Aller au contenu

[Arcade PC] Time Crisis 5 (Namco System ES3)

Invité kimsama

Messages recommandés

14 minutes ago, titchgamer said:

Cheers guys, I figured it should run as it has no issues with most other stuff but I just get a white screen every time :(

Have a look at page 22 of this thread someone had a error problem and he wrote he solved it with c++ maybe it’ll solve your problem as well try if you like

2 hours ago, R.R.Z. said:

Have a look at page 22 of this thread someone had a error problem and he wrote he solved it with c++ maybe it’ll solve your problem as well try if you like

Worth a shot! Cheers.

EDIT: Just tried that but I already have it installed so not that either.

I may just have to give up on this one :(

Modifié par titchgamer

5 minutes ago, vitamina said:

si, io uso f11 ma risulta questo 

is not fullscreen

Then try to extract the game again and start from the beginning runing the bat file very strange problem it should work from the beginning full screen don’t use a loader for it

8 minutes ago, vitamina said:

si, io uso f11 ma risulta questo 

is not fullscreen

Also r u using 1080p or 4k monitor?

Modifié par R.R.Z.

5 minutes ago, vitamina said:

but i try now when i use start.bat run full screen when i use game loader not full screen but run start.bat imput does not work

Input? What r u using a mouse a lightgun?

3 minutes ago, vitamina said:

i read but not write start and coin

Shift+t-coin

skip cutscene/change weapen-o

Modifié par R.R.Z.

35 minutes ago, vitamina said:

grazie risolvo l'impostazione a schermo intero sull'opzione caricatore di gioco ;-) input con il caricatore di gioco funziona

Ma ho una domanda possibile giocare a due giocatori?

If I understood correctly you’re asking about 2 players I don’t know because I didn’t try

Firstly many thanks Kimsama!

Secondly I think I have found a solution for forcing the crosshair to be shown always without ever using Shift+H (side effect is that it shows even during cut scenes).  It's not the most elegant solution, but I'm hoping to get the ball rolling for someone who has better technical capabilities and time to refine it.  I'll start simple with the solution, and then I'll explain the reason why it works afterwards for those that are interested in progressing this...

Instructions:

First of all you need to grab the attached Cheat Engine table file.  Inside is a script that will enable the crosshair permanently.  Once you've loaded up the game and attached to the Time Crisis 5 process you can just tick active and the crosshair will always be enabled.  If you don't know how to do this please google Cheat Engine basics.  I've managed to enable the script from main menu and played through the game a few times with no problems.  This must be done every time you launch the game.  If you find it doesn't do anything then the pointer path is invalid, so if you restart the game or reboot the computer (might take a try or two) you should find an instance where the path is valid.  If there are widespread reports that the pointer is unreliable then I will try to refine it further, but I've not had a problem for some days.

NOTE: You do not even need to do Shift+H once at the start of the game, the crosshair will automatically be enabled starting from the tutorial if you enable the script from main menu.

Technical info:

There's a single byte that is toggled between 0 (off) and 1 (on) for enabling the crosshair, but it is only initialized after a game begins so no one has the time to mess around freezing the value.  On top of that the address actually seems to change sometimes even between levels so you can't just freeze and forget.

Besides the code that seems to write to that byte when you toggle Shift+H on and off (on and off is actually done from 2 different lines of one function), I discovered there is a loop that continuously checks the value of that byte, I assume it's checked once every game loop to decide if it should render the crosshair on that particular frame or not.  The cheat table basically modifies that function to always write 1 into the byte, thus enabling it for everywhere it's capable to be rendered.

This function handles many many different variables so there's a basic compare against a pointer path I've found to reliably point to the byte location and only writes 1 to the address if they match.  There's probably further performance enhancements to be had by adding another check and not do anything if the value is already 1, but I was getting very smooth game play with it so I don't think it's necessary.  By writing 1 to the variable every game loop there's never a chance for the game to turn it off because as soon as it's off it'll be enabled again.

No AOB scans were conducted as the game is unlikely to be updated often (if at all) so the EXE should stay constant over time.  It probably won't work out of the box for people who have various things injected into / modified the EXE to make their controller work though, but if you're familiar with Cheat Engine you should be able to easily reverse engineer your own version of my script.

My hopes are that someone can use this to determine the exact function call that switches the crosshair off and write a direct patch (or at least code replacement in hex editor) to disable it rather than having to run Cheat Engine every time.

I probably won't have time to do any more on this but feel free to mess around with the script as you wish.

PS. Looking around the byte where the setting is stored in memory, it's quite sparse and a lot of it seem like it could possibly be values for other settings (I could be wrong, I'm not very experience in this matter), perhaps around there is a byte to turn on network functions?  Just dreaming out loud hehe

Enjoy

TimeCrisisGame-Win64-Shipping.CT

22 hours ago, titchgamer said:

Worth a shot! Cheers.

EDIT: Just tried that but I already have it installed so not that either.

I may just have to give up on this one :(

R u using it with or without a loader?

if you haven’t tried without a loader you can run the start.bat file in win64 folder and it works fine 

hope it’ll work for you eventually its a great game

Modifié par R.R.Z.

Well i tried a bit more tonight, The Start.bat will not load the game for me period just white screen.
If I run the exe file directly it will sometimes load and sometimes not.

I thought I had cracked it originally as I change the default GPU to use my main GPU which worked to get it to load, But the next time I tried it back to white screen :(

I am just going to give up on it as its just not worth this much effort and having to constantly restart my laptop on the off chance it might decide to load.

1 hour ago, titchgamer said:

Well i tried a bit more tonight, The Start.bat will not load the game for me period just white screen.
If I run the exe file directly it will sometimes load and sometimes not.

I thought I had cracked it originally as I change the default GPU to use my main GPU which worked to get it to load, But the next time I tried it back to white screen :(

I am just going to give up on it as its just not worth this much effort and having to constantly restart my laptop on the off chance it might decide to load.

You could try Jconfig and run RSLauncher.exe which is found in the first folder called "Time Crisis 5". Turn up the mouse sensitivity in Jconfig, find Tiberius' method of changing a few settings and you get pretty good lightgun support (if you're using a lightgun). 

It sounds like you tried the exe but I don't think the start.bat is meant to work or at least I've never used it. 

Modifié par JustinCredible81

19 ore fa, JustinCredible81 ha scritto:

You could try Jconfig and run RSLauncher.exe which is found in the first folder called "Time Crisis 5". Turn up the mouse sensitivity in Jconfig, find Tiberius' method of changing a few settings and you get pretty good lightgun support (if you're using a lightgun). 

It sounds like you tried the exe but I don't think the start.bat is meant to work or at least I've never used it. 

excuse me i tried the new j configuration but  dont work all the relative buttons on my xbox gamepad..like crosshair  button..and gun and trigger buttons..work only start and coins buttons but all others not

10 hours ago, Rex2573 said:

excuse me i tried the new j configuration but  dont work all the relative buttons on my xbox gamepad..like crosshair  button..and gun and trigger buttons..work only start and coins buttons but all others not

I have no idea, I don't use it I was just giving an idea to someone who can't get the game to start, and I would never use a controller for Time Crisis. Try the new one that was just posted one post above this one. 

Modifié par JustinCredible81

On 8/30/2020 at 4:56 AM, Tiberius said:

Exciting news for Wiimote users.........(and maybe other light gun users as the idea might be applicable to them as well especially ones that are seen as a mouse)

Have got this working and playable in Mode 4 and Touchmote-needs some fine tuning before a full share

No ahk needed either on any of the buttons.

Loads, add coin, skip scenes, aim and shoot (sometimes even hit!!--I never said I was good at the game) and exits all from the comfort of a Wiimote.

Going to go make it 100% for mode 4 users, and then get it to work in Mode 2 as well for the Mode 2 users (think this will need the use of ahk though) before making a video and then sharing.

Just wanted to let people know progress is being made

What all did you change in the ini's for Lost Land Adventure to get the lightgun working? Just this?:

line 8 from bEnableMouseSmoothing=true to EnableMouseSmoothing=true
 line 37 from Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX") to Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Axis aMouseX Speed=0.05")
 line 38 from Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY") to Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Axis aMouseY Speed=0.05")

Anything in the DefaultInput.ini file?

I have what may be an odd situation but hoping someone can help!

I play lightgun games in VR using Virtual Desktop - this means I have a huge screen and the Rift touch controller replicates a mouse, so works in Teknoparrot and Game Loader All RH just fine, so I can play Sega Golden Gun, Operation Ghost etc.

On TC5, tt works as a mouse in the menus, but once the game starts the crosshair move to the corner. I've seen other posts with people with a similar issue, but not in my situation. I've had the same issue on a PC game (Blue Estate), and setting mouse to Raw mode in the ingame menu fixed it - don't know if there's something similar in TC5 config files, but I can't find anything.

I tried to install PPjoy but to no avail on Win 10 64 bit - I don't even know if that would work anyway.

Is anyone playing in VR with Virtual Desktop, by any chance? Very grateful for any help!

Invité kimsama
7 hours ago, monkeyspasm said:

I have what may be an odd situation but hoping someone can help!

I play lightgun games in VR using Virtual Desktop - this means I have a huge screen and the Rift touch controller replicates a mouse, so works in Teknoparrot and Game Loader All RH just fine, so I can play Sega Golden Gun, Operation Ghost etc.

On TC5, tt works as a mouse in the menus, but once the game starts the crosshair move to the corner. I've seen other posts with people with a similar issue, but not in my situation. I've had the same issue on a PC game (Blue Estate), and setting mouse to Raw mode in the ingame menu fixed it - don't know if there's something similar in TC5 config files, but I can't find anything.

I tried to install PPjoy but to no avail on Win 10 64 bit - I don't even know if that would work anyway.

Is anyone playing in VR with Virtual Desktop, by any chance? Very grateful for any help!

Use Demulshooter to use a gun for Time Crisis 5

On 07/10/2020 at 3:35 AM, bojo5150 said:

What all did you change in the ini's for Lost Land Adventure to get the lightgun working? Just this?:

line 8 from bEnableMouseSmoothing=true to EnableMouseSmoothing=true
 line 37 from Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX") to Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Axis aMouseX Speed=0.05")
 line 38 from Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY") to Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Axis aMouseY Speed=0.05")

Anything in the DefaultInput.ini file?

Changed that and something else in another file. 

Cannot remember which one and what exactly as did a while ago. 

Apart from the discovery of the mouse speed part everything else I did would have been from the information in the game thread as already had it using a mouse but was too fast and all I did was control speed. 

So try having a read of both threads and see if that helps as the info will be in this one or the actual game thread.

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Changed that and something else in another file. 

Cannot remember which one and what exactly as did a while ago. 

Apart from the discovery of the mouse speed part everything else I did would have been from the information in the game thread as already had it using a mouse but was too fast and all I did was control speed. 

So try having a read of both threads and see if that helps as the info will be in this one or the actual game thread.

Thanks for the reply. I had set the game up back when it was released as well but have only played using my trackball as the AimTrak would jump off the screen. In the defaultInput.ini I had changed the following per the LLA thread:

[RailsShooterGame.RailsShooterPlayerController]

FallbackInputPeripheral_FinalRelease = IPT_Mouse
FallbackInputPeripheral = IPT_Mouse

Does this ring a bell for you? I'm assuming I should keep this and add your changes to the BaseInput.ini file as we did for TC5. Agreed?

On 08/10/2020 at 2:52 PM, bojo5150 said:

Thanks for the reply. I had set the game up back when it was released as well but have only played using my trackball as the AimTrak would jump off the screen. In the defaultInput.ini I had changed the following per the LLA thread:

[RailsShooterGame.RailsShooterPlayerController]

FallbackInputPeripheral_FinalRelease = IPT_Mouse
FallbackInputPeripheral = IPT_Mouse

Does this ring a bell for you? I'm assuming I should keep this and add your changes to the BaseInput.ini file as we did for TC5. Agreed?

First of all an apology from me. I thought I had answered you.

I read this thought..... Yep that sounds about right.... And then forgot to actually type the reply. 

So sorry for being a complete numpty. 

But to answer your question I am pretty sure that I changed that and the added the bit about mouse speed in the same way as with TC5. 

It's not perfect and still moves around like it is on a dome, if you manage to fix that then please feel free to share. 

En 28/8/2020 a las 20:13, arcade_power dijo:

What file do we have to edit to make mouse movement faster?

Después de mil pruebas  ni si quiera con la aimtrack ni con la barra my flash dolphin bar y el wiimote,como mejor se juega al time crisis 5 es con mouse y teclado,pues el punto de mira azul y blanco coinciden perfectamente y eso se puede ver en las pruebas que te ponen a realizar,con la aimtrack y wiimote nunca coinciden y por eso no va bien la retícula y no hay manera vaya igual de fino que el mouse,una lastima no pueda utilizar mis periféricos y opte por jugar con mouse por jugarlo mucho mejor😭😭👍🏻