Aller au contenu

[SINGE 2] New LD Engine + Games (3.32 update + DLIIe surprise)

Karis

Messages recommandés

Karis....Gigi.....HO RISOLTO FINALMENTE.

era solo un problema di risoluzione nel file games dovevo solo cambiare la risoluzione a 1152x864

Gigi,rinominando il file games in games.dat.....ricevevo quell errore,dovevo solo cambiare la risoluzione tutti qui.

Karis...Gigi......Thanks guys, I solved it was just a solving problem, yet singe's error said it......

what deceived me was the layout of the writing of the games file in the menu folder ..... which is all on a single line, and not arranged in the column, so I did not see the writing regarding the resolution, I just had to  change this ... .and the game has started

Thanks again

Modifié par wild75

51 minuti fa, wild75 ha scritto:

what deceived me was the layout of the writing of the games file in the menu folder ..... which is all on a single line, and not arranged in the column, so I did not see the writing regarding the resolution, I just had to  change this ... .and the game has started

for editing this kind of file, better to use a program other than NOTEPAD.

Notepad++  for example is great, and you'll see it in many lines not a sigle line.

apologies if this has been answered...

can i change controls to my arvade cabinet and keyboard encoder?  for instance, the letter "" is my fire button(action button in singe).i tried making some change in the cfg file t no luck on my end...

Il y a 6 heures, d8thstar a dit :

apologies if this has been answered...

can i change controls to my arvade cabinet and keyboard encoder?  for instance, the letter "" is my fire button(action button in singe).i tried making some change in the cfg file t no luck on my end...

Yes you can, actually i did it on my own arcade.

The reason of your problem is that arcade controls are not Xinput (typical Xbox controller are). So the best way is to modify the cfg file with the keys you want and use an additional program like JoyToKey. Works for me.

Actually i even have an AHK scrip that launch JoyToKey when  i launch Singe and exits when i leave. So it's all automated.

Modifié par Karis

Some news for you guys.

Tron is nearly ready. Actually it is finished but i just want to replay it extensively just to ensure everything is ok. By the way if there are some volunteers playtesters, i will send them the game.

Along with Tron will come a 3.0 update of the LUA script. New number mean big changes.

Actually i dived deep into the program to correct old bugs and add some new functionalities. Most of the change are invisible for users, but the script is 30% lighter. In this update there will be for example:

- Better performances (but don't dream: 1080p with a 1080p overlay will still be laggy on a core I3)

- Unlimited number of Levels for new games (instead of 16)

- Unlimited number of Death for new games (instead of 165)

- Smoother sound transition between scenes (instead of the old overlap)

- Exit Menu (to avoid accidents when you press escape)

- Revamped option menu

- Level titles during gameplay

- Many minor bugs corrected

Of course i will provide this update for all my games, with an archive that will allow to update from any previous version. I will also provide a small tutorial for the designers that want to convert their game to 3.0 from any previous version (that's not so complicated).

So stay tuned all of this will arrive this week or next one.

2 ore fa, Karis ha scritto:

Some news for you guys.

Tron is nearly ready. Actually it is finished but i just want to replay it extensively just to ensure everything is ok. By the way if there are some volunteers playtesters, i will send them the game.

Along with Tron will come a 3.0 update of the LUA script. New number mean big changes.

Actually i dived deep into the program to correct old bugs and add some new functionalities. Most of the change are invisible for users, but the script is 30% lighter. In this update there will be for example:

- Better performances (but don't dream: 1080p with a 1080p overlay will still be laggy on a core I3)

- Unlimited number of Levels for new games (instead of 16)

- Unlimited number of Death for new games (instead of 165)

- Smoother sound transition between scenes (instead of the old overlap)

- Exit Menu (to avoid accidents when you press escape)

- Revamped option menu

- Level titles during gameplay

- Many minor bugs corrected

Of course i will provide this update for all my games, with an archive that will allow to update from any previous version. I will also provide a small tutorial for the designers that want to convert their game to 3.0 from any previous version (that's not so complicated).

So stay tuned all of this will arrive this week or next one.

Hi karis.

Could you insert the changelog when new script is ready?

Big Improvements ! Thanks

il y a 5 minutes, gig a dit :

Hi karis.

Could you insert the changelog when new script is ready?

Big Improvements ! Thanks

Unfortunately it will be complicated. 

I had a changelog some time ago but it's not been updated since a long time.

I will try to read this thread and my notes to update it.

10 hours ago, Karis said:

Yes you can, actually i did it on my own arcade.

The reason of your problem is that arcade controls are not Xinput (typical Xbox controller are). So the best way is to modify the cfg file with the keys you want and use an additional program like JoyToKey. Works for me.

Actually i even have an AHK scrip that launch JoyToKey when  i launch Singe and exits when i leave. So it's all automated.

thank you for the response.  any chance you can share your cfg file and even your ahk script?

i have never had much luck with joy2key.  i can get it to work but there always seems to be double key presses or some ghosting going on so i am trying on this new build to not use it.

as an example, i looked at the DL2 control cfg file.  i see that keys 1 and 5 are set to start and coin.  but those buttons dont seem to work so i'm not sure if i spend time in the cfg for my direction controls, that that will even work.

thanks a ton man!

Il y a 4 heures, d8thstar a dit :

thank you for the response.  any chance you can share your cfg file and even your ahk script?

i have never had much luck with joy2key.  i can get it to work but there always seems to be double key presses or some ghosting going on so i am trying on this new build to not use it.

as an example, i looked at the DL2 control cfg file.  i see that keys 1 and 5 are set to start and coin.  but those buttons dont seem to work so i'm not sure if i spend time in the cfg for my direction controls, that that will even work.

thanks a ton man!

I need to check on the arcade and i will tell you.

For the config file it's pretty simple: There are no joysticks (useless), only one key set to each switch (for example 1 to start). then i link my start button to press key 1 in Joy2Key and it works.

There are other similar solutions i guess, but i've got no ghosting at all.

You cannot emulate the joysticks because, if you're like me, your arcarde controls are dinput and not xinput. Singe works well with an xbox pad or even an arcade controller (for example Hori) with a switch set to xinput. Unfortunately regular arcade joysticks don't have this option (at least mine).

Microsoft never did a big effort with xinput and of course it's even worse with dinput, so in the config file you can forget all joysticks. Only keys. That's the only way.

il y a 5 minutes, d8thstar a dit :

thanks man, i'll give j2k anther go.

I just thought that a direct ahk script could be the solution to avoid Joy2Key.

Check this:

https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/misc/RemapJoystick.htm

I think you can find easily a complete mapping AHK script on the web for example here:

https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=13117

Modifié par Karis

can you post a config file for one of your games?  for instance, DL2, the cfg says main_1 and main_5 for start and coin.  shouldn't 1 and 5 work as is?  i can't even register a coin drop...  i'm probably not using the cfg correctly.

thanks a ton man!

Hi all,

I'm loving the nostalgia of playing these classic arcade games from my childhood!

Thanks for all of the helpful links, Karis.

Unfortunately most of the American laser games crash after ~5-10 minutes, seemingly at random.  No error message, Singe 2  just spontaneous closes.

Occasionally, with Crime Patrol 2, I'd get an error where regardless of my mouse input (for shooting) it would cycle through all of the video clips for a given scene (i.e., every bad guy gets shot and then every bad guy shots me).  Not sure if that issue is related to the above.

Anyone else having the same issues?  Any fixes?  Maybe it's an issue with the video player that I'm using (VLC)?

Thanks.

Il y a 19 heures, NoFo04 a dit :

Hi all,

I'm loving the nostalgia of playing these classic arcade games from my childhood!

Thanks for all of the helpful links, Karis.

Unfortunately most of the American laser games crash after ~5-10 minutes, seemingly at random.  No error message, Singe 2  just spontaneous closes.

Occasionally, with Crime Patrol 2, I'd get an error where regardless of my mouse input (for shooting) it would cycle through all of the video clips for a given scene (i.e., every bad guy gets shot and then every bad guy shots me).  Not sure if that issue is related to the above.

Anyone else having the same issues?  Any fixes?  Maybe it's an issue with the video player that I'm using (VLC)?

Thanks.

I'm not a big expert of ALG (apart Mad Dog, which i remade).

Most of those games are just conversions from the old versions from RDG, which were really messy and Poiu did its best but maybe there are still errors , I don't know.

Il y a 21 heures, d8thstar a dit :

can you post a config file for one of your games?  for instance, DL2, the cfg says main_1 and main_5 for start and coin.  shouldn't 1 and 5 work as is?  i can't even register a coin drop...  i'm probably not using the cfg correctly.

thanks a ton man!

Here is a typical config

DEAD_ZONE = 12000

INPUT_UP           = { SCANCODE.UP, GAMEPAD_0.DPAD_UP, GAMEPAD_0.AXIS_LEFT_Y_U }
INPUT_LEFT         = { SCANCODE.LEFT, GAMEPAD_0.DPAD_LEFT, GAMEPAD_0.AXIS_LEFT_X_L }
INPUT_DOWN         = { SCANCODE.DOWN, GAMEPAD_0.DPAD_DOWN, GAMEPAD_0.AXIS_LEFT_Y_D }
INPUT_RIGHT        = { SCANCODE.RIGHT, GAMEPAD_0.DPAD_RIGHT, GAMEPAD_0.AXIS_LEFT_X_R }
INPUT_1P_COIN      = { SCANCODE.MAIN_5, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_BACK }
INPUT_2P_COIN      = { SCANCODE.MAIN_6 }
INPUT_1P_START     = { SCANCODE.MAIN_1, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_START }
INPUT_2P_START     = { SCANCODE.MAIN_2 }
INPUT_ACTION_1     = { SCANCODE.LCTRL, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_A }
INPUT_ACTION_2     = { SCANCODE.LALT, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_B }
INPUT_ACTION_3     = { SCANCODE.LSHIFT }
INPUT_ACTION_4     = { SCANCODE.RSHIFT }
INPUT_SKILL_EASY   = { SCANCODE.F1, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_LEFT_BUMPER }
INPUT_SKILL_MEDIUM = { SCANCODE.F2, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_RIGHT_BUMPER }
INPUT_SKILL_HARD   = { SCANCODE.F3, GAMEPAD_0.AXIS_LEFT_TRIGGER_P }
INPUT_SERVICE      = { SCANCODE.MAIN_9, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_RIGHT_STICK }
INPUT_TEST_MODE    = { SCANCODE.F4, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_X }
INPUT_RESET_CPU    = { SCANCODE.F10 }
INPUT_SCREENSHOT   = { SCANCODE.F12 }
INPUT_QUIT         = { SCANCODE.GRAVE }
INPUT_PAUSE        = { SCANCODE.P, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_Y }
INPUT_CONSOLE      = { SCANCODE.ESCAPE, SCANCODE.Q }
INPUT_TILT         = { SCANCODE.T }
INPUT_GRAB         = { SCANCODE.G }

On the Arcade i would remove references to the joysticks, for example (but i don't think it's really important):

INPUT_1P_COIN      = { SCANCODE.MAIN_5 }

This is 5 on the MAIN keyboard (NOT the numpad). Also note that you don't need to caps lock (it has no importance since it is the "physical" key, not its state).

Modifié par Karis

i really appreciate your willingness to help!  i followed your advice and tried removing any stick reference from the coin and start keys and neither works.  And yes, I was pushing the main number keys, not the numpad.  here is my config and it is in the root of the DL2 folder, file is named controls.cfg

and are you the one doing these conversions?  they look beautiful!  Keep it up!  can i buy you a pint over PayPal?

last question, what are the odds of getting direct input implemented?  i'd be willing to pay :)

-- Default Mappings

DEAD_ZONE = 12000

INPUT_UP           = { SCANCODE.UP, GAMEPAD_0.DPAD_UP, GAMEPAD_0.AXIS_LEFT_Y_U }
INPUT_LEFT         = { SCANCODE.LEFT, GAMEPAD_0.DPAD_LEFT, GAMEPAD_0.AXIS_LEFT_X_L }
INPUT_DOWN         = { SCANCODE.DOWN, GAMEPAD_0.DPAD_DOWN, GAMEPAD_0.AXIS_LEFT_Y_D }
INPUT_RIGHT        = { SCANCODE.RIGHT, GAMEPAD_0.DPAD_RIGHT, GAMEPAD_0.AXIS_LEFT_X_R }
INPUT_1P_COIN      = { SCANCODE.MAIN_5 }
INPUT_2P_COIN      = { SCANCODE.MAIN_6 }
INPUT_1P_START     = { SCANCODE.MAIN_1 }
INPUT_2P_START     = { SCANCODE.MAIN_2 }
INPUT_ACTION_1     = { SCANCODE.LCTRL, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_A }
INPUT_ACTION_2     = { SCANCODE.LALT, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_B }
INPUT_ACTION_3     = { SCANCODE.LSHIFT }
INPUT_ACTION_4     = { SCANCODE.RSHIFT }
INPUT_SKILL_EASY   = { SCANCODE.F1, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_LEFT_BUMPER }
INPUT_SKILL_MEDIUM = { SCANCODE.F2, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_RIGHT_BUMPER }
INPUT_SKILL_HARD   = { SCANCODE.F3, GAMEPAD_0.AXIS_LEFT_TRIGGER_P }
INPUT_SERVICE      = { SCANCODE.MAIN_9, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_RIGHT_STICK }
INPUT_TEST_MODE    = { SCANCODE.F4, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_X }
INPUT_RESET_CPU    = { SCANCODE.F10 }
INPUT_SCREENSHOT   = { SCANCODE.F12 }
INPUT_QUIT         = { SCANCODE.ESCAPE, SCANCODE.Q }
INPUT_PAUSE        = { SCANCODE.P, GAMEPAD_0.BUTTON_Y }
INPUT_CONSOLE      = { SCANCODE.GRAVE }
INPUT_TILT         = { SCANCODE.T }
INPUT_GRAB         = { SCANCODE.G }

Modifié par d8thstar

Il y a 2 heures, d8thstar a dit :

i really appreciate your willingness to help!  i followed your advice and tried removing any stick reference from the coin and start keys and neither works.  And yes, I was pushing the main number keys, not the numpad.  here is my config and it is in the root of the DL2 folder, file is named controls.cfg

That's really weird. I never saw a keyboard not working. The problem is clearly not in the cfg file.

Is it a wireless ? That should not be a problem but i'm trying to understand.

Do you use a launcher or something ? I mean, one answer could be that the focus is not on the singe window.

and are you the one doing these conversions?  they look beautiful!  Keep it up!  can i buy you a pint over PayPal?

Yes that's me at least for the games on this thread and they are free of charge ;)

last question, what are the odds of getting direct input implemented?  i'd be willing to pay :)

Unfortunately i'm not the one who does the Singe program. I do only the LUA that allows to make and play games.

And i don't think Scott has planned to manage dinput. But honestly that's a really rare and strange problem that we should solve.

So here we are. TRON and the 3.0 update are online (links on first page)

TRON is a 550+ moves, 9 levels, (maybe 10 who knows?) adaptation of the original movie of 1982.

Lots of fun with Light Cycles Race, Discs fights, Ball game, Solar Rider...

By default the game is set to the new mode (Life Bar), but it plays really well in normal mode too (choose the mode you prefer). Life Bar is easier.

Note that difficulty is the same kind than SuckerPunch (though the game is easier): Hard difficulty is not shorter than Normal one, but it adds some really cool scenes to the game. In Normal mode, those scenes (more difficult to play) are skipped.

The bats for launching the game are in the bat reserve and the game is compatible with the new menu. As usual you will find some assets for your launcher in the Asset folder of the game.

A 4/3 version of the movie is also available in the 4/3 folder.

TRON is based on the new 3.0 script. This script adds a lot of things (please read a few posts up for more details) and i converted all games to 3.0.

The link for updating is on first page too and should work on any previous version of the games, so don't hesitate to apply it in order to improve you gaming experience.

Also, i included a guide for designers which would like to convert their games to 3.0.

All the games on the Mega folder have been updated to 3.0 so you don't need to upgrade if you just downloaded a game. The tutorial and the blank file are also updated.

Have fun and tell me is there are any problems! I'm really curious to know if you like the game and the new Life Bar mode! I hope you do! 

Modifié par Karis

il y a 1 minute, mazinger4life a dit :

Karis J'ai remarqué dans le blank file v3.0 il n'a pas l'options relatives frames.

Ah ? je vais corriger ça

Edit: en fait il y est. Je l'ai déplacé et c'est sans doute pour cela que tu l'as raté.

Tout ce qui est Level est ensemble, dans la section 3

Modifié par Karis

il y a 31 minutes, mazinger4life a dit :

Karis J'ai remarqué dans le blank file v3.0 il n'a pas l'options relatives frames.

Oop desolé je l'ai trouvé c'etais quelques lignes plus bas.

Autre chose pour un jeux original est ce que il y a une méthode plus rapide de transferer le script du jeu dans la version 3.0 ou bien il faut retaper beaucoup de ligne.

Modifié par mazinger4life

il y a 3 minutes, mazinger4life a dit :

Oop desolé je l'ai trouvé c'etais quelques lignes plus bas

Oh c'est rien.

Du fait de la nouvelle philosophie 3.0 il est plus logique de le mettre au moment de déclarer les niveaux.

Par ailleurs dans "avancé" c'est plus facile de le rater et j'ai eu quelqu'un récemment qui avait raté ce détail. Or il est méga important si on numérote tout du début du disque.

Modifié par Karis

Il 3/6/2021 Alle 18:50, Karis ha scritto:

TRON is a 550+ moves, 9 levels, (maybe 10 who knows?) adaptation of the original movie of 1982.

By default the game is set to the new mode (Life Bar), but it plays really well in normal mode too (choose the mode you prefer). Life Bar is easier.

Note that difficulty is the same kind than SuckerPunch (though the game is easier): Hard difficulty is not shorter than Normal one, but it adds some really cool scenes to the game. In Normal mode, those scenes (more difficult to play) are skipped.

The bats for launching the game are in the bat reserve and the game is compatible with the new menu. As usual you will find some assets for your launcher in the Asset folder of the game.

TRON is based on the new 3.0 script. This script adds a lot of things (please read a few posts up for more details) and i converted all games to 3.0.

The link for updating is on first page too and should work on any previous version of the games, so don't hesitate to apply it in order to improve you gaming experience.

Also, i included a guide for designers which would like to convert their games to 3.0.

All the games on the Mega folder have been updated to 3.0 so you don't need to upgrade if you just downloaded a game. The tutorial and the blank file are also updated.

Have fun and tell me is there are any problems! I'm really curious to know if you like the game and the new Life Bar mode! I hope you do! 

fantastic, tks a lot Karis

Hi Karis.

I think there are some problems in load save option in the script 3.0.

For now I only tested to load a autosave slot.

The Game freeze.

And The CMD window game me this.

error executing function 'onoverlayupdate': tron/script/main.singe:5047: attempt to index a nil value (global 'scene')

3 hours ago, gig said:

error executing function 'onoverlayupdate': tron/script/main.singe:5047: attempt to index a nil value (global 'scene')

I have stumbled across this error in many of the older games, in the absence of fixing a check in Singe 2 itself, I usually add a fix to the LUA like so (forgive any teaching to suck eggs):

--- cdrom-setuplevel.singe.dist 2019-12-15 16:52:58.000000000 +0000
+++ cdrom-setuplevel.singe      2021-04-18 19:06:48.110166401 +0100
@@ -1059,8 +1059,14 @@

for k=1,totalMoves do

-               move[k][1] = move[k][1] + thisOffset
-               move[k][2] = move[k][2] + thisOffset
+               if move[k][1] ~= nil then 
+
+                       move[k][1] = move[k][1] + thisOffset
+               end 
+
+               if move[k][2] ~= nil then 
+                       move[k][2] = move[k][2] + thisOffset
+               end

if b1 then

Note: I don't have tron/script/main.singe to hand, so this is a generic fix above.

Annoyingly, I haven't figured how this null value occasionally slips through.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

On 29/10/2020 at 4:51 AM, Karis said:

If it does not solve a good first step is to reindex the file by clearing the index (located for each game in the index directory) and the restart.

so  the last time i used daphne was in 2012 i used Daphne loader which was almost all setup it was only 1680p at best-  is there a way to have atleast 1080p  through to 4k res . just before i dl this 'hypseus singe'  from a torrent - the guy put together some roms,  i had most of them anyway, but i was hoping to get a higher res .exe to start the games- i downloaded the singe 2 .exe but it looks like i had the 1080p DL_HD thingy so i could point to maybe atleast Lair and do 1080p that way, but do we have 4k res  daphne loader anywahere?

Capture.PNG

Il y a 4 heures, gig a dit :

Hi Karis.

The Game freeze.

Strange because i tested the save extensively,(and i tested load autosave for sure)  but i may have missed something or added a mistake :)

I will check and correct tomorrow.

il y a 8 minutes, Cool Coyote a dit :

so  the last time i used daphne was in 2012 i used Daphne loader which was almost all setup it was only 1680p at best-  is there a way to have atleast 1080p  through to 4k res . just before i dl this 'hypseus singe'  from a torrent - the guy put together some roms,  i had most of them anyway, but i was hoping to get a higher res .exe to start the games- i downloaded the singe 2 .exe but it looks like i had the 1080p DL_HD thingy so i could point to maybe atleast Lair and do 1080p that way, but do we have 4k res  daphne loader anywahere?

Capture.PNG

We're not really on Daphne here but you can find some 4K versions on the forum.

I'd like to add that 60 fps is not really recommended. Everybody is apparently happy but i noticed really weird artifacts in the backgrounds when it's moving fast (logical: half of the frames are created from nowhere).

Il y a 1 heure, xxOToTOxx a dit :

I have stumbled across this error in many of the older games, in the absence of fixing a check in Singe 2 itself, I usually add a fix to the LUA like so (forgive any teaching to suck eggs):

--- cdrom-setuplevel.singe.dist 2019-12-15 16:52:58.000000000 +0000
+++ cdrom-setuplevel.singe      2021-04-18 19:06:48.110166401 +0100
@@ -1059,8 +1059,14 @@

for k=1,totalMoves do

-               move[k][1] = move[k][1] + thisOffset
-               move[k][2] = move[k][2] + thisOffset
+               if move[k][1] ~= nil then 
+
+                       move[k][1] = move[k][1] + thisOffset
+               end 
+
+               if move[k][2] ~= nil then 
+                       move[k][2] = move[k][2] + thisOffset
+               end

if b1 then

Note: I don't have tron/script/main.singe to hand, so this is a generic fix above.

Annoyingly, I haven't figured how this null value occasionally slips through.

This fix won't do anything here unfortunately. It should not happen anymore.

This problem is a bit different. I'll try to fix. 

Il y a 12 heures, gig a dit :

Hi Karis.

The Game freeze.

So apparently there was a missing line somewhere (i don't know why: Gremlins)

You can try with this: https://mega.nz/file/xDpGHLDT#h9spy7oVXq7oXIifseFZMLcEusbUZFwGUQatmXYpnDE

It does replace the existing main.singe (works for all 3.0 games). Existing saves should work. I hope it does not add problems ;)

1 ora fa, Karis ha scritto:

So apparently there was a missing line somewhere (i don't know why: Gremlins)

You can try with this: https://mega.nz/file/xDpGHLDT#h9spy7oVXq7oXIifseFZMLcEusbUZFwGUQatmXYpnDE

It does replace the existing main.singe (works for all 3.0 games). Existing saves should work. I hope it does not add problems ;)

Quickly tested on Tron and On my own corversion to 3.0.

Loading a autosave slot seems ok now.

I'll do a deep test on saving and other slots too as soon as i can.

Thanks !

Modifié par gig

Hi karis.

As I said loading a autosave works.

But Seems Ican't do a manual save (all slots).

Please don't take these mine messages as a request, I don't want to be rude always pointing something that don't works.

Just to let you know...

You have done a GREAT work here And the script 3.0 is a great improvement for developers and for gamers too.

Thanks again.

Il 3/6/2021 Alle 18:50, Karis ha scritto:

Come al solito.bellissimo lavoro Karis Sei fantastico....due domande se possibile: 1)So potrebbe  fare TRON in full.screen senza barre orizzontali? 2) Pensi di fare in futuro CONAN RAGAZZO DEL FUTURO in alta risoluzione e ripulito come solo.tu sei capace? Grazie fin da adesso