Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution [A20] [A20 PLUS] [A3] [World] (Konami)

topet2k12001
Go to solution Solved by Gliss,

Messages recommandés

Hello,

In a world where all of this hard work is purely voluntary (i.e. "I have a life, I have a family, I have a job too"), only kind words are what one would consider "fruits of labor" and hearing/reading them feels so rewarding.

Butterfly (our fork) has gone a long way. What initially started out as an individual project (a.k.a. "topet's butterfly"), eventually became a small group's project. On that note, this small group of individuals do not look at, nor weigh, their contributions in the quantitative sense. The fact of the matter is, there is mutual dependency in the contributions that went into (our fork of) butterfly in its current state, such that a missing piece/contribution by any single one in this group couldn't have made butterfly "whole" all by himself. In this sense, our contributions are weighted qualitatively and hence, as I personally see it, all are equal and therefore all individuals in this small group have equal stake for decisions involving this fork of butterfly.

These are the people who have helped make butterfly what it is today: @tw3nz0r @bman @Towlesy27 @Sirk @One Eternal Ash @kanor

And of course, @skogaby who is the original author of butterfly. I've only had a chance to talk to him a few times and learn a thing or two. But that simple act is what enabled and fueled me to embark on this journey.

This decision to (hopefully, momentarily) stop openly supporting the use of butterfly with DDR Arcade (Ripped) Data is a very painful decision, at least for me personally, because - and again, this is in no way undermining the group that made it for what it is today - the fact remains that it started as an individual person's project. As such I would almost say that this is my "baby" project. And as "small" of a project as it may be in the eyes of the more technically inclined, I unfortunately was "technically handicapped" throughout this entire journey, so whatever "little achievement" you can see (from the eyes of a technical person) is actually a milestone and a source of pride for me.

I am not about to be hypocritical about all of this because at the end of the day we know what "THIS" is. Do know that I personally took it with a heavy heart to make this decision. But I think, for the preservation of the greater good who will and should benefit in the long run, I believe that this decision has to be made.

Out of my love for the work that has been done, and out of consideration for the many others who try their best to help with the sustainability of making this game available, I am going to release a "final goodbye" public build (hopefully, goodbye only for now). This build is enough to last you up to any 2020-dated package, and will cease to fully function when the 2021-dated packages are leaked to the public (or when you use our butterfly fork on any 2021-dated builds).

In the meantime, you may use other 3rd-party online servers which provide the essentials for enjoying the game (score saving/tracking, score rivalry, force-unlocking of all songs, etc.). It is unfortunate that we had to (again, hopefully momentarily) stop making public builds since our fork of butterfly, although primarily envisioned for offline use, offers a very rich level of support and experience for DDR that goes the extra mile, in fact way beyond the essentials. Nonetheless, I have huge respect for all the maintainers/owners of the 3rd-party online servers. Putting up a server to function online where there a lot of users is in fact a stressful thing to do (on top of the fact this is purely voluntary plus volunteering material and non-material resources to maintain it). I am amazed at not only your work, but also your dedication for doing this. I am a patron of some of these 3rd-party servers too.

I personally hope that things will eventually turn out for the better because I am still very excited in helping others as you have seen me do. Let us hope for the best and make this a learning lesson as we move forward.

screenshot-1628849849.png

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

Lol. 

To be fair, the phrase "Update Pack"  is not used at all in the original post, and the wording of "please do not download any older data dump like the "20190903" or the "20200203" that was made available earlier than early September 2020. There is no more reason nor benefit to do so." led me to believe I shouldn't be downloading any data other than the data linked in the original post. Can you really blame a newbie like me for misunderstanding? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I get it now though.... I think. Still waiting for all that data to download with my free MEGA account to know for sure.

Modifié par RagnarokSam

I'm honestly not sure if I've made some dumb mistake here, but I've searched the entire topic and seen nothing on it so I'm assuming that I just borked something up. When I was setting this up according to the video, I was able to follow along with every step except the initial setup of the card (at least using the + key as was set in SpiceTools, more on that later). Whenever I pressed the + key, I specifically received the error "W:eamuse: card0.txt card override contains an invalid character sequence at byte 2 (16 characters, 0-9/A-f only) instead of having the "card" read and start the process of setting up an E-Amuse card. However, by utilizing F7 and manually pasting the E-Amuse card number into the window that popped up, saving that, and then selecting "Insert P1", I was able to get the card to read, albeit with the plus key not working as intended. I have uploaded the log file as I figure that will help somewhat.

I'm 98% expecting this to be some really stupid oversight that I missed, but everything else works fine too. Songs are actually better synced than on a real cabinet out of the box, and the event things are accessible to the e-amuse when I do the manual gimmick.

Welp, I figured it out like a dumbass. After thinking I ran out of ways to fuck up, apparently at some point, I manually went into the options of SpiceTools and tried setting Player 1 Card and Player 2 Card to "card0.txt" and "card1.txt", not realizing it was looking for a raw string, not to mention that it would override whatever I put into the card0.txt file. And of course I figure this out immediately after posting.

log.txt

Modifié par NW360
Figured out the reason moments after giving up

hace 13 horas, NW360 dijo:

I'm honestly not sure if I've made some dumb mistake here, but I've searched the entire topic and seen nothing on it so I'm assuming that I just borked something up. When I was setting this up according to the video, I was able to follow along with every step except the initial setup of the card (at least using the + key as was set in SpiceTools, more on that later). Whenever I pressed the + key, I specifically received the error "W:eamuse: card0.txt card override contains an invalid character sequence at byte 2 (16 characters, 0-9/A-f only) instead of having the "card" read and start the process of setting up an E-Amuse card. However, by utilizing F7 and manually pasting the E-Amuse card number into the window that popped up, saving that, and then selecting "Insert P1", I was able to get the card to read, albeit with the plus key not working as intended. I have uploaded the log file as I figure that will help somewhat.

I'm 98% expecting this to be some really stupid oversight that I missed, but everything else works fine too. Songs are actually better synced than on a real cabinet out of the box, and the event things are accessible to the e-amuse when I do the manual gimmick.

Welp, I figured it out like a dumbass. After thinking I ran out of ways to fuck up, apparently at some point, I manually went into the options of SpiceTools and tried setting Player 1 Card and Player 2 Card to "card0.txt" and "card1.txt", not realizing it was looking for a raw string, not to mention that it would override whatever I put into the card0.txt file. And of course I figure this out immediately after posting.

log.txt

YOUR ERROR: [2021/07/06 01:47:42] W:eamuse: card0.txt card override contains an invalid character sequence at byte 2 (16 characters, 0-9/A-F only)

The content into card.txt its bad: good content looks like this: E000412345678901

12 hours ago, RagnarokSam said:

Well, I spent a day looking over the directions and trying to get SpiceTools to launch DDR, but no luck so far. If anyone wants to take a look at my SpiceTools log and identify what mistake I'm making, I would be grateful. :) 

log.txt

Okay, disregard this comment, I got it running this morning. I was confused about directions I was given earlier in the thread and had the 2019 data dump. Had to go to a friend's house and use their non-Verizon internet to download the correct data dump from the link in the original post.

That said, is there any way to make the game launch in Event Mode?

Hello,

In a world where all of this hard work is purely voluntary (i.e. "I have a life, I have a family, I have a job too"), only kind words are what one would consider "fruits of labor" and hearing/reading them feels so rewarding.

Butterfly (our fork) has gone a long way. What initially started out as an individual project (a.k.a. "topet's butterfly"), eventually became a small group's project. On that note, this small group of individuals do not look at, nor weigh, their contributions in the quantitative sense. The fact of the matter is, there is mutual dependency in the contributions that went into (our fork of) butterfly in its current state, such that a missing piece/contribution by any single one in this group couldn't have made butterfly "whole" all by himself. In this sense, our contributions are weighted qualitatively and hence, as I personally see it, all are equal and therefore all individuals in this small group have equal stake for decisions involving this fork of butterfly.

These are the people who have helped make butterfly what it is today: @tw3nz0r @bman @Towlesy27 @Sirk @One Eternal Ash @kanor

And of course, @skogaby who is the original author of butterfly. I've only had a chance to talk to him a few times and learn a thing or two. But that simple act is what enabled and fueled me to embark on this journey.

This decision to (hopefully, momentarily) stop openly supporting the use of butterfly with DDR Arcade (Ripped) Data is a very painful decision, at least for me personally, because - and again, this is in no way undermining the group that made it for what it is today - the fact remains that it started as an individual person's project. As such I would almost say that this is my "baby" project. And as "small" of a project as it may be in the eyes of the more technically inclined, I unfortunately was "technically handicapped" throughout this entire journey, so whatever "little achievement" you can see (from the eyes of a technical person) is actually a milestone and a source of pride for me.

I am not about to be hypocritical about all of this because at the end of the day we know what "THIS" is. Do know that I personally took it with a heavy heart to make this decision. But I think, for the preservation of the greater good who will and should benefit in the long run, I believe that this decision has to be made.

Out of my love for the work that has been done, and out of consideration for the many others who try their best to help with the sustainability of making this game available, I am going to release a "final goodbye" public build (hopefully, goodbye only for now). This build is enough to last you up to any 2020-dated package, and will cease to fully function when the 2021-dated packages are leaked to the public (or when you use our butterfly fork on any 2021-dated builds).

In the meantime, you may use other 3rd-party online servers which provide the essentials for enjoying the game (score saving/tracking, score rivalry, force-unlocking of all songs, etc.). It is unfortunate that we had to (again, hopefully momentarily) stop making public builds since our fork of butterfly, although primarily envisioned for offline use, offers a very rich level of support and experience for DDR that goes the extra mile, in fact way beyond the essentials. Nonetheless, I have huge respect for all the maintainers/owners of the 3rd-party online servers. Putting up a server to function online where there a lot of users is in fact a stressful thing to do (on top of the fact this is purely voluntary plus volunteering material and non-material resources to maintain it). I am amazed at not only your work, but also your dedication for doing this. I am a patron of some of these 3rd-party servers too.

I personally hope that things will eventually turn out for the better because I am still very excited in helping others as you have seen me do. Let us hope for the best and make this a learning lesson as we move forward.

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

18 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

You can find it in the game's Service Menu. Play around with the menu; it's easy to figure out.

Whoops, I worded that question poorly. What I meant to ask was, "Is there a way to launch into event mode by default at first boot, either via a batch file switch or an in game setting where I don't have to enter into the service menu and manually activate it each time?".

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

On 7/6/2021 at 3:22 PM, polivosm said:

YOUR ERROR: [2021/07/06 01:47:42] W:eamuse: card0.txt card override contains an invalid character sequence at byte 2 (16 characters, 0-9/A-F only)

The content into card.txt its bad: good content looks like this: E000412345678901

Wrong, the actual content in the file was fine, I just was putting "card0.txt" into the "Player 1 Card" option in the Options tab of spicecfg rather than leaving it blank and referring to the actual file OR pasting the actual card code into this setting.

Then again, like I had said l had already figured this out by then and had it working perfectly fine. But thank you! :)

21 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

No.

You have to consider the following:

1. This is a "rip" of the actual arcade machine game. However the game is supposed to behave when running in an actual arcade cabinet is the behavior that you should also expect when you play it on a PC.
  2. There are settings in the Service Menu that the game can "remember" and there are other settings that it cannot.
  3. The reason why "Event Mode" cannot be "remembered" is because in an actual arcade machine, an operator has to manually "toggle" a button/"flip" a switch to enable the Event Mode. In an actual arcade machine, Event Mode is designed as an "operator-configurable setting" for use in tournaments (hence the name, Event Mode). You can even set it to use "EX score" as the methodology of scoring (once the cursor is on "Event Mode" press Left or Right panel on the Player 2 side).
  4. For the same reason (that it is used for tournaments), Event Mode is played without requiring money (credits...in fact you have to set "Free Play" to "On" in the "Coin Options" of the Service Menu in order to make Event Mode selectable), that is why it is manually activated only and not in-game.

Ahh, well that makes sense. Thank you for explaining!

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

[2021/07/09 21:20:22] I:stackwalker: 77A6FA29 (KERNEL32): (unknown): BaseThreadInitThunk
[2021/07/09 21:20:22] I:stackwalker: 77CD7A7E (ntdll): (unknown): RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
[2021/07/09 21:20:22] I:stackwalker: 77CD7A4E (ntdll): (unknown): RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
[2021/07/09 21:20:22] F:signal: end
[2021/07/09 21:20:22] I:launcher: stopping subsystems

are you sure you use the correct .dll (arkmdxp3.dll and gamemdx.dll)?

6 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Your previous error (which you solved) is the same as your new error.

screenshot-1625931394.png

I noticed the "stackwalker" section was similar to the previous log, but not exactly the same. The last time the issue was solely resolved by using the game data from 2020020300 data instead of the 2019 data I had previously been trying to use. I'm using that same 2020020300 data here however. I also see that this new log does not contain any of the "INVALID_HANDLE" lines that were present right above the EXCESS_ACCESS_VIOLATION in the previous log, which I'm guessing was the result using data that differed from what SpiceTools was looking for. I've tried removing everything and installing with the clean data from scratch again, but run into the same issue, so I'm not really sure what the best way to troubleshoot here is.

13 minutes ago, polivosm said:

[2021/07/09 21:20:22] I:stackwalker: 77A6FA29 (KERNEL32): (unknown): BaseThreadInitThunk
[2021/07/09 21:20:22] I:stackwalker: 77CD7A7E (ntdll): (unknown): RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
[2021/07/09 21:20:22] I:stackwalker: 77CD7A4E (ntdll): (unknown): RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
[2021/07/09 21:20:22] F:signal: end
[2021/07/09 21:20:22] I:launcher: stopping subsystems

are you sure you use the correct .dll (arkmdxp3.dll and gamemdx.dll)?

I'm using the .dlls provided in the 2020020300 data. I'm copying (not cutting) the files from the modules folder into the parent folder where spice.exe is

Modifié par RagnarokSam

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

13 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

The actual addresses of the "stackwalker" entries may vary but one common theme is this:

This points to a wrong/incorrect/corrupt file being used. Regardless of whether the "INVALID HANDLE" entries are appearing or not.

There are two (2) threads about DDR A20 in this forum and you may check all posts related to your error if you want, but that error message definitely points to an incorrect file (for however that happened in your case - whether you used the wrong file, the file is corrupted, etc.).

Also there are two (2) download sources for the game: one is a MEGA link and the other is a torrent. The MEGA link apparently contains some corrupted files, and has been reported/observed/mentioned in the thread by other users.

Hmmmm, alright, that definitely should narrow down what's going on at least. I can confirm I'm using data from the torrent also.

Interestingly enough, I installed the same data using the same steps on a 3rd desktop just now, and it works perfectly. I'm now suspecting the issue on the 2nd desktop could be happening at the OS level since the 1st and 3rd desktops work perfectly fine.  File and folder permissions for the install folder and all child files and folders are set exactly the same as the other desktops though. One noticeable difference on the 2nd desktop from the others is that after imaging the drive with Windows 10, but before installing the DDR data, I used a powershell script for removing unneeded bloat from the OS to quicken boot time, and now I'm wondering if that got rid of a dependency that SpiceTools might use that I'm not aware of. I guess if I needed I could re-image the desktop once more and not use that script, but I'd rather narrow down exactly what dependency is actually missing that SpiceTools is looking for if I could. Of course, I could be wrong about all of this as well... hard to tell.

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

3 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

The issue is already identified.

Not identified, but hypothesized. 

Won't know for sure until I can reformat again and re-test, and if that is the "what", we still don't really know the "why". What exactly was SpiceTools trying to do or access that resulted in failure? Unfortunately it seems SpiceTools can't report that level of detail in it's logs, otherwise we'd have that answer already. Nonetheless, thank you for all your assistance and information so far, it's been a big help. :)

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

10 hours ago, RagnarokSam said:

Hmmmm, alright, that definitely should narrow down what's going on at least. I can confirm I'm using data from the torrent also.

Interestingly enough, I installed the same data using the same steps on a 3rd desktop just now, and it works perfectly. I'm now suspecting the issue on the 2nd desktop could be happening at the OS level since the 1st and 3rd desktops work perfectly fine.  File and folder permissions for the install folder and all child files and folders are set exactly the same as the other desktops though. One noticeable difference on the 2nd desktop from the others is that after imaging the drive with Windows 10, but before installing the DDR data, I used a powershell script for removing unneeded bloat from the OS to quicken boot time, and now I'm wondering if that got rid of a dependency that SpiceTools might use that I'm not aware of. I guess if I needed I could re-image the desktop once more and not use that script, but I'd rather narrow down exactly what dependency is actually missing that SpiceTools is looking for if I could. Of course, I could be wrong about all of this as well... hard to tell.

Can you send the debolat script? I'm wondering what are the files that are removed by the script, and reading that same script can at least point to what might be that one file that causes issues.

2 minutes ago, ZX3000GT1 said:

Can you send the debolat script? I'm wondering what are the files that are removed by the script, and reading that same script can at least point to what might be that one file that causes issues.

Sure! It's the script posted on this page:

https://community.spiceworks.com/scripts/show/4378-windows-10-decrapifier-18xx-19xx-2xxx

Good news! I resolved my issue of getting SpiceTools to launch the game data on my problematic desktop, but not in the way I expected....

- First thing I did was reformat the desktop with a clean install of Win 10 Pro (ver 21H1), then reinstall the game data using the provided directions. Surprisingly, I was still unable to launch the game and left with a log that looked mostly the same as before (still showing EXCEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION).
- Next, I ran windows update and downloaded all available updates. After, I ran Spice.exe again, but had the same result.
- Finally, I downloaded Lenovo's update utility (this pc is a Lenovo ThinkCentre M93p, got it on eBay for under $100) and pulled all additional driver and bios updates that weren't available from Microsoft. After the the bios install completed and the pc rebooted, I launched Spice.exe again, and to my surprise, it boots perfectly.

So, if anyone else ever comes across this post with the same issue, maybe try updating drivers and bios from your pc manufacturer. That's what ended up working for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hello, this is my first comment here, I've been trying to get the DDR A20 to run on my pc but no matter what I do, nothing seems to solve the problem

-I've followed all the instructions in the video and tutorial from the FAQ
-Checked all the log files uploaded by other users and followed all the troubleshooting provided across the 14 pages from the forum

-Tried to run the game with the bat file provided in the Tools part of the forum

But still, nothing works.

A couple of things that I identified and that I did already:

-No matter how many times I remove the Read-Only check that is in the root folder for my DDR install, it never disappears, if I click accept, it appears again when I open the properties window for the folder.

-Tried to Re-download the game using the torrent and also Mega, but both downloads give me the same result.

-Updated BIOS

-Set the Spice settings for the DLLs manually using the Spice Config

----The discord link does not work.

In advance, I would really appreciate any help

log.txt

Il y a 1 heure, Makarium a dit :

-No matter how many times I remove the Read-Only check that is in the root folder for my DDR install, it never disappears, if I click accept, it appears again when I open the properties window for the folder.

this is normal, the read only is disabled despite the fact that it is checked again

6 hours ago, Makarium said:

Hello, this is my first comment here, I've been trying to get the DDR A20 to run on my pc but no matter what I do, nothing seems to solve the problem

-I've followed all the instructions in the video and tutorial from the FAQ
-Checked all the log files uploaded by other users and followed all the troubleshooting provided across the 14 pages from the forum

-Tried to run the game with the bat file provided in the Tools part of the forum

But still, nothing works.

A couple of things that I identified and that I did already:

-Tried to Re-download the game using the torrent and also Mega, but both downloads give me the same result.

-Updated BIOS

-Set the Spice settings for the DLLs manually using the Spice Config

----The discord link does not work.

In advance, I would really appreciate any help

log.txt

Try moving your files to D drive

For some reason (for me at least) I can only run the game if it's in D drive.