Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution [A20] [A20 PLUS] [A3] [World] (Konami)

topet2k12001
Go to solution Solved by Gliss,

Messages recommandés

2 hours ago, axel093 said:

Lol that's a mix of Inori's theme, and my plus theme, I've made that gold background video editing the blue one released on youtube. XD

Problem i have with stepmaina is it never feels like the real arcade data. Timing always seems different. DDR hasn't had boo or almost in a long time but the themes all seem to leave it on

hace 8 horas, johnboyjr dijo:

Problem i have with stepmaina is it never feels like the real arcade data. Timing always seems different. DDR hasn't had boo or almost in a long time but the themes all seem to leave it on

Mine doesn't have boo, check the gameplay,

11 hours ago, axel093 said:

Lol that's a mix of Inori's theme, and my plus theme, I've made that gold background video editing the blue one released on youtube. XD

It was supposed to be like that, as I was editing Inori's theme with matching assets either dumped directly or found in other themes so...

Yeah.

17 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Make sure you extracted ddr_smut in the correct location and you are running ddr_scat from the correct location. Otherwise, the script will fail and will just exit. Refer to the wiki for guidance.

https://github.com/topet2k12001/butterfly/wiki/07-Enabling-the-Additional-Dancing-Characters

no sill get the  ERROR

Does anyone have the hex address for audio offset on MDX-001-2020020300? The older posts show the previous address. I managed to find the default values under 0x0001D2A0, however, no matter what I change it to, there appears to be no difference, it is still late.

Any advice?

Hello folks

I did have the game up and running, but for some reason, it died, and would only boot to a white screen and close. I gave up trying to fix it and just started over. Only now I can't get it to run at all, even following all of the instructions. My log file is attached. I'd appreciate any help you can give. I've tried to join the discord server but I am getting the 'messages failed to load' error right now. Typical!

Thanks again.

log.txt

On 3/27/2021 at 6:59 AM, topet2k12001 said:

In the first page/first post of this thread, look for FAQ Q20. I have already provided the hex edits.

Tips:

1. Take note that when playing in "Blue Cab" Mode this hex edit doesn't have an effect. The "sound offset" will not change. I only see this hex edit having an effect in "Gold Cab" Mode.
  2. I personally noticed that starting 20200203, adjustments are not needed BOTH in "Blue Cab" and "Gold Cab" Modes. They seem to be in sync by default. If you are experiencing off-sync issues, it may be caused by your video card or its settings...or your monitor/TV screen having too high of a refresh rate (higher than 60 fps causes sync issues). Also avoid using wireless connections e.g. wireless speakers and the like.
  3. You're possibly adjusting "in the wrong direction." Bigger number = the sound will become late (so the arrows will feel too early). Smaller number = the sound will become early (so the arrows will feel too late). Remember that this is "sound offset" not "arrow/note offset," so make sure that your adjustments are from the point-of-view of the sound/music.
  4. When testing, you should stick to only the same song and the same difficulty when testing/changing the offset so that you can feel the difference more objectively.
  5. When testing, you are "visually" forcing yourself to time the arrows instead of just following the timing of the sound. Remember that you adjusted "sound offset" so your basis of timing should be the sound and not the arrows. Of course you will need to watch the arrows but in terms of timing them, you should base it on the sound/music. If you force yourself to time the arrows visually, then you wouldn't know whether the adjustment you made was sufficient or not. Worse, you may feel as if nothing has changed.
  6. Enable "FAST/SLOW" marks. They are very helpful "telling" you whether you are close enough to your adjustment. Play the same song/difficulty maybe for 2 rounds so that would be 6 to 8 times. Make sure to take a screenshot each time. After 6 to 8 times, review the screenshots and you will see where the "sync" is falling consistently whether it is biased on "FAST" or biased on "SLOW" - what you want is that your "FAST" and "SLOW" marks are almost well-balanced and that's the indicator that you have found the best "sync" offset. It's a long process if you really want to find the proper sync but it's well worth it. But again as I have said and as you can see below, on 20200203 you shouldn't need to make adjustments. If there are off-sync issues the cause is in your hardware (rhythm games are very finicky with the hardware being used).
  7. There are a few alternatives to try:
    • Use ddrhax (read up about it in the first page/first post)
    • Make the adjustments directly in the Confguration Bank file (inside startup.arc)

Update:

To be sure, I personally performed a simple test/experiment: Using 20200203, I intentionally changed my "sound offset" from the default of 105 ms (69 in hex), to 40ms (28 in hex).

Again to recall:

Higher/bigger number = sound will become late (arrows will feel early as an effect)

Lower/smaller number = sound will become early (arrows will feel late as an effect)

Here is the result (I changed it from 105ms default, to 40ms):

screenshot-1616828633.png

The result is what we expect: because I changed the sound to be too early, the arrows are timed "late" as an effect. See that practically all of my steps are judged as "SLOW" and almost all are "GREAT" only.

Next, I reverted it back to the default "sound offset" which is 105ms (69 in hex) and tried the same song, same difficulty. Here is the result:

screenshot-1616829339.png

Again, the result is as expected. The timing is back to normal. Also notice that my "FAST" and "SLOW" counts are almost evenly balanced (meaning almost the same number of "FAST" and "SLOW" counts), which is an indicator that the game is properly synced.

Again as a reminder: on 20200203 there is no need to make adjustments even in Gold Cab Mode, as you can see in my screenshot above.

When I make adjustments to the render offset and the sound offset in Blue Mode, I absolutely notice a change.  The default always seemed off.  But if I set either offset to say 250 for example, the arrows are way way way off.   For reference the hex edits I do are done on the parts ending in D2A0 and D363 for my build.

I personally would run gold cab mode if the graphics didn't appear to be lower res on my TCL LCD versus blue mode, but there is definitely a change when changing these offset values in my case.  I am out of the country until May so I cannot prove this directly at the moment.  I just wanted to mention it for those who feel its off in blue mode that my experience these changes still apply.  Another factor in testing is diffrerent individual songs have different levels of sync, where one song I can get 50 fast 50 slow and another I can get 2 fast 98 slow without an offset change.

Finally, for whatever reasons you guys decide to provide these files and guides, I wanted to say thank you so much for all your work and help.  If there is anyway to support the project please let me know.

Modifié par Sheikster
added hex edit locations i use

Thank you topet, what you stated appears true for me. I was running in Blue cab mode, after switching it to Gold cab the timing was WAY better.

I believe the sound offsets are good but the arrow offsets are off. This is evidence by the fact that if I just go based on sound I'm fine, but when I pure sight-read, it's consistently very off.

Just editing my post as I have things working now. I believe the issue was due to me not commenting out a section in the ea3 file, as this seems to have done the trick. Although I'm confused, because I'm almost certain I didn't do it the first time haha. Oh well!

Modifié par plasticmouse
Fixed issue

42 minutes ago, NoctsRanun said:

Where did you find the Gold BGA?

RTFM FAQ on page 1 of thread ?

Q12: I want to switch to "Gold Cab Mode;" how do I do this?

A: As of this writing, the latest release of SpiceTools (October 13, 2020) has a built-in "Patches" tab where users can simply toggle some checkboxes for enabling/disabling some non-standard behavior of the game. This is the most convenient method so far that doesn't involve having to manually perform some hackery (hackery is still involved but SpiceTools just makes it convenient).

3 minutes ago, Onkel said:

RTFM FAQ on page 1 of thread ?

Q12: I want to switch to "Gold Cab Mode;" how do I do this?

A: As of this writing, the latest release of SpiceTools (October 13, 2020) has a built-in "Patches" tab where users can simply toggle some checkboxes for enabling/disabling some non-standard behavior of the game. This is the most convenient method so far that doesn't involve having to manually perform some hackery (hackery is still involved but SpiceTools just makes it convenient).

I mean, I'm talking about the Gold PLUS BGA (complete edit, not from Sparsus'). I'm not talking about "switching to Gold Cab Mode", just the BGA only.

Modifié par NoctsRanun

hace 7 horas, NoctsRanun dijo:

I mean, I'm talking about the Gold PLUS BGA (complete edit, not from Sparsus'). I'm not talking about "switching to Gold Cab Mode", just the BGA only.

Well, It's mine, the edited one. XD I'm Sparsus. 

😉

Modifié par axel093

hace 18 horas, NoctsRanun dijo:

Oh, hey there Sparsus~ I was playing SM5 using the (incomplete) Gold Plus BGA via Gold theme, but now I discovered that the Gold Plus BGA is fully complete. How come? :/

It's not the real gold bga, it's just and edited version that I made usin the blue one. 

Hello,

In a world where all of this hard work is purely voluntary (i.e. "I have a life, I have a family, I have a job too"), only kind words are what one would consider "fruits of labor" and hearing/reading them feels so rewarding.

Butterfly (our fork) has gone a long way. What initially started out as an individual project (a.k.a. "topet's butterfly"), eventually became a small group's project. On that note, this small group of individuals do not look at, nor weigh, their contributions in the quantitative sense. The fact of the matter is, there is mutual dependency in the contributions that went into (our fork of) butterfly in its current state, such that a missing piece/contribution by any single one in this group couldn't have made butterfly "whole" all by himself. In this sense, our contributions are weighted qualitatively and hence, as I personally see it, all are equal and therefore all individuals in this small group have equal stake for decisions involving this fork of butterfly.

These are the people who have helped make butterfly what it is today: @tw3nz0r @bman @Towlesy27 @Sirk @One Eternal Ash @kanor

And of course, @skogaby who is the original author of butterfly. I've only had a chance to talk to him a few times and learn a thing or two. But that simple act is what enabled and fueled me to embark on this journey.

This decision to (hopefully, momentarily) stop openly supporting the use of butterfly with DDR Arcade (Ripped) Data is a very painful decision, at least for me personally, because - and again, this is in no way undermining the group that made it for what it is today - the fact remains that it started as an individual person's project. As such I would almost say that this is my "baby" project. And as "small" of a project as it may be in the eyes of the more technically inclined, I unfortunately was "technically handicapped" throughout this entire journey, so whatever "little achievement" you can see (from the eyes of a technical person) is actually a milestone and a source of pride for me.

I am not about to be hypocritical about all of this because at the end of the day we know what "THIS" is. Do know that I personally took it with a heavy heart to make this decision. But I think, for the preservation of the greater good who will and should benefit in the long run, I believe that this decision has to be made.

Out of my love for the work that has been done, and out of consideration for the many others who try their best to help with the sustainability of making this game available, I am going to release a "final goodbye" public build (hopefully, goodbye only for now). This build is enough to last you up to any 2020-dated package, and will cease to fully function when the 2021-dated packages are leaked to the public (or when you use our butterfly fork on any 2021-dated builds).

In the meantime, you may use other 3rd-party online servers which provide the essentials for enjoying the game (score saving/tracking, score rivalry, force-unlocking of all songs, etc.). It is unfortunate that we had to (again, hopefully momentarily) stop making public builds since our fork of butterfly, although primarily envisioned for offline use, offers a very rich level of support and experience for DDR that goes the extra mile, in fact way beyond the essentials. Nonetheless, I have huge respect for all the maintainers/owners of the 3rd-party online servers. Putting up a server to function online where there a lot of users is in fact a stressful thing to do (on top of the fact this is purely voluntary plus volunteering material and non-material resources to maintain it). I am amazed at not only your work, but also your dedication for doing this. I am a patron of some of these 3rd-party servers too.

I personally hope that things will eventually turn out for the better because I am still very excited in helping others as you have seen me do. Let us hope for the best and make this a learning lesson as we move forward.

screenshot-1628849849.png

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

hace 19 minutos, ldilly dijo:

Soooooooooooooo.......I was able to get the game to run following the video provided (THANK SO MUCH!!!), but Some of the song sit at the loading screen showing the album art. HELP PLZ!!

image.png.c15ccfbd8b8d164a09de86580055fe47.png

you need instal mpeg codecs (k lite codec pack full)

I installed the A20 torrent data in my Cab and it looks to be booting and playing correctly.

I noticed two pairs of DECO*27 songs have the same cover jacket images, though.

I used arcutil to extract the jacket_thumbnails and the images in the files I have are definitely repeated.

"妄想感傷代償連盟" (Mousou Kanshou Daishou Renmei)   in A20     mkdr_tn.dds

"ライアーダンス" (Liar Dance)   in A20     liar_tn.dds

"毒占欲" (Dokusenyoku)   in A20    doku_tn.dds

"妄想税" (Mousou Zei)    in A       mous_tn.dds

Does anyone know what might be causing this or if the data is meant to be this way...?

Images attached.

[edit: removed images]

Modifié par aoiddr
updated with more info.

13 hours ago, ldilly said:

Soooooooooooooo.......I was able to get the game to run following the video provided (THANK SO MUCH!!!), but Some of the song sit at the loading screen showing the album art. HELP PLZ!!

image.png.c15ccfbd8b8d164a09de86580055fe47.png

Do you have done Register the file??

Hello,

In a world where all of this hard work is purely voluntary (i.e. "I have a life, I have a family, I have a job too"), only kind words are what one would consider "fruits of labor" and hearing/reading them feels so rewarding.

Butterfly (our fork) has gone a long way. What initially started out as an individual project (a.k.a. "topet's butterfly"), eventually became a small group's project. On that note, this small group of individuals do not look at, nor weigh, their contributions in the quantitative sense. The fact of the matter is, there is mutual dependency in the contributions that went into (our fork of) butterfly in its current state, such that a missing piece/contribution by any single one in this group couldn't have made butterfly "whole" all by himself. In this sense, our contributions are weighted qualitatively and hence, as I personally see it, all are equal and therefore all individuals in this small group have equal stake for decisions involving this fork of butterfly.

These are the people who have helped make butterfly what it is today: @tw3nz0r @bman @Towlesy27 @Sirk @One Eternal Ash @kanor

And of course, @skogaby who is the original author of butterfly. I've only had a chance to talk to him a few times and learn a thing or two. But that simple act is what enabled and fueled me to embark on this journey.

This decision to (hopefully, momentarily) stop openly supporting the use of butterfly with DDR Arcade (Ripped) Data is a very painful decision, at least for me personally, because - and again, this is in no way undermining the group that made it for what it is today - the fact remains that it started as an individual person's project. As such I would almost say that this is my "baby" project. And as "small" of a project as it may be in the eyes of the more technically inclined, I unfortunately was "technically handicapped" throughout this entire journey, so whatever "little achievement" you can see (from the eyes of a technical person) is actually a milestone and a source of pride for me.

I am not about to be hypocritical about all of this because at the end of the day we know what "THIS" is. Do know that I personally took it with a heavy heart to make this decision. But I think, for the preservation of the greater good who will and should benefit in the long run, I believe that this decision has to be made.

Out of my love for the work that has been done, and out of consideration for the many others who try their best to help with the sustainability of making this game available, I am going to release a "final goodbye" public build (hopefully, goodbye only for now). This build is enough to last you up to any 2020-dated package, and will cease to fully function when the 2021-dated packages are leaked to the public (or when you use our butterfly fork on any 2021-dated builds).

In the meantime, you may use other 3rd-party online servers which provide the essentials for enjoying the game (score saving/tracking, score rivalry, force-unlocking of all songs, etc.). It is unfortunate that we had to (again, hopefully momentarily) stop making public builds since our fork of butterfly, although primarily envisioned for offline use, offers a very rich level of support and experience for DDR that goes the extra mile, in fact way beyond the essentials. Nonetheless, I have huge respect for all the maintainers/owners of the 3rd-party online servers. Putting up a server to function online where there a lot of users is in fact a stressful thing to do (on top of the fact this is purely voluntary plus volunteering material and non-material resources to maintain it). I am amazed at not only your work, but also your dedication for doing this. I am a patron of some of these 3rd-party servers too.

I personally hope that things will eventually turn out for the better because I am still very excited in helping others as you have seen me do. Let us hope for the best and make this a learning lesson as we move forward.

screenshot-1628849849.png

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

En 10-04-2021 a las 1:28, aoiddr dijo:

I installed the A20 torrent data in my Cab and it looks to be booting and playing correctly.

I noticed two pairs of DECO*27 songs have the same cover jacket images, though.

I used arcutil to extract the jacket_thumbnails and the images in the files I have are definitely repeated.

"妄想感傷代償連盟" (Mousou Kanshou Daishou Renmei)   in A20     mkdr_tn.dds

"ライアーダンス" (Liar Dance)   in A20     liar_tn.dds

"毒占欲" (Dokusenyoku)   in A20    doku_tn.dds

"妄想税" (Mousou Zei)    in A       mous_tn.dds

Does anyone know what might be causing this or if the data is meant to be this way...?

Images attached.

_ddr_2.jpg

_ddr_1.jpg

You are a very trusty person 😏 dat CRT 👍 the way meant to be played