Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution [A20] [A20 PLUS] [A3] [World] (Konami)

topet2k12001
Go to solution Solved by Gliss,

Messages recommandés

On 9/1/2024 at 7:56 AM, makoflagkk said:

I know. I hope someone can fork that plugin in the future that fixes those problems. Some did fork it but I don't think they touched on the issue of that. They added galaxy play and a WebUI interface. I just gotta be patient.

Glisses made a lot of changes but didn’t fix the main issue I am looking for? But it’s all good. I just like my ddr experience to be as authentic as possible. 

If you want authentic as possible, a hosted server with everything working that has other players might be a better option than just running a plugin that is just meant to get you playing the songs. 

The  issue you're talking about is related to ghostdata_load. It makes sense that whoever wrote the original version of this plugin doesn't play DDR, as I think some things in the code were not fully understood. There are even comments in the code about it that the person who wrote it left saying they don't know what certain things do because they don't play DDR. 

Anyway, the error is in score_str. It looks like the plugin sends the ex score down instead of the primary key of the score, so when ghostdata_load is called the score doesn't exist and you don't get your previous score differences. I can push a fix soon.

EDIT:

Ok here you go makoflagkk, here is an update that kind of makes ghost data load.... The problem with this is that its only going to load 1 ghost data per song and wont really work properly if you have scores on more than one difficulty, as the lookup on ghostdataload in this plugin code does it by refid and mcode, which is not the correct way to implement this because the difficulty is not requested during ghostdata_load. it is supposed to be a unique score ID that can be looked up in the database and the chart determined by the difficulty stored with the score object that is being looked up. Here is the small code change I made that will fudge it for now: 

https://github.com/mcalfin/asphyxia_plugins/commit/6cfae14003d5c0b4ec61f230c323bf57b8561b8b

Unfortunately, to really fix the problem the ghost data saving method has to be refactored. The ghost data itself really didn't need to be in its own table and is currently stored with the user's refid and the mcode of the song without a unique ID for the ghost data linked to the score itself. This is a problem because each chart needs to have its own ghost data that is saved under a unique ID that the game requests the server lookup during ghostdata_load. Realistically the ghost data should just move into the score object but that is going to break all of the existing scores created by the plugin in its current state. without some proper database migrations (which im not sure asphxyia supports) it will be difficult to preserve any existing ghost data after refactoring it properly. 

I recommend using a reliable public network for this reason. These things are usually thought out ahead of time before an implementation goes live by someone who actually plays the game. Not trying to knock the efforts by others to provide for the community, but most networks that take things seriously have a dba so if major things need to change like this, data migration is done properly on the backend to prevent losing scores. when the scores are stored locally on your computer and a code change is made to a public repo that affects the models, it has the potential to break everything and no one can be held response except yourself. 

Modifié par Gliss

On 9/5/2024 at 10:22 PM, piotr25691 said:

Do you imply that updating WORLD from the initial dump by applying cumulative patches that have been leaked causes this problem?

Weird.

I'm gonna say yes. What with the startup. arcs being toyed around with is why some people are running into issues 

On 9/5/2024 at 10:22 PM, piotr25691 said:

Modifié par Megamanny

On 9/6/2024 at 9:50 AM, Megamanny said:

I'm gonna say yes. What with the startup. arcs being toyed around with is why some people are running into issues 

So I guess this does have to do with the data being tampared with. Because I remember when DDR A3 launched the data was untouched when it came to here it remained vanilla meaning in its original state. I guess that's why it's so hard to replicate the ghost data shown in A3. Because it is not offical data. It is converting  sm files to ssq files and jackets xwb, xsb, thumbnails. And the person who did fork the plugin didn't really know how ddr works. And also like you said WORLD did not come by itself. It was patched from A3 so that could cause some problems too.

• Solution
13 hours ago, NoctsRanun said:

It does, if you need it bundled (mind the fixed startup.arc lol) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mGekJg2NZ_0DgR0w3foPvf7ZwKKA1382/view?usp=drivesdk

This isn't really "fixed" as much as it is hacked and tampered with. I recommend updating the Asphyxia plugin with the new XML instead of hacking the game if thats how people are playing and just using the original startup.arc unmodified. I have run into stability issues with modified dll and arc files after 4+ hours of the game running. Maybe its fine if you start and stop the game when you go to play, but I personally leave my machine running all day and don't ever turn it off. 

Also there are songs in the data that are missing from this startup.arc

EDIT: 

Update the plugin. This is all we need to do for asphyxia to load new songs:

https://github.com/22vv0/asphyxia_plugins/commit/d1f46b47e82bfb15d0feb49f35a2a757c1dcba8e

Just add them to this XML here with placeholder difficulties to unlock. I updated the 5 songs that were released with proper difficulties, the rest are placeholders just to unlock the song until we know what the real difficulties are. 

Here is the link to the updated branch: https://github.com/mcalfin/asphyxia_plugins/tree/mdx

Modifié par Gliss

3 hours ago, Gliss said:

This isn't really "fixed" as much as it is hacked and tampered with. I recommend updating the Asphyxia plugin with the new XML instead of hacking the game if thats how people are playing and just using the original startup.arc unmodified. I have run into stability issues with modified dll and arc files after 4+ hours of the game running. Maybe its fine if you start and stop the game when you go to play, but I personally leave my machine running all day and don't ever turn it off. 

Also there are songs in the data that are missing from this startup.arc

EDIT: 

Update the plugin. This is all we need to do for asphyxia to load new songs:

https://github.com/22vv0/asphyxia_plugins/commit/d1f46b47e82bfb15d0feb49f35a2a757c1dcba8e

Just add them to this XML here with placeholder difficulties to unlock. I updated the 5 songs that were released with proper difficulties, the rest are placeholders just to unlock the song until we know what the real difficulties are. 

Here is the link to the updated branch: https://github.com/mcalfin/asphyxia_plugins/tree/mdx

Wait, the musicdb.xml has generated and encoded song levels?

28 minutes ago, NoctsRanun said:

Wait, the musicdb.xml has generated and encoded song levels?

No, the official musicdb.xml has the difficulties all set to 255 to indicate the chart exists, and 0 to indicate it does not exist, and that is all. Difficulties are sent down to the game from the eamuse server. Some songs appear to be hardcoded in the case of offline play so that the game isnt completely dead in an arcade offline. I do not believe they did this for any reason other than the flare skill rank is calculated based on your top 30 scores from each category which uses the difficulty of the chart to determine how many points you are awarded plus your flare clear rank. This gives them the ability to change difficulties on the fly remotely without every machine needing an update for difficulty changes, which would leave some people confused if they were calculated locally and went to play on a machine that hasnt updated and calculates a different score than what they'd expect. 

The startup.arc you posted has the 5 new songs they released yesterday, but there are a total of 13 in the actual data. It's much less of a pain if we just leave startup.arc alone and modify the xml on the asphyxia plugin as needed or wait til the server you're using imports the songs properly (otherwise scores wont save)

On 9/7/2024 at 7:20 AM, makoflagkk said:

So I guess this does have to do with the data being tampared with. Because I remember when DDR A3 launched the data was untouched when it came to here it remained vanilla meaning in its original state. I guess that's why it's so hard to replicate the ghost data shown in A3. Because it is not offical data. It is converting  sm files to ssq files and jackets xwb, xsb, thumbnails. And the person who did fork the plugin didn't really know how ddr works. And also like you said WORLD did not come by itself. It was patched from A3 so that could cause some problems too.

Whatever you're talking about has nothing to do with the ghost data. Ghost data is working perfectly fine if you use a public server that supports world like http://services.eamuse.network it will work as expected.

The asphyxia plugin was written poorly for  how ghost data needs to be handled from the client. I just don't think the original author of the plugin understood what the ghost data was and how it was loaded. I could rewrite it but to be honest its not really my priority right now and rewriting it might also cause issues with your existing data because changes will need to be made to the models in the local database for it to work. 

Modifié par Gliss

Hi guys, just tried a few minutes ago the latest asphixia plugin for mdx 2024091000 with the clean startup.arc you recommended đź‘Ť

Everything work just fine, but i cant see any event or any of the new songs from the update ..

Any helps? I was really curious to try them out 

23 hours ago, Gliss said:

No, the official musicdb.xml has the difficulties all set to 255 to indicate the chart exists, and 0 to indicate it does not exist, and that is all. Difficulties are sent down to the game from the eamuse server. Some songs appear to be hardcoded in the case of offline play so that the game isnt completely dead in an arcade offline. I do not believe they did this for any reason other than the flare skill rank is calculated based on your top 30 scores from each category which uses the difficulty of the chart to determine how many points you are awarded plus your flare clear rank. This gives them the ability to change difficulties on the fly remotely without every machine needing an update for difficulty changes, which would leave some people confused if they were calculated locally and went to play on a machine that hasnt updated and calculates a different score than what they'd expect. 

The startup.arc you posted has the 5 new songs they released yesterday, but there are a total of 13 in the actual data. It's much less of a pain if we just leave startup.arc alone and modify the xml on the asphyxia plugin as needed or wait til the server you're using imports the songs properly (otherwise scores wont save)

Whatever you're talking about has nothing to do with the ghost data. Ghost data is working perfectly fine if you use a public server that supports world like http://services.eamuse.network it will work as expected.

The asphyxia plugin was written poorly for  how ghost data needs to be handled from the client. I just don't think the original author of the plugin understood what the ghost data was and how it was loaded. I could rewrite it but to be honest its not really my priority right now and rewriting it might also cause issues with your existing data because changes will need to be made to the models in the local database for it to work. 

Because 5 songs have official song levels according to the game. Why do random if the rest of the leaked songs haven't gotten their official levels yet? We're still in the middle of hassling though....

1 minute ago, NoctsRanun said:

For those of you wondering why the xsb and xwb files of esco (aka Electronic Sports Complex) is in one of the files of the September data is because there are slight adjustments in the volume and less compression.

#BUFFEDESCO

20240914_105718.jpg

As far as pacing/ghost data not working properly in Asphyxia, it doesn't work properly on an actual machine either. I've had several times where I had a score already and my pacer didn't show up, or where my pacer acted like it was pacing me to a zero score so I was plus by the amount of my money score at the end of the song. It's likely a game issue and not anything that can be fixed server side.

On 9/13/2024 at 4:08 PM, NoctsRanun said:

Because 5 songs have official song levels according to the game. Why do random if the rest of the leaked songs haven't gotten their official levels yet? We're still in the middle of hassling though....

Because the other option is to not unlock them? If you want them to show up, they need to have a level.... It's either random/guessed levels, or you don't play them at all.

7 hours ago, nifterific said:

As far as pacing/ghost data not working properly in Asphyxia, it doesn't work properly on an actual machine either. I've had several times where I had a score already and my pacer didn't show up, or where my pacer acted like it was pacing me to a zero score so I was plus by the amount of my money score at the end of the song. It's likely a game issue and not anything that can be fixed server side.

Are you saying that the ghost data doesn't work on official eamuse? I definitely have ghost data working and have verified that it works in world on my server. I'm certain I can fix it in asphyxia but I don't currently have the time to focus on it.

Modifié par Gliss

Ghost data works I would say like 99% of the time on official machines. I’ve just had several instances of it not working right like I described. It’s existed for a while, you can see it on Dr.D’s Megalovania video from A3.

At the end his pacer shows him at +999,970 which is his end score so it paced him as if the record was 0. This same bug exists in DDR World as well as no pacer appearing when you set a target score. 

On 9/11/2024 at 5:26 PM, NoctsRanun said:

Yeah, the PS5 Pro troll one lol

Maybe it's named like this so that people don't know it's yet another cumulative update for WORLD that should be striked by Konami or something lol

20 hours ago, nifterific said:

Still calling the score "Money Score" as if you're playing an old version of IIDX? lmao

4 hours ago, piotr25691 said:

Still calling the score "Money Score" as if you're playing an old version of IIDX? lmao

https://remywiki.com/Money_Score

“Sometimes, the score out of 1,000,000 that you achieve on a song in the DanceDanceRevolution series is also called by players "money score" in order to differentiate it from EX Score.”

And the term has applied to DDR a lot

longer than SN2 (the first game that scored out of 1,000,000). We were definitely saying it back in the Max-Extreme days to differentiate between score and grade since score was weighted so steps later in a song were worth more points and we knew the game had an invisible “dance points” score it used to calculate your grade (not the same as Oni scoring that went on to become EX score). 

22 hours ago, nifterific said:

https://remywiki.com/Money_Score

“Sometimes, the score out of 1,000,000 that you achieve on a song in the DanceDanceRevolution series is also called by players "money score" in order to differentiate it from EX Score.”

And the term has applied to DDR a lot

longer than SN2 (the first game that scored out of 1,000,000). We were definitely saying it back in the Max-Extreme days to differentiate between score and grade since score was weighted so steps later in a song were worth more points and we knew the game had an invisible “dance points” score it used to calculate your grade (not the same as Oni scoring that went on to become EX score). 

I would never call a score out of a set maximum a "Money Score" unless i'm playing a really old IIDX game where they were pretending that the score was the $$$ you earned in the "DJ gig"

That's some old terminology right here