Aller au contenu

[SINGE 2] New LD Engine + Games (3.32 update + DLIIe surprise)

Karis

Messages recommandés

il y a 25 minutes, Niola a dit :

Do you know what happens to your games when a user changes options (eample difficulty) and then continues from a saved game? If you have never thought about it, I advise you to test.

Ni i don't know and last time i tested it i think it was normal.

If you've got a bug to signal, please do it.

il y a 51 minutes, Niola a dit :

No bugs but one thing that I just thought, maybe a pc is used by two people.

Normally, difficulty is saved. And when you restart a save, the difficulty of the save is applied.

Le 15/03/2021 à 14:24, Niola a dit :

I tried the new MENU. The 480 is horrible because it is cut on the right. I don't understand why you do either the FULL HD or the 640x480. The old DVD has a larger format.

The 1080p menu: Error: Specified resolution is larger than the display.
My display is 1280x1024 however the games work and the video adjusts to the maximum resolution of my monitor.

By the way, For 1280 x 1024 could you try to modify the bat by replacing -x 1920 -y 1080 with -x 1280 -y 1024.

Normally it should work.

Il y a 2 heures, Striderx99 a dit :

I was able to download the 480p version of the Fire and Ice movie file. The narration at the beginning ran without slowing down. I may do the same for other games on here. Thanks again for your help Karis.

Great.

If at somepoint you want a better qualiy, you can still take the HD 4/3 and convert it to 1024x768 (i think it's your resolution).

In that case, i suggest you use the overlay of the 480p version.

As some people are sometimes struggling with the bat files, i uploaded my whole collection of files.

There are 32 Singe games, both in fullscreen and windowed (will try to update with future release). Just notice that my singe exe is named singe.exe instead of the complicated name.

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/0XQwAbxa#756YSCWfNAcWfnAMDHEl9w 

il y a 11 minutes, grifter a dit :

I used the Singe from op, but everytime i run that i have a error in cmd that the script could not be found...

Which game ?

I did all the bats with the "official version" of all releases and tested them all. 

Modifié par Karis

Il 17/3/2021 Alle 05:51, Striderx99 ha scritto:

I was able to download the 480p version of the Fire and Ice movie file. The narration at the beginning ran without slowing down. I may do the same for other games on here. Thanks again for your help Karis.

This version is very light for the pc. I enlarged it to 1280x1024 and it is seen in optimal hands, thanks to the very high quality of the video source. Unfortunately the video is cut.

Il 16/3/2021 Alle 20:12, Karis ha scritto:

Normally, difficulty is saved. And when you restart a save, the difficulty of the save is applied.

Difficulty is only a example. The options that can be changed are varied.

Il y a 5 heures, Niola a dit :

This version is very light for the pc. I enlarged it to 1280x1024 and it is seen in optimal hands, thanks to the very high quality of the video source. Unfortunately the video is cut.

Difficulty is only a example. The options that can be changed are varied.

What would be the optimal format for you ? Be cause i think if you take the 1080p version and launch it in 1280*1024 you will have no cut (but a black bar up and down). 

Modifié par Karis

What some users said happens to me, the videos are fast, like accelerated, but when played with an external player they work without problems.

I am with Windows 10 x64, tested with the 2 versions x86 and x64, but nothing, even the video of the intro of the menu works badly.

Any solution?

I tried even uninstalling K-Lite, but nothing, it plays badly.

Thanks.

Hi Karis how are you?

I have a question for you of Daphne Singe if you can help me.

I try configure the cfg archive and all good but i have a problem with the directional actions, 

with keyboard works well but my joystick arcade not respond at directional actions up, down, left and right.

I don't understand it beacause i use joytokey and i have configurated the directional actions without any problems

What i do wrong?

Thank you so much Karis,

Regards.

19 ore fa, Karis ha scritto:

What would be the optimal format for you ? Be cause i think if you take the 1080p version and launch it in 1280*1024 you will have no cut (but a black bar up and down). 

With my pc I see all the versions well, rightly with the black bars. Mine is yet another criticism of this absurd 480p with cut video.

15 ore fa, ToniBC ha scritto:

What some users said happens to me, the videos are fast, like accelerated, but when played with an external player they work without problems.

They are two different things. To view the video the PC has to work very little. When you see the video in the game, the pc has to keep in memory and process the operations of the emulator. In theory a few things but in practice this amateur emulator is a brick (of heaviness).

Unfortunately it also happens with professional sites, which display only text and little else, but they are badly done and if your PC does many things together, the consultation is problematic. And similar sites with images are all fluid, because they are made with other technology.

I keep the cpu of my pc under the official minimum and it does almost everything perfectly. With the emulator I have to raise the frequency a lot. I did various tests and I played Conan "well", with the video, the arrows and ACTION and I hit right. But the audio was ahead of the video.

Invité F.U.W.W.
1 hour ago, Niola said:

With my pc I see all the versions well, rightly with the black bars. Mine is yet another criticism of this absurd 480p with cut video.

They are two different things. To view the video the PC has to work very little. When you see the video in the game, the pc has to keep in memory and process the operations of the emulator. In theory a few things but in practice this amateur emulator is a brick (of heaviness).

Unfortunately it also happens with professional sites, which display only text and little else, but they are badly done and if your PC does many things together, the consultation is problematic. And similar sites with images are all fluid, because they are made with other technology.

I keep the cpu of my pc under the official minimum and it does almost everything perfectly. With the emulator I have to raise the frequency a lot. I did various tests and I played Conan "well", with the video, the arrows and ACTION and I hit right. But the audio was ahead of the video.

Why the hell are you using it then if all you are going to do is bash it and bitch about it???

Il y a 5 heures, maabus a dit :

Check if you have Realtek audio drivers. There is an issue with Realtek. 

Exactly. Updating Realtek audio driver or changing them for a generic driver will normally solve the thing.

MY ENGLISH IS NOT MY LANGUAGE. I HOPE THAT I IS UNDERSTANDABLE.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

STANDARD, this means that all things are done the same way.
Karis arranges .singe files in her games in certain folders, Poiu in others. I have already written to you that you authors should agree on the names of the files and where they should be placed, where you think is best. A person wants to make a fan game and he studies how the older were made, he watches a game and then he looks at another and finds discrepancy. So it is more complicated to learn.

You implement the very latest version of the scripts as they come out. This is one way to have more problems.
People are many different and many different computer systems. A dynamic library (example) required or many other things, which may have problems with one version of a script or another version. You have to decide which version is good for making amateur games and you should use that for years. You are not a capitalist who always wants to sell the latest technology. There are forums that update vBulletin, for example, as soon as the latest version comes out, and forums that have been using the same for years. When something is good and works, it works well even when it's officially old and no longer supported.

I have two PCs and I can run both versions of Singe. But, repeat, there are so many different people in the "internet" community. People who use old PCs for fun, or to play old games. Singe 2 is not commercial software from a company that doesn't care about old PCs. You are enthusiasts, and as such you should "worry" about running the emulator in multiple different version of operating systems. I've asked you and Scott for more and in my opinion none of you three know the Singe 2 minimum requirements.

You should pay more attention to what you do. Thanks to you I finally started playing lasergames. And before coming to this forum, or rather to say the two discussions "game lists", I read about many people asking, how does it work? Why doesn't the software start? And I still keep reading this.

A game loads on mega, "you put it in the emulator folder and you play". And then they doesn't work.
I spent a month downloading and fixing and customizing the games so that they work and they can be placed in any folder.
My upload is only 400 Kbit/s. Otherwise I would upload the versions modified by me to the Internet.

A little more attention please. In the archive Don-Quixote.zip there are two games, the first with the 300 MB mp4 video.
In another, I don't remember which one, there are two copies of the same video. 8 GB to download instead of 4 GB.
In The Last Bounty Hunter after the countdown to continue the emulator closes. Because in a .singe file there is a specific address from where it gets the files, instead of the other .singe files of the same game where a "generic" address is written.

Not one but countless superficial but important errors.

COPYRIGHT I advise you to eliminate the "MOVIE MODE (no play). The film is not complete, but if the companies that own the copyrights become aware of the fan games, you would probably bother them less if the emulator cannot be used as a video player.

I would happily enjoy making a fan game, but I have too much mercury in my brain to do it. I really suck to play at lasergames, which are all simple (arrows and action), as in all my life as a player (and not only). In the video game chart as a child, I couldn't always write "NIC" in the ten seconds of time. Then I switched from NIC to ABC, simler.

I thank you again, and only thanks to you that I can finally play lasergame. But you commit yourself to do better. These are just few SMALL changes, of mentality and substance.

Modifié par Niola

il y a 54 minutes, Niola a dit :

MY ENGLISH IS NOT MY LANGUAGE. I HOPE THAT I IS UNDERSTANDABLE.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

STANDARD, this means that all things are done the same way.
Karis arranges .singe files in her games in certain folders, Poiu in others. I have already written to you that you authors should agree on the names of the files and where they should be placed, where you think is best. A person wants to make a fan game and he studies how the older were made, he watches a game and then he looks at another and finds discrepancy. So it is more complicated to learn.

Not really. First if you just want to play, place of the files are not a problem. Second if you want to make a game, then you use the Blank file which is made accordingly to the tutorial. So there is no surprise at all.

You implement the very latest version of the scripts as they come out. This is one way to have more problems.
People are many different and many different computer systems. A dynamic library (example) required or many other things, which may have problems with one version of a script or another version. You have to decide which version is good for making amateur games and you should use that for years. You are not a capitalist who always wants to sell the latest technology. There are forums that update vBulletin, for example, as soon as the latest version comes out, and forums that have been using the same for years. When something is good and works, it works well even when it's officially old and no longer supported.

I have two PCs and I can run both versions of Singe. But, repeat, there are so many different people in the "internet" community. People who use old PCs for fun, or to play old games. Singe 2 is not commercial software from a company that doesn't care about old PCs. You are enthusiasts, and as such you should "worry" about running the emulator in multiple different version of operating systems. I've asked you and Scott for more and in my opinion none of you three know the Singe 2 minimum requirements.

This is not clear. Script is stable since december. The only changes are minor (bug corrections) or not supposed to affect performance down (actually they were made to improve performance).

Note that if it works for you then you're not obligated to upgrade as i always mention when i propose an update (in the last one i even explained who needed not to upgrade).

You should pay more attention to what you do. Thanks to you I finally started playing lasergames. And before coming to this forum, or rather to say the two discussions "game lists", I read about many people asking, how does it work? Why doesn't the software start? And I still keep reading this.

A game loads on mega, "you put it in the emulator folder and you play". And then they doesn't work.
I spent a month downloading and fixing and customizing the games so that they work and they can be placed in any folder.
My upload is only 400 Kbit/s. Otherwise I would upload the versions modified by me to the Internet.

This bold title is not very polite but i will put this on the fact that english is not your native language.

I put A LOT of attention and spend A LOT of time here to answer questions. Even when people are not really polite.

For most people, downloading the Singe files, then the games just work. The main problem is due to the Realtek drivers.

Recently, i even added some bat files of other games than mine just to help. So i think i've got A LOT of attention. 

A little more attention please. In the archive Don-Quixote.zip there are two games, the first with the 300 MB mp4 video.
In another, I don't remember which one, there are two copies of the same video. 8 GB to download instead of 4 GB.
In The Last Bounty Hunter after the countdown to continue the emulator closes. Because in a .singe file there is a specific address from where it gets the files, instead of the other .singe files of the same game where a "generic" address is written.

These are Poiu games, I will let him answer if he wants.

But like he sais, this is not a job for us but a hobby. We try to do it well but it's free for everyone.

COPYRIGHT I advise you to eliminate the "MOVIE MODE (no play). The film is not complete, but if the companies that own the copyrights become aware of the fan games, you would probably bother them less if the emulator cannot be used as a video player.

Well i think anyway if they are aware of it they won't be simply bothered by the movie mode but by the whole thing.

This is a shame because i think what we do is more a promotion to the movie than anything else. For example i'd love people to want to see Fire and Ice after playing it because we show only the surface, many more scenes inside.

I thank you again, and only thanks to you that I can finally play lasergame. But you commit yourself to do better. These are just few SMALL changes, of mentality and substance.

It's your opinion i don't know if it's massively shared.

1 ora fa, Niola ha scritto:

You can fix all the errors and upload them to mega, no problem.
Another important thing, you didn't mention that you want to use singe 2 in a PC with windows 2000.

P:S. do not write me in PM with requests, I have other projects

Hello,

frontendnew.jpg

So here is a more advanced frontend (with special thanks to aztha).

Marquee and video are integrated better and options to tweak.

First in stepped back from launching scripts for several reasons (memory being the main one). Of course launching the games with regular bat files is still possible.

If you plan to launch the games fullscreen then use menu.bat. If you plan to launch the games in windowed mode, then use menu_window.bat (you can still edit this particular bat to your actual window size by changing -x and -y parameters).

Note that if you've got a not so regular resolution, the best way is always to launch fullscreen.

I've also updated the tutorial for developpers who want to integrate their game to the menu. It's quite easy with the file games.dat (i've added it to the blank profile).

You can, for example, change the color of the arcade (7 colors available), or add a gun to the view (by defining the genre to SHOOTER).

If you want to see a video of the menu in action please check this link:

https://mega.nz/file/ECRRhCAD#hu1rXZDNEmUNFwQQUjtXpWqvYdXtUI9tY1LMDDflXw8

If you want to download and install please use this link and put the content in the singe directory (it will update all the marquees and box to the new format):

https://mega.nz/folder/gXByQbTJ#qRL1LbiiPsAklX4B2r1a8Q

All of the 33 "official" games are there and can be launched (i've tested them all. Of course if you don't have a game, you still need to download it).

If you don't want all the games you can still remove the directories you don't want and they won't appear in the menu anymore. 

Enjoy, and please report any bug.

Modifié par Karis

20 hours ago, Karis said:

Hello,

frontendnew.jpg

So here is a more advanced frontend (with special thanks to aztha).

Marquee and video are integrated better and options to tweak.

First in stepped back from launching scripts for several reasons (memory being the main one). Of course launching the games with regular bat files is still possible.

If you plan to launch the games fullscreen then use menu.bat. If you plan to launch the games in windowed mode, then use menu_window.bat (you can still edit this particular bat to your actual window size by changing -x and -y parameters).

Note that if you've got a not so regular resolution, the best way is always to launch fullscreen.

I've also updated the tutorial for developpers who want to integrate their game to the menu. It's quite easy with the file games.dat (i've added it to the blank profile).

You can, for example, change the color of the arcade (7 colors available), or add a gun to the view (by defining the genre to SHOOTER).

If you want to see a video of the menu in action please check this link:

https://mega.nz/file/ECRRhCAD#hu1rXZDNEmUNFwQQUjtXpWqvYdXtUI9tY1LMDDflXw8

If you want to download and install please use this link and put the content in the singe directory (it will update all the marquees and box to the new format):

https://mega.nz/folder/gXByQbTJ#qRL1LbiiPsAklX4B2r1a8Q

All of the 33 "official" games are there and can be launched (i've tested them all. Of course if you don't have a game, you still need to download it).

If you don't want all the games you can still remove the directories you don't want and they won't appear in the menu anymore. 

Enjoy, and please report any bug.

You have a great collection of games but why don't you have Space Ace?

Does anyone know why Space Ace 2 "Borf's Revenge" has never been supported?

Oddly enough they made Dos, Amiga, Atari, and Mac versions.

It seems as though there is no laser disc ports. I remember playing it in the arcade back in the day. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/KBDwAAU

il y a 52 minutes, Adoreable a dit :

You have a great collection of games but why don't you have Space Ace?

Because no one ported it.

Also it is available for Daphne so it's not the most useful port.

il y a 52 minutes, Adoreable a dit :

Does anyone know why Space Ace 2 "Borf's Revenge" has never been supported?

Oddly enough they made Dos, Amiga, Atari, and Mac versions.

It seems as though there is no laser disc ports. I remember playing it in the arcade back in the day. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/KBDwAAU

Space Ace 2 is not drawn material. It's pixels. So there never was a Space Ace 2 Laserdisc.

Il 2/12/2020 Alle 21:54, Karis ha scritto:

C'est un plaisir ;)

...fans will surely know “The Act” from Cecropia (https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=17801) and “Banjo the woodpile cat (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banjo_the_Woodpile_Cat). 

I still have them installed on my old iPhone 3GS.

Unfortunately I have never seen them on any other platform...

Le 13/03/2021 à 09:34, Karis a dit :

salut les gars  mais quel travail de fou merci pour tout ca 
j ai juste une question pourquoi quand je prends le pack menu singe avec tout les jeux dedans je n'arrive pas a jouer avec la manette ? 

Merci

Modifié par yassa

Il y a 6 heures, ViRuS-MaN a dit :

i a pas un lien pack avec tous les jeux de disponible ???

Désolé non.

C'est assez lourd vu que c'est de la vidéo, donc je n'ai que les miens en réserve.

Mais tout est assez facile Ă  trouver

Il y a 7 heures, Karis a dit :

Désolé non.

C'est assez lourd vu que c'est de la vidéo, donc je n'ai que les miens en réserve.

Mais tout est assez facile Ă  trouver

je suis en train de tous les mettre sur mon site et comme il m en manque quelques un je demande

quand je lance par l interface menu de singe ca fonctionne je vois bien le jeux dans la fenetre je scroll de gaude a droite je vois bien le jeux mais des que j arrive sur le jeux Asterix ,  Dragon's Lair II enhanced,  Mononoke ou  Sucker Punch singe quitte et je reviens a windows je comprends pas cela

Modifié par ViRuS-MaN

Those are sure signs out needs service. I couldn’t tell you exactly what it needs, as that’s beyond my skills, and the point at which I send a player to a qualified shop. Most likely laser alignment, although I can see how a worn/wobbly spindle motor could cause the same Kodi nox issues.

Modifié par saraloel