Inform='Video;%Duration%' rb.m2v
mediainfo --Inform='Video;%Duration%' rb-orig.m2v

Some slight differences in video timing, not sure what differences these will make in-game yet, they are quite small.

Would require testing...

Edit: Here is the aspect ratio and timing issue (top yours, bottom original):

Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate                               : 30.000 FPS

Display aspect ratio                     : 4:3
Frame rate                               : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
2021-08-04 10:03:09.100 INFO  [740887] [ldp_vldp::nonblocking_search@470] NOTE: converting FPKS from 29970 to 30000. This may be less accurate

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

4 hours ago, xxOToTOxx said:

mediainfo --Inform='Video;%FrameCount%' rb.m2v 
mediainfo --Inform='Video;%FrameCount%' rb-orig.m2v 

mediainfo --Inform='Video;%Duration%' rb.m2v
mediainfo --Inform='Video;%Duration%' rb-orig.m2v

Some slight differences in video timing, not sure what differences these will make in-game yet, they are quite small.

Would require testing...

Edit: Here is the aspect ratio and timing issue (top yours, bottom original):

Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate                               : 30.000 FPS

Display aspect ratio                     : 4:3
Frame rate                               : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS

2021-08-04 10:03:09.100 INFO  [740887] [ldp_vldp::nonblocking_search@470] NOTE: converting FPKS from 29970 to 30000. This may be less accurate

I did the default upscale to 4k. I will run it again when my laptop comes assuming it's delivered on time as the upscale takes about 4 hours. There is an option in topaz for custom resolution so I will try 1600x1200 no setting for framerate tho so it will have the same frametime issue :(

21 minutes ago, Nit3H8wk said:

I did the default upscale to 4k. I will run it again when my laptop comes assuming it's delivered on time as the upscale takes about 4 hours. There is an option in topaz for custom resolution so I will try 1600x1200 no setting for framerate tho so it will have the same frametime issue :(

I don't know this software (topaz), but this seems to imply you can ask for a framerate change ?

https://photorumors.com/2021/07/04/topaz-labs-video-enhance-ai-v-2-3-0-released/

Is this an add-on extension to the main engine ?

• New Chronos AI model for frame rate conversion – Easily adjust motion in your clips by slowing them down by up to 2000%. Convert the frame rate of your source footage to conform to your project requirements (e.g. 23.97 fps → 30 fps) or add even smoother motion by converting to higher frame rates (e.g. 60 fps or 120 fps)

You can go larger than 1600x1200, but just ensure the aspect ratio is correct (2880x2160). The resulting file size I guess is the biggest factor.

I guess you also need to set the aspect ratio, unless it detects it from the size specified.

Did you get the sound sorted ?

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

1 hour ago, xxOToTOxx said:

I don't know this software (topaz), but this seems to imply you can ask for a framerate change ?

https://photorumors.com/2021/07/04/topaz-labs-video-enhance-ai-v-2-3-0-released/

Is this an add-on extension to the main engine ?

You can go larger than 1600x1200, but just ensure the aspect ratio is correct (2880x2160). The resulting file size I guess is the biggest factor.

I guess you also need to set the aspect ratio, unless it detects it from the size specified.

Did you get the sound sorted ?

Yeah the upscaled m2v just needs to be in the same folder with the ogg. So it looks like I will need to upscale first with the artemis model and I will try 2880x2160 and I will set 400% scale with that since 3840x2160 defaults the scale to 450%. When that's done I can use the chronos model to change the frame rate back to 29.97. But for now just waiting on my laptop to get here so I don't have to tie up my main gaming rig for 4 hours.

On 04/08/2021 at 3:22 PM, Nit3H8wk said:

Yeah the upscaled m2v just needs to be in the same folder with the ogg. So it looks like I will need to upscale first with the artemis model and I will try 2880x2160 and I will set 400% scale with that since 3840x2160 defaults the scale to 450%. When that's done I can use the chronos model to change the frame rate back to 29.97. But for now just waiting on my laptop to get here so I don't have to tie up my main gaming rig for 4 hours.

Coolio, looking forward to testing this.

We might want to move this discussion to the Hypseus thread, to save cluttering up Karis' Singe 2... ?

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

Il 12/8/2021 Alle 15:00, ViRuS-MaN ha scritto:

je viens de refaire ma section singe 2.0 sur mon site et je me suis rendu compte qu'il me manque badland et iriad stone , et si on pouvait me fournir un lien pour moi les prendre ca serais cool pour moi les mettre a disponibilite sur mon site , merci d avance

• 2 semaines après...
  • 3 semaines après...
On 8/31/2021 at 10:10 PM, alex5557 said:

Was thinking could video challenger console be emulated on Singe like action max? Shoot em up road blaster seemed like a unusual version. 

yeah found all these on Internet Archive apart from the full version After Burner where you use a gun rather than a joystick. Not sure anyone has opened up the gun yet as the console was built into the gun? maybe om mame one day i hope! It seems the guy in the video is the only person so far with the After Burner Game. MAybe someone can re engineer the gun the way that it does on Actionmax.

Modifié par mekodical
updated

Hello everyone.

I'm really happy you guys made singe2 to launch my chilhood memory, especially for mad dog 1 !

I installed everything, copied your bat file to launch maddog, played with the name of singe.exe from the fresh installed.

Everything works great... just took me a while to figured out the controls (after opening the control file doh).

Now the final trick is to make it work in Hyperspin. And here I need some help.

I created a ALG wheel (did'nt want to use the standard "American laser Games" and start from zero).

All my media theme... are ready.

In hyper HQ settings I defined the proper exe file, rom folder (actually the root of singe2 folder where my maddog.bat is)

But when I try to test launch in hyper launch (2.25 i believe) it first told me AHK file was missing in the modules folder.

So I created a ALG folder in the module folder (inception of folders), then created a blank AHK file, and inside I just paste the random command line

Run, %executable% "%romPath%\%romName%%romExtension%", %EmuPath%, Hide UseErrorLevel

But when i try again to test maddog from hyperlaunch, I get a new error message.

m68y.jpg

I'm not comfortable with the code for AHK, can you guide me ?

PS : pour résumer en français, merci karis pour permettre de rejouer à ses plus gros souvenirs d'enfance. Mais comment je fais pour lancer dans hyperspin, et plus précisement pour le module AHK ?

Merci, bisous.

Modifié par captainbigleux

problem solved... kinda...

I was just starting to set up a hyperspin install.

I decided to give launchbox a try. Seems better, and I managed to insert maddog into the Arcade. Just add the game manually, with launch option as explained here by Headrush

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/profile/75612-headrush69/https://forums.launchbox-app.com/profile/75612-headrush69/