Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution [A20] [A20 PLUS] [A3] [World] (Konami)

topet2k12001
Go to solution Solved by Gliss,

Messages recommandés

I followed the steps and I got this working.  Thank you so much!!!

But I'm having some problems tho..

It was initially working just fine. Later I turned off my computer and turned it on and its not working..

The game screen turns on, but I see some this:

After the load page, I see this yellow box with japanese words I can't read, and when it does take me to the main page, I see that smaller box with japanese words on the left hand, as well as the sign [not available] on the bottom left as well.

I can add coins, but I can't press start button.

I'm not sure if this is due to turning the game off by Alt +f4 during game play, or I need to tweak something in the setting...how do I fix this?  Thank you!

2.PNG

1.PNG

Modifié par ArcVile

4 hours ago, ArcVile said:

I followed the steps and I got this working.  Thank you so much!!!

But I'm having some problems tho..

It was initially working just fine. Later I turned off my computer and turned it on and its not working..

The game screen turns on, but I see some this:

After the load page, I see this yellow box with japanese words I can't read, and when it does take me to the main page, I see that smaller box with japanese words on the left hand, as well as the sign [not available] on the bottom left as well.

I can add coins, but I can't press start button.

I'm not sure if this is due to turning the game off by Alt +f4 during game play, or I need to tweak something in the setting...how do I fix this?  Thank you!

2.PNG

1.PNG

You need to press the service button then configure the clock. if you are using spice tools, you can configure the service button on the fly with F4

Modifié par g3nsvrv

Hello,

In a world where all of this hard work is purely voluntary (i.e. "I have a life, I have a family, I have a job too"), only kind words are what one would consider "fruits of labor" and hearing/reading them feels so rewarding.

Butterfly (our fork) has gone a long way. What initially started out as an individual project (a.k.a. "topet's butterfly"), eventually became a small group's project. On that note, this small group of individuals do not look at, nor weigh, their contributions in the quantitative sense. The fact of the matter is, there is mutual dependency in the contributions that went into (our fork of) butterfly in its current state, such that a missing piece/contribution by any single one in this group couldn't have made butterfly "whole" all by himself. In this sense, our contributions are weighted qualitatively and hence, as I personally see it, all are equal and therefore all individuals in this small group have equal stake for decisions involving this fork of butterfly.

These are the people who have helped make butterfly what it is today: @tw3nz0r @bman @Towlesy27 @Sirk @One Eternal Ash @kanor

And of course, @skogaby who is the original author of butterfly. I've only had a chance to talk to him a few times and learn a thing or two. But that simple act is what enabled and fueled me to embark on this journey.

This decision to (hopefully, momentarily) stop openly supporting the use of butterfly with DDR Arcade (Ripped) Data is a very painful decision, at least for me personally, because - and again, this is in no way undermining the group that made it for what it is today - the fact remains that it started as an individual person's project. As such I would almost say that this is my "baby" project. And as "small" of a project as it may be in the eyes of the more technically inclined, I unfortunately was "technically handicapped" throughout this entire journey, so whatever "little achievement" you can see (from the eyes of a technical person) is actually a milestone and a source of pride for me.

I am not about to be hypocritical about all of this because at the end of the day we know what "THIS" is. Do know that I personally took it with a heavy heart to make this decision. But I think, for the preservation of the greater good who will and should benefit in the long run, I believe that this decision has to be made.

Out of my love for the work that has been done, and out of consideration for the many others who try their best to help with the sustainability of making this game available, I am going to release a "final goodbye" public build (hopefully, goodbye only for now). This build is enough to last you up to any 2020-dated package, and will cease to fully function when the 2021-dated packages are leaked to the public (or when you use our butterfly fork on any 2021-dated builds).

In the meantime, you may use other 3rd-party online servers which provide the essentials for enjoying the game (score saving/tracking, score rivalry, force-unlocking of all songs, etc.). It is unfortunate that we had to (again, hopefully momentarily) stop making public builds since our fork of butterfly, although primarily envisioned for offline use, offers a very rich level of support and experience for DDR that goes the extra mile, in fact way beyond the essentials. Nonetheless, I have huge respect for all the maintainers/owners of the 3rd-party online servers. Putting up a server to function online where there a lot of users is in fact a stressful thing to do (on top of the fact this is purely voluntary plus volunteering material and non-material resources to maintain it). I am amazed at not only your work, but also your dedication for doing this. I am a patron of some of these 3rd-party servers too.

I personally hope that things will eventually turn out for the better because I am still very excited in helping others as you have seen me do. Let us hope for the best and make this a learning lesson as we move forward.

screenshot-1628849849.png

Modifié par topet2k12001

4 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Thanks for the assist, @g3nsvrv!

Good point about the folders not created. I assumed that he used the generic startup script (.bat) file which already includes the necessary commands to create those folders. Now that this issue is presented, I might as well upload the said .bat startup script.

I figured once when I read the log and it says something like "could not mount the path /dev/nvram" and reading above it shows the symlink from conf/nvram to /dev/nvram

Hello,

In a world where all of this hard work is purely voluntary (i.e. "I have a life, I have a family, I have a job too"), only kind words are what one would consider "fruits of labor" and hearing/reading them feels so rewarding.

Butterfly (our fork) has gone a long way. What initially started out as an individual project (a.k.a. "topet's butterfly"), eventually became a small group's project. On that note, this small group of individuals do not look at, nor weigh, their contributions in the quantitative sense. The fact of the matter is, there is mutual dependency in the contributions that went into (our fork of) butterfly in its current state, such that a missing piece/contribution by any single one in this group couldn't have made butterfly "whole" all by himself. In this sense, our contributions are weighted qualitatively and hence, as I personally see it, all are equal and therefore all individuals in this small group have equal stake for decisions involving this fork of butterfly.

These are the people who have helped make butterfly what it is today: @tw3nz0r @bman @Towlesy27 @Sirk @One Eternal Ash @kanor

And of course, @skogaby who is the original author of butterfly. I've only had a chance to talk to him a few times and learn a thing or two. But that simple act is what enabled and fueled me to embark on this journey.

This decision to (hopefully, momentarily) stop openly supporting the use of butterfly with DDR Arcade (Ripped) Data is a very painful decision, at least for me personally, because - and again, this is in no way undermining the group that made it for what it is today - the fact remains that it started as an individual person's project. As such I would almost say that this is my "baby" project. And as "small" of a project as it may be in the eyes of the more technically inclined, I unfortunately was "technically handicapped" throughout this entire journey, so whatever "little achievement" you can see (from the eyes of a technical person) is actually a milestone and a source of pride for me.

I am not about to be hypocritical about all of this because at the end of the day we know what "THIS" is. Do know that I personally took it with a heavy heart to make this decision. But I think, for the preservation of the greater good who will and should benefit in the long run, I believe that this decision has to be made.

Out of my love for the work that has been done, and out of consideration for the many others who try their best to help with the sustainability of making this game available, I am going to release a "final goodbye" public build (hopefully, goodbye only for now). This build is enough to last you up to any 2020-dated package, and will cease to fully function when the 2021-dated packages are leaked to the public (or when you use our butterfly fork on any 2021-dated builds).

In the meantime, you may use other 3rd-party online servers which provide the essentials for enjoying the game (score saving/tracking, score rivalry, force-unlocking of all songs, etc.). It is unfortunate that we had to (again, hopefully momentarily) stop making public builds since our fork of butterfly, although primarily envisioned for offline use, offers a very rich level of support and experience for DDR that goes the extra mile, in fact way beyond the essentials. Nonetheless, I have huge respect for all the maintainers/owners of the 3rd-party online servers. Putting up a server to function online where there a lot of users is in fact a stressful thing to do (on top of the fact this is purely voluntary plus volunteering material and non-material resources to maintain it). I am amazed at not only your work, but also your dedication for doing this. I am a patron of some of these 3rd-party servers too.

I personally hope that things will eventually turn out for the better because I am still very excited in helping others as you have seen me do. Let us hope for the best and make this a learning lesson as we move forward.

Modifié par topet2k12001

@g3nsvrv, thank you for the support!  But the game remains stuck on not being able to start on the menu, other than putting in coin.

I went into spicecfg and tried adding -ea.  Adding that command, while this solved the issue and I am able to play, this only allows me to play, but cannot use generated emusement card, thus not being able to save my personal record...

I did went on the clock on the service before putting -ea, the clock seems to work ok at this time.

Perhaps I'm missing something else in the spicecfg?
I don't need to press butterfly file everytime prior to turning the game on, right?

1.PNG

2.PNG

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

@topet2k12001 I think I figured it out.  My guess is that prior to clicking .bat file or spice to start the game, I need to click the butterfly file.  I did this and finally got it working with my card and saving records and everything.

I'm not sure what happened prior, because right after downloading and doing all the steps according to the video, everything worked.

Perhaps it messes something up when turning off the computer, so my guess is that I need to turn on butterfly anytime before starting the game.  I assumed after turning on butterfly, I don't have to turn it on anymore for the future.

Either way.  I finally got it working well.   Thank you so much for the support!

Modifié par ArcVile

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

2 hours ago, ashs09750 said:

I already see everything that they measured and nothing will have anything to do with it that is windows 7 64bits

log.txt

@ashs09750 id think that this game it is even compatible with win7, or maybe is the graphic card... in any case, im getting the same error but on the ddr x3 using win7 pro on vmware.

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

On 10/24/2020 at 8:40 PM, topet2k12001 said:

I have an idea: please share both your ea3-config.xml, as well as log.txt. Try to start the game first up to the time you get the error and only then send log.txt so that the log file fully captures whatever error it is. They're safe to be shared publicly since those files don't contain any personally-identifiable information.

How are you configuring your startup/launch settings or options? Is it by editing a .bat file manually, or through SpiceTools Configuration? If you're doing it via SpiceTools Configuration please share the complete screenshot/s as well.

hey, here is my log file... maybe this can help? Thanks...

log.txt

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

How to setup SpiceCompanion

Getting the app setup

Make sure you have SpiceCompanion downloaded onto your phone, or tablet.
You can download the IOS (ported from android) version here. You need to side load this, and I wont go into how to do that.
Or, you can get the IOS version off of the appstore from here. but, this version is slightly older than the android port.
For android, you can get it off of the playstore here.
Once you have the app downloaded, open Spicecfg and go to the "Options" tab.
Scroll down till you see something along the lines of "API TCP Port" and "API Password"
After that, click into the box to the right of -api. set the port you want to use for it, and you will need to remember this later.
Personally I set this to 1337, as that's what worked for me. Then, click om the box below that and type your password in that box, you will need to remember this later.
After that's done, you can close SpiceCFG and open the "SpiceCompanion" app your your device. If your on android, there should be a plus button in the bottom right, click on that.
If your on IOS, then there should be a plus button in the top left, and click on that. After you clicked on the plus button, a menu should pop up asking for your password, port, hostname and name.
Your "hostname" is your pcs local ip. to find this, go into command prompt and type "ipconfig"
You should see something that says "IPv4 Address" then a bunch of numbers. put those numbers in the "hostname" section. put the port that you set earlier into the "port" section, and the password into the "password" section.
After that, you can name it what ever you want by pressing the "name" section and typing that in. After that's done, click "Save".
You can now start up your game, and click on the server you added.

Setting up Cards

You can add a card by going to the "Cards" tab after your connected to the server.
Then, press on the plus sign to add a card. The "Card Number" should be in SpiceCFG in the "Keypads" tab. Write the numbers\letters you have on spiceCFG into the "Card Number" box, and name it what ever you want.
Then click done/save, and click on it again. You can now go to the "Keypad" section and insert your card by pressing the "Insert Card" button.

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

So on my PC, Spice crashes due to std::bad alloc. It does not happen on my laptop (It completely works there and has the same files and setup). Spicecfg also crashes with no messages/prompt.

Here's the log:

[2020/10/29 21:26:14] I:options: using model MDX:J:A:A:2020020300 from prop/ea3-config.xml
[2020/10/29 21:26:14] I:launcher: SpiceTools Bootstrap (x32)
[2020/10/29 21:26:14] I:launcher: 1.0-V-2020-10-13T02:37:14
[2020/10/29 21:26:14] I:launcher: arguments:
[2020/10/29 21:26:14] I:superexit: enabled
[2020/10/29 21:26:14] I:avs-core: updated heap size: 16777216 -> 33554432
[2020/10/29 21:26:14] I:game: pre_attach: Dance Dance Revolution
[2020/10/29 21:26:14] I:rawinput: detected performance counter frequency: 10000000
[2020/10/29 21:26:14] I:rawinput: reloading devices
[2020/10/29 21:26:14] M:rawinput: skipping vendor-specific device
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  std::bad_alloc

Modifié par fvig2001

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

20 hours ago, Crafty The Fox said:

How to setup SpiceCompanion

Getting the app setup

Make sure you have SpiceCompanion downloaded onto your phone, or tablet.
You can download the IOS (ported from android) version here. You need to side load this, and I wont go into how to do that.
Or, you can get the IOS version off of the appstore from here. but, this version is slightly older than the android port.
For android, you can get it off of the playstore here.
Once you have the app downloaded, open Spicecfg and go to the "Options" tab.
Scroll down till you see something along the lines of "API TCP Port" and "API Password"
After that, click into the box to the right of -api. set the port you want to use for it, and you will need to remember this later.
Personally I set this to 1337, as that's what worked for me. Then, click om the box below that and type your password in that box, you will need to remember this later.
After that's done, you can close SpiceCFG and open the "SpiceCompanion" app your your device. If your on android, there should be a plus button in the bottom right, click on that.
If your on IOS, then there should be a plus button in the top left, and click on that. After you clicked on the plus button, a menu should pop up asking for your password, port, hostname and name.
Your "hostname" is your pcs local ip. to find this, go into command prompt and type "ipconfig"
You should see something that says "IPv4 Address" then a bunch of numbers. put those numbers in the "hostname" section. put the port that you set earlier into the "port" section, and the password into the "password" section.
After that, you can name it what ever you want by pressing the "name" section and typing that in. After that's done, click "Save".
You can now start up your game, and click on the server you added.

Setting up Cards

You can add a card by going to the "Cards" tab after your connected to the server.
Then, press on the plus sign to add a card. The "Card Number" should be in SpiceCFG in the "Keypads" tab. Write the numbers\letters you have on spiceCFG into the "Card Number" box, and name it what ever you want.
Then click done/save, and click on it again. You can now go to the "Keypad" section and insert your card by pressing the "Insert Card" button.

Woo, looks pretty cool, but I can't make it work:

[2020/10/29 19:11:40] I:api: client connected: 192.168.x.x
[2020/10/29 19:11:40] I:api: new request > id: 18, module: info, function: avs
[2020/10/29 19:11:40] I:api::info: handling request
[2020/10/29 19:11:40] I:api: new request > id: 19, module: info, function: launcher
[2020/10/29 19:11:40] I:api: new request > id: 20, module: capture, function: get_screens
[2020/10/29 19:11:40] I:api: client disconnected: 192.168.x.x

21 hours ago, g3nsvrv said:

Woo, looks pretty cool, but I can't make it work:

[2020/10/29 19:11:40] I:api: client connected: 192.168.x.x
[2020/10/29 19:11:40] I:api: new request > id: 18, module: info, function: avs
[2020/10/29 19:11:40] I:api: new request > id: 19, module: info, function: launcher
[2020/10/29 19:11:40] I:api: new request > id: 20, module: capture, function: get_screens
[2020/10/29 19:11:40] I:api: client disconnected: 192.168.x.x

I resolved my issue upgrading Spice tools to the latest version 2020-10-29

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

Justo ahora, topet2k12001 dijo:

What are you using to launch the game? SpiceTools latest version?

If yes, please be informed that there had been changes with SpiceTools in terms of button mapping. Check the FAQ in Page 1 for details.

Hi , i am using spicecfg , should i switch to spicetools?

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

hace 6 minutos, topet2k12001 dijo:

What are you using to launch the game? SpiceTools latest version?

If yes, please be informed that there had been changes with SpiceTools in terms of button mapping. Check the FAQ in Page 1 for details.

I didnt quite get it , I mapped the keypad for both players but P1 start nor P2 start works , am I missing something?

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

hace 10 minutos, topet2k12001 dijo:

Check FAQ Q25, look at the picture, and try to do it exactly as shown in the picture.

Also, try to "swipe" the game to start instead of just start.

I bind all the keys for P1 and P2 and still not working , what do you mean by swipe the game to start? Can you please explain? Thank you!

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001

hace 19 horas, KenetCF dijo:

I bind all the keys for P1 and P2 and still not working , what do you mean by swipe the game to start? Can you please explain? Thank you!

What topet2k means is, press the + near your numpad of your keyboard, at the main screen 👌

Hello,

Modifié par topet2k12001