Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution [A20] [A20 PLUS] [A3] [World] (Konami)

topet2k12001
Go to solution Solved by Gliss,

Messages recommandés

Hi there ,thank you for your help , so I tried with the swap card function , tried inserting coins and pressing start , but none of these seems to work , am I missing something maybe from the settings? Also on the bottom of the game it says Unavailable

Hello,

In a world where all of this hard work is purely voluntary (i.e. "I have a life, I have a family, I have a job too"), only kind words are what one would consider "fruits of labor" and hearing/reading them feels so rewarding.

Butterfly (our fork) has gone a long way. What initially started out as an individual project (a.k.a. "topet's butterfly"), eventually became a small group's project. On that note, this small group of individuals do not look at, nor weigh, their contributions in the quantitative sense. The fact of the matter is, there is mutual dependency in the contributions that went into (our fork of) butterfly in its current state, such that a missing piece/contribution by any single one in this group couldn't have made butterfly "whole" all by himself. In this sense, our contributions are weighted qualitatively and hence, as I personally see it, all are equal and therefore all individuals in this small group have equal stake for decisions involving this fork of butterfly.

These are the people who have helped make butterfly what it is today: @tw3nz0r @bman @Towlesy27 @Sirk @One Eternal Ash @kanor

And of course, @skogaby who is the original author of butterfly. I've only had a chance to talk to him a few times and learn a thing or two. But that simple act is what enabled and fueled me to embark on this journey.

This decision to (hopefully, momentarily) stop openly supporting the use of butterfly with DDR Arcade (Ripped) Data is a very painful decision, at least for me personally, because - and again, this is in no way undermining the group that made it for what it is today - the fact remains that it started as an individual person's project. As such I would almost say that this is my "baby" project. And as "small" of a project as it may be in the eyes of the more technically inclined, I unfortunately was "technically handicapped" throughout this entire journey, so whatever "little achievement" you can see (from the eyes of a technical person) is actually a milestone and a source of pride for me.

I am not about to be hypocritical about all of this because at the end of the day we know what "THIS" is. Do know that I personally took it with a heavy heart to make this decision. But I think, for the preservation of the greater good who will and should benefit in the long run, I believe that this decision has to be made.

Out of my love for the work that has been done, and out of consideration for the many others who try their best to help with the sustainability of making this game available, I am going to release a "final goodbye" public build (hopefully, goodbye only for now). This build is enough to last you up to any 2020-dated package, and will cease to fully function when the 2021-dated packages are leaked to the public (or when you use our butterfly fork on any 2021-dated builds).

In the meantime, you may use other 3rd-party online servers which provide the essentials for enjoying the game (score saving/tracking, score rivalry, force-unlocking of all songs, etc.). It is unfortunate that we had to (again, hopefully momentarily) stop making public builds since our fork of butterfly, although primarily envisioned for offline use, offers a very rich level of support and experience for DDR that goes the extra mile, in fact way beyond the essentials. Nonetheless, I have huge respect for all the maintainers/owners of the 3rd-party online servers. Putting up a server to function online where there a lot of users is in fact a stressful thing to do (on top of the fact this is purely voluntary plus volunteering material and non-material resources to maintain it). I am amazed at not only your work, but also your dedication for doing this. I am a patron of some of these 3rd-party servers too.

I personally hope that things will eventually turn out for the better because I am still very excited in helping others as you have seen me do. Let us hope for the best and make this a learning lesson as we move forward.

screenshot-1628849849.png

Modifié par topet2k12001

hace 10 minutos, topet2k12001 dijo:

Watch the video tutorial for setting up the game and follow the video exactly as shown. Exactly only.

I followed the tutorial and did everything exactly like the vĂ­deo ,the Game starts and everything else works fine , My only issue is that i cant play :'(

Hello,

In a world where all of this hard work is purely voluntary (i.e. "I have a life, I have a family, I have a job too"), only kind words are what one would consider "fruits of labor" and hearing/reading them feels so rewarding.

Butterfly (our fork) has gone a long way. What initially started out as an individual project (a.k.a. "topet's butterfly"), eventually became a small group's project. On that note, this small group of individuals do not look at, nor weigh, their contributions in the quantitative sense. The fact of the matter is, there is mutual dependency in the contributions that went into (our fork of) butterfly in its current state, such that a missing piece/contribution by any single one in this group couldn't have made butterfly "whole" all by himself. In this sense, our contributions are weighted qualitatively and hence, as I personally see it, all are equal and therefore all individuals in this small group have equal stake for decisions involving this fork of butterfly.

These are the people who have helped make butterfly what it is today: @tw3nz0r @bman @Towlesy27 @Sirk @One Eternal Ash @kanor

And of course, @skogaby who is the original author of butterfly. I've only had a chance to talk to him a few times and learn a thing or two. But that simple act is what enabled and fueled me to embark on this journey.

This decision to (hopefully, momentarily) stop openly supporting the use of butterfly with DDR Arcade (Ripped) Data is a very painful decision, at least for me personally, because - and again, this is in no way undermining the group that made it for what it is today - the fact remains that it started as an individual person's project. As such I would almost say that this is my "baby" project. And as "small" of a project as it may be in the eyes of the more technically inclined, I unfortunately was "technically handicapped" throughout this entire journey, so whatever "little achievement" you can see (from the eyes of a technical person) is actually a milestone and a source of pride for me.

I am not about to be hypocritical about all of this because at the end of the day we know what "THIS" is. Do know that I personally took it with a heavy heart to make this decision. But I think, for the preservation of the greater good who will and should benefit in the long run, I believe that this decision has to be made.

Out of my love for the work that has been done, and out of consideration for the many others who try their best to help with the sustainability of making this game available, I am going to release a "final goodbye" public build (hopefully, goodbye only for now). This build is enough to last you up to any 2020-dated package, and will cease to fully function when the 2021-dated packages are leaked to the public (or when you use our butterfly fork on any 2021-dated builds).

In the meantime, you may use other 3rd-party online servers which provide the essentials for enjoying the game (score saving/tracking, score rivalry, force-unlocking of all songs, etc.). It is unfortunate that we had to (again, hopefully momentarily) stop making public builds since our fork of butterfly, although primarily envisioned for offline use, offers a very rich level of support and experience for DDR that goes the extra mile, in fact way beyond the essentials. Nonetheless, I have huge respect for all the maintainers/owners of the 3rd-party online servers. Putting up a server to function online where there a lot of users is in fact a stressful thing to do (on top of the fact this is purely voluntary plus volunteering material and non-material resources to maintain it). I am amazed at not only your work, but also your dedication for doing this. I am a patron of some of these 3rd-party servers too.

I personally hope that things will eventually turn out for the better because I am still very excited in helping others as you have seen me do. Let us hope for the best and make this a learning lesson as we move forward.

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

So , I followed exactly the same steps and still no progress , I set up the spicetools exactly as the FAQ , when I open butterfly I dont see any error an actually looks like the video , but still unavalible , it takes like 1 minute on the e-amusement check , any idea of what can be happening?

After sometime I realized I had 2 errors , 1ST ONE I was executing butterfly as Administrator , 2nd I forgot to uncheck the read only, Now , do you know how to enable the extra stage , encore extra stage , and I want to create a online server so I can play competitive with some friends , do you now if there is any guide / requirment for me to setup my server? Thank you

hace 1 hora, KenetCF dijo:

So , I followed exactly the same steps and still no progress , I set up the spicetools exactly as the FAQ , when I open butterfly I dont see any error an actually looks like the video , but still unavalible , it takes like 1 minute on the e-amusement check , any idea of what can be happening?

But I have a doubt, you were running the -ea argument with butterfly? The other thing I assume is you wrote a wrong url in the ea file 🤔. Both cases explain why does the login/swipe card function wasn't working.

hace 1 hora, KenetCF dijo:

After sometime I realized I had 2 errors , 1ST ONE I was executing butterfly as Administrator , 2nd I forgot to uncheck the read only, Now , do you know how to enable the extra stage , encore extra stage , and I want to create a online server so I can play competitive with some friends , do you now if there is any guide / requirment for me to setup my server? Thank you

1) I don't see any problem with that

2) That was a MAJOR step (people should stop skipping the tutorial that is very detailed about that)

3) Extra Stage/Encore Extra Stage are premium features only available via server (aka. Butterfly for example) just earn the 9 stars in gameplay and you'll reach Extra. 

*Encore Extra Stage is not (by now maybe) used on DDR A20/+. Only available on Ace and earlier versions of DDR

hace 21 minutos, B4SH-T dijo:

But I have a doubt, you were running the -ea argument with butterfly? The other thing I assume is you wrote a wrong url in the ea file 🤔. Both cases explain why does the login/swipe card function wasn't working.

1) I don't see any problem with that

2) That was a MAJOR step (people should stop skipping the tutorial that is very detailed about that)

3) Extra Stage/Encore Extra Stage are premium features only available via server (aka. Butterfly for example) just earn the 9 stars in gameplay and you'll reach Extra. 

*Encore Extra Stage is not (by now maybe) used on DDR A20/+. Only available on Ace and earlier versions of DDR

After all it was not related to any config file or something like that , It was just the permission folder and running butterfly normally , Thank you very much for your help.

Hi everybody, I hope you can help me.

I had a previous copy working but Paseli was unavailable, so I decided to delete the folders and download the game again.

I followed the steps from the video. Butterfly works but the game crashes everytime I run it.
Also, in the video appear a dll as a hook but I can't find it in the folders.

There's the log.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I don't know if that matters, but I'm using Bitdefender Total Security

log.txt

Modifié par DonGuilty

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

hace 12 horas, topet2k12001 dijo:

Hello,

We don't use "-loglevel" as an option. I know what it does but for the sake of troubleshooting just don't add that option.

screenshot-1604449547.png

Line 975 refers to "Warning" (W) relating to Direct3D 9. Not sure but it looks like either a driver or a DirectX issue...do you have it installed?

I have DirectX12 and it worked fine for the rest of games. 

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

hace 20 minutos, AssPiston dijo:

hey there, only issue i'm currently running into is the game crashing after game over. i've downloaded and moved everything from that DDR S.L.U.T folder but it still crashes.. 

log.txt

Hi there , do You have the link for the ddr s.l.u.t? Ty

hace 9 minutos, AssPiston dijo:

its in the FAQs....

Sorry I thought the S.l.u.t Version was different from the 2020-02-03 , In regards your issue it seems that you are trying to use arcana , and the game was not able to establish a connection , have you tried with localhost and butterfly instead?

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

3 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

@ashs09750 the explanation of this is FAQ Q7.

These are the errors:

screenshot-1604581459.png

screenshot-1604581333.png

Please watch  the video tutorial (FAQ Q2) and read FAQ Q3. Follow them EXACTLY as shown.

@AssPiston read FAQ Q06.

Thank fo responding.

I mentioned in my original post that I had already downloaded what was linked in FAQ Q06 and moved those files over but it's still crashing on game over. 

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

18 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

EDIT: I see what you mean now. These are the two files to download; make sure you are putting them to the correct locations (contents > data > arc > bm2d). But usually the error happens only if you're playing in Gold Cab Mode; it shouldn't have that error when you're in Blue Cab Mode.

screenshot-1604596582.png

Also upon inspecting your log, I see this:

screenshot-1604596370.png

Seems like your issue is related to using a URL that I didn't specify in the FAQ (Arcana). If you're looking for Arcana support here, we don't provide support for that because it's out of scope of this thread.

18 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

EDIT: I see what you mean now. These are the two files to download; make sure you are putting them to the correct locations (contents > data > arc > bm2d). But usually the error happens only if you're playing in Gold Cab Mode; it shouldn't have that error when you're in Blue Cab Mode.

screenshot-1604596582.png

Also upon inspecting your log, I see this:

screenshot-1604596370.png

Seems like your issue is related to using a URL that I didn't specify in the FAQ (Arcana). If you're looking for Arcana support here, we don't provide support for that because it's out of scope of this thread.

How do I switch to blue cab to test if it crashes at the game over screen?

Arcana works though, I am able to log in and everything and play aongs just fine. I just can't get a game over or it crashes.

So if the issue is just being a gold cab then maybe if I try switching to blue can it won't crash then? 

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

7 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

The data is Blue by default when you download it, so if you're on Gold Cab then you are the one who enabled it. So you must know how to switch it back I assume?

Yes, that is a known issue that is precisely why it's in the FAQ. I specifically wrote that FAQ to be worded as an issue of being in Gold Cab mode, where there is a fix.

Hmm, I see.

I don't recall seeing anything to change from blue to gold cab, it just always launched as gold cab. I'll redownload a fresh torrent and go from there

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

hace 2 horas, AssPiston dijo:

How do I switch to blue cab to test if it crashes at the game over screen?

Arcana works though, I am able to log in and everything and play aongs just fine. I just can't get a game over or it crashes.

So if the issue is just being a gold cab then maybe if I try switching to blue can it won't crash then? 

To switch to blue cab , with your hex editor change  0x0e118 from 0xEB, 0x71 to 0xFF, 0x24

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001