Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution [A20] [A20 PLUS] [A3] [World] (Konami)

topet2k12001
Go to solution Solved by Gliss,

Messages recommandés

Hello,

In a world where all of this hard work is purely voluntary (i.e. "I have a life, I have a family, I have a job too"), only kind words are what one would consider "fruits of labor" and hearing/reading them feels so rewarding.

Butterfly (our fork) has gone a long way. What initially started out as an individual project (a.k.a. "topet's butterfly"), eventually became a small group's project. On that note, this small group of individuals do not look at, nor weigh, their contributions in the quantitative sense. The fact of the matter is, there is mutual dependency in the contributions that went into (our fork of) butterfly in its current state, such that a missing piece/contribution by any single one in this group couldn't have made butterfly "whole" all by himself. In this sense, our contributions are weighted qualitatively and hence, as I personally see it, all are equal and therefore all individuals in this small group have equal stake for decisions involving this fork of butterfly.

These are the people who have helped make butterfly what it is today: @tw3nz0r @bman @Towlesy27 @Sirk @One Eternal Ash @kanor

And of course, @skogaby who is the original author of butterfly. I've only had a chance to talk to him a few times and learn a thing or two. But that simple act is what enabled and fueled me to embark on this journey.

This decision to (hopefully, momentarily) stop openly supporting the use of butterfly with DDR Arcade (Ripped) Data is a very painful decision, at least for me personally, because - and again, this is in no way undermining the group that made it for what it is today - the fact remains that it started as an individual person's project. As such I would almost say that this is my "baby" project. And as "small" of a project as it may be in the eyes of the more technically inclined, I unfortunately was "technically handicapped" throughout this entire journey, so whatever "little achievement" you can see (from the eyes of a technical person) is actually a milestone and a source of pride for me.

I am not about to be hypocritical about all of this because at the end of the day we know what "THIS" is. Do know that I personally took it with a heavy heart to make this decision. But I think, for the preservation of the greater good who will and should benefit in the long run, I believe that this decision has to be made.

Out of my love for the work that has been done, and out of consideration for the many others who try their best to help with the sustainability of making this game available, I am going to release a "final goodbye" public build (hopefully, goodbye only for now). This build is enough to last you up to any 2020-dated package, and will cease to fully function when the 2021-dated packages are leaked to the public (or when you use our butterfly fork on any 2021-dated builds).

In the meantime, you may use other 3rd-party online servers which provide the essentials for enjoying the game (score saving/tracking, score rivalry, force-unlocking of all songs, etc.). It is unfortunate that we had to (again, hopefully momentarily) stop making public builds since our fork of butterfly, although primarily envisioned for offline use, offers a very rich level of support and experience for DDR that goes the extra mile, in fact way beyond the essentials. Nonetheless, I have huge respect for all the maintainers/owners of the 3rd-party online servers. Putting up a server to function online where there a lot of users is in fact a stressful thing to do (on top of the fact this is purely voluntary plus volunteering material and non-material resources to maintain it). I am amazed at not only your work, but also your dedication for doing this. I am a patron of some of these 3rd-party servers too.

I personally hope that things will eventually turn out for the better because I am still very excited in helping others as you have seen me do. Let us hope for the best and make this a learning lesson as we move forward.

screenshot-1628849849.png

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

In a world where all of this hard work is purely voluntary (i.e. "I have a life, I have a family, I have a job too"), only kind words are what one would consider "fruits of labor" and hearing/reading them feels so rewarding.

Butterfly (our fork) has gone a long way. What initially started out as an individual project (a.k.a. "topet's butterfly"), eventually became a small group's project. On that note, this small group of individuals do not look at, nor weigh, their contributions in the quantitative sense. The fact of the matter is, there is mutual dependency in the contributions that went into (our fork of) butterfly in its current state, such that a missing piece/contribution by any single one in this group couldn't have made butterfly "whole" all by himself. In this sense, our contributions are weighted qualitatively and hence, as I personally see it, all are equal and therefore all individuals in this small group have equal stake for decisions involving this fork of butterfly.

These are the people who have helped make butterfly what it is today: @tw3nz0r @bman @Towlesy27 @Sirk @One Eternal Ash @kanor

And of course, @skogaby who is the original author of butterfly. I've only had a chance to talk to him a few times and learn a thing or two. But that simple act is what enabled and fueled me to embark on this journey.

This decision to (hopefully, momentarily) stop openly supporting the use of butterfly with DDR Arcade (Ripped) Data is a very painful decision, at least for me personally, because - and again, this is in no way undermining the group that made it for what it is today - the fact remains that it started as an individual person's project. As such I would almost say that this is my "baby" project. And as "small" of a project as it may be in the eyes of the more technically inclined, I unfortunately was "technically handicapped" throughout this entire journey, so whatever "little achievement" you can see (from the eyes of a technical person) is actually a milestone and a source of pride for me.

I am not about to be hypocritical about all of this because at the end of the day we know what "THIS" is. Do know that I personally took it with a heavy heart to make this decision. But I think, for the preservation of the greater good who will and should benefit in the long run, I believe that this decision has to be made.

Out of my love for the work that has been done, and out of consideration for the many others who try their best to help with the sustainability of making this game available, I am going to release a "final goodbye" public build (hopefully, goodbye only for now). This build is enough to last you up to any 2020-dated package, and will cease to fully function when the 2021-dated packages are leaked to the public (or when you use our butterfly fork on any 2021-dated builds).

In the meantime, you may use other 3rd-party online servers which provide the essentials for enjoying the game (score saving/tracking, score rivalry, force-unlocking of all songs, etc.). It is unfortunate that we had to (again, hopefully momentarily) stop making public builds since our fork of butterfly, although primarily envisioned for offline use, offers a very rich level of support and experience for DDR that goes the extra mile, in fact way beyond the essentials. Nonetheless, I have huge respect for all the maintainers/owners of the 3rd-party online servers. Putting up a server to function online where there a lot of users is in fact a stressful thing to do (on top of the fact this is purely voluntary plus volunteering material and non-material resources to maintain it). I am amazed at not only your work, but also your dedication for doing this. I am a patron of some of these 3rd-party servers too.

I personally hope that things will eventually turn out for the better because I am still very excited in helping others as you have seen me do. Let us hope for the best and make this a learning lesson as we move forward.

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

On 5/25/2021 at 11:33 AM, topet2k12001 said:

Must be something with your computer or your connection/network which is already out of scope from this thread, sorry.

Let me try to upload somewhere else; after all it's just 90-something MB and already made public as per the previous post.

Here you go:

Google Drive

MEGA
Mediafire

OneDrive

THANK YOU!!

hace 23 horas, NoctsRanun dijo:

Have you fully downloaded 2019090300 and 2020020300 files?

I downloaded 2020020300 from Nyaa and it works fine. I upgraded it with the 20200317 torrent and it works fine, except for some songs that don't appear, such as Bee or HyperTwist

hace 2 horas, DonGuilty dijo:

I downloaded 2020020300 from Nyaa and it works fine. I upgraded it with the 20200317 torrent and it works fine, except for some songs that don't appear, such as Bee or HyperTwist

Hypertwist its only avaible on DDR A20 PLUS (MDX 2020070100) 

1 hour ago, santiago97 said:

Hypertwist its only avaible on DDR A20 PLUS (MDX 2020070100) 

There's HyperTwist in the 20200317 dump. Maybe some of the selected songs from PLUS are the ones in the dump right now.

Modifié par NoctsRanun

14 hours ago, DonGuilty said:

HyperTwist works for me, but Bee/Bi (び) isn't there in one of the files in the 20200317 dump.

Modifié par NoctsRanun

On 4/28/2021 at 2:44 PM, topet2k12001 said:

So I was typing to edit my original message, but I'll just continue here:

Without physical card: the caveat here is that the game only recognizes whatever "card number" is written in card0.txt (for Player 1 side) and/or card1.txt (for Player 2 side). So if you have more players, you'd have to rename the existing card0.txt and card1.txt...and then generate new ones. Not too convenient if you plan to use your rig publicly/with multiple players/profiles. This approach is not a problem if you're the only player of the game/machine (which is the case for most people here).

With physical card: SpiceCompanion dynamically "adds" as many new cards that you register on it so this is the behavior closest to the arcade/official DDR. It can "remember" even a combination of physical and virtual cards. I believe SpiceCompanion also allows you to emulate a "swipe" in the case of a "virtual/generated" card number. Give it a try.

To visualize, here's my SpiceCompanion. See that it's a combination of actual e-Amusement and "virtual" cards.

Screenshot-20210429-024034.jpg

Yes, once a swipe is detected, the game automatically starts. It's the same case even with "virtual" cards as well as physical cards, and in the official DDR cab/arcade. If a "swipe" is detected first, you don't have to manually press the Start button anymore.

So, I've figured it out after testing! Wanted to reply back with findings.

Scanners actually work with proper eAmusement card. It also natively works with -scard enabled, at least on Windows 10 - no drivers required.

I had attempted to configure a blank NFC card with my card ID, but did not get it to successfully function (yet)..

I play on Player 2, and it did not work. I then realized that this requires TWO readers for -scardflip to properly validate. But it does when both are connected/detected.

So to get this 'full' experience working, you will need:

1x eAmusement card

2x NFC scanners (I ordered this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KEGQFYY?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details)

With this you will have an awesome, life-like startup process.

For bonus points I recommend this keypad mounted to the side of the machine. I use it to replicate both the arrows and numpad for pin (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FFLNF5C?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details)

Invité pet.ddrextreme
On 10/24/2020 at 12:43 AM, topet2k12001 said:

Hi,

Send the entire log please, not just a portion of it. Attach the file.

successfully played DDR A20 with ea amusement paseli but only 1st stage

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

On 5/27/2021 at 7:28 PM, DonGuilty said:

I can't seem to get any of the new content to show up from the 2020031700 update. I used a copy of my working 2020020300 data as a base and have gone through copying in the data twice to make sure.

I know the update did something as "DDR Selection" is missing from the sort menu now...but not seeing anything new.

Any ideas?

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

5 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

NOTE: this post has been added into the FAQ at the first post/1st page of this thread

For those having problems making the new songs from 2020-03-17 appear:

Here is a "fixed" file (startup.arc). use this instead of the one provided with the zip package (also as a recommendation, back up your existing copy of this file).

Notes:

1. There are 3 songs that are actually part of an "event" in DDR A20 PLUS (Summer Dance Camp 2020). I didn't remove the "locks" from these songs. Instead, I updated the "1.2.3_InsertEventData.sql" file that you need to load into your butterfly.sqlite (see #2 below for the process). This way, the "unlocking" of these 3 songs happens via the database instead of a "hard unlock."

2. To "load" the new event (Summer Dance Camp 2020) into your butterfly.sqlite database (and thereby unlocking the 3 songs ):
    1. download the following:
      • 1.2.3_InsertEventData.sql (this is the information to be imported onto your butterfly.sqlite database; I already updated this)
      • sqlite3.exe (this is the SQLite program; the sql.bat script below depends on this to function)
      • sql.bat (this is a one-click command-line Batch script that will import the new event onto your butterfly.sqlite database)
    2. Place all three files in the same folder where your butterfly.sqlite is located (typically, in the "contents" folder)
    3. Double-click sql.bat
    4. Done.

3. The remaining 6 songs in the package are "hard unlocked" (meaning they were unlocked directly) since they are not part of any "event."

Fully appreciated ^^

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

6 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

Which DDR? There is no "Edit Mode" in DDR Ace onwards. The arcade machine/cabinet itself does not even have a USB port.

DDR X2 X3 2013 and 2014 (2015)

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001