Aller au contenu

[SINGE 2] New LD Engine + Games (3.32 update + DLIIe surprise)

Karis

Messages recommandés

Il y a 12 heures, Stonky a dit :

Hey singe users ive found if you are having problems using joypad with singe (mine doesnt seem to recognize mine) there is a FREE to use program that works well to solve this its called joy to key , it lets you make directions on joypad or mouse be keyboard letters or numbers ie if A keyboard button was for LEFT on the game , you can make LEFT on your joypad=A button on keyboard and so on i hope this helps a few that have the same problem :)

Actually that's a good hint also if you have an arcade or any controller that is not Xinput. 

Il y a 17 heures, Niola a dit :

TIPS
- I tried Singe2. I suggest you add the item, in the menu option "9", EXIT NO SAVE.

Why not. i'll do it someday.

Citation

- Also different color key pressed (clic cli clic... power), only without border looking quickly (and elsewhere) you can get confused in the play

I don't understand this one.

Citation

- Menu.bat (the graphic games list) options to play in full screen or not, and other customizations for game.

Menu bat is not my design. It is Scott's.

Someday i might do another one with more options, but i'm sceptical because i'm not sure it is used a lot. I mean if you've got an arcade you've probably got a launcher, and if not you can launch each game separately with more options anyway.

Citation

You should give the opportunity, to those who want to work for the version in their own language, to make it. You could put a tutorial on how to get "their

audio" from dvd or bluray. Then send it to you so that you create the exact "original" copy of the video but in a different language.

Yeah well. The tutorial is focused on the LUA script part. Video editing is a different thing.

The video used for the file is a "normal" video. No tricks.

Open it in a video app like premiere -> switch the audio track -> Export

You will find plenty of tutorials for this on the internet (if needed because it's an obvious thing) and this does not require me  to make a new file.  

Citation

PROBLEMS
-In my Singe2 top trophies screen of the different colored winner's cups. In the different explanation the 4 cups are all red.

Not sure it's a bug. A red colored cup means you don't have the trophy yet. Maybe i should switch for something more obvious.

Citation

-Conan goes from level 1 to 3.

Conan is not mine, you should check with Poiu

Citation

-Hologram Time Traveler is the 3D version and it looks bad, like a my Singe 1. Only for 3D glasses? Version 2 (Singe 1) is perfect vision.

Same way i can't answer for this one.

Citation

QUESTIONS

Fan games of POIU: even after losing the last life, the video goes backwards with and with the countdown, then CONTINUE?

Still the same answer ;)

Citation

Fire and Ice v1 and v2 differences?

First, note that the only difference is one file (the one with the list of moves: FaI.singe).

v1 (made originally on the 1.0 script but converted) was the original game, before the introduction of new moves and with no experience at all. Actually it was made way before Singe 2. Working on my beloved Daphne.

v2 (made on the 2.21 script) is the game remade nowadays. So they are some changes in the moves, more moves too. The game is more difficult.

That said i kept the v1 because it's still a good one and because that's a thing you can do with Singe: 2 different games with the same video.

Quoting myself (release time):

F&I is the game that started all this FMV adventure for me. It was like 15 months ago and i still can't believe what the whole thing has become in the meantime. Now there is Singe 2, seven(!) more games, plus all the cool games and conversions made by Poiu and others.

But at some point, doing Mononoke and SuckerPunch, adding some new cool concepts like HOLD, SHOOT, improving the mash for longer durations and also understanding the whole concept of placing frames better, i began to wonder how F&I would change with all of this.

For example, when i made it, i was really cool with the first level cause i wanted it to be a kind of tutorial. But on the other hand i thought i owed a lot to this particular level, cause that's the part of the movie that haunted me when i decided to try to create a singe game.

So i took everything from the beginning, changed a few moves, tightening others and went to the end pretty fast (after all, there was no editing).

So, this v2 has now 604 moves instead of 507 with all the novelties cited above. The game is more difficult than v1, but not as difficult as Mononoke or Sucker Punch. I think it's a very good version, and i'm glad i did it (and enjoyed replaying it), but you'll decide which you prefer since now you have both.

I just thought we could make a little game with this. Provide a complete video (probably short) and create some sort of contest to make a level. it would be fun to check the differences.

Citation

Cliffhanger

1080p Adaptation of the Classic. Cliffhanger includes 2 "missing link" extra levels based on the Lupin/Cagliostro movie.
Difficulty : 4/5
Link: https://mega.nz/folder/sPgWyToK#x5Uccbi2ygu55Qr0iZmcQw

video Cliff.7z 3,90GB 36 minutes

from https://kangaroopunch.com/?page=Software/3000-2006-singe.xjs
Cliff.zip 1,15GB 26 minutes

As i said in the first post, the most updated versions are on the Mega link.

I made a lot of improvements and new things after the initial upload on kangaroo. I guess the difference is those 2 new levels.

Citation

Ninja_Hayate singe 2.rar
video\Ninja_Hayate.mp4
and
video\nuova cartella\ninja.mp4.

The second lasts a few seconds less. I erase the second?

Poiu ;)

Citation

4/3 VERSIONS PACK

Titan A.E. 4:3 shows the entire film, but black is too much. They should all be like him

I don't understand. Too much black ? So why all like him ?

Citation

In the .rar archives of these games,
Esh's Aurunmilla
Ninja Hayate
Super Don Quix-ote
Triad Stone

there is also the emulator. I have arranged them like the others but they do not appear in the "graphic list" of games to choose.
Can I make changes because they appear, or are they "preliminary" versions?

For Poiu too.

Modifié par Karis

Il y a 17 heures, Niola a dit :

Fan games are cool but they are different from the original laser games. They have audio and that's a particular thing for a video game. It is normal to always do the part several times, for example in a difficult level in a shooter game. But to hear the same "spoken audio" over and over again I'm tired of it, I don't know about others people.

I suggest you create a fan game with a silent film with Charlie Chaplin, a very turbulent film, or the short films,

Forgot this one.

For most of my games with long spoken parts inside a level, i usually insert the possibility to SKIP. Press any key and the game will jump to the next sequence.

Actually, when i do a game out of a video i don't focus on action scenes only cause part of my challenge is, despite heavy editing, to have an understandable story.

For example the original Mononoke movie is 135mn (with a lot of dialogues) edited to maybe 50mn.

I could focus on the action scenes only, but i still want a complete story to be told so, even if i omit long parts, i still like to integrate some exposure scenes and dialogs, cause otherwise it's only a reflex game.  

Modifié par Karis

REPEAT Niola:

-Also different color key pressed (clic cli clic... power), only without border looking quickly (and elsewhere) you can get confused in the play.

In many games, a colored bar appears for POWER (quick click click click). But before I had seen in a game (I don't remember which one) a key, the same color as those that appeared before, but without the border (only the plastic key, if you understand my comparison with the keys real). When you look away, it's hard to tell the difference between a normal key and a variant one. This is why I recommended changing the color of the special POWER button.

-Menu.bat (the graphic games list) options to play in full screen or not, and other customizations for game.

I don't know what it's called. I launch the menu.bat, a window appears with the Singe logo and then a game presentation with a title together with an image and a video of a few seconds and left and right and you can see the various games available. What is the name of this "front-end"?

This front-end launch the game like .namegame.cfg or other file (I don't know). I suggest adding, in this game selection window, the ability to play in full screen or in a window and other customizations. I don't say all the options in OPTION MENU 9. But I launched a game and it was windowed, while the ones I tried before were full screen. Some customizations, in my opinion, go into this menu. So users don't have to change any code files.

-You could put a tutorial on how to get "their audio" from dvd or bluray.
I didn't think about introducing in the your tutorial the way to extract audio from a video. But if you "advertise" this (and maybe new tutorial only for this), the circulation of your games could increase. And consequently the people who learn about it and the future authors of new fan games.

>>> K A R I S >>>

Cliffhanger

I made a lot of improvements and new things after the initial upload on kangaroo. I guess the difference is those 2 new levels.

>>>

I can be wrong but I do not think. 10 minutes for two levels?

-Titan A.E. 4:3 shows the entire film, but black is too much. They should all be like him.

The video must contain only the effective video. Black, if the screen does not have the same format as the video, is automatically added by software, a video player (Videolan for example) or a video game (Singe 2 for example). And fewer bytes to download and fewer bytes for the software to decode. Many people don't have fast connections and powerful PCs. Even if little, they are all useless bytes.

Why SINGE (the name)?

Il y a 18 heures, Niola a dit :

REPEAT Niola:

-Also different color key pressed (clic cli clic... power), only without border looking quickly (and elsewhere) you can get confused in the play.

In many games, a colored bar appears for POWER (quick click click click). But before I had seen in a game (I don't remember which one) a key, the same color as those that appeared before, but without the border (only the plastic key, if you understand my comparison with the keys real). When you look away, it's hard to tell the difference between a normal key and a variant one. This is why I recommended changing the color of the special POWER button.

Doable of course, but a matter of personnal taste. In my opinion different color button = different button. When you have to do the Mash action, the fact there is a power bar is the visual clue. The color of the button is the same because you mash the action button.

I've tested different colors (waching some testers play) and i can assure you it's more confusing for them. But i can understand some people might prefer otherwise.

-Menu.bat (the graphic games list) options to play in full screen or not, and other customizations for game.

I don't know what it's called. I launch the menu.bat, a window appears with the Singe logo and then a game presentation with a title together with an image and a video of a few seconds and left and right and you can see the various games available. What is the name of this "front-end"?

This front-end launch the game like .namegame.cfg or other file (I don't know). I suggest adding, in this game selection window, the ability to play in full screen or in a window and other customizations. I don't say all the options in OPTION MENU 9. But I launched a game and it was windowed, while the ones I tried before were full screen. Some customizations, in my opinion, go into this menu. So users don't have to change any code files.

Yeah it is the menu, and i must admit that, despite it's not my design, i worked a bit on it yesterday (after your post).

My menu is now launching the bats instead of pushing a singe script and has the ability to launch 2 different bats (for example fullscreen and window).

I won't push it too much cause i don't have too much time and must show it to the guys first. Also for now i did it in 1080, need to convert for 480.

-You could put a tutorial on how to get "their audio" from dvd or bluray.
I didn't think about introducing in the your tutorial the way to extract audio from a video. But if you "advertise" this (and maybe new tutorial only for this), the circulation of your games could increase. And consequently the people who learn about it and the future authors of new fan games.

Of course i'm always happy when there are new fan games. But once again it's not the purpose of the tutorial. The tutorial is learning you to make a game from scratch.

Changing audio in a given video is a simple task that requires an external video editing software (like Premiere), and i can't see what i can learn to people, as the video we use are normal. If you want to change the audio, then remove the audio track and put another one instead.  

Mainly i don't want to enter this rabbit hole about video editing, because it's time consuming (and i don't have a lot). They are hundreds of tutorial about this on the web for any program (and i have only Premiere).

>>> K A R I S >>>

Cliffhanger

>>>

I can be wrong but I do not think. 10 minutes for two levels?

Why not ? Those 2 levels are in between the level where Cliff gets to Clarissa (Night roof scene) and the level he gets out (day roof). That's why i call them "missing link". There is good action in between (Cliff trapped in the tunnels, discovering Draco's plan, and escaping by air) and it explains the story way better. 10 minutes, with exposure scene (that you can skip) sounds ok to me. 

Anyway i'm pretty sure i'm the only one that did anything with Cliff (Singe version).

-Titan A.E. 4:3 shows the entire film, but black is too much. They should all be like him.

The video must contain only the effective video. Black, if the screen does not have the same format as the video, is automatically added by software, a video player (Videolan for example) or a video game (Singe 2 for example). And fewer bytes to download and fewer bytes for the software to decode. Many people don't have fast connections and powerful PCs. Even if little, they are all useless bytes.

I will have a look.

The borderless button question IS NOT a suggestion. I saw it in a game. And the bar is better for me too.

I wrote my long previous message at different times. Then I have pasted everything into this forum. If I remembered the first message, I would have simply written that this game was to be modified like the others, with the bar. (Now I don't remember what game).

Modifié par Niola

Il y a 1 heure, Niola a dit :

The borderless button question IS NOT a suggestion. I saw it in a game. And the bar is better for me too.

I wrote my long previous message at different times. Then I have pasted everything into this forum. If I remembered the first message, I would have simply written that this game was to be modified like the others, with the bar. (Now I don't remember what game).

If you could it would help.

But, anyway. If a bar or a button has your preference (and as i said some might prefer one, other another), you can simply copy and paste it to the other games (Overlay directory which contains the "skin" for each game).

The code is common to most games. It means that every game use the same name for overlay elements. So for example if you like the bar in Conan, you take the bar in its Overlay directory (png images m0 to mfull) and copy/paste to every game you like. You will have the conan bar in all games. 

When i create a game, i make my skin choices but i don't mind if people change it to their taste. It's easy.

Modifié par Karis

I looked at all the images in Overlay and I couldn't find any buttons without a border. Surely the software did not fully display the image, while I was playing.

Many games have the Lores folder under Overlay with the smaller images. When do games use these smaller images?

4 ore fa, Karis ha scritto:

Yeah it is the menu, and i must admit that, despite it's not my design, i worked a bit on it yesterday (after your post).

My menu is now launching the bats instead of pushing a singe script and has the ability to launch 2 different bats (for example fullscreen and window).

I won't push it too much cause i don't have too much time and must show it to the guys first. Also for now i did it in 1080, need to convert for 480.

The menu, when the software switches to 480p game (left and right from user), closes. But the game works with its own .bat.

Also, always talking about 480p (the group of games you have already done), only in Asterix, in addition to the Movie and Overlay folders there are many images. Where do they go?

Il y a 3 heures, Niola a dit :

I looked at all the images in Overlay and I couldn't find any buttons without a border. Surely the software did not fully display the image, while I was playing.

Many games have the Lores folder under Overlay with the smaller images. When do games use these smaller images?

It's for computers with less power cause the overlay is using a lot of ressources.

So in the options menu you've got an item "Overlay Res" for switching it (dynamically) between 4 modes. Normal and Basic in HiRes and LoRes.

Basic shows less informations on the screen (mainly just the moves). I use this one cause i like it this way.

Il y a 3 heures, Niola a dit :

The menu, when the software switches to 480p game (left and right from user), closes. But the game works with its own .bat.

Also, always talking about 480p (the group of games you have already done), only in Asterix, in addition to the Movie and Overlay folders there are many images. Where do they go?

What's inside the 480p folder replace what's in the normal folder. For most games it's just Overlay and movie but there's a small difference for Asterix, cause the font does not reduce so well.

frontend.jpg

So, i made a new (experimental) frontend menu. It is based on the launchbox skin i use on my arcade (modified).

This new Frontend is available in 1080p and 480p. For now it's only working with my games (but i plan to extend it)

What's new? 

- New look (you will decide if it's better or not).

- Instead of pushing the Singe script, this new menu launches bats (which means with all intended parameters)

- 2 bats available for each game (most of the time it"s Fulscreen or Windowed, with exceptions)

How to use install?

Just paste the links inside your singe directory. It will overwrite a few files (nothing important)

Here are some links:

1080p: https://mega.nz/folder/AW4hgKbD#34HwiwWImdz887tXuCTRyQ

480p: https://mega.nz/folder/RLh3QIob#pWen_MN63kQ9Mfivchue7w

You don't need both versions. Please choose depending on your screen resolution.

How to use?

- Launch Menu1080.bat (or Menu480.bat if you're in 480p)

- Navigate with Left/Right

- Launch Script 1 with Button 1 (or Ctrl) or Script 2 with Button 2 (or Alt)

Do i need it?

No: if you launch the games through a typical launcher or if you prefer to send the bats yourself for any reason.

Yes: If you want a dedicated launcher for all singe games (as i said the plan would be to prepare all the games to this new frontend if people like it).

Let me know what you think!

Modifié par Karis

4 ore fa, Karis ha scritto:

frontend.jpg

So, i made a new (experimental) frontend menu. It is based on the launchbox skin i use on my arcade (modified).

This new Frontend is available in 1080p and 480p. For now it's only working with my games (but i plan to extend it)

What's new? 

- Instead of pushing the Singe script, this new menu launches bats (which means with all intended parameters)

- 2 bats available for each game (most of the time it"s Fulscreen or Windowed, with exceptions)

How to use install?

Just paste the links inside your singe directory. It will overwrite a few files (nothing important)

Here are some links:

You don't need both versions. Please choose depending on your screen resolution.

How to use?

Do i need it?

No: if you launch the games through a typical launcher or if you prefer to send the bats yourself for any reason.

Yes: If you want a dedicated launcher for all singe games (as i said the plan would be to prepare all the games to this new frontend if people like it).

Wonderful.

I love how it looks !

So in the case of fire and ice 

script 1 could be version 1

and script 2 version 2

right?

Professional Look!

Congratulation

il y a 46 minutes, gig a dit :

Wonderful.

I love how it looks !

So in the case of fire and ice 

script 1 could be version 1

and script 2 version 2

right?

Professional Look!

Congratulation

I don't deserve a lot of credit for this since, as i said, it's based on an existing skin from launchbox i modified.

Actually it's the contrary. Not very logical but i thought the most recent would be 1 ;)

Maybe i'll add numbers on the buttons later (actually i did it already, it's uploaded).

Modifié par Karis

Hello everyone. I'm stumped with two games that I have been trying to run off of my bat files. The first is Fire and Ice:

cd C:\Users\Username\Desktop\Games\Singe2
Singe-v2.00-Windows-x86_64.exe -a 4:3 -d Fire_and_Ice\Index -v Fire_and_Ice\Movie\FaI.mp4 Fire_and_Ice\Script\Fire_and_Ice_v2.singe

This line of commands runs the Kangaroo Punch and Singe splashscreens, but the game starts with massive slowdown when you hear the narrator speaking, leading to the gameplay doing the same.

My second game that I'm having issues with is Crime Patrol:

cd C:\Users\Username\Desktop\Games\Singe2\
Singe-v2.00-Windows-x86_64.exe -a 4:3 -d Crime_Patrol_Singe_2\Index -v Crime_Patrol_Singe_2\Video\Crime_Patrol.mp4 ‪Crime_Patrol_Singe_2\Script\crimepatrol.singe

This line of commands only yields an Error: Unable to locate script message. I followed the paths exactly listed in each directory, but for some reason I couldn't get this to run properly.

Anyone have ideas on how I may correct the errors on the .bat files? Are there any other mistakes I may have missed?

Thanks for your input.

il y a 29 minutes, Striderx99 a dit :

Hello everyone. I'm stumped with two games that I have been trying to run off of my bat files. The first is Fire and Ice:

cd C:\Users\Username\Desktop\Games\Singe2
Singe-v2.00-Windows-x86_64.exe -a 4:3 -d Fire_and_Ice\Index -v Fire_and_Ice\Movie\FaI.mp4 Fire_and_Ice\Script\Fire_and_Ice_v2.singe

This line of commands runs the Kangaroo Punch and Singe splashscreens, but the game starts with massive slowdown when you hear the narrator speaking, leading to the gameplay doing the same.

My second game that I'm having issues with is Crime Patrol:

cd C:\Users\Username\Desktop\Games\Singe2\
Singe-v2.00-Windows-x86_64.exe -a 4:3 -d Crime_Patrol_Singe_2\Index -v Crime_Patrol_Singe_2\Video\Crime_Patrol.mp4 ‪Crime_Patrol_Singe_2\Script\crimepatrol.singe

This line of commands only yields an Error: Unable to locate script message. I followed the paths exactly listed in each directory, but for some reason I couldn't get this to run properly.

Anyone have ideas on how I may correct the errors on the .bat files? Are there any other mistakes I may have missed?

Thanks for your input.

For Fire and ice iu cn try to answer. First are other games working normally ?

Audio stuttering is sometimes caused by audio drivers problems.

But if it is ok, i see you use some files downloaded on kangaroo site with files downloaded here (v2).

I's say it's better if you downlaod a clean version on Mega (link on first page), especially if you want to play 4/3. There's a 4/3 version of Fire & Ice which will be better than forcing it with a -a command.

For Crime Patrol i'm not sure but this message just means it can't find the crimepatrol.singe script. So are you sure it is where you pointed (no spelling error or Caps error) ?

Thanks for the immediate response, Karis. I will try the 4:3 version of Fire and Ice. I'll remove the -a command to see if it helps. I am actually using a Samsung TV monitor to run this on my mini-PC. I have the driver selected for it as well.

For Crime Patrol, I did notice some peculiar characters at the end of the command line (the "‪" portion) that showed up while the .bat was running in the background:

C:\Users\Username\Desktop\Games\Singe2\bat files>cd C:\Users\Username\Desktop\Games\Singe2\

C:\Users\Username\Desktop\Games\Singe2>Singe-v2.00-Windows-x86_64.exe -a 4:3 -d Crime_Patrol_Singe_2\Index -v Crime_Patrol_Singe_2\Video\Crime_Patrol.mp4 ‪Crime_Patrol_Singe_2\Script\crimepatrol.singe

Maybe this caused the unable to locate script error. Any ideas? I'm still at a loss for fixing that. I found that the crimepatrol.singe file was inside /Script folder.

Il y a 6 heures, Striderx99 a dit :

Thanks for the immediate response, Karis. I will try the 4:3 version of Fire and Ice. I'll remove the -a command to see if it helps. I am actually using a Samsung TV monitor to run this on my mini-PC. I have the driver selected for it as well.

Is it 4/3 ? Strange.

Anyway please download everything from the Mega. Not just the movie. Also, Singe directory with the bats 

Citation

For Crime Patrol, I did notice some peculiar characters at the end of the command line (the "‪" portion) that showed up while the .bat was running in the background:

C:\Users\Username\Desktop\Games\Singe2\bat files>cd C:\Users\Username\Desktop\Games\Singe2\

C:\Users\Username\Desktop\Games\Singe2>Singe-v2.00-Windows-x86_64.exe -a 4:3 -d Crime_Patrol_Singe_2\Index -v Crime_Patrol_Singe_2\Video\Crime_Patrol.mp4 ‪Crime_Patrol_Singe_2\Script\crimepatrol.singe

Maybe this caused the unable to locate script error. Any ideas? I'm still at a loss for fixing that. I found that the crimepatrol.singe file was inside /Script folder.

Unwanted characters might be the cause yes.

Everyone does it his way. I think Poiu like to place it in the script folder, and that's logical.

For me the reason was different. As i wanted to teach to people how to create games i put the only script to modify apart from the rest.

The script should be:

Start Singe-v2.00-Windows-x86_64.exe -k -z -d Crime_Patrol_Singe_2\Index -v Crime_Patrol_Singe_2\Video\Crime_Patrol.mp4 Crime_Patrol_Singe_2\Script\crimepatrol.singe

Modifié par Karis

Il 12/3/2021 Alle 19:06, Karis ha scritto:

What's inside the 480p folder replace what's in the normal folder. For most games it's just Overlay and movie but there's a small difference for Asterix, cause the font does not reduce so well.

All file names begin with _: "_name.x". Does this make sense? Can they be used by the emulator?

All images are not legible from Windows; all the other images of the other games are readable, and also the others of Asterix

Opening some files (txt and .singe) with Notepad I read "Mac Os X" and an Internet address for Apple.
There are titan.txt and fai.txt files.

Modifié par Niola

Il y a 2 heures, Niola a dit :

All file names begin with _: "_name.x". Does this make sense? Can they be used by the emulator?

All images are not legible from Windows; all the other images of the other games are readable, and also the others of Asterix

Opening some files (txt and .singe) with Notepad I read "Mac Os X" and an Internet address for Apple.
There are titan.txt and fai.txt files.

I don't understand, but at some points there was a problem in the directory (traces of old deleted files) so it's probably this.

Normally in the 480p directory you should find only

- Files for the overlay 

- Movie in 480p

- asterix.singe for Asterix

And recenttly i added gamenew.dat for each file (for this new frontend, but it's also in the upgrade i posted a few messages up)

Le 13/03/2021 à 03:34, Karis a dit :

frontend.jpg

What's new? 

How to use install?

Here are some links:

How to use?

Do i need it?

Tout Simplement du Tres Tres Lourd,Wow

Hi guys, sorry for this question but are these singe games playable on a pi4s Emulation Station ?

Modifié par MadMax4Q2

Thanks for the advice Karis. I followed the command lines that you provided for Crime Patrol, and it now works! I'll go back to Mega to get the Fire and Ice files again to see if that resolves my issue. My resolution on the Samsung TV is actually 1024x768, so I just assumed that using a lower resolution might help with the slowdown. If you think I should make any further adjustments, please let me know.

Il y a 3 heures, Striderx99 a dit :

Thanks for the advice Karis. I followed the command lines that you provided for Crime Patrol, and it now works! I'll go back to Mega to get the Fire and Ice files again to see if that resolves my issue. My resolution on the Samsung TV is actually 1024x768, so I just assumed that using a lower resolution might help with the slowdown. If you think I should make any further adjustments, please let me know.

The sure thing is that you don't need the wholme resolution (i think 4/3 is 1440x1080). But that would not mean it would slow. It depends mainly onb the power of your PC.

- First, as i said, it is best to use a 4/3 version (and not the -a option)

- To lower the charge you can tweak things on the menu: Overlay Res set to Lo or even Basic Lo is better for weaker computers.

- Also, you could make your own movie, by taking the 4/3 version and simply transforming it to 1024x768. In that case you might experience that overlay images are a bit too big but you can still copy the content of Overlay/Lores to Overlay (or reduce the images inside Overlay by around 30%) 

Il y a 7 heures, MadMax4Q2 a dit :

Hi guys, sorry for this question but are these singe games playable on a pi4s Emulation Station ?

Not an expert, but on the kangaroo website you'll find a Linux build of the Singe program. I don't know for which version of Linux, but it might work.

A pi is not the most powerful machine, so i suggest you go for lowest resolutions maybe (not sure at all).

What is the Assets folder for? I have seen the images and the intro video for the menu.bat but some games do not have this folder and the menu shows them. And inside Ninja_Hayate Assets are the SuckerPunch files.

-Sucket Punch (and other your games)
difficulty: In-Game
game type: Normal, Map, Percent
estra movies:
Show Hinst:
Special Mode:what do they mean?

As there is daphne-wiki, you could write a little guide explaining the options and other things to play

Modifié par Niola

8 minuti fa, Niola ha scritto:

What is the Assets folder for? I have seen the images and the intro video for the menu.bat but some games do not have this folder and the menu shows them. And inside Ninja_Hayate Assets are the SuckerPunch files.

-Sucket Punch (and other your games)
estra movies:
Show Hinst:
Special Mode:what do they mean?

As there is daphne-wiki, you could write a little guide explaining the options and other things to play

The files in assets folder are not required by games. they are for who have it's own frontend.

the pdf manual is inside the zip.

il y a 51 minutes, gig a dit :

The files in assets folder are not required by games. they are for who have it's own frontend.

the pdf manual is inside the zip.

Exactly. Assets are extra ressources made for players who want to have a nice design for their frontend (like Launchbox).

So, for all my games, i insert things like 3D box, marquee because sometimes it's difficult to find the ressources on the internet.

I'm currently trying to make all assets for the frontend i created.

Modifié par Karis

In various games the options menu has a particular font and a colored background and I struggle to understand all the letters (I have a hard time reading),

Il 14/3/2021 Alle 09:01, Karis ha scritto:

Unwanted characters might be the cause yes.

Everyone does it his way. I think Poiu like to place it in the script folder, and that's logical.

For me the reason was different. As i wanted to teach to people how to create games i put the only script to modify apart from the rest.

You three authors should agree to make all fan games the same. You have to decide whether game.singe or "game name" .singe. If a file goes to one folder or another. As you already know, for many people it is not enough to just put the game folder under Singe 2 and play. Many have problems and they have to fiddle with the software. If all games were the same, later it would be easier to solve the problems.

And to learn there is the tutorial.

I tried the new MENU. The 480 is horrible because it is cut on the right. I don't understand why you do either the FULL HD or the 640x480. The old DVD has a larger format.

The 1080p menu: Error: Specified resolution is larger than the display.
My display is 1280x1024 however the games work and the video adjusts to the maximum resolution of my monitor.

????????

????????

Modifié par Niola

5 hours ago, Karis said:

Not an expert, but on the kangaroo website you'll find a Linux build of the Singe program. I don't know for which version of Linux, but it might work.

A pi is not the most powerful machine, so i suggest you go for lowest resolutions maybe (not sure at all).

Thanks Karis,

I'm new to Daphne and Singe only got into them since modding my Arcade1up with a pi4. Got the higher SD versions of Dragons Lair working and Space Ace (only after finding out all files needed to be lower case!) Just not sure if its worth playing about with the Singe emulators on a pi 🤔. It would be nice to revisit TimeGal with better video though as I have fond memories with it on the Mega-CD.

Il y a 2 heures, Niola a dit :

In various games the options menu has a particular font and a colored background and I struggle to understand all the letters (I have a hard time reading),

You three authors should agree to make all fan games the same. You have to decide whether game.singe or "game name" .singe. If a file goes to one folder or another. As you already know, for many people it is not enough to just put the game folder under Singe 2 and play. Many have problems and they have to fiddle with the software. If all games were the same, later it would be easier to solve the problems.

And to learn there is the tutorial.

There is not a "company" effort. All of this is goodwill from people. So i do things and cannot (and don't want to) force people doing the same.

Citation

I tried the new MENU. The 480 is horrible because it is cut on the right. I don't understand why you do either the FULL HD or the 640x480. The old DVD has a larger format.

The 1080p menu: Error: Specified resolution is larger than the display.
My display is 1280x1024 however the games work and the video adjusts to the maximum resolution of my monitor.

For this i don't know. As i said this menu is an experiment for which i choose 2 very regular resolutions (1920*1080 and 640*480). On my screen the 480p is not cut and if you want me to correct, i'll need screen captures to understand the problem.

Citation

????????

????????

All of this is documented in the tutorial. Please read it but:

- In game means that you choose the difficulty through a screen at the beginning of the game

- Map is a map levels navigation for some games where you can choose order of levels (Triad Stone is a good example). Percent is a new way to play (you will learn more in the tutorial and previous pages).

Modifié par Karis

il y a une heure, MadMax4Q2 a dit :

Thanks Karis,

I'm new to Daphne and Singe only got into them since modding my Arcade1up with a pi4. Got the higher SD versions of Dragons Lair working and Space Ace (only after finding out all files needed to be lower case!) Just not sure if its worth playing about with the Singe emulators on a pi 🤔. It would be nice to revisit TimeGal with better video though as I have fond memories with it on the Mega-CD.

It should be possible.

Here is the link for Pi: https://kangaroopunch.com/api/files.ssjs?call=download-file&dir=singe&file=s200p32.zip

Modifié par Karis

1 ora fa, Karis ha scritto:

For this i don't know. As i said this menu is an experiment for which i choose 2 very regular resolutions (1920*1080 and 640*480). On my screen the 480p is not cut and if you want me to correct, i'll need screen captures to understand the problem.

What is there to understand. The VGA 640x480 is the PC standard of the first half of the 90s, then the SVGA 800x600 became more and more popular (and then XGA and others). DVDs are 720x480 NTSC and 720x576 PAL. I don't understand why you insist on creating "light" videos in VGA. And why do you cut the video instead of letting it fit inside a "4:3 square".

x POIU
Ti prego ma rifai gli archivi compressi di Super_Don_Quix-ote_Singe_2 e Ninja_Hayate singe 2. Non dico per me che li ho giĂ  scaricati ma per utenti meno

esperti con il computer, che in futuro li scaricheranno.
In Ninja hai messo addirittura due volte il video. Un archivio che potrebbe essere di 1,86 GB diventa di 3,68 GB.
In Super_Don_Quix-ote_Singe_2 c'è un altro Super_Don_Quix-ote_Singe_2. Il primo con un video tagliato di 300 MB e le immagini Overlay di Principessa

Mononoke. Nel secondo sotto Overlay\Lores c'è una immagine di Time Gal e si rimane col dubbio se siano tutte di questo gioco o di Don Quix-ote.

il y a 9 minutes, Niola a dit :

What is there to understand. The VGA 640x480 is the PC standard of the first half of the 90s, then the SVGA 800x600 became more and more popular (and then XGA and others). DVDs are 720x480 NTSC and 720x576 PAL. I don't understand why you insist on creating "light" videos in VGA. And why do you cut the video instead of letting it fit inside a "4:3 square".

What is to understand is "cut on the right", as you said. 

My plan was never to release every possible resolution cause i've got a real job too.

I release the game in 16/9, and 4/3 (HD) and if people want them in another resolution, they can still do it themself with any free convertor (even online). 640x480 was made because people asked for it for their old arcade. That's it.