Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution [A20] [A20 PLUS] [A3] [World] (Konami)

topet2k12001
Go to solution Solved by Gliss,

Messages recommandés

2 hours ago, Siggy12 said:

Sorry guys!

the thread confuse me a little cause we are talking about Arcade and Stepmania 

so I have a quesion, where I can get DDR Arcade Data A20 versions ?

Thank you for Your help!

first page in thread bro

Hello,

In a world where all of this hard work is purely voluntary (i.e. "I have a life, I have a family, I have a job too"), only kind words are what one would consider "fruits of labor" and hearing/reading them feels so rewarding.

Butterfly (our fork) has gone a long way. What initially started out as an individual project (a.k.a. "topet's butterfly"), eventually became a small group's project. On that note, this small group of individuals do not look at, nor weigh, their contributions in the quantitative sense. The fact of the matter is, there is mutual dependency in the contributions that went into (our fork of) butterfly in its current state, such that a missing piece/contribution by any single one in this group couldn't have made butterfly "whole" all by himself. In this sense, our contributions are weighted qualitatively and hence, as I personally see it, all are equal and therefore all individuals in this small group have equal stake for decisions involving this fork of butterfly.

These are the people who have helped make butterfly what it is today: @tw3nz0r @bman @Towlesy27 @Sirk @One Eternal Ash @kanor

And of course, @skogaby who is the original author of butterfly. I've only had a chance to talk to him a few times and learn a thing or two. But that simple act is what enabled and fueled me to embark on this journey.

This decision to (hopefully, momentarily) stop openly supporting the use of butterfly with DDR Arcade (Ripped) Data is a very painful decision, at least for me personally, because - and again, this is in no way undermining the group that made it for what it is today - the fact remains that it started as an individual person's project. As such I would almost say that this is my "baby" project. And as "small" of a project as it may be in the eyes of the more technically inclined, I unfortunately was "technically handicapped" throughout this entire journey, so whatever "little achievement" you can see (from the eyes of a technical person) is actually a milestone and a source of pride for me.

I am not about to be hypocritical about all of this because at the end of the day we know what "THIS" is. Do know that I personally took it with a heavy heart to make this decision. But I think, for the preservation of the greater good who will and should benefit in the long run, I believe that this decision has to be made.

Out of my love for the work that has been done, and out of consideration for the many others who try their best to help with the sustainability of making this game available, I am going to release a "final goodbye" public build (hopefully, goodbye only for now). This build is enough to last you up to any 2020-dated package, and will cease to fully function when the 2021-dated packages are leaked to the public (or when you use our butterfly fork on any 2021-dated builds).

In the meantime, you may use other 3rd-party online servers which provide the essentials for enjoying the game (score saving/tracking, score rivalry, force-unlocking of all songs, etc.). It is unfortunate that we had to (again, hopefully momentarily) stop making public builds since our fork of butterfly, although primarily envisioned for offline use, offers a very rich level of support and experience for DDR that goes the extra mile, in fact way beyond the essentials. Nonetheless, I have huge respect for all the maintainers/owners of the 3rd-party online servers. Putting up a server to function online where there a lot of users is in fact a stressful thing to do (on top of the fact this is purely voluntary plus volunteering material and non-material resources to maintain it). I am amazed at not only your work, but also your dedication for doing this. I am a patron of some of these 3rd-party servers too.

I personally hope that things will eventually turn out for the better because I am still very excited in helping others as you have seen me do. Let us hope for the best and make this a learning lesson as we move forward.

screenshot-1628849849.png

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

On 6/28/2021 at 8:31 PM, topet2k12001 said:

The "Patches" will not work for a particular date code until they are programmed into Spice Tool for that particular date code. That's the basic/simplified idea of how the "Patches" work.

There are more than one method of enabling those options and "Patches" via Spice Tools is just one of them. I discussed the available methods in the FAQ at the first post of this thread. You may do manual hex editing if you want, or simply enable/disable those options via butterfly (which I personally recommend because this is a "cleaner approach" as it doesn't involve "hacking" like hex editing).

"DDR Selection" can be enabled with butterfly as well by just importing the SQL scripts I provided in my releases.

Hi, first time user, just spent the last few hours trying to sort through everything. I set everything up and then saw FAQ32 that there was an incremental update, I overwrote the corresponding files, and it all works, but like the guy you responded to in this post, my Spice Tools has all the options locked out in red. I want to enable the Gold Cab for 2020031700 and I tried my best reading through everything but there's some stuff I unfortunately am not grasping very well. Is there no way to switch to Gold Cab for this current setup? Or is it just that the current iteration of Spice Tools doesn't support it through the patches tab? If the latter is there a way to get around that? I don't totally understand what is meant when it's mentioned that you can modify things "via butterfly". Does that mean the butterfly.sqlite file? I tried the Bemanipatcher website as well and when I imported the .dll file I went backwards in progress as the game seemed to crash before anything even displayed on screen.

Also side note, during my initial setup with 20200203, when I ran the sql.bat file, in butterfly.sqlite, the info/tables for the Golden Leagues section stayed blank no matter how many times I ran the .bat file. I eventually managed to figure out how to get it in there (I've never worked with SQL so I was just messing around making educated guesses) by dragging the Golden League SQL file into the Execute SQL tab, clicking the execute button, and saving the changes, just figured I'd mention that since I do not know if that was user error on my part or if something was just actually not working as intended in regard to the Golden League information not importing.

If there's anything I can provide to help clarify what might be going wrong please let me know. 

Modifié par Reveiller

Hello,

In a world where all of this hard work is purely voluntary (i.e. "I have a life, I have a family, I have a job too"), only kind words are what one would consider "fruits of labor" and hearing/reading them feels so rewarding.

Butterfly (our fork) has gone a long way. What initially started out as an individual project (a.k.a. "topet's butterfly"), eventually became a small group's project. On that note, this small group of individuals do not look at, nor weigh, their contributions in the quantitative sense. The fact of the matter is, there is mutual dependency in the contributions that went into (our fork of) butterfly in its current state, such that a missing piece/contribution by any single one in this group couldn't have made butterfly "whole" all by himself. In this sense, our contributions are weighted qualitatively and hence, as I personally see it, all are equal and therefore all individuals in this small group have equal stake for decisions involving this fork of butterfly.

These are the people who have helped make butterfly what it is today: @tw3nz0r @bman @Towlesy27 @Sirk @One Eternal Ash @kanor

And of course, @skogaby who is the original author of butterfly. I've only had a chance to talk to him a few times and learn a thing or two. But that simple act is what enabled and fueled me to embark on this journey.

This decision to (hopefully, momentarily) stop openly supporting the use of butterfly with DDR Arcade (Ripped) Data is a very painful decision, at least for me personally, because - and again, this is in no way undermining the group that made it for what it is today - the fact remains that it started as an individual person's project. As such I would almost say that this is my "baby" project. And as "small" of a project as it may be in the eyes of the more technically inclined, I unfortunately was "technically handicapped" throughout this entire journey, so whatever "little achievement" you can see (from the eyes of a technical person) is actually a milestone and a source of pride for me.

I am not about to be hypocritical about all of this because at the end of the day we know what "THIS" is. Do know that I personally took it with a heavy heart to make this decision. But I think, for the preservation of the greater good who will and should benefit in the long run, I believe that this decision has to be made.

Out of my love for the work that has been done, and out of consideration for the many others who try their best to help with the sustainability of making this game available, I am going to release a "final goodbye" public build (hopefully, goodbye only for now). This build is enough to last you up to any 2020-dated package, and will cease to fully function when the 2021-dated packages are leaked to the public (or when you use our butterfly fork on any 2021-dated builds).

In the meantime, you may use other 3rd-party online servers which provide the essentials for enjoying the game (score saving/tracking, score rivalry, force-unlocking of all songs, etc.). It is unfortunate that we had to (again, hopefully momentarily) stop making public builds since our fork of butterfly, although primarily envisioned for offline use, offers a very rich level of support and experience for DDR that goes the extra mile, in fact way beyond the essentials. Nonetheless, I have huge respect for all the maintainers/owners of the 3rd-party online servers. Putting up a server to function online where there a lot of users is in fact a stressful thing to do (on top of the fact this is purely voluntary plus volunteering material and non-material resources to maintain it). I am amazed at not only your work, but also your dedication for doing this. I am a patron of some of these 3rd-party servers too.

I personally hope that things will eventually turn out for the better because I am still very excited in helping others as you have seen me do. Let us hope for the best and make this a learning lesson as we move forward.

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

3 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

The .bat file depends on the presence of the SQL executable (sql.exe) which I provided in the "Releases" section of my fork of butterfly. Without it, the .bat file has nothing to use in order to process/execute the SQL scripts that's why "nothing happened" when you tried it (i.e. the table where the information should have been written remained blank).

I see. I did make sure to download all the sql related files before I did anything and it populated the global event data just fine but not the Golden League info for whatever reason. I'll just assume it was user error like you said though.

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

So I'm semi new here in terms of posting, but I went through all the old threads and this seemed to be a bit of a touchy subject before...  but does anyone have any hints for adding jackets/thumbs for songs you add yourself?

I managed to get SO DEEP (my all time favorite) running by getting the data from extreme after decrypting that.. and some shenanigans with XNA and junk with other random crap that i pieced together from posts in threads here.

But I cannot for the life of me get thumbnails/jackets to work. As soon as i touch for example jacket_thumbnails_ja_2.arc the game will crash on launch. Even if i just extract it then immediately package it up again with the same files in it.

Anyone got any tips? :D

So i wrote my own packer for for the arc files based off some python extractor that i found on github, and now it seems to work fine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Haven't bothered checking what my packer is doing right that arcutil.exe isn't though.

Modifié par kabal

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

14 minutes ago, topet2k12001 said:

Glad to know. :) Although somewhere in this thread a few pages back I remember the following:

1. Someone shared a suite of tools
2. Someone also made a how-to guide (YouTube video) particularly about jackets and thumbnails

Ah it can hard to find stuff in all the amazing content in these threads.

Oh well i had fun writing my own packer anyway! :D 

Il 16/7/2021 Alle 17:19, komikazui ha scritto:

first page in thread bro

Thank You for your help!

but I checked it before to post cause there is this

The original thread provides a link to DDR Ace (DDR A) which is data dump 20190422. Technically, that is not DDR A20 although it contains some A20 data already pre-loaded.

I'm looking for the Arcade Data A20.

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

• 2 semaines après...
10 minutes ago, Xcc said:

I'm trying to change my offset following the guide in the FAQ and it's causing the game to crash upon loading a song. Any ideas why? I'm on the 2020-03 data

Each version of the software has a different location of the file to edit for the hex edits.  The FAQ mentions only one specific version of data.  The spreadsheet of hex edits has all the different offsets.

7 minutes ago, Sheikster said:

Each version of the software has a different location of the file to edit for the hex edits.  The FAQ mentions only one specific version of data.  The spreadsheet of hex edits has all the different offsets.

Thank you, wasn't aware of the spreadsheet.

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

hace 11 minutos, topet2k12001 dijo:

This is not an "Omnimix." This is only a "Megamix." An "Omnimix" is a collection of ALL arcade-released songs + ALL console-released songs. Please be accurate so as to avoid causing confusion.

Thats it, have all cs and ac (include disney rave songs) 

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

• 2020-03-17
    • Force enable fast/slow
    • Force background judgement
    • Force darkest background
    • Song Unlock
    • Tutorial Skip
    • Timer Freeze
    • Unlock options
    • Enable DDR SELECTION
    • Premium Free
    • Mute announcer
    • Force DDR SELECTION theme everywhere
    • Choose forced theme
  • 2020-02-03
    • Auto Play
    • Gold Mode
    • Force enable fast/slow
    • Force background judgement
    • Force darkest background
    • Song Unlock
    • Tutorial Skip
    • Timer Freeze
    • Unlock options
    • Enable DDR SELECTION
    • Premium Free
    • Mute announcer
    • Force DDR SELECTION theme everywhere
    • Choose forced theme

image.png.0a27c7de07873f46839ce0fd291b29b4.png

anyway, I don't have to prove anything to anyone =) greetings!

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

hace 4 minutos, topet2k12001 dijo:

You merely edited the title of Bemanipatcher to say "A20 PLUS Dll Modder" but it's clearly not for A20 PLUS. The gamemdx.dll verisons you're using are for A20.

Did you even notify the original author of Bemanipatcher of your modification that you are renaming it from A20 to A20 PLUS while the patches are still really for A20?

It's not about proving anything. It's about being truthful. What a shame. Tsk tsk tsk....

its a wonderful shame =) i enjoy it ;)

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001

Hello,

teaser20210312.jpg

Modifié par topet2k12001