Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Daphne 4K, 60fps remastered and complete laserdisc arcade collection

LizardKing

Messages recommandés

Its your prerogative of course but would really love a windows version. I realize your hard core if your Linux only but Im just too old, lazy and impatient to use anything other than windows day to do basis and most people are' too.

@LizardKing

Ok, I have put together a Windows port of Hypseus Singe (v2.4.8)

https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe/tree/master/win32

If you unzip as "C:\Hypseus Singe" there is a lair.bat file in there to show you the format for running, pretty much the same arguments as Daphne.

I put the default hypinput.ini config file in the directory, you may want to alter - Note SDL2 key codes.

This should handle high resolutions within Daphne emulation, which the original emulator could not. We need some more Daphne HD video for testing :) 

See Cobra Command as example: 

http://www.emuline.org/topic/2053-arcade-pc-daphne-4k-60fps-remastered-and-complete-laserdisc-arcade-collection/?do=findComment&comment=99237

Appreciate any feedback.

Update:

• There was some question on the Windows port handling m2v files over 2Gb.
  • I have tested using a 2.5Gb Cobra Command 4K conversion Daphne m2v video file and a 3Gb Singe m2v file. 
  • The Windows port has not displayed any issue with files over 2Gb using Windows 10 (64bit).
  • I no longer have a 32bit version of Windows to test. 

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

• 2 semaines après...

Hello, 

I downloaded your ISO and thank you for all the good work you've done. 

My problem is : when I try to launch some games directly from the mounted ISO everything is ok 

But if I copy all the ISO content in a file on my Hard Drive

Some games doesn't start and i always have the same message in daphne log : 

Script F:\Emulation\LaunchBox\Games\Arcade\Daphne 4k\Daphne\singe\johnnyrock\johnnyrock does not exist.
Unknown command line parameter or parameter value:
-script

If someone know how to do ? 

I saw Darkvoid666 had the same problem few months ago but no one respond him. 

Did you get a solution ?

Modifié par yontala
Complement

1 hour ago, yontala said:

But if I copy all the ISO content in a file on my Hard Drive

-script

You are running a local (i.e. on your hard drive) version of Daphne without Singe support.

Maybe it's time to try Hypseus Singe ;)

Hello, xx0ToT0xx

I don't think it's a local version problem because all Daphne singe games runs except some of them.

For example I can run Mad dog mc ree and Mad dog 2 but not Who shot johnny rock ?

3 hours ago, yontala said:

Script F:\Emulation\LaunchBox\Games\Arcade\Daphne 4k\Daphne\singe\johnnyrock\johnnyrock does not exist.
-script

Then you carefully need to look at the command line arguments it is running, as Daphne isn't recognising one of them:

Make sure you are "quoting" any argument with spaces in it.

I would be expecting this argument to be "F:\Emulation\LaunchBox\Games\Arcade\Daphne 4k\Daphne\singe\johnnyrock\johnnyrock.singe"  <- Note: .singe

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

On 4/15/2021 at 5:41 AM, LizardKing said:

Update V7 - 2020-04-14

- I had another go at Thayer's Quest and there is a new 4K (1440p) version included in this. I used MadVR and captured the output. Resulting in something very decent in my opinion considering the LaserDisc capture is quite bad. If anyone has a lossless copy of the LD I would love to have another go at this. Still currently this is the best out there with Daphne at this point. I split the VOB into two parts as Daphne will not work with a video over 2GB. This allows a 1440P version with a reasonable quality MPEG2.

- Since I had good results with Thayer's quest I ran Cobra Command through MADVR and am calling this an HQ version which is also included. Daphne does not allow an upscaled version of this game but in my opinion this version looks better. Again, if someone has a better LD capture I would be happy to have another go but cant do a lot with Daphne. Maybe someone can make a Singe 2 version?

- This version utilizes the bezel project and works similar I guess to Rocketlauncher (although I did not look at it or the code) if you want this option. I have an outstanding issue with the ALT key pausing/unpausing the game when using Bezels and not sure how to fix that right now. Its because Daphne is running in a window. If anyone wants to help fix let me know.

Link V6 to V7 Update Zip:

https://mega.nz/file/St4yVA5I#UmheX3atutWiTRSSyzW7etE0O4CpKxF5XY1a73Z009o

Full ISO:

https://mega.nz/file/axYG2RCR#6jIEO8rAU_U4JZt-sbjT_AP7_4Ba9ondnFIKTjZJrY8

4K Cobra Command processed video (not for Daphne. For demo purposes (has a little ringing)):

https://mega.nz/file/boxARRzD#NvQVNolo4PX6oX7nLdEH62NbeDRi9hkv6BW5CbW97FU

Thanks your sharing! I have a problem about Cobra Command QHD. The default setting is random stage. Even I press the key F2 to change the setting but no control and no luck.

Can help me to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Daphne.png

• 1 mois après...

Thank you @LizardKing for your work. I have two brief questions, concerning only Lair, Ace, and Lair2.

1) Did you start from the HD footage that has been released by Digital Leisure at some point in the past? The 60fps versions show clearly a sort of temporal interpolation (handled, I suppose, by some machine learning algorithm), but the 4K "normal fps" are sometimes very different from the original (chromatically). Is it intended or a side effect of some upscaling algorithm?

2) Your video files do not unfortunately play on RetroPi (on a raspberry pi 4). I have just realised you distributed a modified version of Daphne (under windows), so they are not supposed to work with the vanilla Daphne under Linux. Any chance to release its source code, so that maybe it can be compiled for raspberry pi? 

Thank you again for your work.

23 hours ago, meekeee said:

2) Your video files do not unfortunately play on RetroPi (on a raspberry pi 4). I have just realised you distributed a modified version of Daphne (under windows), so they are not supposed to work with the vanilla Daphne under Linux. Any chance to release its source code, so that maybe it can be compiled for raspberry pi? 

@meekeee

For the Pi, you might want to checkout: https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe

Use the RetroPie branch:

git clone --single-branch --branch RetroPie https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe.git

• 2 semaines après...
On 01/07/2021 at 6:57 AM, wemr97dl said:

Just wondering would i remap keys using the dainput.ini for an arcade cabinet with an ipac??

This thing looks great, Thanks

@wemr97dl

Not certain if you are referring to Hypseus here or not....

If so, you would use hypinput.ini, using SDL2 keycodes (details in link).

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

• 2 semaines après...

@LizardKing

Thank you for your work. I'm going to be 50 years old soon. I played these back when they were the popular games. To see them again like this is amazing. I had no trouble downloading or installing. I even figured out how to adjust my buttons for my arcade cab. Everything is working great.

I do have 1 question...

For Space Ace Enhanced 4K.. it seems to have the long boot.. is there a way to activate fastboot? I'm afraid to mess with any lines.

Let me know where I can donate a few bucks. I certainly would love to buy you a beer.

On 7/3/2021 at 9:54 PM, xxOToTOxx said:

@wemr97dl

Not certain if you are referring to Hypseus here or not....

If so, you would use hypinput.ini, using SDL2 keycodes (details in link).

Thanks for the reply, was not using  Hypseus, Looked into it but haven't tried it, Instructions area little vague to me, running windows on an arcade cabinet

6 hours ago, wemr97dl said:

Thanks for the reply, was not using  Hypseus, Looked into it but haven't tried it, Instructions area little vague to me, running windows on an arcade cabinet

No problem. There is no frontend for Hypseus, but there is a zip file with batch files in the hypseus repo for the standard games.

Beyond that, I assume some familiarity with Daphne and Singe argument altering.

Regarding your long boot on Space Ace Enhanced (sae): there is no option in the daphne codebase to enable -fastboot:

void ace::patch_roms()
{
    if (m_fastboot) {
        m_cpumem[0x121b] = 0x00;
        m_cpumem[0x123a] = 0x00;
    }
}

void sae::patch_roms()
{
    bool passed_test = false;

// NOW check to make sure the SAE readme file is present and unaltered
    // Dave Hallock requested this check to make sure sites don't remove his
    // readme file
    // and distribute SAE.

passed_test = verify_required_file("readme.txt", "sae", 0xCA4E20E6);

// if they failed the test then exit hypseus
    if (!passed_test) {
        LOGI << "The SAE readme.txt file is missing or altered.";
        LOGI << "Please get the original file from www.d-l-p.com, thanks.";
        set_quitflag();
    }
}

• 4 semaines après...
On 7/14/2021 at 9:12 AM, xxOToTOxx said:

No problem. There is no frontend for Hypseus, but there is a zip file with batch files in the hypseus repo for the standard games.

Beyond that, I assume some familiarity with Daphne and Singe argument altering.

Looking into Hypseus it looks great, I will give it a go soon.

So All the Files I have will work, I would just nee to convert the video for some games Correct??

Any other questions I'll post there

Modifié par wemr97dl

On 8/6/2021 at 6:20 AM, wemr97dl said:

So All the Files I have will work, I would just nee to convert the video for some games Correct??

Any other questions I'll post there

All MPEG-2 (.mv2) files you already have (for Daphne or Singe 1) will continue to work as in Daphne Singe.

You only need to worry about converting files:

1. If you are trying to run one of the ported Singe 2 games
  2. You have an MP4 like LizardKing's contribution here. 
  3. Or you are doing some sort of video conversion yourself like the gorgeous upscale from @Nit3H8wk

hyp-roadblaster.png

hyp-esha.png

hyp-sdq.png

hyp-badlands.png

hyp-cliff.png

hyp-cobra.png

You can use ffmpeg for easy and fast conversion, See some examples on the Singe 2 conversion page here:

https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus_singe_data

Note: You can alter the bitrate and quality with '-qscale:v 4 -b:v 6000k' these arguments, but be aware of the resulting file size.

However, there is not a 2Gb file size limit in Hypseus as in Daphne.

Modifié par xxOToTOxx

• 2 mois après...
  • 4 mois après...

A little joy has been brought to the world. Thank you, Sirdrak, for getting this ball rolling. And thank you, LizardKing, for taking that ball and running and running and running. 

I happened upon Sirdrak's work yesterday and was stunned at the absolute leap in quality over every version of Dragon's Lair I had purchased over the years (yeah, I have all versions of Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, too). Of course, it didn't take long to then find LizardKing's stuff. 

The screenshots below are for those of you who have Sirdrak's videos and, like me, are wondering if it is worth downloading all over again. Is it that much better? I started downloading the archive and got far enough into it to extract the Space Ace attract video and did a comparison. My answer is, yes, as awesome as the Sirdrak's videos are, LizardKing's are even awesomer.

The first thing I noticed was that LizardKing's videos still contained dust from the originals. Nope, that is not dust, those are meant to be there. The algorithm and/or settings were thorough enough to determine that these particles should be in the video (left), whereas the previous encode smoothed them out.

1800937259_Ace-noise.png.c2d3dcabdc9accd8dd9bd5cb26611b57.png

This frame shows a lot of differences -- I could spend a lot of time circling the differences in detail, sharpness, and color...

260343414_Ace-detail.png.9f2a1fcf38a6e859c7d00eefc15e7171.png

... but I'll just zoom in one spot:

1663080475_Ace-detail-400percent.png.8a7f30459418cae397dbe7cf4b90e3fe.png

Again, thank you guys very much for the work you have put into this.

Sorry, those screenshots came in way smaller than I expected. Here is another zoom showing a few rivets that remained in LizardKing's video but were smeared in Sirdrak's (and some differences in sharpness):

1678304776_compare-rivitsmear.PNG.c843ed3d18baa40dabea6e1587addc2f.PNG

and more sharpness differences:

303419343_compare-head.PNG.757920efe7d47aa00aa39869c183f370.PNG

A couple things to note that make this less than a perfect comparison:

* I used the 16:9 encode from Sirdrak and the 4:3 encode from LizardKing. 

* All of the screen captures were done from a video window that was smaller than the video's native resolution.

Modifié par RichardAE

• 2 semaines après...
  • 1 mois après...

This is absolutely amazing work all around, thank you so much! I am just having a tiny problem though that neither computer I am trying this on is liking the resolutions/fullscreen mode that are picked. It's either blowing up video on my 4K monitor so I only see the upper left quadrant (for the 4K games, and/or not using OpenGL), or it's blowing around all sides, like it's displaying around 125% zoom and cutting off all 4 edges (with OpenGL).

When I look at the Daphne log I see it's forcing fullscreen and specific resolutions, depending on the game. Is there any way to override it from doing this? So I can just manually set fullscreen and/or res for the game? It seems like those are "untouchable" beyond what can be tweaked in the "Advanced" box unless I am missing something (if I set -x/-y it still forces fullscreen, just changes the entire display res instead of a window size). When I use the command lines from the Daphne log but without forcing fullscreen it at least works ok.

Seeing similar glitchiness with fullscreen/res selections on both a PC with a Geforce 970 (yep, old..) in 4K and a Surface Pro 8 with Intel graphics (not full 4K but better than 1080, which might be some of the confusion since it's 3:2 aspect ratio). 

Again, this is awesome, and even with the glitchiness I've been spending the last few days deeply stuck in 1983.. ;)

@LizardKing

Hello

First of all I wanted to thank you for the wonderful job you have done with daphne 4k v7.

I had an old version of daphne, but this one is superior and of better quality and some games have audio in Spanish, it's fantastic.

But I have seen on the internet HD versions of games like Mad Dog McCree 1 and 2, Drugs Wars 1 and 2,etc...etc... They asked me if you would release a version with these games and another one in HD version ?

The v7 version of the year 2020 and I don't know if there is a more modern version or if you plan to release another version ?

thanks

Modifié par harrisillo

• 2 semaines après...
  • 1 mois après...
On 8/6/2021 at 5:48 PM, xxOToTOxx said:

All MPEG-2 (.mv2) files you already have (for Daphne or Singe 1) will continue to work as in Daphne Singe.

You only need to worry about converting files:

1. If you are trying to run one of the ported Singe 2 games
  2. You have an MP4 like LizardKing's contribution here. 
  3. Or you are doing some sort of video conversion yourself like the gorgeous upscale from @Nit3H8wk

hyp-roadblaster.png

hyp-esha.png

hyp-sdq.png

hyp-badlands.png

hyp-cliff.png

hyp-cobra.png

You can use ffmpeg for easy and fast conversion, See some examples on the Singe 2 conversion page here:

https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus_singe_data

Note: You can alter the bitrate and quality with '-qscale:v 4 -b:v 6000k' these arguments, but be aware of the resulting file size.

However, there is not a 2Gb file size limit in Hypseus as in Daphne.

Hi Guys, Where can I download these.

Thanks

• 3 semaines après...
  • 3 semaines après...
On 8/14/2022 at 7:33 AM, drewjbs said:

Looking through my backups I found the game Goal to Goal, I have all the files....m2v, ogg, and rom,  but I am missing the framefile. Anyone happen to have the framefile for this game?

Obviously change the path ;)
D:\HyperSpin\emulators\daphne\vldp_dl\gtg
1 gtg.m2v

• 1 mois après...

Concerned-Skeleton.jpg

On 9/1/2020 at 6:21 PM, LizardKing said:

I started work on an upscaled version of Dragon's Lair and Space Ace about a month ago then discovered I was beaten to it by Sirdrak (thank you).

I thought there may be something more I could do here so I upscaled the deep learning versions to 4K using waifu2x-caffe and produced some HD 60fps versions too (with FFMPEG).

I added a little custom desktop front end which allows easy launching, decent configuration (including spanish audio and widescreen) and command line support.

I then upscaled Thayer's quest, although the source video was not great and I also added the remastered version of Cliff Hanger, tested it all and with the front end, cleaned it all up and bundled it altogether in an easy to use ISO and here it is:

https://mega.nz/file/axYG2RCR#6jIEO8rAU_U4JZt-sbjT_AP7_4Ba9ondnFIKTjZJrY8

I wanted to share this and I feel many will like it.

Basically these are the first 4K versions of Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, Thayers Quest, and Dragon's Lair 2. Nobody else has seen them other than me. Those are the only 4 games in Daphne capable of running at other resolutions. Since the remastered SD version of Cliff Hanger is the only other good quality video I decided to add that too.

I'm not regularly involved on this site but this looked like the best place to release it. I am not regularly using Mega either so the link is probably only good for a month. Rehost If you like.

Some feedback would be nice, and enjoy.

Credit to Sirdrak here. Its all because of him.

------------------------------

Updated 2020-10-26

- New redone 60fps versions using highest settings.

- Cliff Hanger will now play in 16:19 if the aspect ration/widescreen option is set.

Updated 2020-10-31

- Huge update.

- Now includes every arcade laserdisc game including AML and arcade singe. This is now a complete laserdisc arcade collection.

- I realize the download is huge but I believe this is a good release and I do not personally have a problem with what is done with it. If you complain be prepared to be told to go f*ck yourself!

- I removed the 14 pixel border from Cliff Hanger

- Cliffhanger 60fps version.

- New setting to make widescreen (16:0) look better by stretching slightly vertically. I tend to not like 4:3 myself.

- Batch files now included for all games. Easy to see how to launch from another frontend

Updated 2020-11-25

- To maintain full compatibility with front ends, cobraab is now properly accepted as command line argument.

Updated 2021-01-22

- Small update to Daphne 4k.exe - Adds Us Vs. Them to other games and renames Star Blazer to StarBlazer. Note that Starblazer is a clone of Galaxy Ranger and not the same as the Singe game which was not an arcade game hence not included,

- Links are all still valid and working. The Mega account is paid up until end of the summer.

Updated 2021-02-24

- Star Blazers (Singe 1) by Karis and Famawizard has been added. Starblazer which is just the Japanese version of Galaxy Ranger has been removed to avoid confusion. Star Blazers was in fact in the arcades but only in Japan,

- New reverse uip/down keyboard controls option. This only affects mach 3, galaxy ranger, astron belt, and cobra command. These games used a kind of flight stick in the arcades and up down was reversed. To me, it seemed like a useful option and makes playing these games more logical and playable on a keyboard or joystick. Link updated.

Updated 2020-04-14

- I had another go at Thayer's Quest and there is a new 4K (1440p) version included in this. I used MadVR and captured the output. Resulting in something very decent in my opinion considering the LaserDisc capture is quite bad. If anyone has a lossless copy of the LD I would love to have another go at this. Still currently this is the best out there with Daphne at this point. I split the VOB into two parts as Daphne will not work with a video over 2GB. This allows a 1440P version with a reasonable quality MPEG2.

- Since I had good results with Thayer's quest I ran Cobra Command through MADVR and am calling this an HQ version which is also included. Daphne does not allow an upscaled version of this game but in my opinion this version looks better. Again, if someone has a better LD capture I would be happy to have another go but cant do a lot with Daphne. Maybe someone can make a Singe 2 version?

- This version utilizes the bezel project and works similar I guess to Rocketlauncher (although I did not look at it or the code) if you want this option. I have an outstanding issue with the ALT key pausing/unpausing the game when using Bezels and not sure how to fix that right now. Its because Daphne is running in a window. If anyone wants to help fix let me know.

thanks, but 62 GB without split rars and maybe even par files? 

Modifié par DigitalMenace

• 4 semaines après...
  • 1 mois après...
5 hours ago, msouthern said:

Is there a way to change the settings in the games? Example (Space Ace) cadet, captain, space ace levels?

Yeah, learn about Daphne `-bank` arguments.

Space Ace level is selected via controller buttons KEY_SKILL? at play start: 

• 3 mois après...
Le 15/04/2021 à 16:23, xxOToTOxx a dit :

@LizardKing

Thank you so much for these, grabbed them earlier today. Thayer's Quest has never looked better.

I also have some news on the Cobra Command 4K rip working in Daphne, well actually Hypseus Singe: https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe

I crudely converted the .mp4 from link above to .m2v and .ogg files using ffmpeg:

ffmpeg -i Cobra\ Command\ Laserdisc\ 4k\ CRF\ 12\ Preset\ Slower\ With\ AAC\ 320KB.mp4 -an -codec:v mpeg2video -b 4182k cobra.m2v
ffmpeg -i Cobra\ Command\ Laserdisc\ 4k\ CRF\ 12\ Preset\ Slower\ With\ AAC\ 320KB.mp4 -vn -c:a libvorbis -ar 44100 -map a -b:a 160k cobra.ogg

-rw-rw-r--  1 pi pi        300 Apr 15 14:59  cc-frame53930_to_end.dat
-rw-rw-r--  1 pi pi    1889522 Apr 15 14:59  cc-frame53930_to_end.m2v
-rw-rw-r--  1 pi pi         54 Apr 30  2016  cobraab.txt
-rw-rw-r--  1 pi pi 9286105879 Apr 15 14:36 'Cobra Command Laserdisc 4k CRF 12 Preset Slower With AAC 320KB.mp4'
-rw-rw-r--  1 pi pi     216048 Apr 15 14:54  cobra.dat
-rw-rw-r--  1 pi pi 2359733600 Apr 15 14:49  cobra.m2v
-rw-rw-r--  1 pi pi   29348487 Apr 15 14:54  cobra.ogg
-rw-rw-r--  1 pi pi         54 Apr 30  2016  cobra.txt

I also up-scaled your cc-frame53930_to_end.m2v to match the resolution

ffmpeg -i cc-frame53930_to_end_orig.m2v -an -vf scale=2880:2160 -codec:v mpeg2video -b 4182k cc-frame53930_to_end.m2v

And have Cobra Command running in full resolution (1600x1200 below) overlays line up correctly:

hypseus-min.png.98d39314cda3f54654533dbafcdf73d6.png

1600x1200 external image:

cobracommand.png

hypseus.bin cobraab vldp  -keymapfile flightkey.ini -x 1600 -y 1200 -framefile /home/pi/.daphne/vldp/cobraab/cobraab.txt -homedir /home/pi/.daphne -datadir /home/pi/.daphne  

I can't upload the full res screenshot image as it's too large, but above is a down-scaled version and external image.

Hypsues Singe can also handle video files over the 2Gb limit so no need to split.

mediainfo cobra.m2v
General
Complete name                            : cobra.m2v
Format                                   : MPEG Video
Format version                           : Version 2
File size                                : 2.20 GiB
Duration                                 : 30 min 0 s
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 10.5 Mb/s

Video
Format                                   : MPEG Video
Format version                           : Version 2
Format profile                           : Main@High
Format settings, BVOP                    : No
Format settings, Matrix                  : Default
Format settings, GOP                     : N=12
Duration                                 : 30 min 0 s
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 10.5 Mb/s
Width                                    : 2 880 pixels
Height                                   : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 4:3
Frame rate                               : 30.000 FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.056
Time code of first frame                 : 00:00:00:00
GOP, Open/Closed                         : Open
GOP, Open/Closed of first frame          : Closed
Stream size                              : 2.20 GiB (100%)

Hello excuse me but  your Cobra Command 4k don t work on Daphne...i tried but nothing my friend....if possible help me

Il y a 1 heure, CharlieChan a dit :

If that one doesn't work, try this one:

But they both work for me.

Excuse me but you use as me Cobra Command 4k on Daphne? Because i tried the version of 2 gigabyte but nothing.....And i don t find the other version you say my kind  friend...If possible help me with Cobra Command 4k on Daphne and only if possibile help me if exist...with a fullscreen 16/9(not letterbox not Wide screen but 16/9 fullscreen) 4k version of  Cliff Hanger and Hayate HD and forgive me for my requests with a fullscreen 16/9 vers both the two chapters of Mad Dog....Tia for your help and i my kindness my friend...