Aller au contenu

[SINGE 2] New LD Engine + Games (3.32 update + DLIIe surprise)

Karis

Messages recommandés

Hey @Karis thanks so much for all your work on this! I don't suppose you'll be looking into Mad Dog 2 at some point? I've just got my Sinden light gun, and the hitboxes in Mad Dog 2 seem SUPER tiny and/or completely broken in places. Trying to hit the dynamite, skull, and sign at the beginning of the game seem WAY more difficult than it should be even on easy. Then there's guys at the town that I can rain with bullets and they just kill me anyway. Not sure what the issue is, maybe the game really was that difficult in the arcade, I don't honestly remember.

Anyway, keep up the great work!

On 4/12/2021 at 9:40 PM, Karis said:

This is the last option when you press the key 9.

Something like "overlay res". That's the very last option of the menu) It was added in version 2.21 of the program i think, so maybe you have an earlier version but that does not mean you have to redownload everything.

Just the content of any Script directory (any game except DL2e or Mad Dog) is ok (and maybe the game script as well, it depends on your version). All the games (except DL2e and Mad Dog) share the exact same code.  

If you want to know which version of the program you have,just open main.singe in the script directory with a notepad. It's written at the top. 

Hi Karis,

It was definitely the overlay resolution.  Put it on basic low or low and everything is perfect.

The new MDM HD looks wonderful!  I did notice that the video was falling behind a bit as apposed to the sound.  There is no resolution option for the overlay on this one?  Is there something else I can do via commandline?  I took the video file from the HD version and put it in the older version of MD.  Everything seems to be on queue, but the overlays are kinda jacked up and smaller.

Il y a 8 heures, o0achilles0o a dit :

Hey @Karis thanks so much for all your work on this! I don't suppose you'll be looking into Mad Dog 2 at some point? I've just got my Sinden light gun, and the hitboxes in Mad Dog 2 seem SUPER tiny and/or completely broken in places. Trying to hit the dynamite, skull, and sign at the beginning of the game seem WAY more difficult than it should be even on easy. Then there's guys at the town that I can rain with bullets and they just kill me anyway. Not sure what the issue is, maybe the game really was that difficult in the arcade, I don't honestly remember.

Anyway, keep up the great work!

Actually i've got a working HD version of Maddog 2, needs a bit more polishing.

But that's true, the arcade was really hard level. That said some hitboxes are weird, especially the skull, but that's difficult to correct.

il y a 59 minutes, niotanigami191 a dit :

Hi Karis,

It was definitely the overlay resolution.  Put it on basic low or low and everything is perfect.

That's good to know !

il y a 59 minutes, niotanigami191 a dit :

The new MDM HD looks wonderful!  I did notice that the video was falling behind a bit as apposed to the sound.  There is no resolution option for the overlay on this one?  Is there something else I can do via commandline?  I took the video file from the HD version and put it in the older version of MD.  Everything seems to be on queue, but the overlays are kinda jacked up and smaller.

It depends. basically we've got a loght sound problem with singe 2 but working on it.

I made no Low res, but i's easy to switch manually.

I can give you instructions if you want.

4 hours ago, Karis said:

That's good to know !

It depends. basically we've got a loght sound problem with singe 2 but working on it.

I made no Low res, but i's easy to switch manually.

I can give you instructions if you want.

Yes please.  Thanks man!

Also, on a side note:  I notice that Asterix is crashing the frontend menu when you scroll to it.  I've tried everything, must be something in the script I'm assuming.  Game works perfect via command line.

One more thing- I was thinking... I saw you did Suckerpunch.  Some of those Kill Bill movies have some pretty ridiculous fight scenes and would make for an awesome FMV game =)

Thanks again Karis

Modifié par niotanigami191
Adittional Information

Il y a 6 heures, niotanigami191 a dit :

Yes please.  Thanks man!

I will do this today.

It's not difficult but i prefer to check because precision of the hitboxes is needed.

Also, on a side note:  I notice that Asterix is crashing the frontend menu when you scroll to it.  I've tried everything, must be something in the script I'm assuming.  Game works perfect via command line.

Probably a version problem, cause it works here.

Try to download the last menu ?

One more thing- I was thinking... I saw you did Suckerpunch.  Some of those Kill Bill movies have some pretty ridiculous fight scenes and would make for an awesome FMV game =)

Thanks again Karis

That's true, I need to check it but i was not a big fan of the second movie.

On 10/30/2020 at 7:34 PM, maabus said:

Ok it is a sound driver issue. 

Anyone that gets fast video and garbled sound check your sound drivers.

Check if you have Realtek sound drivers. I changed my drivers to generic Windows High Def sound drivers and the video and sound is now working correctly. If someone has Realtek audio, and Singe is working please let me know what version your sound drivers are. 

On 4/12/2021 at 12:15 PM, Karis said:

For the driver you can use a generic driver instead of the realtek one (Generic Windows High Def sound driver).

I am new to Singe and I am having the same audio stuttering issue as many other people, but I don't have Realtek audio drivers.

I have an integrated audio card that works fine with any other software, including Daphne, but not Singe. My device manager shows no sign of Realtek stuff, under "Sound, video and game controllers" (showing hidden devices too, of course) I only see "High Definition Audio Device" and "NVIDIA High Definition Audio", both using non-Realtek up-to-date drivers. However, I also remember that this PC used to have some Realtek audio-related programs in the past when it was running Windows 7, but hasn't had them since I upgraded to Windows 10. I even searched through the registry settings but the only trace of something Realtek is related to a USB network adapter used in the past. What else could it be? :(:

I haven't had time to try more than 3 games so far, but I noticed that while Cliffhanger and Timegal stutter (and are also non-responsive to controls), instead Conan doesn't stutter. It looks like Conan is lower resolution, so perhaps someone was right to previously point out that stuttering might be also related to HD resolution, and not just audio.

I use exclusively either USB headsets or analog jack headphones with my PC (as I haven't had loudspeakers for a while), neither of them requires drivers, and stuttering happens with both. However, if I do NOT plug any of them, Singe doesn't even start i.e. it crashes immediately. Even with Conan (which otherwise doesn't stutter and plays fine with headphones) Singe crashes immediately. This bit sounds more like a Singe bug to me, that maybe cannot handle having no audio output device available.

It feels terrible to see all these awesome works of love done to the old lasergames, and not be able to appreciate them... am I stuck with low-resolution and bugged Daphne versions forever?

Modifié par ShimanoTottori

il y a 44 minutes, ShimanoTottori a dit :

I am new to Singe and I am having the same audio stuttering issue as many other people, but I don't have Realtek audio drivers.

I have an integrated audio card that works fine with any other software, including Daphne, but not Singe. My device manager shows no sign of Realtek stuff, under "Sound, video and game controllers" (showing hidden devices too, of course) I only see "High Definition Audio Device" and "NVIDIA High Definition Audio", both using non-Realtek up-to-date drivers. However, I also remember that this PC used to have some Realtek audio-related programs in the past when it was running Windows 7, but hasn't had them since I upgraded to Windows 10. I even searched through the registry settings but the only trace of something Realtek is related to a USB network adapter used in the past. What else could it be? :(:

I haven't had time to try more than 3 games so far, but I noticed that while Cliffhanger and Timegal stutter (and are also non-responsive to controls), instead Conan doesn't stutter. It looks like Conan is lower resolution, so perhaps someone was right to previously point out that stuttering might be also related to HD resolution, and not just audio.

I use exclusively either USB headsets or analog jack headphones with my PC (as I haven't had loudspeakers for a while), neither of them requires drivers, and stuttering happens with both. However, if I do NOT plug any of them, Singe doesn't even start i.e. it crashes immediately. Even with Conan (which otherwise doesn't stutter and plays fine with headphones) Singe crashes immediately. This bit sounds more like a Singe bug to me, that maybe cannot handle having no audio output device available.

It feels terrible to see all these awesome works of love done to the old lasergames, and not be able to appreciate them... am I stuck with low-resolution and bugged Daphne versions forever?

As we said there is stuttering and stuttering...

For most it seems that updating audio driver is enough to make it work.

For less powerful configurations (like core i3) HD could be an issue. In that case you can solve this by using the Lores Overlay. It is the last option in the menu (key 9). You can try to set it to Lo or Basic Lo and see what it does.

Please keep me updated.

Has anyone noticed random crashes with Singe after extended periods of play?  Got to the last level in Crime Patrol, died, and the emulator froze and eventually I had to end the process.  Was playing an Actionmax game exact same thing except the emulator just closed on its own.  

Modifié par rancid

il y a 33 minutes, rancid a dit :

Has anyone noticed random crashes with Singe after extended periods of play?  Got to the last level in Crime Patrol, died, and the emulator froze and eventually I had to end the process.  Was playing an Actionmax game exact same thing except the emulator just closed on its own.  

It is quite possible. I'm not familiar with those games, but anyway, the code is just LUA so it has to do with the exe unless it bugs everytime at the same time (in that case there is a coding issue).

If you experience such crashes again please report game and situation, maybe we'll find a bug somewhere.

Modifié par Karis

9 hours ago, Karis said:

As we said there is stuttering and stuttering...

For most it seems that updating audio driver is enough to make it work.

For less powerful configurations (like core i3) HD could be an issue. In that case you can solve this by using the Lores Overlay. It is the last option in the menu (key 9). You can try to set it to Lo or Basic Lo and see what it does.

Please keep me updated.

Thanks for chiming in.

Changing overlay doesn't seem to have any effect on either Cliffhanger or Timegal for me.

Indeed I do have an old processor AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 215 - 2.70 GHz in my PC. I also don't have any media codecs installed manually, but I did install NVIDIA HD Audio Driver 1.3.36.6 at some point (probably together with other GPU related installations).

I must note however, that playing the games HD videos in VLC player works flawlessly and playing HD games in Daphne rather than Singe (for example sirdrak's version of Space Ace from the thread linked below) doesn't seem to have stuttering or any other problem for me.

) 

Il y a 3 heures, ShimanoTottori a dit :

Thanks for chiming in.

Changing overlay doesn't seem to have any effect on either Cliffhanger or Timegal for me.

Indeed I do have an old processor AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 215 - 2.70 GHz in my PC. I also don't have any media codecs installed manually, but I did install NVIDIA HD Audio Driver 1.3.36.6 at some point (probably together with other GPU related installations).

I must note however, that playing the games HD videos in VLC player works flawlessly and playing HD games in Daphne rather than Singe (for example sirdrak's version of Space Ace from the thread linked below) doesn't seem to have stuttering or any other problem for me.

) 

I'm not really familiar with this processor. What is sure is that Singe is not optimized for a specific processor (maybe it will be in the future) and that some might be a problem.

Unfortunately, i'm not strong enough to work on this specific area. I just do some (easy) LUA script.

Maybe you can try the 480p versions to check if there is a problem too ?

11 hours ago, Karis said:

It is quite possible. I'm not familiar with those games, but anyway, the code is just LUA so it has to do with the exe unless it bugs everytime at the same time (in that case there is a coding issue).

If you experience such crashes again please report game and situation, maybe we'll find a bug somewhere.

Will do, it appears to be at different spots each time. Thanks Karis.

On 4/21/2021 at 1:05 PM, Karis said:

I'm not really familiar with this processor. What is sure is that Singe is not optimized for a specific processor (maybe it will be in the future) and that some might be a problem.

Unfortunately, i'm not strong enough to work on this specific area. I just do some (easy) LUA script.

Maybe you can try the 480p versions to check if there is a problem too ?

Yeah, I downloaded the 480p video and replaced the 1080p with it, and it works without stuttering. But then why do 1080p games work in Daphne? It seems the problem is only with Singe.

il y a 20 minutes, ShimanoTottori a dit :

Yeah, I downloaded the 480p video and replaced the 1080p with it, and it works without stuttering. But then why do 1080p games work in Daphne? It seems the problem is only with Singe.

It's really hard for me to answer this.

Probably because of structural differences. Daphne doesn't support everything (like openGL) and maybe skipping those is easier, just a guess.

We would need some experts to analyze the code. 

• 3 semaines après...
Il y a 10 heures, SteveDee1970 a dit :

Is there an easy way to make the games windowed fullscreen? 

my menu.bat config is - @start Singe-v2.00-Windows-x86_64.exe -k -w -d data -v Singe\menuBackground.mkv Singe\Menu.singe - and it still runs fullscreen!

-w is for fullscreen (windowed borderless). There is also -f for just fullscreen.

How would you like it to appear ?

You can for example replace -w with -x 1920 -y 1080

Modifié par Karis

Hiya!

This might help someone. For me, all the Singe 2 games had audio stuttering. Realtek issue? Quite possibly.. I put in a Sound Blaster AE-5 and scrubbed Realtek from my system. Still stuttering. Tried the Windows High Def Audio driver solution from above, and everything is groovy. I noticed that the generic driver forces you into stereo (no 5.1 surround), so I reinstalled the latest Creative drivers and changed audio settings to plain stereo (2 L/R Front speakers only) and now everything runs like a Swiss watch. 

If you have audio probs, maybe check your speaker setup? Singe 2 doesn't seem to get along with more than 2 speakers. (Not that it needs to)

Oh, and, while I'm about it. My profuse thanks to the gracious game creators who have made these amusements and shared them with us all. (And help with problems, too) You folks are, each of you, possessed of a generous nature. And that is no small thing.

Le 18/05/2021 à 08:33, Msincognito a dit :

Hiya!

This might help someone. For me, all the Singe 2 games had audio stuttering. Realtek issue? Quite possibly.. I put in a Sound Blaster AE-5 and scrubbed Realtek from my system. Still stuttering. Tried the Windows High Def Audio driver solution from above, and everything is groovy. I noticed that the generic driver forces you into stereo (no 5.1 surround), so I reinstalled the latest Creative drivers and changed audio settings to plain stereo (2 L/R Front speakers only) and now everything runs like a Swiss watch. 

If you have audio probs, maybe check your speaker setup? Singe 2 doesn't seem to get along with more than 2 speakers. (Not that it needs to)

Oh, and, while I'm about it. My profuse thanks to the gracious game creators who have made these amusements and shared them with us all. (And help with problems, too) You folks are, each of you, possessed of a generous nature. And that is no small thing.

Thanks for the tip! You probably nailed the problem. I will speak about this in the first post.

Modifié par Karis

Hi !

So more fun coming.

I've updated the program to 2.3. Among minor corrections there is a new (and fun) gaming mode: Life Bar.

The idea of this mode is to have a gameplay closer to regular videogames with hitpoints. So longer games like Sucker Punch will be easier to play.

Here is a short demo of the Life Bar mode applied on my future release (due in June):

tron.png

https://mega.nz/file/wGoHFIiT#JIKFRjU4SQvTp_ygkNhILk0xPaANO9yPON4Dg8viQ6w

As you can see, you've got a life bar (size can be defined), and for each error you lose some slots of life (this can be defined too). Also, for a serie of good moves you regain slots (and of course this can be defined too, or even cancelled). Of course, Normal and Percent Modes are still available.

As it's an easy conversion, i've put it on most of the games already (Asterix, Cliff, F&I, Mononoke, Sucker Punch, Timegal and Titan). The blank file and tutorial are updated too.

If you don't want to redownload everything, then you just need to grab the following file and paste them to the directory of each game:

https://mega.nz/folder/ICJk0TSQ#Eh7ST-CQVADjOTcaaLHmJA

Once updated, you can try the new mode on each game. Have fun and stay tuned for the release of TRON!

Modifié par Karis

Il y a 4 heures, mazinger4life a dit :

Karis parallelement a Tron est ce que il y a d'autres surprises en prepraration ;).

Pas vraiment. Enfin j'ai Mad Dog 2 Ă  finir aussi, mais globalement je me lance quand quelque chose me motive.

Tron sera très bien je pense. Les light cycles sont intenses !

Modifié par Karis

Thank you everyone for working on this great project. I have always been passionate about American Lasergames.

Unfortunately I can not get them

to run on MacOs. The singe executable does create a singe folder containing the necessary files, but I can not even manage to start the menu.sh (which is a Mac .bat). The menu.sh is created one level above the singe folder. I hope somebody who has figured this out can help.

22 ore fa, Karis ha scritto:

As it's an easy conversion, i've put it on most of the games already (Asterix, Cliff, F&I, Mononoke, Sucker Punch, Timegal and Titan). The blank file and tutorial are updated too.

If you don't want to redownload everything, then you just need to grab the following file and paste them to the directory of each game:

https://mega.nz/folder/ICJk0TSQ#Eh7ST-CQVADjOTcaaLHmJA

Once updated, you can try the new mode on each game. Have fun and stay tuned for the release of TRON!

I made the changes to the files, but I got this message:

357:soundLoad:  Mix_LoadWAV_RW with NULL src
Loader failed with an unknown exit code : 1.

il y a 33 minutes, shift a dit :

I made the changes to the files, but I got this message:

357:soundLoad:  Mix_LoadWAV_RW with NULL src
Loader failed with an unknown exit code : 1.

That's strange cause i've tried the upgrade on all my games and it worked. On top of this there is no mod about sound. Which game ? 

Il y a 9 heures, Sixty a dit :

Thank you everyone for working on this great project. I have always been passionate about American Lasergames.

Unfortunately I can not get them

to run on MacOs. The singe executable does create a singe folder containing the necessary files, but I can not even manage to start the menu.sh (which is a Mac .bat). The menu.sh is created one level above the singe folder. I hope somebody who has figured this out can help.

I which i knew how to do it but got no Mac: I can only quote Scott about this. It's not really clear but maybe it'll speak to you or someone:

It's not very Mac-like. It's command line based like Windows.

From a command prompt, it's like UNIX - you need to prefix it with the directory. So, for example: ./Singe

Then it will create shell scripts to start it with the menu just like on Windows.

20 minuti fa, Karis ha scritto:

That's strange cause i've tried the upgrade on all my games and it worked. On top of this there is no mod about sound. Which game ? 

I tried on both Asterix and Cliff Hanger, same error.

il y a 7 minutes, ViRuS-MaN a dit :

j aime bien les icones des jeux en premier topic et je voudrais savoir s il existe aussi pour Super Don Quixote et  Esh merci d avance

Euh tu veux dire les boites de jeux ?

Si c'est le cas oui. Il faut chercher dans la section menu du premier post et tu trouveras un lien vers toutes les boites de jeu.

il y a 3 minutes, shift a dit :

I tried on both Asterix and Cliff Hanger, same error.

And do you know on which version you were ? Normaly it's on cliff.singe and Asterix.singe, first lines