Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution [A20] [A20 PLUS] [A3] [World] (Konami)

topet2k12001
Go to solution Solved by Gliss,

Messages recommandés

Hello,

In a world where all of this hard work is purely voluntary (i.e. "I have a life, I have a family, I have a job too"), only kind words are what one would consider "fruits of labor" and hearing/reading them feels so rewarding.

Butterfly (our fork) has gone a long way. What initially started out as an individual project (a.k.a. "topet's butterfly"), eventually became a small group's project. On that note, this small group of individuals do not look at, nor weigh, their contributions in the quantitative sense. The fact of the matter is, there is mutual dependency in the contributions that went into (our fork of) butterfly in its current state, such that a missing piece/contribution by any single one in this group couldn't have made butterfly "whole" all by himself. In this sense, our contributions are weighted qualitatively and hence, as I personally see it, all are equal and therefore all individuals in this small group have equal stake for decisions involving this fork of butterfly.

These are the people who have helped make butterfly what it is today: @tw3nz0r @bman @Towlesy27 @Sirk @One Eternal Ash @kanor

And of course, @skogaby who is the original author of butterfly. I've only had a chance to talk to him a few times and learn a thing or two. But that simple act is what enabled and fueled me to embark on this journey.

This decision to (hopefully, momentarily) stop openly supporting the use of butterfly with DDR Arcade (Ripped) Data is a very painful decision, at least for me personally, because - and again, this is in no way undermining the group that made it for what it is today - the fact remains that it started as an individual person's project. As such I would almost say that this is my "baby" project. And as "small" of a project as it may be in the eyes of the more technically inclined, I unfortunately was "technically handicapped" throughout this entire journey, so whatever "little achievement" you can see (from the eyes of a technical person) is actually a milestone and a source of pride for me.

I am not about to be hypocritical about all of this because at the end of the day we know what "THIS" is. Do know that I personally took it with a heavy heart to make this decision. But I think, for the preservation of the greater good who will and should benefit in the long run, I believe that this decision has to be made.

Out of my love for the work that has been done, and out of consideration for the many others who try their best to help with the sustainability of making this game available, I am going to release a "final goodbye" public build (hopefully, goodbye only for now). This build is enough to last you up to any 2020-dated package, and will cease to fully function when the 2021-dated packages are leaked to the public (or when you use our butterfly fork on any 2021-dated builds).

In the meantime, you may use other 3rd-party online servers which provide the essentials for enjoying the game (score saving/tracking, score rivalry, force-unlocking of all songs, etc.). It is unfortunate that we had to (again, hopefully momentarily) stop making public builds since our fork of butterfly, although primarily envisioned for offline use, offers a very rich level of support and experience for DDR that goes the extra mile, in fact way beyond the essentials. Nonetheless, I have huge respect for all the maintainers/owners of the 3rd-party online servers. Putting up a server to function online where there a lot of users is in fact a stressful thing to do (on top of the fact this is purely voluntary plus volunteering material and non-material resources to maintain it). I am amazed at not only your work, but also your dedication for doing this. I am a patron of some of these 3rd-party servers too.

I personally hope that things will eventually turn out for the better because I am still very excited in helping others as you have seen me do. Let us hope for the best and make this a learning lesson as we move forward.

screenshot-1628849849.png

Modifié par topet2k12001

• 2 semaines après...

Kudos to all the FAQ and guide given to set this up!

I followed all steps from step 1 to step done, but in the end, just couldn't get it to work on a 573 cab with minimaid.  Couldn't get it to boot with Spicetools.  Either it would fail to load, or screen would start clicking like crazy (doesn't support resolution above 640x480).  I enabled the option to keep it at 4:3 resolution, but didn't seem to matter.  Tried adding -o in the bat file, still didn't fix that issue.

What I ended up having to do was do the alternate recommended step in a later post that said to try using Bemani Tools and that did the trick.  Booted right up without issue.

Since I wasn't using Spicetools, I ended up using BemaniPatcher to apply the desired mods (fast/slow, darkest background (didn't see one for removing the note measurement lines?) etc.), worked like a charm.

All seems stable!

Is it just me, or do some of the songs sound ever so slightly lower in pitch?  Just an observation.

Thanks again!

On 2020-11-20 at 6:19 PM, DDRMarvel said:

Kudos to all the FAQ and guide given to set this up!

I followed all steps from step 1 to step done, but in the end, just couldn't get it to work on a 573 cab with minimaid.  Couldn't get it to boot with Spicetools.  Either it would fail to load, or screen would start clicking like crazy (doesn't support resolution above 640x480).  I enabled the option to keep it at 4:3 resolution, but didn't seem to matter.  Tried adding -o in the bat file, still didn't fix that issue.

What I ended up having to do was do the alternate recommended step in a later post that said to try using Bemani Tools and that did the trick.  Booted right up without issue.

Since I wasn't using Spicetools, I ended up using BemaniPatcher to apply the desired mods (fast/slow, darkest background (didn't see one for removing the note measurement lines?) etc.), worked like a charm.

All seems stable!

Is it just me, or do some of the songs sound ever so slightly lower in pitch?  Just an observation.

Thanks again!

Hey Did you get the lights to work using your Minimaid on A20 using BemaniTools? Lights work PERFECTLY on SpiceTools, but I was never able to get them to work properly with Btools... Let me know what your experience was/is like for that. Thanks!

En 21/10/2020 a las 16:33, topet2k12001 dijo:

A: Watch this video and use it as your guide for setting it up.

Hey guys, I did everything explained on this video and the game started without problem... But when I was ready to create an e-amusement profile in first run, the game showed in the screen that it's needed to scan an e-amusement card and it doesn't allow me to create my profile. Do you guys know what can I do in that case?

Hello,

In a world where all of this hard work is purely voluntary (i.e. "I have a life, I have a family, I have a job too"), only kind words are what one would consider "fruits of labor" and hearing/reading them feels so rewarding.

Butterfly (our fork) has gone a long way. What initially started out as an individual project (a.k.a. "topet's butterfly"), eventually became a small group's project. On that note, this small group of individuals do not look at, nor weigh, their contributions in the quantitative sense. The fact of the matter is, there is mutual dependency in the contributions that went into (our fork of) butterfly in its current state, such that a missing piece/contribution by any single one in this group couldn't have made butterfly "whole" all by himself. In this sense, our contributions are weighted qualitatively and hence, as I personally see it, all are equal and therefore all individuals in this small group have equal stake for decisions involving this fork of butterfly.

These are the people who have helped make butterfly what it is today: @tw3nz0r @bman @Towlesy27 @Sirk @One Eternal Ash @kanor

And of course, @skogaby who is the original author of butterfly. I've only had a chance to talk to him a few times and learn a thing or two. But that simple act is what enabled and fueled me to embark on this journey.

This decision to (hopefully, momentarily) stop openly supporting the use of butterfly with DDR Arcade (Ripped) Data is a very painful decision, at least for me personally, because - and again, this is in no way undermining the group that made it for what it is today - the fact remains that it started as an individual person's project. As such I would almost say that this is my "baby" project. And as "small" of a project as it may be in the eyes of the more technically inclined, I unfortunately was "technically handicapped" throughout this entire journey, so whatever "little achievement" you can see (from the eyes of a technical person) is actually a milestone and a source of pride for me.

I am not about to be hypocritical about all of this because at the end of the day we know what "THIS" is. Do know that I personally took it with a heavy heart to make this decision. But I think, for the preservation of the greater good who will and should benefit in the long run, I believe that this decision has to be made.

Out of my love for the work that has been done, and out of consideration for the many others who try their best to help with the sustainability of making this game available, I am going to release a "final goodbye" public build (hopefully, goodbye only for now). This build is enough to last you up to any 2020-dated package, and will cease to fully function when the 2021-dated packages are leaked to the public (or when you use our butterfly fork on any 2021-dated builds).

In the meantime, you may use other 3rd-party online servers which provide the essentials for enjoying the game (score saving/tracking, score rivalry, force-unlocking of all songs, etc.). It is unfortunate that we had to (again, hopefully momentarily) stop making public builds since our fork of butterfly, although primarily envisioned for offline use, offers a very rich level of support and experience for DDR that goes the extra mile, in fact way beyond the essentials. Nonetheless, I have huge respect for all the maintainers/owners of the 3rd-party online servers. Putting up a server to function online where there a lot of users is in fact a stressful thing to do (on top of the fact this is purely voluntary plus volunteering material and non-material resources to maintain it). I am amazed at not only your work, but also your dedication for doing this. I am a patron of some of these 3rd-party servers too.

I personally hope that things will eventually turn out for the better because I am still very excited in helping others as you have seen me do. Let us hope for the best and make this a learning lesson as we move forward.

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

Just some info to add to the FAQ:

1) I am currently running the game on an Extreme K-cab with J-PAC + LumenAR for lights. I have had a LOT of trouble running the game past initial checks screen with Spice tools. Switching to Bemani Tools worked had the game running in a few seconds. So if ever you come across issues when the game will boot, but crash after all checks are OK, try switching to Bemani Tools. For BTools, just extract the DDR 16 (32bit) and all the dlls that come with it in your contents folder. Run DDR 16 bat file to launch the game (Oh and make sure to configure with Btools configuration bat file, not SpiceCFG... just in case)

2) For LumenAR to work properly, you will need AT LEAST BemaniTools 5.3+ Older versions do not have the right lights to set up, and the lights will either do the wrong thing or not work at all in-game. 

Still having audio crackling issues, and I've tested a few outputs on my on-board sound card, as well changing channels and bit rate... Not sure what's causing it, but I'll investigate further. It's weird though, it won't crackle during songs, just after a song ends, and during the attract mode tutorial... anyways. Thanks topet2k12001 for all the work he's put into this thread. 

On 2020-11-03 at 12:40 PM, DonGuilty said:

Hi everybody, I hope you can help me.

I had a previous copy working but Paseli was unavailable, so I decided to delete the folders and download the game again.

I followed the steps from the video. Butterfly works but the game crashes everytime I run it.
Also, in the video appear a dll as a hook but I can't find it in the folders.

There's the log.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I don't know if that matters, but I'm using Bitdefender Total Security

log.txt

Hey try using BemaniTools instead. Fixed it for me.

En 25/11/2020 a las 21:37, topet2k12001 dijo:

Usually your issue is caused by not setting up a "card." Did you "create" your "card/s" during configuration in your launcher's config tool (spicecfg.exe for SpiceTools Configuration ...or config.exe for Bemanitools)?

Well I already could solve my issue by updating Spicetools to the latest version and setting up all that was needed, thanks for answer though...

But now I have another question, Is there any chance/possibility to disable the Grand Finale pop up in the evaluation screen? I think is a bit annoying and I would like to turn that off. 

2 hours ago, Eddie_Amaris said:

Well I already could solve my issue by updating Spicetools to the latest version and setting up all that was needed, thanks for answer though...

But now I have another question, Is there any chance/possibility to disable the Grand Finale pop up in the evaluation screen? I think is a bit annoying and I would like to turn that off. 

Disable it by changing the butterfly event 47 from 9999 to 10.

hace 53 minutos, KyaaCo dijo:

Hey,

First off thanks for all the effort required to get this working! I do have a question though, isn't the song 'Silly Love' supposed to be in A20? It's not showing up, even when I enable the 'Song Unlock' patch in SpiceTools.

That song is in one of the latest A20 updates.

hello everybody

i did see in some videos they can add song to DDR A or A20, i like to add some old mixes (1st to Extreme), i did find a file who adds some first mixes songs, but is missing songs, the question is... someone have this songs for share? or how do i extract from old mixes?.. if my question bothers someone, i want to apologize..

Thanks for your help, and for the growing community

On 12/6/2020 at 9:13 AM, xgeo23 said:

hello everybody

i did see in some videos they can add song to DDR A or A20, i like to add some old mixes (1st to Extreme), i did find a file who adds some first mixes songs, but is missing songs, the question is... someone have this songs for share? or how do i extract from old mixes?.. if my question bothers someone, i want to apologize..

Thanks for your help, and for the growing community

Unfortunately due to the complications of adding ddr songs beyond the original songlist at the release of DDR A, there is no widespread support for that. A select few have figured out how to do what you're asking, but it's up to them whether they want to share or not

• 2 semaines après...
On 12/26/2020 at 1:19 PM, johnboyjr said:

i have it working but can some one help me with how to add songs from older games?

We do not provide support for adding songs from older games before DDR A. The few people that know how to do that can provide support as they wish, but that's up to them, and it's very unlikely that they are willing to help you. Use Stepmania.

1 hour ago, Romboyz said:

We do not provide support for adding songs from older games before DDR A. The few people that know how to do that can provide support as they wish, but that's up to them, and it's very unlikely that they are willing to help you. Use Stepmania.

Can I ask why that is?

En 28/11/2020 a las 21:49, tw3nz0r dijo:

Disable it by changing the butterfly event 47 from 9999 to 10.

Okay, I did it. I manage to disable it as explained here, so thanks a lot.

But now I have another question (and I guess is the last I have), is it possible to disable the paseli pop up at select style screen? do I need to change another butterfly event to turn it off?

hace 9 horas, Eddie_Amaris dijo:

Okay, I did it. I manage to disable it as explained here, so thanks a lot.

But now I have another question (and I guess is the last I have), is it possible to disable the paseli pop up at select style screen? do I need to change another butterfly event to turn it off?

Try to change, J:A:A to A:A:A, in the file /prop/ea3-config.xml <dest __type="str">A</dest>

On 12/29/2020 at 2:40 AM, johnboyjr said:

Can I ask why that is?

There's a lot more to it than just adding the song files. You have to unpack the arc files to access the musicDB, add the song info manually, enter the correct ID, then pack the arc file again. If you mess up even one thing, the game will break. It's not worth the trouble. Again, use Stepmania.

Please read though the outdated A20 thread for additional hints and download links for the tools you need. We're not here to spoon-feed you answers.

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001