Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution [A20] [A20 PLUS] [A3] [World] (Konami)

topet2k12001
Go to solution Solved by Gliss,

Messages recommandés

Hello,

In a world where all of this hard work is purely voluntary (i.e. "I have a life, I have a family, I have a job too"), only kind words are what one would consider "fruits of labor" and hearing/reading them feels so rewarding.

Butterfly (our fork) has gone a long way. What initially started out as an individual project (a.k.a. "topet's butterfly"), eventually became a small group's project. On that note, this small group of individuals do not look at, nor weigh, their contributions in the quantitative sense. The fact of the matter is, there is mutual dependency in the contributions that went into (our fork of) butterfly in its current state, such that a missing piece/contribution by any single one in this group couldn't have made butterfly "whole" all by himself. In this sense, our contributions are weighted qualitatively and hence, as I personally see it, all are equal and therefore all individuals in this small group have equal stake for decisions involving this fork of butterfly.

These are the people who have helped make butterfly what it is today: @tw3nz0r @bman @Towlesy27 @Sirk @One Eternal Ash @kanor

And of course, @skogaby who is the original author of butterfly. I've only had a chance to talk to him a few times and learn a thing or two. But that simple act is what enabled and fueled me to embark on this journey.

This decision to (hopefully, momentarily) stop openly supporting the use of butterfly with DDR Arcade (Ripped) Data is a very painful decision, at least for me personally, because - and again, this is in no way undermining the group that made it for what it is today - the fact remains that it started as an individual person's project. As such I would almost say that this is my "baby" project. And as "small" of a project as it may be in the eyes of the more technically inclined, I unfortunately was "technically handicapped" throughout this entire journey, so whatever "little achievement" you can see (from the eyes of a technical person) is actually a milestone and a source of pride for me.

I am not about to be hypocritical about all of this because at the end of the day we know what "THIS" is. Do know that I personally took it with a heavy heart to make this decision. But I think, for the preservation of the greater good who will and should benefit in the long run, I believe that this decision has to be made.

Out of my love for the work that has been done, and out of consideration for the many others who try their best to help with the sustainability of making this game available, I am going to release a "final goodbye" public build (hopefully, goodbye only for now). This build is enough to last you up to any 2020-dated package, and will cease to fully function when the 2021-dated packages are leaked to the public (or when you use our butterfly fork on any 2021-dated builds).

In the meantime, you may use other 3rd-party online servers which provide the essentials for enjoying the game (score saving/tracking, score rivalry, force-unlocking of all songs, etc.). It is unfortunate that we had to (again, hopefully momentarily) stop making public builds since our fork of butterfly, although primarily envisioned for offline use, offers a very rich level of support and experience for DDR that goes the extra mile, in fact way beyond the essentials. Nonetheless, I have huge respect for all the maintainers/owners of the 3rd-party online servers. Putting up a server to function online where there a lot of users is in fact a stressful thing to do (on top of the fact this is purely voluntary plus volunteering material and non-material resources to maintain it). I am amazed at not only your work, but also your dedication for doing this. I am a patron of some of these 3rd-party servers too.

I personally hope that things will eventually turn out for the better because I am still very excited in helping others as you have seen me do. Let us hope for the best and make this a learning lesson as we move forward.

screenshot-1628849849.png

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

il y a 8 minutes, topet2k12001 a dit :

Nice share...I kind of noticed that as well with how I was able to keep the gold "SD" background at 1280x720. So yeah, I think we can approach the file size issue by adjusting it via the bitrate instead, with obviously some loss of clarity but if we want to maintain the resolution, this is the way to attack it then. :)

I think though that it's not necessary to keep the resolution to 1920x1080 (1080p) anymore (although the actual DDR screen's resolution is). The game seems to be running natively at 1280x720 and it forces the output to be at this resolution anyway. I think keeping it at 720p is the best "middle ground" for file size vs. quality vs. resolution.

why ddr dont choose the hd version , and prefer to load sd version , its a RAM restriction? maybe need to  change a thing in gamemdx

Hello,

In a world where all of this hard work is purely voluntary (i.e. "I have a life, I have a family, I have a job too"), only kind words are what one would consider "fruits of labor" and hearing/reading them feels so rewarding.

Butterfly (our fork) has gone a long way. What initially started out as an individual project (a.k.a. "topet's butterfly"), eventually became a small group's project. On that note, this small group of individuals do not look at, nor weigh, their contributions in the quantitative sense. The fact of the matter is, there is mutual dependency in the contributions that went into (our fork of) butterfly in its current state, such that a missing piece/contribution by any single one in this group couldn't have made butterfly "whole" all by himself. In this sense, our contributions are weighted qualitatively and hence, as I personally see it, all are equal and therefore all individuals in this small group have equal stake for decisions involving this fork of butterfly.

These are the people who have helped make butterfly what it is today: @tw3nz0r @bman @Towlesy27 @Sirk @One Eternal Ash @kanor

And of course, @skogaby who is the original author of butterfly. I've only had a chance to talk to him a few times and learn a thing or two. But that simple act is what enabled and fueled me to embark on this journey.

This decision to (hopefully, momentarily) stop openly supporting the use of butterfly with DDR Arcade (Ripped) Data is a very painful decision, at least for me personally, because - and again, this is in no way undermining the group that made it for what it is today - the fact remains that it started as an individual person's project. As such I would almost say that this is my "baby" project. And as "small" of a project as it may be in the eyes of the more technically inclined, I unfortunately was "technically handicapped" throughout this entire journey, so whatever "little achievement" you can see (from the eyes of a technical person) is actually a milestone and a source of pride for me.

I am not about to be hypocritical about all of this because at the end of the day we know what "THIS" is. Do know that I personally took it with a heavy heart to make this decision. But I think, for the preservation of the greater good who will and should benefit in the long run, I believe that this decision has to be made.

Out of my love for the work that has been done, and out of consideration for the many others who try their best to help with the sustainability of making this game available, I am going to release a "final goodbye" public build (hopefully, goodbye only for now). This build is enough to last you up to any 2020-dated package, and will cease to fully function when the 2021-dated packages are leaked to the public (or when you use our butterfly fork on any 2021-dated builds).

In the meantime, you may use other 3rd-party online servers which provide the essentials for enjoying the game (score saving/tracking, score rivalry, force-unlocking of all songs, etc.). It is unfortunate that we had to (again, hopefully momentarily) stop making public builds since our fork of butterfly, although primarily envisioned for offline use, offers a very rich level of support and experience for DDR that goes the extra mile, in fact way beyond the essentials. Nonetheless, I have huge respect for all the maintainers/owners of the 3rd-party online servers. Putting up a server to function online where there a lot of users is in fact a stressful thing to do (on top of the fact this is purely voluntary plus volunteering material and non-material resources to maintain it). I am amazed at not only your work, but also your dedication for doing this. I am a patron of some of these 3rd-party servers too.

I personally hope that things will eventually turn out for the better because I am still very excited in helping others as you have seen me do. Let us hope for the best and make this a learning lesson as we move forward.

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

5 minutes ago, vinson77 said:

Help. :)

After applying MDX-2021031600 on top of my MDX-2021080400, I got the overlapping blue lines issue on my thumbnails...

was about to comment the same, i have that issue as well

it doesn't really break the game tho, but it looks off on my music select

Modifié par piotr25691

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

2 hours ago, piotr25691 said:

also now the game crashes on the self check screen right after it checks the security

what's happening that causes it to crash?

ok no response, redownload time

Modifié par piotr25691
bruh why u no respond :rage:

ATTENTION TO ALL!

For those who've been struggling to play A20 PLUS with the current 20210804 data, I strongly suggest to do this.

After you have copied all your 20200728 data to your game data, copy ONLY the following data files for all 2021 game data (includes 20210316 & 20210804):

For 20210316 data copy the following contents: jackets, thumbnails and startup.arc (from your arc folder) then all contents of mdb_apx and sound folder ONLY. DO NOT copy all the arc folder except for those contents I mentioned earlier.  Some of the graphical assets were tinkered in which you may see the thumbnail display on Select Music screen being obstrcuted by two thick horizontal lines (as reported by @vinson77).

For 20210804 data copy the whole data folder EXCEPT arkdata and modules.

This is only the current workaround I and @topet2k12001 can think of at the moment.

Modifié par johnjorell
Adding certain users to credit and corrected a statement.

hace 1 hora, johnjorell dijo:

For 20210316 data copy the following contents: jackets, thumbnails and startup.arc (from your arc folder) then all contents of mdb_apx and sound folder ONLY. DO NOT copy all the arc folder except for those contents I mentioned earlier.  Some of the graphical assets were tinkered in which you may see the thumbnail display on Select Music screen being obstrcuted by two thick horizontal lines (as reported by @vinson77).

Thanks for the advice.

I've made a little fix for that, providing the old graphic assets only for select music stuff, this avoids those lines in thumbnails.  

this is just a little fix while we get a real solution, because if I use 20210804 ark and modules my game crashes in profile .

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RPVYWE_zIV6eSDxQGNkjzSknaaHa0MwZ/view?usp=sharing

Modifié par axel093

7 minutes ago, fuck ddr said:

unable to connect to central server

WARNING EVERYONE!

to get the latest 20210804 working you'll need to do the following:

get 2020020300

apply 2020031700

then apply 2020072800

then apply the clean 2021031600

finally apply the clean 2021080400

DO NOT APPLY THE 2021080400 THAT DOES NOT SAY CLEAN OR THE GAME WILL CRASH!

also change the ea3-config server url as per this post

33 minutes ago, fuck ddr said:

Modifié par piotr25691

hace 1 hora, fuck ddr dijo:

Much appreciatted 👍👍👍 damn boi

Can you upload the data that contains  恋 "Koi" and ロキ "Roki" please (the one from june) ? 

9 minutes ago, johnjorell said:

Guys, check first if you can connect locally thru butterfly server and also check if you're not seeing a "please wait..." message pops in before the warning splash screen appears.

1. i can't (the network is busy. please try again later)

2. i do see "please wait..." before the warning splash screen

hace 4 horas, piotr25691 dijo:

WARNING EVERYONE!

to get the latest 20210804 working you'll need to do the following:

get 2020020300

apply 2020031700

then apply 2020072800

DO NOT APPLY THE 2021080400 THAT DOES NOT SAY CLEAN OR THE GAME WILL CRASH!

also change the ea3-config server url as per this post

Done with clean, but once it goes to caution screen this happens. 

[2021/08/12 17:03:43] W:DDR: EXCEPTION CATCH.
[2021/08/12 17:03:43] W:signal: exception raised: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
[2021/08/12 17:03:43] I:signal: printing callstack
[2021/08/12 17:03:44] I:stackwalker: 5C8C2408 (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2021/08/12 17:03:44] I:stackwalker: 5C99E62D (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2021/08/12 17:03:44] I:stackwalker: 5C97C1E1 (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2021/08/12 17:03:44] I:stackwalker: 5C99E687 (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2021/08/12 17:03:44] I:stackwalker: ERROR: StackWalk64-Endless-Callstack!, GetLastError: 0 (Address: 5C99E69B)
[2021/08/12 17:03:44] F:signal: end
[2021/08/12 17:03:44] I:launcher: stopping subsystems
[2021/08/12 17:03:44] I:logger: stop
[2021/08/12 17:03:45] I:rawinput: disposing devices

image.png.7b3b4313b3b97d92e0a32960c1da891e.png

Modifié par axel093

il y a 58 minutes, axel093 a dit :

Done with clean, but once it goes to caution screen this happens. 

[2021/08/12 17:03:43] W:DDR: EXCEPTION CATCH.
[2021/08/12 17:03:43] W:signal: exception raised: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
[2021/08/12 17:03:43] I:signal: printing callstack
[2021/08/12 17:03:44] I:stackwalker: 5C8C2408 (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2021/08/12 17:03:44] I:stackwalker: 5C99E62D (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2021/08/12 17:03:44] I:stackwalker: 5C97C1E1 (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2021/08/12 17:03:44] I:stackwalker: 5C99E687 (gamemdx): (unknown): gameMain
[2021/08/12 17:03:44] I:stackwalker: ERROR: StackWalk64-Endless-Callstack!, GetLastError: 0 (Address: 5C99E69B)
[2021/08/12 17:03:44] F:signal: end
[2021/08/12 17:03:44] I:launcher: stopping subsystems
[2021/08/12 17:03:44] I:logger: stop
[2021/08/12 17:03:45] I:rawinput: disposing devices

image.png.7b3b4313b3b97d92e0a32960c1da891e.png

it work for me
just follow the step

get 2020020300

apply 2020031700

then apply 2020072800

I'll let topet have the final word here, but announcement:

butterfly is no longer being publicly supported due to the recklessness of "f**k ddr" giving out n+1 data and advertising it to everyone on sows (pinging everyone there), pretty much all over 1cc, and on emuline.

This is extremely reckless behavior and can raise BIG red flags if konami sees it because the bemani pro league and ichika 2021 songs were leaked prematurely, and people were posting scores of them publicly on Facebook before they were even announced or released. We cannot continue to support butterfly because of this and to avoid any potential legal issues that can come with public server support for n+1 data and events.

A final release will occur soon to support ONLY 2020 date-codes and 2020 modules. That will be up to topet to drop.  2021 updates will throw a busy error upon pin entry.  Butterfly releases may be made public again in the future if this shit stops. Until then, please enjoy the hard work topet (and myself + others) has put into butterfly and thank him for his efforts.

And don't be stupid, don't post new data if you have it for OBVIOUS reasons, or Chris Hansen will show up at your house and ask you to have a seat right over there.

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001