Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution [A20] [A20 PLUS] [A3] [World] (Konami)

topet2k12001
Go to solution Solved by Gliss,

Messages recommandés

Hello,

In a world where all of this hard work is purely voluntary (i.e. "I have a life, I have a family, I have a job too"), only kind words are what one would consider "fruits of labor" and hearing/reading them feels so rewarding.

Butterfly (our fork) has gone a long way. What initially started out as an individual project (a.k.a. "topet's butterfly"), eventually became a small group's project. On that note, this small group of individuals do not look at, nor weigh, their contributions in the quantitative sense. The fact of the matter is, there is mutual dependency in the contributions that went into (our fork of) butterfly in its current state, such that a missing piece/contribution by any single one in this group couldn't have made butterfly "whole" all by himself. In this sense, our contributions are weighted qualitatively and hence, as I personally see it, all are equal and therefore all individuals in this small group have equal stake for decisions involving this fork of butterfly.

These are the people who have helped make butterfly what it is today: @tw3nz0r @bman @Towlesy27 @Sirk @One Eternal Ash @kanor

And of course, @skogaby who is the original author of butterfly. I've only had a chance to talk to him a few times and learn a thing or two. But that simple act is what enabled and fueled me to embark on this journey.

This decision to (hopefully, momentarily) stop openly supporting the use of butterfly with DDR Arcade (Ripped) Data is a very painful decision, at least for me personally, because - and again, this is in no way undermining the group that made it for what it is today - the fact remains that it started as an individual person's project. As such I would almost say that this is my "baby" project. And as "small" of a project as it may be in the eyes of the more technically inclined, I unfortunately was "technically handicapped" throughout this entire journey, so whatever "little achievement" you can see (from the eyes of a technical person) is actually a milestone and a source of pride for me.

I am not about to be hypocritical about all of this because at the end of the day we know what "THIS" is. Do know that I personally took it with a heavy heart to make this decision. But I think, for the preservation of the greater good who will and should benefit in the long run, I believe that this decision has to be made.

Out of my love for the work that has been done, and out of consideration for the many others who try their best to help with the sustainability of making this game available, I am going to release a "final goodbye" public build (hopefully, goodbye only for now). This build is enough to last you up to any 2020-dated package, and will cease to fully function when the 2021-dated packages are leaked to the public (or when you use our butterfly fork on any 2021-dated builds).

In the meantime, you may use other 3rd-party online servers which provide the essentials for enjoying the game (score saving/tracking, score rivalry, force-unlocking of all songs, etc.). It is unfortunate that we had to (again, hopefully momentarily) stop making public builds since our fork of butterfly, although primarily envisioned for offline use, offers a very rich level of support and experience for DDR that goes the extra mile, in fact way beyond the essentials. Nonetheless, I have huge respect for all the maintainers/owners of the 3rd-party online servers. Putting up a server to function online where there a lot of users is in fact a stressful thing to do (on top of the fact this is purely voluntary plus volunteering material and non-material resources to maintain it). I am amazed at not only your work, but also your dedication for doing this. I am a patron of some of these 3rd-party servers too.

I personally hope that things will eventually turn out for the better because I am still very excited in helping others as you have seen me do. Let us hope for the best and make this a learning lesson as we move forward.

screenshot-1628849849.png

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

In a world where all of this hard work is purely voluntary (i.e. "I have a life, I have a family, I have a job too"), only kind words are what one would consider "fruits of labor" and hearing/reading them feels so rewarding.

Butterfly (our fork) has gone a long way. What initially started out as an individual project (a.k.a. "topet's butterfly"), eventually became a small group's project. On that note, this small group of individuals do not look at, nor weigh, their contributions in the quantitative sense. The fact of the matter is, there is mutual dependency in the contributions that went into (our fork of) butterfly in its current state, such that a missing piece/contribution by any single one in this group couldn't have made butterfly "whole" all by himself. In this sense, our contributions are weighted qualitatively and hence, as I personally see it, all are equal and therefore all individuals in this small group have equal stake for decisions involving this fork of butterfly.

These are the people who have helped make butterfly what it is today: @tw3nz0r @bman @Towlesy27 @Sirk @One Eternal Ash @kanor

And of course, @skogaby who is the original author of butterfly. I've only had a chance to talk to him a few times and learn a thing or two. But that simple act is what enabled and fueled me to embark on this journey.

This decision to (hopefully, momentarily) stop openly supporting the use of butterfly with DDR Arcade (Ripped) Data is a very painful decision, at least for me personally, because - and again, this is in no way undermining the group that made it for what it is today - the fact remains that it started as an individual person's project. As such I would almost say that this is my "baby" project. And as "small" of a project as it may be in the eyes of the more technically inclined, I unfortunately was "technically handicapped" throughout this entire journey, so whatever "little achievement" you can see (from the eyes of a technical person) is actually a milestone and a source of pride for me.

I am not about to be hypocritical about all of this because at the end of the day we know what "THIS" is. Do know that I personally took it with a heavy heart to make this decision. But I think, for the preservation of the greater good who will and should benefit in the long run, I believe that this decision has to be made.

Out of my love for the work that has been done, and out of consideration for the many others who try their best to help with the sustainability of making this game available, I am going to release a "final goodbye" public build (hopefully, goodbye only for now). This build is enough to last you up to any 2020-dated package, and will cease to fully function when the 2021-dated packages are leaked to the public (or when you use our butterfly fork on any 2021-dated builds).

In the meantime, you may use other 3rd-party online servers which provide the essentials for enjoying the game (score saving/tracking, score rivalry, force-unlocking of all songs, etc.). It is unfortunate that we had to (again, hopefully momentarily) stop making public builds since our fork of butterfly, although primarily envisioned for offline use, offers a very rich level of support and experience for DDR that goes the extra mile, in fact way beyond the essentials. Nonetheless, I have huge respect for all the maintainers/owners of the 3rd-party online servers. Putting up a server to function online where there a lot of users is in fact a stressful thing to do (on top of the fact this is purely voluntary plus volunteering material and non-material resources to maintain it). I am amazed at not only your work, but also your dedication for doing this. I am a patron of some of these 3rd-party servers too.

I personally hope that things will eventually turn out for the better because I am still very excited in helping others as you have seen me do. Let us hope for the best and make this a learning lesson as we move forward.

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

In the end, all I wanted was for them to bring out "what the data have." Nothing matters to me, I live at the end of the world, I have nowhere to play an original machine (There is not) and everything I have achieved I have done by myself. When I asked for help 2 years ago, everyone refused and told me: you will never do it, and in the end I did. Without help from anyone and thanks to YouTube videos =) I congratulate you for having your data updated, enjoy them, just as I enjoy my work and the "ordinary" people who gave me their support. Overall, I do this to kill time in the quarantine of the pandemic.

=)

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

hace 5 minutos, topet2k12001 dijo:

Fair enough, I only learned about all of this during the Pandemic. I'm just an "ordinary person" like you but maybe I just worked harder, and it's not my fault for doing so either, right? I didn't have an easy time with this too so nobody can tell me that I got stuff out of convenience.

Again, I have nothing against your work but please, big "No No" is to misrepresent some information. People like you and me know the inner workings of this data, but a lot of other people don't. And it's unfair for them that you're labeling bemanipatcher as "A20 PLUS DLL Modding" when clearly it is not. It's like tricking people who know less. Please take it as a lesson learned, stop arguing and accept that you made a mistake, and correct it. That is the manly thing to do. People will respect you more for it, rather than keeping on arguing that what you did was right when clearly it wasn't.

Have a good weekend, brother.

Anyway, it's done. Nothing to do.

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello, new here and I'm seeking for some assistance in getting this to run in my machine.  I'm currently running into the problem of the game crashing (often after the game demonstration).  I've followed the directions in Q07 (unchecked the read-only attribute for the whole folder and ensured that I have conf/nvram and conf/raw folders created (they are also in the dev folder)).  I'm unfamiliar on how you get the error logs, but when I was looking at the Event Viewer it showed me this:

Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category

Error 8/7/2021 4:28:33 PM Application Error 1000 (100) "Faulting application name: launcher.exe_unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.24520, time stamp: 0x5d673e95

Exception code: 0xc00000fd

Fault offset: 0x000016ba

Faulting process id: 0xf30

Faulting application start time: 0x01d78bdb3394ab0f

Faulting application path: D:\MDX-001-2020020300\contents\launcher.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: cbfd603b-f7ce-11eb-927e-0019b9235cae"

For some specifics, I'm running the game on a Dell Optiplex 745 with Windows 7 connected to a Betson SN cabinet.  I'm able to run DDR A no problem with my set up.

edit:  Got it working, I had to use the CLVsd.ax instead of the k-clvsd.dll file for it to work properly

Modifié par dandydan25

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

Good evening,

I am using the dump recommended in the OP, Butterfly 1.4.0, and Spice Tools.

When I enable Premium Free in Spice Tools Config, the game almost never saves my scores once I exit the game and then restart. Maybe one every ten times I play I will get lucky and the game it will save them, but the only way to be sure to save data consistently is to turn this patch off.

My biggest goal is to save my scores without having to log in and punch in my PIN every three songs. Is there any easier way to do this? I've searched this thread and my logs without any good results. I'm happy to self-educate if someone can point me in the right direction.

Huge thanks to all the hard work that went into this project; it's a dream come true.

Modifié par BakPakMark

hace 40 minutos, BakPakMark dijo:

Good evening,

I am using the dump recommended in the OP, Butterfly 1.4.0, and Spice Tools.

When I enable Premium Free in Spice Tools Config, the game almost never saves my scores once I exit the game and then restart. Maybe one every ten times I play I will get lucky and the game it will save them, but the only way to be sure to save data consistently is to turn this patch off.

My biggest goal is to save my scores without having to log in and punch in my PIN every three songs. Is there any easier way to do this? I've searched this thread and my logs without any good results. I'm happy to self-educate if someone can point me in the right direction.

Huge thanks to all the hard work that went into this project; it's a dream come true.

Spicetools dont work for me, bemanitools run without problem for me (migrate its ready)

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

9 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

Hello,

You need to level-set your expectations in relation to this "mod" since it's technically a "hack." That being said, this is not how the game is officially designed to run. The game is programmed to start saving only when the game actually ends (e.g. that part of the game when you are being told that you can now take your card with you, before the game continues on to the "Thank You For Playing" screen). Applying this hack means that we are overriding this default behavior and keeping the game "stuck" at 1st stage, so I'm pretty sure you get the logic where I'm going with this.

There is a workaround that I haven't tried, that I think will work: your "last song" should be a course. :)

This way, the game is somehow forced to "end" and therefore you get to trigger game saving. Again I haven't tried this but you can give it a shot, and let us know.

Ah-HAH! A Plot Twist!

I do not have Courses available in my song selection... I didn't even know what they were until you mentioned them here and then I found people doing them on YouTube. Clearly I've done something wrong - I've been searching around and it looks like I may not be using Premium Play. I have no Nonstop/Dan selections available, so I cannot test this out until I figure out why.

If you have any ideas I would appreciate it, but also respect I need to keep doing my own homework. Thanks for your support so far!

2 hours ago, BakPakMark said:

Ah-HAH! A Plot Twist!

I do not have Courses available in my song selection... I didn't even know what they were until you mentioned them here and then I found people doing them on YouTube. Clearly I've done something wrong - I've been searching around and it looks like I may not be using Premium Play. I have no Nonstop/Dan selections available, so I cannot test this out until I figure out why.

If you have any ideas I would appreciate it, but also respect I need to keep doing my own homework. Thanks for your support so far!

Enable Gold Cabinet mode, and ensure your local server (or in some cases online server) have the courses in their database.

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

8 hours ago, santiago97 said:

It happens to someone else that the background music is not heard on the results screen?

Are you using a server or butterfly, If using a server disable event 47, if using a server you cant until the server disables that event.

Modifié par Akshuls

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001