Aller au contenu

[SINGE 2] New LD Engine + Games (3.32 update + DLIIe surprise)

Karis

Messages recommandés

the program seem to mess with controls.cfg

i edited it

if i change 

GAMEPAD_0

with 

GAMEPAD_1

seems to work

but it's strange because if i start the game with the bat file

the gamepad_0 version works

That said, no problem for me.

Thanks

il y a 7 minutes, gig a dit :

the program seem to mess with controls.cfg

i edited it

if i change 

GAMEPAD_0

with 

GAMEPAD_1

seems to work

but it's strange because if i start the game with the bat file

the gamepad_0 version works

That said, no problem for me.

Thanks

Good.

You know Windows (even the most recent versions) is quite weird in attributing numbers to controllers.

Personnally for my arcade, i use a small dll to fix this order definitely. Otherwise, it's just the mess...

maddog.png

So that's it, Mad Dog HD is online. Please check on the first page.

The bats are in the singe directory and the game is also launchable with the menu.

It's not a simple HD port, a lot of corrections were made and a few things added.

- Dynamic hits (you'll see when you'll be shot at)

- New targets that were on the original but not on the ports (guy on the roof at the saloon, guy at the door of the Sheriff Office). Thanks to Poiu.

- Music for the directions levels.

- New UI

- Possibility to start at part 2 (after the town).

The game is really smooth and plays flawlessly from the beginning to the end (some previous versions were not).

This is not a straight port so things may be different (management of the bullets, position of the score) when i estimated it was better this way.

As usual, tell me if you find any problem. I finished the game once again just before uploading, but there's a lot of code so bugs might be discovered.

I also ported those various changes to the 720*480 version (better image too) so tell me if you're interested.

Modifié par Karis

8 ore fa, Karis ha scritto:

I also ported those various changes to the 720*480 version (better image too) so tell me if you're interested.

Will be fine This Re edited version too.

For gamers with no high end pc.

2 minuti fa, Karis ha scritto:

All the bats are in the bat reserve (in the singe directory)

ok thanks...i hope you will realizein hd version games as  CONAN   DAITARN  ESH   DON QUIXOTE

il y a 28 minutes, mazinger4life a dit :

Hey Karis as tu encore la version 480p pour ton superbe frontend(le lien est mort) et aussi j'ai remarqué le jeu badlands? dans la liste et magnifique boulot pour mad dog hd,esperons un jour Road Avenger et Cobra Command sera bientot de la partie :rolleyes:.

Pas vraiment (j'ai fait plein de mises à jour sur l'autre et elles ont non reportées) mais je me demande dans quelle mesure celui ci ne fonctionne pas avec le paramètre -w

Tu peux essayer ? 

Sinon j'ai sûrement moyen de refaire. quelle résolution serait idéale ?

Le 06/04/2021 à 18:27, mazinger4life a dit :

Hey Karis as tu encore la version 480p pour ton superbe frontend(le lien est mort) et aussi j'ai remarqué le jeu badlands? dans la liste et magnifique boulot pour mad dog hd,esperons un jour Road Avenger et Cobra Command sera bientot de la partie :rolleyes:.

Answer in english for english speakers.

Done! I updated the menu for 4/3 (same link works for both versions).

There are just new bats, new menu.singe and an additional video (arcade43.mp4)

Of course the layout is a bit different to fit everything in the page, but it works well.

for brain dead 13, i was able to extract the video file from cdi version.

If a good coder is interested i can send it .

I'm not as good  to code this game.

Hello.  I'm new to this forum, not new to working with all this in Daphne.  

First, just want to extend a huge thank you for all the work you and whomever else is involved.  It's great to see these long dead arcade games come back to life with such amazing quality.  Way better than any orginals we THINK were top quality back then... but really weren't.  

My only question and I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere...

I'd like to use the videos/games to upgrade what I have in lr-Singe/Daphne via my Retropie build.  How do I get the framefiles for all these games?  And of course the workable ROMs for each, especailly the Fan Made games.

I'm pulling down Dragon's Lair 2 Enhanced and already downloaded "Goal to Go"... but without the associated files above, they're useless as far as I know.

Thank you... and again... sorry for the noob question... I'm a long-time and proficient Retropie user but new to this aspect.

best,

JR

Modifié par Jamrom2

Il y a 3 heures, Jamrom2 a dit :

First, just want to extend a huge thank you for all the work you and whomever else is involved.  It's great to see these long dead arcade games come back to life with such amazing quality.  Way better than any orginals we THINK were top quality back then... but really weren't.  

I'd like to use the videos/games to upgrade what I have in lr-Singe/Daphne via my Retropie build.  How do I get the framefiles for all these games?  And of course the workable ROMs for each, especailly the Fan Made games.

I'm pulling down Dragon's Lair 2 Enhanced and already downloaded "Goal to Go"... but without the associated files above, they're useless as far as I know.

Thank you... and again... sorry for the noob question... I'm a long-time and proficient Retropie user but new to this aspect.

best,

JR

Thank you.

For most games, it will be complicated/impossible.

For example games like Cliff Hanger have their resolution fixed by the rom file. So it's impossible to use a different resolution than the native one.

The only games that are not concerned (i think) are the DL trilogy. For those games you can easily find some HD videos compatible (but 1080p can be tricky on Pi)

Another (best) solution if you want to use all those games like they are (with additional features for most of them), is to use the singe build for linux (you can find it on the singe page).

I can't help you with command lines and everything cause i'm a PC user, but i know it works (with something similar to a bat file, but for linux).

If you manage to do it, please come here to explain a bit for all users.

Modifié par Karis

1 hour ago, Karis said:

Thank you.

For most games, it will be complicated/impossible.

For example games like Cliff Hanger have their resolution fixed by the rom file. So it's impossible to use a different resolution than the native one.

The only games that are not concerned (i think) are the DL trilogy. For those games you can easily find some HD videos compatible (but 1080p can be tricky on Pi)

Another (best) solution if you want to use all those games like they are (with additional features for most of them), is to use the singe build for linux (you can find it on the singe page).

I can't help you with command lines and everything cause i'm a PC user, but i know it works (with something similar to a bat file, but for linux).

If you manage to do it, please come here to explain a bit for all users.

Thank you for the fast reply.

I see the issue.  Because Retropie requires the use of not only the correct ROM for the game, but the framefile, and like you said, it might be difficult without it.  But I have faith that someone will be able to figure out the workings and get it going.  Unfortunately, it's not me.  LOL.

Il y a 11 heures, Jamrom2 a dit :

Thank you for the fast reply.

I see the issue.  Because Retropie requires the use of not only the correct ROM for the game, but the framefile, and like you said, it might be difficult without it.  But I have faith that someone will be able to figure out the workings and get it going.  Unfortunately, it's not me.  LOL.

It's not really a framefile issue.

Framefile is generally a very simple file indicating where the LD starts (or where are the tracks in terms of frames). Easy to replicate.

But the rom IS the game. The singe script is in fact a replacement for the rom. And the rom dictates many things like the resolution of the video in many cases. And it's hard coded so impossible to change.

Ciao Karis/ALL

i use attract mode frontend for play Singe2 and other emulator.

For the last version i use ths string to start your different version game : 

String1 
Start Singe.exe -k -w -z -v [name]\script -v [name]\video\[name].mp4 -w [name]\Script\[name].singe

String2
Start Singe.exe -k -w -z -v [name]\index -v [name]\movie\[name].mp4 -w [name]\[name].singe

But now this trings don't start because you have changed anythings some code in new version singe file.

Tks a lot guys

Il y a 7 heures, snupello a dit :

Ciao Karis/ALL

i use attract mode frontend for play Singe2 and other emulator.

For the last version i use ths string to start your different version game : 

String1 
Start Singe.exe -k -w -z -v [name]\script -v [name]\video\[name].mp4 -w [name]\Script\[name].singe

String2
Start Singe.exe -k -w -z -v [name]\index -v [name]\movie\[name].mp4 -w [name]\[name].singe

But now this trings don't start because you have changed anythings some code in new version singe file.

Tks a lot guys

Hello Snupello,

No nothing has changed.

That said your command line is strange it should be something like: 

Start Singe.exe -k -w -z -d [name]\index -v [name]\movie\[name].mp4 -w [name]\[name].singe

You've got 2 -v instead of -d and -v

Also note that you could probably use a single command line by putting the singe script always in the Script Directory.

I put mine outside for designers, as it's the only file that needs to be changed.

Modifié par Karis

Il y a 2 heures, gig a dit :

hi karis.

can you explain how to use the dll devreorder in singe please?

In Singe ? Why ?

In fact for my arcade i just used devreorder once for all (at the PC level, not the game level).

It's better this way, you just know that, from now, stick 1 will always be numbered 1 by windows and so on...

3 minuti fa, Karis ha scritto:

In Singe ? Why ?

In fact for my arcade i just used devreorder once for all (at the PC level, not the game level).

It's better this way, you just know that, from now, stick 1 will always be numbered 1 by windows and so on...

Well, I tought it could be possible to put the files inside the directory where singe.exe is 

without messing with the rest.

I followed the guide in the readme.md

but looks tha the games fail to recognize my controllers.

Nevermind, can live without it, was only for testing.

Thanks karis

On 09/04/2021 at 1:17 PM, Jamrom2 said:

best,

JR

Hi @Jamrom2

If you're looking at RetroPie, checkout this new Daphne/Singe drop-in:  https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe/blob/master/src/3rdparty/retropie/RETROPIE.md

http://www.emuline.org/topic/2301-arcade-pc-hypseus-singe-daphnesinge-sdl2-replacement-dragons-lair-space-ace/

https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

On 3/19/2021 at 8:41 PM, Karis said:

Exactly. Updating Realtek audio driver or changing them for a generic driver will normally solve the thing.

I've noticed some strange things as well, but only with the 1080P versions for Singe2 (Cliffy, Fire & Ice, etc)

Everything plays fine, except that the video is slightly slower than the audio, and I can see the program trying to make it catch up at times.  It is playable, but the moves can be off at times.  I've tried re-indexing the mp4 files, re-downloading the whole game, etc.  Certain parts of the game get bad- to the point the video is almost frozen for a couple seconds. 

It also has the audio stuttering problem.  I'm using win10, 6g ram. Intel I3.  I've tried downloading an updated driver for the onboard audio (2-speaker HD audio device).  Says I have the most current driver.  Every other game plays fine on singe2, it's just the 1080p versions....

Any suggestions?

I will also try on my I7 rig as well and see if the problem is still there tomorrow.

Thanks for all of your hard work in preserving these games and memories!

13 ore fa, Karis ha scritto:

Ciao Snupello,

No, non è cambiato niente.

Detto questo, la tua riga di comando è strana, dovrebbe essere qualcosa del tipo: 

Avvia Singe.exe -k -w -z -d [nome] \ index -v [nome] \ film \ [nome] .mp4 -w [nome] \ [nome] .singe

Hai 2 -v invece di -d e -v

Nota anche che potresti probabilmente usare una singola riga di comando inserendo lo script singolo sempre nella directory degli script.

Ho messo il mio all'esterno per i designer, poiché è l'unico file che deve essere modificato.

i will try your solution, thanks so much

Il y a 3 heures, niotanigami191 a dit :

I've noticed some strange things as well, but only with the 1080P versions for Singe2 (Cliffy, Fire & Ice, etc)

Everything plays fine, except that the video is slightly slower than the audio, and I can see the program trying to make it catch up at times.  It is playable, but the moves can be off at times.  I've tried re-indexing the mp4 files, re-downloading the whole game, etc.  Certain parts of the game get bad- to the point the video is almost frozen for a couple seconds. 

It also has the audio stuttering problem.  I'm using win10, 6g ram. Intel I3.  I've tried downloading an updated driver for the onboard audio (2-speaker HD audio device).  Says I have the most current driver.  Every other game plays fine on singe2, it's just the 1080p versions....

Any suggestions?

I will also try on my I7 rig as well and see if the problem is still there tomorrow.

Thanks for all of your hard work in preserving these games and memories!

For the driver you can use a generic driver instead of the realtek one (Generic Windows High Def sound driver).

For performances (program trying to catch up), you might try to lower the charge by using a low res  or a basic overlay. You've got this option in the menu (last option i think you can choose Hi/Lo/Basic Hi/Basic Lo).

Lo res does use half the resolution fo the overlay, Basic puts less things on screen, just the moves, score and lifes being shown in betwwen (i like this option cause it's pure) and of couse the combination of 2 (Basic Lo) is the less demanding.

On a core i3 6G  it might help, cause HD vid + overlay is a lot of ressources. Try it and tell me, i'm curious.

But of course audio stuttering might be the main issue.

Modifié par Karis

21 ore fa, Karis ha scritto:

Hello Snupello,

No nothing has changed.

That said your command line is strange it should be something like: 

Start Singe.exe -k -w -z -d [name]\index -v [name]\movie\[name].mp4 -w [name]\[name].singe

You've got 2 -v instead of -d and -v

Also note that you could probably use a single command line by putting the singe script always in the Script Directory.

I put mine outside for designers, as it's the only file that needs to be changed.

I understood the "problem"; unfortunately, to run games from command string with attract mode, files and file calls must all be called in the same way. In the cfg files there was the maddog entry and in others the maddog_singe entry or similar. To start it from attract mode I have to rename all the files with the name of the folder where, so I renamed the folder and the various file references all in maddog

15 hours ago, Karis said:

For the driver you can use a generic driver instead of the realtek one (Generic Windows High Def sound driver).

For performances (program trying to catch up), you might try to lower the charge by using a low res  or a basic overlay. You've got this option in the menu (last option i think you can choose Hi/Lo/Basic Hi/Basic Lo).

Lo res does use half the resolution fo the overlay, Basic puts less things on screen, just the moves, score and lifes being shown in betwwen (i like this option cause it's pure) and of couse the combination of 2 (Basic Lo) is the less demanding.

On a core i3 6G  it might help, cause HD vid + overlay is a lot of ressources. Try it and tell me, i'm curious.

But of course audio stuttering might be the main issue.

I will be replacing the audio driver with a generic one.  These overlay menus you speak of- how do you access them?  When I press 9 it gives me a lot of options, but none that you spoke of.  Any particular key that I need to press to access these?

Thanks again Karis!

Il y a 11 heures, niotanigami191 a dit :

I will be replacing the audio driver with a generic one.  These overlay menus you speak of- how do you access them?  When I press 9 it gives me a lot of options, but none that you spoke of.  Any particular key that I need to press to access these?

Thanks again Karis!

This is the last option when you press the key 9.

Something like "overlay res". That's the very last option of the menu) It was added in version 2.21 of the program i think, so maybe you have an earlier version but that does not mean you have to redownload everything.

Just the content of any Script directory (any game except DL2e or Mad Dog) is ok (and maybe the game script as well, it depends on your version). All the games (except DL2e and Mad Dog) share the exact same code.  

If you want to know which version of the program you have,just open main.singe in the script directory with a notepad. It's written at the top. 

Modifié par Karis

Karis, one question, on the official kangaroopunch page there are versions of your games like Cliff, Fire and ice, Timegal and Tita AE, what are the differences between these versions and those available in Emuline. Thanks, a greeting friend.
Modifié par josepijolo

Il y a 7 heures, josepijolo a dit :

Karis, one question, on the official kangaroopunch page there are versions of your games like Cliff, Fire and ice, Timegal and Tita AE, what are the differences between these versions and those available in Emuline. Thanks, a greeting friend.

On Kangaroo are the original versions, like 2.0

On Emuline you can find updated versions. I added small things (we're around 2.22 now) and generally upgraded all the games with them.

So it's better to take them from here.